PDA

View Full Version : Patriots | Meriweather signed (Picked Right after Bowe)

Bill Lundberg
07-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Patriots | Meriweather signed
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:59:20 -0700

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have signed first-round draft choice FS Brandon Meriweather to a five-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

He was picked right after Bowe. This should make things easier. Look at the difference between #24 this year and #24 last year, take that number adjust it and add it to #23 last year and get Bowe to camp.

sedated
07-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Having Quinn right ahead will hurt. He wants top 5 money

penguinz
07-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Having Quinn right ahead will hurt. He wants top 5 moneyWill not hurt because he won't get it.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Having Quinn right ahead will hurt. He wants top 5 money

I know he(Quinn) thinks he is worth top 5 money but he wasn't picked in the top 5. I am sure everyone drafted thinks they're worth number one money. I never understood this unless you were picked 2nd and could've gone 1st then you have a little bargaining chip but to drop to 22nd. Not even close to 5.

the Talking Can
07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Will not hurt because he won't get it.

yup, he can hold out till the cows come home...Carl ain't budging from the slotting....

hopefully Bowe has some common ****ing sense...I'd hate see his rookie season wasted because of his agent...

Bill Lundberg
07-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Cleveland just gave the farm to Joe Thomas, they can't give Quinn what he wants. He will end up having to settle for the slot money and have it written in the contract that if he hits certain escalators his current contract can be voided.

CHIEF4EVER
07-27-2007, 05:04 PM
yup, he can hold out till the cows come home...Carl ain't budging from the slotting....

hopefully Bowe has some common ****ing sense...I'd hate see his rookie season wasted because of his agent...

Exactly. Bowe isn't in a position to push too hard anyway at #23. I think he gets signed within the week.

Micjones
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
He should be in before the end of next week.

Aaron Ross was taken 20th, I believe, and he signed today himself.

This is making the picture clearer.
Shouldn't take Quinn signing to get this done, but we'll see...

Chiefnj2
07-27-2007, 05:46 PM
The Jags signed Reggie Nelson (2 picks above Bowe). With Nelson and Merriweather signed there is no excuse for Bowe not to be in camp by the end of the day tomorrow. The slot is set.