PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart has baby mama drama

Felch83
07-24-2007, 08:15 AM
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2007/jul/22/no-headline---sc1fccameron22clgfc/

Leinart has been vocal in the media about his fondness for his son. He frequently speaks about his need to balance his time so he can be there for Cole. Cameron and Leinart, who dated during Leinart's time at USC, broke up in 2006.

Cameron wants to shield her son from the tabloids, entertainment magazines and other sensational media.

"It's kind of hard for me as the mom — I'm with Cole probably 99.9 percent of the time — to open a magazine or read a newspaper article with Matt saying, Oh, I love being a dad. I love changing diapers. I love doing this. I'm like, Wait, what?' " said Cameron, who added, "I don't know how to word how he is about this, but it's been hard when I'm doing all the work, but he gets all the credit for it."

The Arizona Cardinals quarterback and former USC star "comes and goes whenever he wants," Cameron said.

Cameron says she and Leinart have Cole's best intentions in mind, but co-parenting is a challenge with two unique individuals.

"I don't want to sit here and bad-mouth his lifestyle, but it is hard because we are different people. He likes that Hollywood stuff and I don't like that and raising a kid together, you have to work together as parents, but we're so different," Cameron said.

"It's hard, but I have to raise Cole to be a strong, secure kid so he knows what's right and wrong, what's good and bad and what really matters in life, which isn't what's going on in Hollywood or who's dating who. That's not what it's all about, and I think he'll know that being raised by me."

This chick should just be happy she doesnt have to work for 18 yrs. She is going to get taken care of with Matt's money. Plus, she should of known about Matt's Hollywood ways and lifestyle before she decided to have the baby.

Brock
07-24-2007, 08:21 AM
He sounds like a great father. I'm sure his kid will turn out wonderful.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-24-2007, 08:23 AM
She has a point. I love athletes that talk the talk, but don't spend anything but money on their children. Spending time is, and will always be more important than money. Looks like Leinart has some growing up to do.

OnTheWarpath15
07-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Last week's SI had a good article on Leinart, and it painted a completely different picture.

He was disappointed on Draft Day when he fell, but realized soon thereafter that Arizona was one of the best places he could be.

He'd be close to his son. And from the way SI tells it, he's home quite a bit, all things considered.

I'm sure this broad isn't returning any checks written by Matt.......

teedubya
07-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I'd hit it.

http://media.venturacountystar.com/vcs/content/img/photos/2007/07/21/20070721-230608-pic-860961363_t600.jpg

Mecca
07-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Sounds like she doesn't to much like the fact that he's a famous guy who moved on from her.....

When you have a kid with an NFL QB it's pretty difficult to "shield them from the media" especially a guy like Leinart who is a huge star in the LA market. If Leinart was around alot she'd probably be upset that the media was always around.

Also he doesn't live in LA now so there's all sorts of factors there..Leinart probably feels he's doing the best he can with his situation and the amount of free time he has.

Demonpenz
07-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Life is tough enough having your dad play for the cards is downright mean

StcChief
07-24-2007, 09:29 AM
He needs to grow up.

Eleazar
07-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Are there any college athletes who graduate without having kids anymore?

kepp
07-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Life is tough enough having your dad play for the cards is downright mean
ROFL
Teacher: "Tell us, Cole. What does your dad do?"
Cole: "Uh...Er...He, uh...he's a garbage man. Yeah..."

Bowser
07-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Are there any college athletes who graduate without having kids anymore?

Sure. The unsuccessful ones.

Mile High Mania
07-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, we can all judge him, but hopefully he's doing the right thing...

fan4ever
07-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I live here in the Phoenix area and know a couple of people who've had personal accounts with Leinart. One example was a small parade he was the main attraction in Cave Creek. They had a contest at one of the high schools where the winner got to ride next to Leinart in a convertable going down the parade route. The kid's account of the ride was Leinart pretty much refused to talk to him during the whole ride, then renigged on signing a previously arranged amount of autographs for some other kids. I have a feeling we'll be hearing a Leinart version of Alec Baldwin's phone call some day.

