PDA

View Full Version : Baseballs Best fights (mound charges)

Deberg_1990
07-25-2007, 11:20 AM
My faves were:

# 6 Chan Ho Park drop kick
# 4 Izzy Alcantara kicks the catcher

# 1 Nolan Ryan was such a badass

# 7 Sweeney was such a p***y

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGm-KcG-Qhs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGm-KcG-Qhs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

kcxiv
07-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Nolan Ryan owns. I remember he was into martial arts in his younger days.

|Zach|
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
How was Mike Sweeny a pussy? They usually don't get good shots on the pitcher like that. He got the hat throw to district and gone some nice blows...

?

Sure-Oz
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
That's some funny shit and weaver was the pussy. Pedro is a little bitch too haha

JBucc
07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
The one where he kicks the catcher before charging the mound makes me laugh every time.

Deberg_1990
07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
How was Mike Sweeny a pussy? They usually don't get good shots on the pitcher like that. He got the hat throw to district and gone some nice blows...

?

He just looks like a wimp with the hat throw....he did get in some nice blows after that. Id love to know what Weaver said to him to set Mr. Nice Guy off?

|Zach|
07-25-2007, 11:28 AM
He just looks like a wimp with the hat throw....he did get in some nice blows after that. Id love to know what Weaver said to him to set Mr. Nice Guy off?
So the guy who got in a lot of really good punches in the whole thing.

Was the pussy? :hmmm:

In almost every other one the guys are flailing around wildly in the air. There is even as weak ass kick. Sweeny really took it to that guy.

Amnorix
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
That's some funny shit and weaver was the pussy. Pedro is a little bitch too haha

He weighs like 160. At least he didn't run...

BigRedChief
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah, Sweeney did better than most in those clips.

But the Ryan one is in a class by itself. At first noone touches Ryan. They just let him flail on the poor dude while Ryan has him in a headlock. Classic.:clap:

Skip Towne
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
My favorite was when Robin Ventura charged Nolan Ryan. Ryan proceeded to put lumps on his head.

El Jefe
07-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Nolan Ryan was like an older Chuck Norris, I thought sweeney handled his business, I thought the hat throw was funny, then he landed some bombs on him.

noa
07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Jeff Weaver definitely ran away from Sweeney

WilliamTheIrish
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Pffft. Those aren't fights.

Look up Juan Marachal beating John Roseboro over the head with a bat in the 65 season.

Brutal.

WilliamTheIrish
07-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Another great one was the 1972 ALCS between the Tiger and the A's.

the Tigers, tired of Oakland SS Bert Campaneris stealing at will, have pitcher (Lerron LeGrow (I think) fire a pitch at Campy's knees in the late stages of a game they are going to lose. Campanaeris responds by getting up slowly from the dust, grab the bat by the handle and suddenly hurl it, 3/4 overarm at LaGrow....bat helicoptering out to the mound right at the pitchers head.
The pitcher, surprised as hell (maybe looking the other way?) ducks down at the near last second as the bat misses over the top of him by maybe a foot. I'm telling you, he might have gotten killed if that thing had hit him square Both benches empty...all on National TV!!

Al Kaline hits a HR in the 8th inning of game 5 to seemingly win it, then loses it in the top of the 9th on his throwing error.

The good old days...

Sure-Oz
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
He weighs like 160. At least he didn't run...
Atleast he can woop don zimmers ass!

KCChiefsMan
07-25-2007, 06:46 PM
sweeney really didn't look that bad in that fight, Nolan Ryan is awesome!

Calcountry
07-25-2007, 07:15 PM
That's some funny shit and weaver was the pussy. Pedro is a little bitch too hahaI like that Campy hammer throw. He was standing on one foot at the time too.

Calcountry
07-25-2007, 07:18 PM

the Tigers, tired of Oakland SS Bert Campaneris stealing at will, have pitcher (Lerron LeGrow (I think) fire a pitch at Campy's knees in the late stages of a game they are going to lose. Campanaeris responds by getting up slowly from the dust, grab the bat by the handle and suddenly hurl it, 3/4 overarm at LaGrow....bat helicoptering out to the mound right at the pitchers head.
The pitcher, surprised as hell (maybe looking the other way?) ducks down at the near last second as the bat misses over the top of him by maybe a foot. I'm telling you, he might have gotten killed if that thing had hit him square Both benches empty...all on National TV!!

Al Kaline hits a HR in the 8th inning of game 5 to seemingly win it, then loses it in the top of the 9th on his throwing error.

The good old days...That, was an awesome series. Of course, the right team one it. ;)

ChiefaRoo
07-25-2007, 07:18 PM
I like to charge the mound but only if it is groomed and smells like flowers.

Calcountry
07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
That's some funny shit and weaver was the pussy. Pedro is a little bitch too hahaI bet Scott Baio could kick all dey asses.

07-25-2007, 08:30 PM

The good old days...
Thread over.

It twirled at like 100 mph right over his head..that was the best.

WilliamTheIrish
07-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Thread over.

It twirled at like 100 mph right over his head..that was the best.

I'm glad a couple of folks remembered this. There was another great brawl in the 73 NLCS. Reds vs Mets.

Mets were HUGE underdogs. They won the division over the Tards by 1.5 games finishing 82-79 . The Mets got semi hot in Sept., and the rest of the division just collapsed.
The Reds were in the midst of becoming The Big Red Machine and won 99 games.

Anyway, Rose slides in hard on Mets SS Bud Harrelson. A diminutive fellow, Harrelson attacks Rose. Then, Mets 3b Wayne Garrett comes along and piles on Rose. Benches emptied and cooler heads prevailed. But not before the funniest part: Reds reliever Pedro Bourbon bit the cap off of a Mets coach or player. There's a picture out there somewhere showing this. Funny as f***. I think Curt Gowdy and Tony Kubek were the TV announcers.

But the Mets fans threw all kinds of shit on Rose as he went to the dugout. Tom Seaver, Matlack and Willie Mays (in the twilight of his fabulous career) had to walk the foul lines to calm the crowd. It was as close to a riot as I've ever seen. On TV.

mikey23545
07-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Sweeney a pussy? It looked to me he did more damage than about 7 of the others all added together, and the body slam at the end must have put Weaver into tomorrow...

But the classic had to be Ryan. I think he would have slowly, methodically, taken that mofo apart piece by piece if he had been left alone....

Sure-Oz
07-25-2007, 10:43 PM
I bet Scott Baio could kick all dey asses.
Baio would **** them first