PDA

View Full Version : Priest Holmes IS returning 2007

ChiefsfaninPA
07-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Per Sirius NFL radio. Reading the press release as we speak.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Passed his physical and informed King Carl that he will be there Saturday at River Falls.

StcChief
07-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Camp fodder :)

Crashride
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/07/25/rb_priest_holmes_informs_chiefs_he_will_report_to_training_camp_on_saturday/

beat me to it

CoMoChief
YAHOO!!!!!! Welcome back Priest.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I know I should've just posted this in the other Priest thread, but that has become a Chiefsplanet Editiorial.

htismaqe
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Let me be the first to eat crow.

Please pass the BBQ sauce please...

No not the KC Masterpiece...

chagrin
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Nice - now this would be a good backfield; so people worried about LJ maybe will now not worry so much?

Of course we still have a lousy OC (my opinion) so we'll see but this definitely helps take the pressure off, I hope we can still run a screen!

Brock
Hmm...this is going to surprise certain people.

Mr. Arrowhead
all you priest doubters will be sorry. Because priest is one man you cant doubt. He has beat his doubters every time and i think he will again this year and be the NFL comeback player of the year.

Molitoth
PRINT 'EM!

FAX
Awesome news.

Welcome back to the greatest Chiefs running back of all times.

FAX

kcxiv
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Welcome back Priest. This is good news. LJ, Priest and Bennet? yeah.

noa
WOW, I am shocked. I hope he's not just taking us for another ride to get another paycheck. If he's going to do this, he'd better contribute this season.
But man, I would love to see Priest on the goal line again.

ChiefsfaninPA

How 'bout Nacho Cheese?

El Jefe
Awesome this will be interesting.

nychief
Best backfield in the history of football.

Bowser
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM

You don't get to be picky....

CoMoChief
I will be the first to say that I'm now drafting Stephen Jackson over LJ in my fantasy draft.

chagrin
Best backfield in the history of football.

Now that's a bit much...

Cszonka, Kick (hell don't forget Morris)
I forget the dudes in Oakland (King and someone else) and Cleveland (Marty got 2 - 1,000 yard rushers).

We still have to see if our coaches can make it work

htismaqe
07-25-2007, 01:41 PM
You don't get to be picky....

EEEEWWWWWWWW

As if the fake smoke flavor wasn't bad enough...

CupidStunt
07-25-2007, 01:43 PM
You guys are getting a little carried away... there's no telling how much Priest can contribute at this stage of his career. I personally doubt that he will be able to be a significant contributor and will keep that opinion until he proves otherwise on the field. He's been out of football (contact) a while, certainly isn't getting any quicker, can't hide behind a great offensive line any more and, most of all, is pretty darn old for an NFL RB.

htismaqe
07-25-2007, 01:44 PM
You guys are getting a little carried away... there's no telling how much Priest can contribute at this stage of his career. I personally doubt that he will be able to be a significant contributor and will keep that opinion until he proves otherwise on the field. He's been out of football (contact) a while, certainly isn't getting any quicker, can't hide behind a great offensive line any more and, most of all, is pretty darn old for an NFL RB.

There's this thing about Priest...

When he puts his mind to something he's not gonna be denied.

I for one said he'd never come back at all. But if he shows up to TC, all bets are off, because the guy has never met a challenge he couldn't overcome.

CoMoChief
07-25-2007, 01:45 PM

Tell that to Curtis Martin. The Jets Oline he had is worse than the one we have now.

tk13
07-25-2007, 01:45 PM
That Priest authentic jersey I got for like $25 last year is gonna turn out to be a good investment. I won't lie, I hope he makes the team. I don't expect 2003 Priest, but hopefully he can come in and just do some positive things.

I think he can still be a good short yardage back, catch some balls out of the backfield, come in on 3rd down on passing situations. Maybe help keep LJ a bit more fresh for later in the game. I don't think you can ever have too many RB's though, you're always one Merriman hit or Antrel Rolle facemask from losing your starter.

Micjones
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Welcome back Priest!!!

noa
07-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I don't care if he's a regular contributor, I just want to see him near the goal line and in short yardage situations. He was a master. Of course, our OLine looks very different now, but he had a knack for scoring TDs that I hope he can recapture.

Frazod
07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
I'll believe it when I see him shedding tackles and hauling the rock. I'm still not convinced this isn't merely an anti-LJ ploy.

RustShack
07-25-2007, 01:48 PM
He wants his TD record back!

Adept Havelock
07-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Welcome back Priest. :)

Bowser

I for one said he'd never come back at all. But if he shows up to TC, all bets are off, because the guy has never met a challenge he couldn't overcome.

Exactly. Priest is all about achieving goals. I'm willing to bet his goal this year is being the 2007 Comeback Player of the Year.

I have no delusions about this. I do not expect Priest to go for 1,000+ yards, 20+TD's, or 60+ receptions. I do expect him to pick us up on third down, be a receiving threat out of the backfield, and pick up the f*cking blitz from time to time. We are NOT going to see the 2003 Priest Holmes ever again, but I'll take what Priest brings to the table for 2007.

FAX
That Priest authentic jersey I got for like $25 last year is gonna turn out to be a good investment. I won't lie, I hope he makes the team. I don't expect 2003 Priest, but hopefully he can come in and just do some positive things.

I think he can still be a good short yardage back, catch some balls out of the backfield, come in on 3rd down on passing situations. I don't think you can ever have too many RB's though, you're always one Merriman hit or Antrel Rolle facemask from losing your starter.

I see it a little differently, Mr. tk13. In my little dream, Priest comes back intending to take the starting job away from LJ. That's the kind of guy he's always been. If Hermward will give him a true chance (which is somewhat doubtful since Priest's not a "Hermer"), I think he might just be able to do it based on the fact that he is a more well-rounded, more experienced, all-around back.

FAX

chagrin
Got a Dungver fan on Sirius saying that he's worried now because he feels this will get LJ to camp sooner.

Also the hosts seem to think this "shifts" the favor to the CHIEFS from the Donks.