StcChief
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
I live here in the Phoenix area and know a couple of people who've had personal accounts with Leinart. One example was a small parade he was the main attraction in Cave Creek. They had a contest at one of the high schools where the winner got to ride next to Leinart in a convertable going down the parade route. The kid's account of the ride was Leinart pretty much refused to talk to him during the whole ride, then renigged on signing a previously arranged amount of autographs for some other kids. I have a feeling we'll be hearing a Leinart version of Alec Baldwin's phone call some day.
There is a standup guy... literally standup the fans. Making friends in Phoenix.

jAZ
07-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Having just gone through the first 7 months of my first kid, I can guarantee you that unless you are living in the house every night (and sometimes even when you are)... you aren't even able to do your part.

If you wife is nursing, the baby will force you to stop everything you are doing and attend to them for 30 minutes every 2 hours around the clock.

You can be the best intentioned person in the world, but if you aren't there, you aren't dealing with the stress. And early on (the first month or so), it can be really hard, really draining (collic) experience.

There is no chance in hell that you can live the prototypical Hollywood, NFL lifestyle and be a contributing father.

He may enjoy the times he spends with his kid... and he might be a good hearted person... but there is no doubt that her point is 100% legit.

Hell, with teething and growth spruts and the confusion that results from an active (non-regular) routine... my wife is still up 4-5 times a night.

You ask my wife, and she'll tell you that I'm a great, really involved (daily) father... and even though we both work from home and I do a lot more than the average father... she still has to carry the bulk of the burden.

Any father who lives in a differenty city, who chooses to go to clubs, parties, dates, etc... just can't raise a kid.

Sorry, you get credit for being supportive ($) and being a good guy... but you are choosing to spend nights out dating, drinking, red-carpeting, etc.

You lose points (lots of them) for that, IMO.

fan4ever
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Couldn't have said it better.

KevB
07-24-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2007/jul/22/no-headline---sc1fccameron22clgfc/

This chick should just be happy she doesnt have to work for 18 yrs. She is going to get taken care of with Matt's money. Plus, she should of known about Matt's Hollywood ways and lifestyle before she decided to have the baby.

They dated for a good while in college....I'm sure becoming a star Heisman trophy QB changed him. I don't think you can blame her for "deciding to have the baby" with him. I'm also pretty sure he was somewhat involved in creating the baby.

Another interesting Leinart tidbit -- Bill Simmons had a podcast with Jimmy Kimmel, and they discussed athletes feuding with other athletes. Apparently Leinart and Roethlisberger insisted on sitting across the room from one another.

kcxiv
07-24-2007, 01:37 PM
2 sides to every story. The problem is both stories are usually not totally correct.

I am not one to judge a person, but for the best interest of the kid, i just hope he's doing whatever he can. I cant imagine being a famous athlete that is forced to move away from the family. People say football is just their job, but when your starting out, its honestly your life.

KCChiefsMan
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
she probably trapped him with the pregnancy, hole in the rubber or lied about birth control...whatever. She probably just wanted some of that cheddar

Eric
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
You got to love her comments. They sound so dumb and egotistical. Why does anyone care about your kid lady? She sounds like a dumb groupy.

Matt Leinarts a celebrity? News to me.

fan4ever
07-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Celebrity? My nephew is owner in a bar where Matt was partying a couple of months ago and making out with . . . Brittney Spears, so he not only thinks he's a celebrity, he'll even do time with the ones heading downhill. As far as the girlfriend goes, I think it's funny she's being painted the bad person in this scenario by some of you; as far as anyone knows, it might have been "C'mon baby, I'll pull out; promise." She doesn't look like she'll have any problem garnering male attention, she's just probably pissed at having 99% of the responsibility and he gets to talk about how great it is to be a dad.

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
You got to love her comments. They sound so dumb and egotistical. Why does anyone care about your kid lady? She sounds like a dumb groupy.

That's because you obviously live under a rock.

