PDA

View Full Version : All good things must come to an end...

DaFace
07-24-2007, 11:29 AM
For those of you who don't already know, I came to Denver and started working for Rain Man back at the beginning of this year. It's been a great experience, but I've decided to stop fighting my computer geek roots and return to IT consulting. So, as of the end of August, I'll no longer be one of Rain Man's minions.

Anyway, that's about all I've got. If any of you happen to be looking to go into marketing or demographic research, I can tell you that this is one great place to work. Give Kevin a shout if you've got a decent resume for it. Unfortunately, the work itself just isn't for me.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

EDIT: Well, cancel that.

I'll spare you all the details, but this thread is now null and void. I just can't resist a survey of female sex fantasies...

siberian khatru
07-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Kevin canned you, huh?

Ruthless bastard.

DaFace
07-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Kevin canned you, huh?

Ruthless bastard.

You know it. Despite what I said above, he's really a tyrant. ;)

siberian khatru
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Sleeping with his wife probably wasn't the smartest move on your part, either.

booger
07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Kevin canned you, huh?

Ruthless bastard.
I knew it. He stuck his finger in the pickle slicer again.

luv
07-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Giving notice on an internet BB? Very creative. :p

DaFace
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM

Yeah, you think he'll be mad when he finds out?

OnTheWarpath15
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
You know it. Despite what I said above, he's really a tyrant. ;)

Serves you right. He only hired you to find his bike.

You failed.

Skip Towne
07-24-2007, 11:41 AM
You'll miss all the groupies Rainman claims follow him around.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-24-2007, 11:43 AM
This is one of Rainman's more unique Planet polls

Rain Man
07-24-2007, 11:46 AM
What the - ?

What is this about?

And now who's going to staff the nationwide survey of female sex fantasies that we just won?

Saulbadguy
07-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Can I work from home, or even better, from my current job?

I have absolutely no experience what so ever, but I have experience clicking the "create a poll" button on many different message boards.

DaFace
07-24-2007, 11:57 AM
And now who's going to staff the nationwide survey of female sex fantasies that we just won?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Planetman
07-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I bet Kevin feels a little like Dick Vermiel right now.

brorth
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
What the - ?

What is this about?

Haha, he said staff.

FAX
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
This is a lot like one of those "I just made my 80 billionth post" threads. I don't know whether to be happy or sad, Mr. DaRepost.

So I'll just say, "Like my momma done tole' me, boom lacka lacka lacka, boom lacka lacka lacka."

FAX

cdcox
07-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Note to self: start one of those "insane tyrannical boss" threads in September.

BigRedChief
07-24-2007, 12:38 PM
For those of you who don't already know, I came to Denver and started working for Rain Man back at the beginning of this year. It's been a great experience, but I've decided to stop fighting my computer geek roots and return to IT consulting. So, as of the end of August, I'll no longer be one of Rain Man's minions.

Anyway, that's about all I've got. If any of you happen to be looking to go into marketing or demographic research, I can tell you that this is one great place to work. Give Kevin a shout if you've got a decent resume for it. Unfortunately, the work itself just isn't for me.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...It's my fault. If you hadn't stopped by the tailgate and had those jaggerbombs right before you left you would have started out better. Sorry.:shrug:

Rain Man
07-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Okay, the truth can be told. I got this great resume and great interview, but when he showed up, he was an illiterate goatherd from a mountainous area of Ethiopia. We tried to teach him English, and worked with him on survey methodologies, but he was really only interested in herding goats and playing his pan flute. Then we started looking into his resume more deeply and discovered that not only does West Dakota State University not have an MBA program, but there is no such place as West Dakota State University. Nonetheless, by that point he was doing great work and was teaching our staff how to hunt wild animals, so we were glad to have him. And then he up and quits. I think he only married us so he could get into the country.

patteeu
07-24-2007, 12:40 PM
I guess the old trick where you make the job unbearable until they quit on their own really does work. Rain Man is always working the angles.

Iowanian
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM

If Its good enough for Gunther to be fired o'er the net.....its good enough for an employee that the employer KNEW was an internet slacker to begin w/.

Iowanian
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
What the - ?

What is this about?

I'm available to work from home.

I'd be more than happy to provide colorful map displays of the tabular data results.

FAX
07-24-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm available to work from home.

I'd be more than happy to provide colorful map displaces of the tabular data results.

That's an admirable talent, Mr. Iowanian. No question.

Unfortunately, I'm one up on you. I've taken lessons from Mr. cdcox and I can now make graphs that look like lesbian boobies.

FAX

big nasty kcnut
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Kevin i think you should get a van and make daface drink the kool aid till he's is back in your fold.

StcChief
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
So DaRepost (aka DaFace) are you leaving Donkeyland or have they sucked you in.

DMAC
07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I require 93K per year, a health plan, and working from home.

I'm that good.

EDIT: I forgot a 5 in front of that 9.

Maybe I'm not that good.

Logical
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
That's an admirable talent, Mr. Iowanian. No question.

Unfortunately, I'm one up on you. I've taken lessons from Mr. cdcox and I can now make graphs that look like lesbian boobies.

FAX

Do lesbian boobies really look different than heterosexual boobies? Enquiring minds need to know.

HemiEd
07-24-2007, 01:45 PM
So are you headed back to Emporia? You staying in Denver? Neither? None of my business?