Yes I am excited and I am glad to get some hype in our favor for a change!

donkey_hater
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Great news! Makes you wonder what LJ is thinking right now. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when LJ heard the news

noa
07-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Time for LJ to put his diapers back on

htismaqe
07-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Got a Dungver fan on Sirius saying that he's worried now because he feels this will get LJ to camp sooner.

It certainly does give the front office a little more leverage...

HemiEd

Exactly, and that is why you gotta love the guy. I get giddy just thinking about, the very remote chance, of him taking the starting job away from LJ.

I know it is far fetched, but it would fun to watch.

HemiEd
Time for LJ to put his diapers back on
ROFL

ChiefsfaninPA
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
And to think I was getting ready to change my avatar.

kcfanintitanhell
07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I bet the execs at HBO and NFL Films are peeing all over themselves at this latest development.

JBucc
I believe I had this one all along. Yep, I was one of the believers...

Anyway whatever his motivation for coming back is if he can contribute, glad to have this nacho loving bastard back.

Mr. Flopnuts
HOLY SHIT!!!!!! You guys all had me convinced I'd never see him in a Chiefs uniform again. KEEP ****IN DOUBTING PRIEST HOLMES!!!!!11!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!! Welcome back PH, tear it up like you do.

tk13
07-25-2007, 01:59 PM
It certainly does give the front office a little more leverage...
That's part of it... but honestly I'm for anything that pushes LJ to run harder too. I honestly don't expect Priest to take his job or anything, but if LJ wants to look over his shoulder and start running angry again, I wouldn't complain. He certainly ran better going for Priest's job than he did after he got it last year. I know the O-line stunk, but he still ran for 5 ypc behind Jordan Black and company the year before.... he wasn't breaking that one arm tackle or two he always broke to get extra yardage. Maybe that's part of the reason I'm excited about this too. You know Priest is gonna come to play, I hope him and Bennett push LJ hard.

DaFace
Wow. I really thought he was done.

Chiefnj2
I just hope he doesn't sustain a serious injury.

MOhillbilly
07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
a recieving threat out of the backfield .:clap:

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 02:02 PM

that would be a nice change, that we haven't seen for a couple of years.

Bowser
07-25-2007, 02:03 PM

Hell yes.

Is it coincidence that Herm said at the OTA's they planned on using the backs as receivers more this year? :hmmm:

Sure-Oz
07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Kick ass my priest jersey isn't worthless for eating nacho's in anymore!!!1111one

This should make training camp and pre-season interesting, id love to see if he has anything left.

CoMoChief
07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
that would be a nice change, that we haven't seen for a couple of years.
or someone that can pass block.

trndobrd
07-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Great news! Makes you wonder what LJ is thinking right now. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when LJ heard the news

He probably couldn't care less. LJ is the man and knows he's the man.

On the other hand, I would bet Marcus O'Keith and Derrick Ross have had better days.

ChiefsfaninPA
Weigmann's on Sirius talking Priest.

Said "they" weren't expecting him. Said LJ and PH will be a deadly backfield.

chagrin
sorry

Demonpenz
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Alot of people don't know this but I went down to the deepst parts ot texas, there in the parts no one talks about in a old workout room priest was locked up and worked out for 2 years. Carl would sneak down there and shove power bars under the doors until priest heard the whispers that he had been waiting for all his life.

*The door opens slowly*

"Priest.....it's time"

Mr. Kotter
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Welcome back, Priest. :thumb:

Honestly, if anyone can do it....he can. With the LJ situation, Priest's nose for the goal-line, and potential third-down contributions....it's worth looking at. Got nothing to lose.

Mentoring Smith could be another fringe benefit, though that doesn't seem promising....given Priest's stand-offish demeanor. :hmmm:

Of course, it just may be another attempt to leverage the LJ negotiations too.

Damn it, Carl!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Dartgod
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Leave some for me.

ChiefsfaninPA

Said "they" weren't expecting him. Said LJ and PH will be a deadly backfield.

Said he hasn't talked or seen PH in YEARS. Not sure having this amount of time off is going to affect him. Said Herm and Solari like to pound the rock so this plays into what they want. Doesn't get involved in the LJ holdout talk because that is the business side. Said LJ deserves the money and he wants to see him get paid.

InChiefsHeaven
How old was Marcus Allen when he came to KC?

cdcox
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I'll believe it when I see him shedding tackles and hauling the rock. I'm still not convinced this isn't merely an anti-LJ ploy.

Beat me to it. Or that he might change his mind part way through TC.

DaFace
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
My main concern is that he won't be anywhere close to the shape he was in back in the day. He was starting to slow down a bit back in 2005, IMO, and two years off can't help things much.

MOhillbilly
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Welcome back, Priest. :thumb:

Honestly, if anyone can do it....he can. With the LJ situation, Priest's nose for the goal-line, and potential third-down contributions....it's worth looking at. Got nothing to lose.

Mentoring Smith could be another fringe benefit, though that doesn't seem promising....given Priest's stand-offish demeanor. :hmmm:

Of course, it just may be another attempt to leverage the LJ negotiations too.

Damn it, Carl!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

LJ wont hold during the regular season.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Said losing Shields and Green is taking a toll on him. He doesn't know anyone on the line and it will be different getting used to all the new faces but he will adjust. Wants to see PH comes back to play and help the team win not just get paid(he said some players come back just to get paid, didn't say PH though). Not sure who will be starting, Huard or Croyle. But expects Croyle to be alright as long as he plays smart. Thinks the D is much improved and will help the team this year.

CanadianChief
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Sweet..now we can trade LJ to Green Bay for their 1st round draft pick next year.

Bennett and Priest are going to be MONSTERS this year!!!!

FAX
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
For those skeptics who believe this to be a mere stratagem devised by Carl and Priest to gain leverage during LJ's contract negotiations, I offer the following:

Priest has always walked to the beat of his own nacho man. There is no way he would allow himself to be used in order to facilitate the signing of another player. The only way he would come back to football is to play hard and win football games.

FAX

chagrin
07-25-2007, 02:17 PM
For those skeptics who believe this to be a mere stratagem devised by Carl and Priest to gain leverage during LJ's contract negotiations, I offer the following:

Priest has always walked to the beat of his own nacho man. There is no way he would allow himself to be used in order to facilitate the signing of another player. The only way he would come back to football is to play hard and win football games.