First, you think that Adrian Grenier wouldn't pull any ass in Hollywood if he wasn't on Entourage, now you think Matt Leinart, a dude who could have been found in Hollywood on any given night with a hottie (and I've seen him with Paris several times), isn't a celebrity. And this is after he's won 2 National Championships in a town without an NFL team. He was the closet thing to Kobe Bryant in this town for a few years.

Simplex3
07-24-2007, 02:55 PM

You make two statements and, typically, they're both f**king stupid.

Felch83
07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
she probably trapped him with the pregnancy, hole in the rubber or lied about birth control...whatever. She probably just wanted some of that cheddar

Bingo. He should of been more careful. When the test came back she was indeed pregnant, I am sure her eyes light up as dollar signs. I have little symphathy for her.

fan4ever
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Bingo. He should of been more careful. When the test came back she was indeed pregnant, I am sure her eyes light up as dollar signs. I have little symphathy for her.

Hey, I know; she probably raped him. She was a big, mean basketball player after all.

Eric
07-24-2007, 04:40 PM

fugg off bitch.
:p

Eleazar
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM

This guy's got to be some obscure attempt at humor by a current member or something.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Looks like she wants $30,000 a month to help raise him...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/24/baby-mama-forcing-qb-out-of-the-pocket/#continuedcontents

Coach
07-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Looks like she wants $30,000 a month to help raise him...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/24/baby-mama-forcing-qb-out-of-the-pocket/#continuedcontents

Holy crap. I know I didn't cost that much towards my parents when I was a kid.

Deberg_1990
07-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Holy crap. I know I didn't cost that much towards my parents when I was a kid.

Diapers and formula are expensive these days...

Coach
07-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Diapers and formula are expensive these days...

Still, $30,000?

I think not.

arrowheadnation
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
If I were the judge in this case, this would be my ruling:

This court finds in favor of Mr. Lienart and denies child support to Ms. Cameron as even after childbirth, she is still smoking hot and capable of landing a wealthy anesthesiologist or perhaps a single internet judge from Kansas before her child baring years are through.

Logical
07-25-2007, 01:09 AM
Sort of sounds like she is jealous of the spotlight. I am sure he is not perfect but she and her son will always be well taken care of. Be happy for what comes your way, it could be a lot worse.

ChiefaRoo
07-25-2007, 04:50 AM
I'd hit it.

http://media.venturacountystar.com/vcs/content/img/photos/2007/07/21/20070721-230608-pic-860961363_t600.jpg

I don't get it. She's obviously an athlete but I don't think she's that attractive or has that great of a bod. I'd still hit it I'm just sayin' that's my reaction.

Felch83
07-25-2007, 06:33 AM
30,000 a month is absurd. Women can be downright shameful. I lost any sympathy I had for her.

Mecca
07-25-2007, 06:48 AM
"But he makes millions'

I really hate that, just because you are rich and/or famous doesn't mean your ex g/f should get to live the high life and not work a day in her life. But that sure seems to happen a lot.

Ugly Duck
07-25-2007, 09:05 AM
ROFL
Teacher: "Tell us, Cole. What does your dad do?"
Cole: "Uh...Er...He, uh...he's a garbage man. Yeah..."

Hey... Oakland's garbage men make over $100,000 per year. And they're currently on strike fo mo.

"It's been hard when I'm doing all the work, but he gets all the credit for it. All I get is $1,000 a day for my trouble"

kepp
07-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey... Oakland's garbage men make over $100,000 per year. And they're currently on strike fo mo.

"It's been hard when I'm doing all the work, but he gets all the credit for it. All I get is $1,000 a day for my trouble"
Sorry. I should have added a "NTTAWWT".

$30K/month x 12 months/yr x 18 years = $6.48 million ...pretty good chunk of change

Eleazar
07-25-2007, 09:28 AM
If he really cared about being there for the kid, he could buy them a house in Arizona for during the season. Him spending whatever it would cost to set his son and son's mother up nearby would be like the rest of us ordering a pizza. Obviously, he doesn't care that much.