FAX
07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Do lesbian boobies really look different than heterosexual boobies? Enquiring minds need to know.

Sure they do, Mr. Logical. There's also the difference having to do with intent of use.

My market research graphs look like incarcerated, lesbian boobies.

FAX

Frazod
07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Be sure to key that Bronco-orange BMW before you go.... :evil:

Donger
07-24-2007, 02:17 PM

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Did you at least get Rainman to pay for your move to Denver?

DaFace
07-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Did you at least get Rainman to pay for your move to Denver?

Man, I'm screwing everything up. :shake:

To answer the questions from above, I'm actually going to stay in Denver for now at least. I've got a pretty good opportunity to get some great experience and help out a guy looking to expand his business. Of course, I haven't actually suffered through a football season here yet, so we'll see how well things go.

FAX
07-24-2007, 03:17 PM
So ... did Mr. Rain Man pay, or not?

FAX

Stewie
07-24-2007, 04:05 PM
It's nice to see an amicable separation between employer/employee. I've seen too many ugly scenes in my years that were just stupid.

Good luck DaFace in your IT consulting and good luck Rain Man finding someone to replace DaFace. I'd apply, but I'm an engineer in the aerospace industry who loves numbers, so I'd have to take over your company. :)

FAX
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM
It's nice to see an amicable separation between employer/employee. I've seen too many ugly scenes in my years that were just stupid. ...

Actually, we're not sure about that yet, Mr. Stewie. To my knowledge, there has been no direct answer to the question, "Did Mr. Rain Man pay for your moving expenses to Denver?"

There may yet be time to force this relationship into the mire of discontent.

FAX

BigRedChief
07-24-2007, 04:15 PM
So ... did Mr. Rain Man pay, or not?

FAX
$500.00:hmmm:

FAX
07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
How much would it cost to move all your stuff and yourself from Emporia to Denver, anyhow?

Anyone have any idea?

FAX

DaFace
07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
How much would it cost to move all your stuff and yourself from Emporia to Denver, anyhow?

Anyone have any idea?

FAX

To directly answer the question, they didn't pay, but I didn't ask. I was happy enough to actually have a job, so I didn't worry about it. And I'm not worried about it now.

As for the cost, it was probably around $400 for a moving truck, $250 for gas for the truck and two cars, and $100 or so in pizza and beer to pay my helpers on either end. Plus the typical deposits on an apartment if you're counting that. Not too bad, really.

Oh, and about $100,000 for pain and suffering. As if moving to the heard of enemy territory isn't enough, we got here in the middle of the blizzard and couldn't get into our new place for a week after we got here.

FAX
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Okay. So, 400 plus 250 plus 100. Let's see, zero plus zero ... carry the 5 ... that's $750.00 in moving expenses not counting deposits which will be returned to you someday, probably. Expenses that you would not have incurred had Mr. Rain Man not made an offer of employment to you.

And, Mr. Rain Man did not assist you with these expenses in any way, shape, or form. And, to date, there has been no offer to do same. Nor, I suppose, did Mr. Rain Man help you with your boxes and stuff when you arrived. Nor, did he offer to assist with calling for pizza, I imagine.

This is troublesome, Mr. DaRepost. Very troublesome, indeed.

FAX

HemiEd
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
To directly answer the question, they didn't pay, but I didn't ask. I was happy enough to actually have a job, so I didn't worry about it. And I'm not worried about it now.

As for the cost, it was probably around $400 for a moving truck, $250 for gas for the truck and two cars, and $100 or so in pizza and beer to pay my helpers on either end. Plus the typical deposits on an apartment if you're counting that. Not too bad, really.

Oh, and about $100,000 for pain and suffering. As if moving to the heard of enemy territory isn't enough, we got here in the middle of the blizzard and couldn't get into our new place for a week after we got here.

So there you have it Kevin, looks like $101,000.00 oughta do it, bein' fair and all.

FAX
07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
So there you have it Kevin, looks like $101,000.00 oughta do it, bein' fair and all.

I would discount the 100k, Mr. HemiEd. Although the number is probably pretty accurate, Mr. DaRepost knew that he was moving to Denver and all that entailed. I don't think Mr. Rain Man is obligated to pay that part.

The remaining amount is another matter, however.

FAX

chagrin
07-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Haha, he said staff.

Dude! Where have you been?

DaFace
08-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, cancel that.

I'll spare you all the details, but this thread is now null and void. I just can't resist a survey of female sex fantasies...

Stinger
08-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Well, cancel that.

His cat got revenge and you took over the company????

Donger
08-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Well, cancel that.

Excellent. Coup d'état!

HemiEd
08-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Well, cancel that.

So Kevin ponied up some real money eh? Good for you!

cdcox
08-08-2007, 09:57 AM
"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Are you moving out of dog killing country?

CosmicPal
08-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Are you moving out of dog killing country?

He was living in Michael Vick's house?

:shrug:

FAX
08-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Dang, Mr. DaFace. You're going to give Mr. Rain Man whiplash.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
He was living in Michael Vick's house?

:shrug:

vick may have had to put a few down but this is ridiculous

http://network.bestfriends.org/animallawcoalition/news/14095.html

Planetman
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
So, Kevin has something over on you apparently.

Remember kids, never show your employer pictures of you naked, frolicking with barnyard animals.