FAX

I don't think people truly believe it's a ploy for leverage.

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I CANT WAIT

THE PRICES OF MY PRIEST JERSEY, AUTOGRAPHCIS, AND ROOKIE CARDS WILL COME BACK UP!!

HIP SURGERY....NECK PROBLEMS...

AND NOW HES BACK ONCE AGAIN....

THIRD TIMES A CHARM!!

WOOO HOOOO

++++++++++++++++++++

On that note..let me be the first to offer any of you a chance to buy a Priest Holmes Game Worn Jersey swatch card...and an Autographics Priest Holmes card...and his Baltimore Ravens rookie card.

I'll sell you all three..

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Holmes has God on his side...LJ and LT dont...

Kylo Ren
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
JACK HARRY IS A TOTAL HACK, LIAR AND A MORON!!!

CoMoChief
Man, we sure executed beautiful draws and screen passes with Priest, cant wait to see that again. :)

tk13
Come on guys, let's get to the important questions, what's his rating on Madden gonna be? :D

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 02:21 PM
or someone that will,or even trys to pass block.

FYP :D

Demonpenz
07-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I ****ing complanined in the madden thread that there was no priest. Special No burst feature

cdcox
07-25-2007, 02:24 PM
I think this keeps LJ out of camp until the first preseason game. Carl gains leverage with this move, but that leverage isn't ratified until PH shows that he is not washed up on the field. If I'm LJ's agent, I'm going to make the Chiefs prove that PH is for real.

Mr. Kotter
07-25-2007, 02:24 PM

FAX

I agree it's unlikely.

However, it could be a fatefull coincidence....of Priest's decision, and it just happens to work to Carl's advantage. I don't think Carl is using Priest; however, I can see Carl using the situation to TRY to leverage his position some.

I agree with MOhillbilly though; LJ won't holdout for the season, so in the end LJ will play....and we will pay him pretty darn well for it too.

Donger
07-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Holy sh*t. I feel like break dancing.

Valiant
07-25-2007, 02:26 PM

I am glad he is back, but I agree he will not be the Priest everybody remembers.. Hopefully he makes it the whole season and then can retire in peace knowing he gets NFL benefits after finally completing his 10 year...

RealSNR
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
This is HUGE.

Think how much better this will ease Croyle into the pace of the NFL. Two back set with LJ and Priest, the most complete TE in the game, and a couple of receivers. Take a couple of steps back into the pocket, look around, and all of a sudden he has another short option to take pressure off. If that isn't enough, he'll also have Priest in pass protection.

Trent relied heavily on Priest in his 2002 campaign after he sucked dick in 2001. It's how he became a great starter for us, and I think it can do the same for Croyle, just having that pitch-off option available.

Fantastic news

noa
07-25-2007, 02:30 PM
On NFL Live, Mort just said he expects LJ trade talks to heat up

BigRock
Let's go ahead and start the countdown to Whitlock's "All that 'nachos' and 'he'll never play XBox football again' talk was just to motivate him" column where he takes credit for this.

DMAC
Freaking AWESOME.

Two headed monster is back baby.

RedDread
Man, we sure executed beautiful draws and screen passes with Priest, cant wait to see that again. :)

THROW IT TO PRIEST!!!!

Sure-Oz
07-25-2007, 02:31 PM
jack harry is going to shit all over the sports spot tonight

FAX
07-25-2007, 02:32 PM
This is HUGE.

Think how much better this will ease Croyle into the pace of the NFL. Two back set with LJ and Priest, the most complete TE in the game, and a couple of receivers. Take a couple of steps back into the pocket, look around, and all of a sudden he has another short option to take pressure off. If that isn't enough, he'll also have Priest in pass protection.

Trent relied heavily on Priest in his 2002 campaign after he sucked dick in 2001. It's how he became a great starter for us, and I think it can do the same for Croyle, just having that pitch-off option available.

Fantastic news

Yepperooskis. Assuming that Priest can actually play and LJ actually signs and Herm gets his head out of his ass crack, a two back set with LJ and Priest presents some very interesting problems for a defense.

You have to assign somebody to watch for one or the other in the flat and stuffing the box becomes a far less attractive option for a coordinator.

FAX

Sully
07-25-2007, 02:35 PM
So after a little bit of time thinking about this, here are my not-so-initial thoughts.
Although I like LJ's style, the smashmouth type of tough runner, watching Priest on a sweep was like poetry. His patience, his burst through the hole, it was a beautiful, artistic type of football that is rarely seen.
So the fan part of me is elated about this news. In some parts of my imagination I see Priest playing a couple of years at a high level, making the cuts into open field, making a short pass into a long one, etc.
However, that is tempered by the fact that he is older, and nearly 2 years away from the field, in any sense. With that I worry that it may have passed him by. I also wonder what this will do for the chemistry of the team. Will we return to a situation with a divided lockeroom with some in the Priest camp, and others in the LJ camp? Of course, to flip that, again, the NFL is increasingly going back to a RBBC approach, and what better duo could there be, if Priest can come back to anywhere near the level he once played.
I guess I'm torn. I get butterflies thinking about the maybes of the situation... But the cynic worries about the bad this could cause.

beer bacon
07-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Yeap, Harry won't let this whole Priest thing knock him off his normal routine.

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:38 PM
SUPER BOWL 2008!!!

PRINT 'EM

beer bacon
If Priest plays, what do you think his stats will be?

I say 70 carries: 270 yards, 40 receptions, 340 yards, and 11 TDs. I am assuming that Priest seriously wants to play again, and also that he does not get broken in half this season.

Archie Bunker
Amazing :clap:

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:39 PM
When the hell is the annual "adopt a chiefs" thread going to be made

FAX
Fear not, Mr. Sully. Priest has returned to save our season. The 2 years off have probably done his legs a lot of good.

I'm thinking of building a giant, stone, Priest head to set in front of my house and I encourage you to do the same.

FAX

Redrum_69
If Priest plays, what do you think his stats will be?

I say 70 carries: 270 yards, 40 receptions, 340 yards, and 11 TDs. I am assuming that Priest seriously wants to play again, and also that he does not get broken in half this season.

