07-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Just heard on 810

PBJ :toast: PBJ :toast: PBJ

FU Elarton!
I posted it in the Reggie thread, but this is worth an actual thread,

Buddy is crying somewhere...

Stewie
07-25-2007, 03:27 PM
So, does that make Soria or Greinke our 5th starter?

sedated
07-25-2007, 03:28 PM

neither.

hopefully we'll get someone back from DL.

or we can pull Nunez back up

Fish
07-25-2007, 03:28 PM

No info on how they're going to shuffle the lineup...

I'm hoping they give Nunez a chance.....

Stewie
07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
neither.

hopefully we'll get someone back from DL.

or we can pull Nunez back up

Who on the DL is worth waiting for? Duckworth?

SPchief
07-25-2007, 03:31 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

I was at the game last night and he was getting booed the whole time.

Brianfo
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Just heard on 810

PBJ :toast: PBJ :toast: PBJ

FU Elarton!

The guy pitched well for the Royals at times. Show him a little respect. All indication that I have heard about the guy is that he is a class act.

Demonpenz
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ

I was at the game last night and he was getting booed the whole time.

people rode him the entire inning and a third he was in.

Fish
07-25-2007, 03:37 PM
The guy pitched well for the Royals at times. Show him a little respect. All indication that I have heard about the guy is that he is a class act.

He may be a class act, but he can't pitch for shit. Honestly, I'm more angry at management for starting him after seeing him flounder in AAA. He may be a nice guy, but he's not a starting pitcher at the pro level.

F his involvement with the Royals? How's that?

Sure-Oz
07-25-2007, 03:37 PM
So is mike sweeney but no one cares, elly mae sucked up alot of money and didn't do jack here. He's a gamer though!!! He just sucks.

I wish him well with his millions.

Eleazar
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Hope he can get healthy and put it together someplace else.

Seems like we're still working the process from last year of filing through all our pitchers, evaluating them and then shipping them out if Dayton thinks we need to. Last year Hernandez, Affeldt, MacDougal, this year Nunez, Elarton, whoever else.

Pretty clear that he's still sifting the scrap from the Baird regime for usable parts. I like the way he's run the team so far.

sedated

Thomson

anyone know what Hudson's status is? done for the year?

Sure-Oz
This move may explain why Buckner was taken out after 1 ip last night...

Brianfo
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
He may be a class act, but he can't pitch for shit. Honestly, I'm more angry at management for starting him after seeing him flounder in AAA. He may be a nice guy, but he's not a starting pitcher at the pro level.

F his involvement with the Royals? How's that?

Go jump on the Yankees or Red Sox bandwagon. Your and idiot.

Stewie
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Thomson

I thought Hudson was on 60-day DL. That's normally not a good sign.

chiefsfan987
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Thomson

Hudson had to have shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff. He's out for the year.

I noticed looking at his injury history that he's already had surgery once for this same thing and he's had continuous problems with it since he entered the league.

CoMoChief
07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
If only Grienke could get his shit together, he could be something special. He's doing well in the pen though.

Eleazar
07-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Soria won't make the transition to starter this year.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-25-2007, 04:00 PM

when were these "times" you speak of?

leviw
07-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I respect Buddy Bell, and I respect loyalty. I really don't have a problem with him pitching Elarton last night, as long as both parties knew it was an outing for Elarton's job. If it was September and the Royals were four games out in the Central, I would have been pissed...but as for last night, I'm OK with Buddy giving a "friend?" one last shot.

FWIW, I went to the game knowing it was probably going to be out of reach after three innings. Had fun anyway. Awesome to see the 'K filled up on a week night.

Sure-Oz
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
when were these "times" you speak of?
Like the times that juan gone did well for us i assume. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
we let him screw us one last time for the road????

Don't let the door hit ya .......

shakesthecat
07-25-2007, 04:57 PM
we let him screw us one last time for the road????

Don't let the door hit ya .......

No shiite!
It's not like poor Scotty was a HS or college kid. If he wants my respect, than go out an earn it. He'll make more money this year than most of us will make in a lifetime, and for what? A 10.00 era?

He should have never been called up in the first place.
Especially with the Yanks and an expected full house. That sends the wrong message to the fans.

I'm a big fan of Moore, but that move reeked of Baird.

Demonpenz
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
the only good thing is we didn't bring up one of our 19 year olds to get bombed it was just one game, but it is rightly reguarded as elerton-gate

shakesthecat
07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
the only good thing is we didn't bring up one of our 19 year olds to get bombed it was just one game, but it is rightly reguarded as elerton-gate

I agree, but Matt Wright isn't 19, and was a lot more deserving of a call up and Elly.

VonneMarie
07-25-2007, 08:55 PM
HTF did I miss this? He's gone????

HELLZ YEAH! PBJ PBJ PBJ

Fish
07-26-2007, 10:43 AM

I'm and idiot? Because I don't want F'ing Elarton and his 10+ ERA on the team? Sure bub... Just as soon as they start awarding strikes for being a nice guy.

And why the **** would I jump on a Yankees or Red Sox bandwagon? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I'm sorry you're 3 inches up Elarton's ass, but he's a losing pitcher who has given up 18 runs in his last 5.4 innings pitched. 18 runs in his last 5.4 innings pitched. And you're butthurt cause I want better pitching for the Royals...

Laughable.

You can piss off...

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
But who's gonna blow games for us like GoChiefs writting a new LJ article now?

Oh wait... we still have Odalis Perez... never mind.

Sure-Oz
07-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Who the hell are you and nice guy's finish last, elarton had no business sucking up 4 mill on this roster or anyone's. He is the juan gone of our pitching staff. He didn't do shit here, a 5.xx era is no good, he could'nt even give us his career era at best. Good riddance, i think him and his millions will be fine. Elarton would've been gone way before this on any other franchise roster.

ChiefsCountry
07-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Speaking of the Royals, they are going to clear off a ton of money off the books this fall. Sweeney, Perez, Dotel, Sanders, maybe Gruz and Emil Brown. Thats about 36 million off the books and not really hurting the team at all. Looks like we will have some cash in the free agent market again.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Speaking of the Royals, they are going to clear off a ton of money off the books this fall. Sweeney, Perez, Dotel, Sanders, maybe Gruz and Emil Brown. Thats about 36 million off the books and not really hurting the team at all. Looks like we will have some cash in the free agent market again.
Sweet. I'll take Pujols and some pitching.

Lancetastic
07-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Teahen, Buck, Greinke and Gobble are going to be more expensive as they reach their arbitration years so that must be taken into account when viewing all the money one perceives to be available. Also, Meche did not make $11 million this year, it was only $7 million. His contract is pretty heavily backloaded.

The Royals will have more money from revenue sharing, but so will every other team meaning their impact in free agency will be proportionate.

kcfanXIII
07-26-2007, 12:43 PM

duckworth aint worth a duck.

gblowfish
07-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Hey....

Isn't that Oscar the Death Cat?

He's watching Elarton warm up.....

Now I get it.

Coach
07-26-2007, 03:58 PM

You're on crack if you think Elarton pitched well for the Royals.

2005 4.61 ERA with a 1.30 WHIP
2006 5.34 ERA with a 1.47 WHIP
2007 10.46 ERA with a 2.00 WHIP

He hasn't earned my respect in terms of him being a "good" ballplayer. I don't have a problem if the guy is a class act. However his production hasn't warranted anything.