PDA

View Full Version : Here's something interesting re: Nate Harris.

Direckshun
07-24-2007, 09:01 PM
For those in the know, Nate Harris is the LB we picked up as an UDFA following the draft.

I've been over at nflfans.com this evening and they have/had him as the 7th ranked MLB available for the 2007 Draft, a 4th round value. Bizarre, right?

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2007/showplayer.php?key=Nate%20Harris

He is a massive character concern because of armed robbery, but if he can keep his shit together (big if), I think he might have been a tremendous steal that rivals our drafting of Jarrad Page last year.

pikesome
07-24-2007, 09:10 PM
And he played at Dodge City CC? Cool. Except that robbery thing.

Direckshun
07-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Goddamn this is a slow night.

What's going on with you, pikesome.

pikesome
07-24-2007, 09:18 PM
The same. If the weekend doesn't hurry up my giveadamn-o-meter might peter out re football. I always get this way at the end of the summer, so frustrated by the lack of real happenings I'm about to give up and then the sweet promise of training camp makes it all worth while. Until the sky starts falling because we suck in the preseason.

pikesome
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I stole this from Fox's NFL preview, I to lazy to link it.

He had accepted a scholarship to the University of Miami, but in May of his senior year at Edison High School in 2002, he was arrested for his involvement in an armed robbery. Harris admitted in court on July 11, 2002, that he was the lookout in an armed robbery, when he and two others used a gun to rob a man of his necklace, bracelet and ring while the victim was playing checkers on a street corner in the Liberty City area of Miami. "I was being a lookout in an armed robbery," Harris says. "I never touched a gun, and I never robbed anybody. But I was on the scene and if one person gets caught, everyone gets caught. Everybody goes down with the same charge. I was just in the wrong place, wrong time with the wrong people." A judge withheld adjudication, which meant that when Harris completed his sentence he was not required to admit the conviction on job applications in the future. In addition to the jail time and spending six months in Miami-Dade County's boot camp, Harris was ordered to spend two years under community control, followed by three years of probation. Miami revoked its scholarship offer. But once he was admitted to Dodge Community College after his release from jail, the state suspended the community control portion of the sentence.

crazycoffey
07-24-2007, 09:23 PM
very slow

OnTheWarpath15
07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Scott Wright had him as the 8th best ILB, a late round or UDFA.

Here's his take.....

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/nateharris.html

pikesome
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Scott Wright had him as the 8th best ILB, a late round or UDFA.

Here's his take.....

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ilb/nateharris.html

One of the other draft previews I was reading complained about his hips and weakness in coverage. That doesn't exactly jive with Wright's take. I guess we'll see if he ever takes the field.

Smed1065
07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Wake up people!

kcchiefsus
07-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Wake up people!

Wake up about what?

Direckshun
07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Wake up about what?
Wake up from your religious slumber! There's no god, and your idiotic dogmatic ideals are laughable!

Smed1065
07-24-2007, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=Direckshun]Goddamn this is a slow night.

What's going on with you, pikesome.[/QUOTE/]

I came to meet Chiefs fans, not many here
unless you count SD fans........

LOL

RustShack
07-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Harris is pretty good, I think he would be a good back up to Harris. Maybe if Napolion gets hurt some people wont notice because we have another Harris filling in for him... jk

KCChiefsMan
07-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I stole this from Fox's NFL preview, I to lazy to link it.

He had accepted a scholarship to the University of Miami, but in May of his senior year at Edison High School in 2002, he was arrested for his involvement in an armed robbery. Harris admitted in court on July 11, 2002, that he was the lookout in an armed robbery, when he and two others used a gun to rob a man of his necklace, bracelet and ring while the victim was playing checkers on a street corner in the Liberty City area of Miami. "I was being a lookout in an armed robbery," Harris says. "I never touched a gun, and I never robbed anybody. But I was on the scene and if one person gets caught, everyone gets caught. Everybody goes down with the same charge. I was just in the wrong place, wrong time with the wrong people." A judge withheld adjudication, which meant that when Harris completed his sentence he was not required to admit the conviction on job applications in the future. In addition to the jail time and spending six months in Miami-Dade County's boot camp, Harris was ordered to spend two years under community control, followed by three years of probation. Miami revoked its scholarship offer. But once he was admitted to Dodge Community College after his release from jail, the state suspended the community control portion of the sentence.

I would have thought that Miami would have guarunteed him as a starter for that and increased his perks