Priest will have MINIMUM 1000 yards

Crashride
07-25-2007, 02:40 PM
print em

King_Chief_Fan
07-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Freaking AWESOME.

Two headed monster is back baby.

Awsome is right..... Now, is the Oline good enough for these monsters in the backfield?

What a frightening look on that pos dline of Bronco's with those linebackers and safetys trying to figure out what to do.

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Priest has been training with Chuck Norris

OH SHIT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest_Holmes

Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson said that medical tests on Holmes have been encouraging and Holmes hopes to return for the 2007 season.[3] On July 25, 2007, the day before the Chiefs were scheduled to leave for training camp, Priest Holmes asked the Chiefs if he could attend camp. Larry Johnson was in the middle of contract talks, leaving the possibilty of a holdout. Holmes could act as leverage to re-sign Johnson or even reclaim the starting position for himself if Johnson decides to sit out.[4]

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Holmes is an active member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes

Sully
Fear not, Mr. Sully. Priest has returned to save our season. The 2 years off have probably done his legs a lot of good.

I'm thinking of building a giant, stone, Priest head to set in front of my house and I encourage you to do the same.

FAX
Our house is on the market, and though if a passionate Chiefs fan were to see that, and buy immediately, a statue like that would seriously whittle down the pool of potential buyers!

Redrum_69
Holmes IS NOT a Jehovahs Witness....

KC Kings
07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
This is breaking news how?

WI reported this last Thursday.

KCChiefsMan
07-25-2007, 02:44 PM
there's nothing bad about that news! kffl is reporting too

Chiefs | Holmes intends to report to training camp
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:35:07 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced that RB Priest Holmes (head, neck) has informed the team that he intends to report to training camp. Holmes has passed a physical and has been cleared to begin activities with the club. Chiefs' president Carl Peterson said Holmes may be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list initially to gauge his football conditioning and see how he feels after non-contract drills.

seclark
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM

which is why no one paid attention.
sec

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Maybe ROAF and SHIELDS will come back!111

dirk digler
07-25-2007, 02:47 PM
WOOHOO!! Welcome back Priest.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-25-2007, 02:47 PM

Only because it is CONFIRMED not being speculated.

cdcox
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
there's nothing bad about that news! kffl is reporting too

Chiefs | Holmes intends to report to training camp
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:35:07 -0700

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced that RB Priest Holmes (head, neck) has informed the team that he intends to report to training camp. Holmes has passed a physical and has been cleared to begin activities with the club. Chiefs' president Carl Peterson said Holmes may be placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list initially to gauge his football conditioning and see how he feels after non-contract drills.

So Carl avoids the let's-see-what-Priest-can-do-on-the-field gambit before LJ and his agent can even play it. Shrewd, very shrewd. Carl is in fine form today.

Donger
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs have announced that RB Priest Holmes (head, neck) has informed the team that he intends to report to training camp.

Darn. I was all excited, but I'm concerned that only his head and neck will be reporting.

bogie
07-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Is is going to be fun on so many levels.

JBucc
Could someone refresh my memory on Priest's injury history....In 02 he hurt his hip and missed the last two weeks. Next year he played all 16 games, set the TD record. In 04 he only played 8 games and I can't remember why. I remember Blaylock and then LJ each started games but I can't remember what happened to Priest.

FAX
Darn. I was all excited, but I'm concerned that only his head and neck will be reporting.

Those parts report to Easter Island. The rest report to River Falls.

FAX

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Could someone refresh my memory on Priest's injury history....In 02 he hurt his hip and missed the last two weeks. Next year he played all 16 games, set the TD record. In 04 he only played 8 games and I can't remember why. I remember Blaylock and then LJ each started four games but I can't remember what happened to Priest.

neck injury, due to listening to hiphop/rap during a game...

Donger
07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Those parts report to Easter Island. The rest report to River Falls.

FAX

Well, perhaps Carl can work out a trade with the bunnies.

Hydrae
07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Now that's a bit much...

Cszonka, Kick (hell don't forget Morris)
I forget the dudes in Oakland (King and someone else) and Cleveland (Marty got 2 - 1,000 yard rushers).

We still have to see if our coaches can make it work

Has there ever been a backfield with 3 Pro Bowlers?

FAX
07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Could someone refresh my memory on Priest's injury history....In 02 he hurt his hip and missed the last two weeks. Next year he played all 16 games, set the TD record. In 04 he only played 8 games and I can't remember why. I remember Blaylock and then LJ each started four games but I can't remember what happened to Priest.

He's had two hip injuries, a broken neck, smashed head, toe separation, multiple leg breaks and a ouchie on his thumb, Mr. JBucc.

And that was in the one game where he scored four touchdowns.

FAX

|Zach|
07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
There are so many weird angles to this. Kind of throwing a wrench in the whole team. But at the very worst we are left at the situation before this announcment. Which is not a bad one even though some disagree.

- The big winner in this without a doubt will be the ratings for HBO's "Hard Knocks" show.

- Holmes is really so old and so injury prone. I am excited to think about him going again out there but it seems so unlikely he could put it together.

- In what universe would LJ be able to play nice with Holmes back there.

- A healthy and signed LJ and Holmes has the potential to be an amazing threat. If used correctly with each player being ok with their role.

- If this pans out I can't think of a better situation to let a young QB grown in this league. It could really be great for Croyle.

I really can't decide if I think this will work or not. It is nuts.

htismaqe
07-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Could someone refresh my memory on Priest's injury history....In 02 he hurt his hip and missed the last two weeks. Next year he played all 16 games, set the TD record. In 04 he only played 8 games and I can't remember why. I remember Blaylock and then LJ each started games but I can't remember what happened to Priest.

02 hip
04 knee
05 neck

Hydrae
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Maybe ROAF and SHIELDS will come back!111

Did Roaf ever get around to filing officially for retirement? :hmmm:

CoMoChief
07-25-2007, 02:57 PM

'02 - Hip injury against DEN, missed last few weeks, later in offseason he wanted to get paid more after he was all healed. Drafted LJ as insurance policy.

'03 - Sets what was then the TD record. LJ sits on bench with the exception of garbage time. Lose to Colts after he fumbles the damn rock that should have been a KC TD. Let alone the TonyG BS pi call and NOT ALLOWING THE COLTS TO PUNT THE ENTIRE GAME. '04 looks promising.

'04 - Hurt his knee IIRC. LJ got his chance to see what he could do. Played well which lead to 2005.

'05 - Wanted to split carries with LJ and Priest to take load off of Holmes. I still remember that first drive against the Jets where it was Priest for a 30yd gain and then LJ with one as well with a TD score. I thought that was gonna be the starting of something really really great. That was the best rushing scoring drive I've seen in KC. Then against SD Merriman knocks the shit out of Priest leaving him injured to this day.

el borracho
Hmm...this is going to surprise certain people.
I'll admit, it surprises me. This could be interesting with 4 legit RBs (Johnson, Holmes, Bennet, Smith).

Smith to FB?
Smith to the practice squad?
Trade one of the top 3?

C-Mac

I believe Whitlock is on record saying he would neber return also.

FAX
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
For some reason, I thought I remembered that Priest had 2 hip injuries ... possibly with the Ravens?

FAX

el borracho
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I'll admit, it surprises me. This could be interesting with 4 legit RBs (Johnson, Holmes, Bennet, Smith).
By the way, how upset must Marty be to see Carl finally stockpile legit RBs?

C-Mac
07-25-2007, 02:59 PM
I bet the execs at HBO and NFL Films are peeing all over themselves at this latest development.
No doubt!

trndobrd
07-25-2007, 02:59 PM
There are so many weird angles to this. Kind of throwing a wrench in the whole team. But at the very worst we are left at the situation before this announcment. Which is not a bad one even though some disagree.

- The big winner in this without a doubt will be the ratings for HBO's "Hard Knocks" show.

- Holmes is really so old and so injury prone. I am excited to think about him going again out there but it seems so unlikely he could put it together.

- In what universe would LJ be able to play nice with Holmes back there.

- A healthy and signed LJ and Holmes has the potential to be an amazing threat. If used correctly with each player being ok with their role.

- If this pans out I can't think of a better situation to let a young QB grown in this league. It could really be great for Croyle.

I really can't decide if I think this will work or not. It is nuts.

I seem to recall a statement by PH that if he came back he knew it would be as a role player, not a starter, and that he was fine with that.

LJ has been pretty adamant that he does not want as many carries as he had last year. If PH could come in for 2-3 carries and 4-5 catches a game, I think everyone would benefit.

Hydrae
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM
For some reason, I thought I remembered that Priest had 2 hip injuries ... possibly with the Ravens?

FAX

I am pretty sure it was his knee in college. That opened the door for Ricky Williams at UT.

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 03:00 PM
02 hip
04 knee
05 neck

In my opinion, two out of three of those were illegal plays by the opposing defense.
1)The "horse collar tackle" is now illegal, it wasn't in '02 when he sustained his hip injury from it.
2)I honestly don't remember the knee injury.
3) Merriman clearly speared him when he received the neck injury.

My reason for stating this: He has had injuries, but I can't call him injury prone.

htismaqe
07-25-2007, 03:02 PM
In my opinion, two out of three of those were illegal plays by the opposing defense.
1)The "horse collar tackle" is now illegal, it wasn't in '02 when he sustained his hip injury from it.
2)I honestly don't remember the knee injury.
3) Merriman clearly speared him when he received the neck injury.

My reason for stating this: He has had injuries, but I can't call him injury prone.

The knee injury happened against Carolina. I was there at that game and remember it distinctly. He took a direct hit to the kneecap and his knee hyperextended.

FAX
I am pretty sure it was his knee in college. That opened the door for Ricky Williams at UT.

Thanks, Mr. Hydrae. Maybe that's what I'm thinking of.

FAX

dirk digler
I can't wait until training camp starts to see how Priest is. Luckily it is only a couple of days away.

Are there any planeteers heading up to River Falls at the start of training camp to give us any reports?

OnTheWarpath15
07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
While this is good news, I'm not going to get too giddy before He actually makes it through camp and PS healthy, and is suited up on September 9th at Reliant Stadium.

His potential return does make things a bit more interesting.

Assuming he makes it to the regular season:

Does this get LJ to camp a little quicker?

Does having LJ, Bennett AND Holmes mean Kolby Smith could be playing FB? See ya, Boomer.

The return of the screen pass, PH style.

I hope he's in uniform PLAYING on 9/9, but I'm not holding my breath. Let's get though camp first........

Redrum_69
07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I can see it now

.first game of the season...not only does LJ tear his ACL...Holmes gets Antrel Rolle'd and breaks his neck..

Two possible trades that the Chiefs didnt trade for future picks...

Chiefs go 0-16 in 2007

and the next four seasons they accumulate 7 wins

Herm retires a loser..and peterson is booed out of KC...and the Chiefs get moved to North Dakota...

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
The knee injury happened against Carolina. I was there at that game and remember it distinctly. He took a direct hit to the kneecap and his knee hyperextended.

Sickening, the fog is clearing a little now. The other two injuries are still vivid in my mind.
That horse collar from the Bronco's was horrible, he was helpless, something had to give.
I think the spear by Merriman was worse than the hit Gaethers put on Trent. They just don't protect RBs.
I remember shortly before that happened, he was being interviewed and stated: "they are trying to hurt me"

FAX
07-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Fiddlepoop.

By the gods, if Hermione gives Priest a full shot at camp, he'll beat out LJ for the start. I shall not give up on my little dream.

FAX

FAX
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I think the spear by Merriman was worse than the hit Gaethers put on Trent. They just don't protect RBs. I remember shortly before that happened, he was being interviewed and stated: "they are trying to hurt me"

I seem to recall T-Rich relating somewhere that Holmes came to on the sideline saying, "I'm okay. I can go back in."

FAX

ROYC75
07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
OK, somebody fill in the blanks answers I have here ...........

1). If Priest goes to camp, but see's he can't do it, retires, where does this leave his salary and cap hit ?

2) . Is this a power play by Carl and Priest to get LJ back in camp quicker ? Then LJ signs and Priest later claims he has the same injury or new one and goes back on IR ? Cap stays the same and PH draws another paycheck.

the Talking Can
07-25-2007, 03:16 PM
I am speechless.

Never ever thought he'd come back.

LJ is going to be pissed, I bet.

What a mysterious mofo...he disappears without explanation, and now re-appears without warning.

Wonder what the players think? He hasn't exactly been part of the team for a while.

wow...need time to process

Thig Lyfe
07-25-2007, 03:19 PM
all you priest doubters will be sorry. Because priest is one man you cant doubt. He has beat his doubters every time and i think he will again this year and be the NFL comeback player of the year.

This isn't outside the realm of possibility, especially if LJ holds out or gets traded.

OnTheWarpath15
07-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I am speechless.

Never ever thought he'd come back.

LJ is going to be pissed, I bet.

What a mysterious mofo...he disappears without explanation, and now re-appears without warning.

Wonder what the players think? He hasn't exactly been part of the team for a while.

wow...need time to process

I wouldn't expect it to be too much of an issue, considering the turnover the past 2 years. Not much of the old guard around.....

DMAC
07-25-2007, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't expect it to me too much of an issue, considering the turnover the past 2 years. Not much of the old guard around.....
Agree, all the players he "abandoned" are pretty much gone.

BigRock
07-25-2007, 03:21 PM
I seem to recall T-Rich relating somewhere that Holmes came to on the sideline saying, "I'm okay. I can go back in."
That was in the column JoPo wrote on Priest a few months ago, which, considering recent events, deserves to be bumped back up to the top.

But when Priest said that to T-Rich, it was like a half hour after he'd been taken out and Priest didn't realize it. So he was pretty messed up.

ROYC75
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm not convinced he is coming back to play....... folks we are talking about a spinal injury in the neck.....

The freaking neck .......

(ROYC75 is taking a wait and see approach.)

dirk digler
07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
OK, somebody fill in the blanks answers I have here ...........

1). If Priest goes to camp, but see's he can't do it, retires, where does this leave his salary and cap hit ?

2) . Is this a power play by Carl and Priest to get LJ back in camp quicker ? Then LJ signs and Priest later claims he has the same injury or new one and goes back on IR ? Cap stays the same and PH draws another paycheck.

Playing devil's advocate here but this could all be a ploy by Priest to keep his signing bonus. If he is medically cleared, goes to camp, dogs it and gets cut he keeps his signing bonus. If had retired he would have to pay a large portion of it back.

DMAC
07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
So is the teampriest website going to come back?

Or did it never go away and the site just changed?

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-25-2007, 03:25 PM
I saw this on Yahoo!, it might be relevant:

"Peterson said the 33-year-old Holmes might be placed on the physically unable to perform list initially to gauge his conditioning and to see how he feels after noncontact drills."

And Priest hurt his knee against Tampa, not Carolina. Carolina was the 2nd game of the year. Tampa was on the road and marked the first time LJ had gotten any real game action. At the time he got hurtin '04, Priest was on pace to break his own TD record from '03.

Stewie
07-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Soap Opera 101, but I'm glad Priest is back. I seriously doubt Priest being in camp will have an affect on LJ's contract negotiations. LJ is long-term while Priest is an interesting story if he can actually play in any games.

DMAC
07-25-2007, 03:27 PM
"Peterson said the 33-year-old Holmes might be placed on the physically unable to perform list initially to gauge his conditioning and to see how he feels after noncontact drills."

Carl already was quoted as saying he will be placed on it.

the Talking Can
07-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Nacho stocks are booming on the news of Priest's return.

htismaqe
07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
I saw this on Yahoo!, it might be relevant:

And Priest hurt his knee against Tampa, not Carolina. Carolina was the 2nd game of the year. Tampa was on the road and marked the first time LJ had gotten any real game action. At the time he got hurtin '04, Priest was on pace to break his own TD record from '03.

The initial injury was during the Carolina game. I watched it with my own two eyes. I remember him limping to the sideline and he wasn't ever the same after that.

To add insult to injury, offensive juggernaut RB Priest Holmes suffered an ankle injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/preview/2004/week03.html

Hydrae
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
So is the teampriest website going to come back?

Or did it never go away and the site just changed?

I tried it a little while ago and it is just a portal with ads now.

ROYC75
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Carl knows how to increase ticket sales ...........

Thig Lyfe
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Nacho stocks are booming on the news of Priest's return.

http://thefunnyside.net/uploaded_images/floor-766150.jpg

Hydrae
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
If he has any success in the next year or two it could well put him into the HOF. Right now I doubt he would make it.

sedated
07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Playing devil's advocate here but this could all be a ploy by Priest to keep his signing bonus. If he is medically cleared, goes to camp, dogs it and gets cut he keeps his signing bonus. If had retired he would have to pay a large portion of it back.

couldn't they just keep him on PUP instead of releasing him?

tk13
07-25-2007, 03:38 PM
The initial injury was during the Carolina game. I watched it with my own two eyes. I remember him limping to the sideline and he wasn't ever the same after that.

To add insult to injury, offensive juggernaut RB Priest Holmes suffered an ankle injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/preview/2004/week03.html
I still think that following week was maybe his greatest performance. According to Teicher he was walking on crutches all week, everybody thought there was no way he'd play, he could barely walk. Then he showed up and played on Sunday, and not only played, carried the team, and then almost ran down Marcus Coleman on that 99 yard INT return. Of course we turned around and the defense choked it away at the end, but for my money that's still probably the gutsiest performance by a Chief in recent memory. If we had 53 guys with that kind of heart we'd be in the playoffs every year.

unothadeal
07-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Doesn't that take up a roster spot?

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM

FAX

I either forgot that, or never knew it to start with. I just remember the hit, and immediatley thought about what Priest had said in the interview.
He was being questioned about how many TDs and Yards he was going to compile for the season etc. He basically said, who knows? They are trying to hurt me.
I contend, Merriman was trying to injur, not tackle. I have hated that SOB since then.

RustShack
07-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Carl said he was going to put Priest on the PUP, but Priest didn't want that, so Carl and Herm are just going to keep an eye on Priest during camp to see how its going.

dirk digler
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM

They could but he still gets to keep his signing bonus.

FAX
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
... I contend, Merriman was trying to injur, not tackle. I have hated that SOB since then.

I agree, Mr. HemiEd. You know, we've taken some nasty shots over the past several years from some very bad actors and, apparently, that's okay with the league. It increases my paranoia.

FAX

StcChief
07-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Priest will hopefully be in shape and ready.
Really would hate to see him fail in comeback in TC.
but if it happens hopefully Bennett will be the camp casuality

Calcountry
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I don't care if he's a regular contributor, I just want to see him near the goal line and in short yardage situations. He was a master. Of course, our OLine looks very different now, but he had a knack for scoring TDs that I hope he can recapture.That is because he is patient, and knows how to "set" the blocks in front of him, then burst(lol) through the hole WHEN it is there.

trndobrd
07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I either forgot that, or never knew it to start with. I just remember the hit, and immediatley thought about what Priest had said in the interview.
He was being questioned about how many TDs and Yards he was going to compile for the season etc. He basically said, who knows? They are trying to hurt me.
I contend, Merriman was trying to injur, not tackle. I have hated that SOB since then.

I'm waiting for Priest to announce that he is only going to play in two games, he won't be carrying the ball, is looking forward to blocking linebackers downfield and has plenty of money to pay off any fines from the league office.

Calcountry
07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Carl and Priest cut a deal, i.e., I will give you 20 % of everything I can shave out of LJ's asking price.

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Carl and Priest cut a deal, i.e., I will give you 20 % of everything I can shave out of LJ's asking price.

ROFL ROFL That is so far wrong it is hilarious.

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I agree, Mr. HemiEd. You know, we've taken some nasty shots over the past several years from some very bad actors and, apparently, that's okay with the league. It increases my paranoia.

FAX

Eventually, every dog has it's day. Our time is coming!

If only I live long enough.

FAX
07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I just realized how insidiously conniving bunny traders can be.

FAX

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I just realized how insidiously conniving bunny traders can be.

FAX

Them aren't rabbit turds, those are food pellets! :)

PastorMikH
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
LJ as the Premier back and Priest in the Marcus Allen role could be an awesome combo. Put both in the backfield and Croyle wouldn't have to throw the ball. Herm should like that plan!

BTW, I am hoping this isn't just some pre-season news hype and we actually get to see #31 back in there again.

sportsman1
07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Freaking awesome! I have a jersey that is relevent again. Priest can only help, not hurt.

Felch83
07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
YES! Welcome back Priest!

kc rush
07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I haven't read through all 11 previous pages, so this may have been posted before.

I'm feeling a bit cynical today and wonder if Priest isn't coming back because of the HBO coverage.

I know that Priest has evaded the media in the past, but he is clearly a business man and the extra attention may help him with whatever he is promoting these days.

Thoughts?

BTW, if he can still play, he will make one hell of a 3rd down back.

HemiEd
07-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I haven't read through all 11 previous pages, so this may have been posted before.

I'm feeling a bit cynical today and wonder if Priest isn't coming back because of the HBO coverage.

I know that Priest has evaded the media in the past, but he is clearly a business man and the extra attention may help him with whatever he is promoting these days.

Thoughts?

BTW, if he can still play, he will make one hell of a 3rd down back.

If you change your posts per page to 80, you will only have 3 pages to read. ;)

TrickyNicky
07-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I can see it now

.first game of the season...not only does LJ tear his ACL...Holmes gets Antrel Rolle'd and breaks his neck..

Two possible trades that the Chiefs didnt trade for future picks...

Chiefs go 0-16 in 2007

and the next four seasons they accumulate 7 wins

Herm retires a loser..and peterson is booed out of KC...and the Chiefs get moved to North Dakota...But man! Think of how many number one draft picks we'll have! We'll be unstoppable on paper!

FringeNC
So...the question is now will/should we trade LJ?

boogblaster
Damn good news for all....Good Luck Priest.......

ROYC75
07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
But man! Think of how many number one draft picks we'll have! We'll be unstoppable on paper!

Nope, paper sissors and paper shredders are our worst nightmares....... :harumph:

DMAC
07-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Jason's back may go out a few times this year.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/9886C5EAC311419D879939AF3E2195D7.JPG?0.798565081965289 http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/12/23/PH2006122301049.jpg

Direckshun
07-25-2007, 04:21 PM
So...the question is now will/should we trade LJ?
Priest doesn't really change the equation, if you ask me.

Priest will be over 30, coming off 2 years rest from a dehabilitating neck injury.

I'll be surprised if he beats out Kolby Smith for #3 RB.

CoMoChief
07-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Johnson
Holmes
Bennett
Smith

Folks, that is one deadly RB depth chart.

CoMoChief
07-25-2007, 04:22 PM

Priest will be over 30, coming off 2 years rest from a dehabilitating neck injury.

Oh bullshit, if you think Priest can't beat out a rookie you're crazy.

Priest sets his mind to something shit gets done. He will be the #2 RB IMO.

Hammock Parties
07-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Someone at Sirius must have read Warpaint Illustrated last night...

FAX
07-25-2007, 04:29 PM

Jeez, Mr. Direckshun. If I were a bee, my buzz would be dead.

Yet, since you are a poster whose reputation is without peer or tarnish, I say this with all respect; Perhaps it would be best to view this from a more positive angle.

Priest Holmes is the greatest running back to ever wear the red and gold for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is a record-setting, pass catching, screen running, backdoor-cutting, pass-protecting, outside-slashing, phenom who has rested his legs for 2 years and wants to prove himself on the field once again as he has done time after time, against all odds, and in spite of what the pundits have said about him.

Give the guy a chance.

FAX

Direckshun
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't get why people are under the assumption that Priest and LJ can't get along.

The KC Star's Joe Posanski, in the last major article he wrote about Priest, interviewed the man himself. Priest had discussed how he would love to be the 3rd down and goal line guy and give LJ a rest so he wouldn't have to carry the ball 400 times.

That was a direct quote. Somebody smarter than me needs to link the article.

We all know LJ wants the ball, but he doesn't want it 400+ times and he definitely doesn't want to break the carries record again. If Priest had game, there's no reason LJ would be opposed to Priest filling in for him occasionally to keep the offense moving so, in effect, LJ could get more action. It's not brain surgery.

The only potential conflict I could see is the red zone. A healthy Priest was a red zone force the league had never seen before. If Priest has any value to this team, it's in the red. But LJ's a scoring force himself, and it's possible that quibbling over who gets the carries inside the 20 takes place.

But this is LJ's team. Even with Priest, he's still literally the most valuable player in the NFL. Priest likely won't even be able to beat out Bennett for #2, so I doubt we'd see Priest get more than 50 carries on the season, if he makes the team at all.

OnTheWarpath15
07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Someone at Sirius must have read Warpaint Illustrated last night...

Or listened to 610.

Considering that's where WPI got it from. Hell, I could have scooped it if I had been listening or known someone at 610.

At least he gave the proper credit and didn't try to pawn it off as his own.....

It appears we might not have seen the last of Priest Holmes in Kansas City.

According to a report from 610 Sports in Kansas City, Holmes is planning a comeback.

Direckshun
07-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Perhaps it would be best to view this from a more positive angle.

Priest Holmes is the greatest running back to ever wear the red and gold for the Kansas City Chiefs. He is a record-setting, pass catching, screen running, backdoor-cutting, pass-protecting, outside-slashing, phenom who has rested his legs for 2 years and wants to prove himself on the field once again as he has done time after time, against all odds, and in spite of what the pundits have said about him.

Give the guy a chance.
That's a fair POV.

DenverChief
07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Nice screw all you PH haters!!!

primetime444
07-25-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about Priest return...

Hammock Parties
07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I suppose one positive out of this is that I might be able to make another kickass Priest Holmes highlight video.

"THE RETURN"

OnTheWarpath15
07-25-2007, 05:03 PM
I suppose one positive out of this is that I might be able to make another kickass Priest Holmes highlight video.

"THE RETURN"

That would be cool.

Bugeater
07-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I'll believe it when I see him shedding tackles and hauling the rock.
Ditto that.

the Talking Can
07-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Yet, since you are a poster whose reputation is without peer or tarnish, I say this with all respect; Perhaps it would be best to view this from a more positive angle.

Give the guy a chance.

FAX

FAX IS PASSIONATE

Thig Lyfe
07-25-2007, 06:27 PM
FAX IS PASSIONATE

I think you mean FAX THE PASSIONATE

rad
07-25-2007, 06:56 PM
But man! Think of how many number one draft picks we'll have! We'll be unstoppable on paper!

Unless we hire Matt Millen and draft 4 WR's #1 for 4 straight years....

LOCOChief
07-25-2007, 07:11 PM
A motivated PH, this changes everything.

tommykat
07-25-2007, 07:15 PM
ROFLCan't tell you my source but I knew about this about a week ago.....just couldn't say anything.....LJ will start, but may just have to prove himself again.....;)

TinyEvel
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
This is the best comeback thread since my Evel Knievel board (yes, there is one, and it makes every poster on this board look like they have a 180 I.Q.) was all lit up over Evel announcing he was going to jump 50 cars at the Grand opening of his Evel Cafe in 2005 (when he was 66 years old)

He later backed out citing "Health issues"

GOOD LUCK PRIEST!

This is going to get VERY interesting.

I wonder if Carl asked him back to grind LJ down in $$$.

This could be the sports soap opera story of the year.

Skip Towne
07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
ROFLCan't tell you my source but I knew about this about a week ago.....just couldn't say anything.....LJ will start, but may just have to prove himself again.....;)
I knew about it 2 weeks ago.

Easy 6
07-25-2007, 07:28 PM

Give the guy a chance.

FAX

Absolutely.

If he is dead serious about a return, it would be very unwise to bet against him.

A possible backfield of LJ, Priest & Bennett???...thats the stuff dreams are made of.

tmax63
07-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Priest has had 2 years off to get healthy. He's played long enough to know what kind of shape he needs to be in and I really expect him to show up ready to go. It'll take a while to get the football legs back but he is showing up at the beginning of TC to do that. That tells me he wants to do this for real and not just putting on a show for his or Carl's sake otherwise he wouldn't put himself through that kind of abuse.

Buehler445
07-25-2007, 08:45 PM
WOW! I gave him a -5% chance of coming back. I lose. Either way, I hope this works out. Priest is neat, and LJ needs a break. I'm anxious to see what this does to the following scenarios:

1. LJ's contract negotion
2. The depth chart
3. Kolby Smith's development
4. Bennett (If PH can back up LJ, do we need Bennett? He is made of glass anyway)
5.The effect on the playcalling

Either way, this is a total surprise to me. I wonder what is going on.

Thig Lyfe
07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Nuthooks!

loochy
07-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Nuthooks!

Breaking news: KC develops nacho shortage

Sofa King
07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Nuthooks!

Reported.

The Franchise
07-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Bumping threads at this time should result in being banned.

gblowfish
07-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, this is bush league and a waste of time. Not making this board mo bettah....

ModSocks
07-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I miss Fax.

Sofa King
07-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Bumping threads at this time should result in being banned.

I agree.

Dumb shit like this will start a craze of people bumping old shit.

RockChalk
07-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Kudos to Priest for wanting to be a Chief for practically his whole career. I'm glad and proud of what he's done and am happy to have him locked up (at least til he starts to suck).

loochy
07-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Kudos to Priest for wanting to be a Chief for practically his whole career. I'm glad and proud of what he's done and am happy to have him locked up (at least til he starts to suck).

LMAO Rep

Now you have to post about how you were really joking and that you weren't serious.

tooge
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Ban Hammer!!!!!! I just waisted three minutes of my life looking at this thread to see why some dumbass would bump it. Ban him.

RockChalk
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Now you have to post about how you were really joking and that you weren't serious.

Wait? You mean Priest isn't really coming back?

In that case, I was joking and am not serious.

I do feel bad for that guy's post yesterday. I once wrote out a thoughtful response to someone's problem/question on here. Right before posting it, I just happened to read through his post again and realized that it was from 2004.

keg in kc
07-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Whether it seems 'real' or not, this shit's bannable. Have a nice vacation.

RockChalk
07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Whether it seems 'real' or not, this shit's bannable. Have a nice vacation.

Agreed. The same fate should be had for the guy who posted the Waters article yesterday.