PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law thread!

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Ok, we get the guy, he has played a whole season for us. Now we don't even talk about him anymore. Before we had him, the front page could have been called the TY LAW Forum.

So, what do you have to say about your expectations, this season from Ty Law?
Will this be his last season as a Chief?

PinkFloyd
07-27-2007, 05:55 PM
He needs to learn to tie his shoes, so he doesn't fall down all the time defending someone...

CoMoChief
07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
He has a huge signing bonus next season that I doubt Carl pays, especially if we wanna keep Jared Allen.

Deberg_1990
07-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Hes a huge big time player. Hes still got "it"

Sure, he gives up a big play every now and then , but so does every CB. What matters is, he shows up to play when it matters most.

If our offense would have shown up to play in Jan. people would still be buzzing about his performance against Manning in that game.

Hes worth every penny.

kcchiefsus
07-27-2007, 06:00 PM
He and Surtain are more than adequate in the cover 2. We can get by with corners who are not the fastest in the world in this system. Our problem is if either one goes down.

I hope Pollard and Page develop quickly because we are going to need some good safety play to make up for any shortcomings we have at cornerback.

07-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I'll say it again....

Ty who?

DeezNutz
07-27-2007, 06:04 PM
He's been a great addition to the team and I've enj
o
y
eka
akdj;
alkal;kdjf

Sorry. Slipped.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 06:07 PM
He needs to learn to tie his shoes, so he doesn't fall down all the time defending someone...
He also needs to wear the shoes they tell him to wear. He opened the Floodgates in Pittsburgh. We had momentum in that game until that happened.

Sure, he gives up a big play every now and then , but so does every CB. What matters is, he shows up to play when it matters most.

If our offense would have shown up to play in Jan. people would still be buzzing about his performance against Manning in that game.

Hes worth every penny.

Nice Post! I would agree with his playoff performance, he showed up huge. He got to the stage and he performed, wasn't his fault few others did.

Crashride
Ty Law plays big in big games...keep him

chagrin

I agree with this but because of the cash, I doubt he will stay here; prolly end up with Denver and do very well
:banghead:

Direckshun
He's been worth it. He and Surtain are a great one-two punch.

But I think he's got two years left, maybe.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
He has a huge signing bonus next season that I doubt Carl pays, especially if we wanna keep Jared Allen.
So you think this is his last year as a Chief? Do you know what the bonus amount is?

He's been worth it. He and Surtain are a great one-two punch.

But I think he's got two years left, maybe.

Both years as a Chief?

CoMoChief
07-27-2007, 06:26 PM
So you think this is his last year as a Chief? Do you know what the bonus amount is?

Both years as a Chief?

I can't remember of what it is this season, but last season it was $4M. So I would expect that it would be more than that. Not to mention that next year's draft we are probably gonna draft 1 CB that will start immediately, perhaps 2.

Maybe we can trade him after this season. Some team would be dumb enough to pony up a 4th rounder for him.

Splat420
07-27-2007, 06:26 PM
I hope Ty Fall has a solid season that is all.

Frazod
07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I was going to post earlier, but I fell down.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I was going to post earlier, but I fell down.

Did you trip on a water bottle and run into the fridge? :D

Hey I can't wait to check out your new sword!

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I can't remember of what it is this season, but last season it was $4M. So I would expect that it would be more than that. Not to mention that next year's draft we are probably gonna draft 1 CB that will start immediately, perhaps 2.

Maybe we can trade him after this season. Some team would be dumb enough to pony up a 4th rounder for him.

I don't think CB is that easy to learn, is it? If the bonus is only around 4M, I hope we keep him. He just needs a personal shoe attendent.

Frazod
07-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Did you trip on a water bottle and run into the fridge? :D

Hey I can't wait to check out your new sword!

I'll bring it over. What shape is the car in? Are you done with it yet?

KCTitus
07-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Last season? Yes, most likely.

He was the only player to show up in January. First first down with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter? Cant score from the 7 yd line? Ugh...

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 07:05 PM
I'll bring it over. What shape is the car in? Are you done with it yet?

ROFL My Dads? I finished it, and took it back to him for Fathers day.

Post 292 on. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153891&page=4&pp=80&highlight=gear+head)

Just been crazy busy since, we are getting ready to go visit East Coast family, NJ and Virginia. My little Sis is finally coming up here in a couple weeks, first time ever.
I turned down those Bear tickets, found the guy wanted $100 a piece for them. They were middle endzone, there has to be some better ones coming.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Last season? Yes, most likely.

He was the only player to show up in January. First first down with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter? Cant score from the 7 yd line? Ugh...

Titus, if you have it handy, will you post the CP Lexicon, or a link to it?

KCTitus
07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Titus, if you have it handy, will you post the CP Lexicon, or a link to it?

sure...let me get it

KCTitus
07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
ChiefsPlanet Lexicon

1. Pissed Away - Any draft pick traded by KC
2. Wasted/Reach - Any draft pick used by KC to select a player
3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
4. QB Bust - Any QB taken in any round of the draft by KC
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
6. Waste of Cap Dollars - Any FA that KC picks up
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
8. Overpaid - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
11. High on Pot/Heroine/Crack... - See Blind Homer.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
14. College Nobodies - Undrafted Free Agents signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
18. Short-sighted - When KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
21. Good Season - Something that doesnt happen to the KC franchise.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. Examples include: Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
25. Prolific Success - KC going .500 with Gunther and Stooges or Marty
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by Carl to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Genious - Any Internet BB poster who claims to know more about NFL talent evaluation, running an NFL franchise or playing in the NFL than those currently employed in the NFL.
29. Looser - The certified spelling of the commonly understood word 'Loser'. Extra 'o' is added for emphasis as to how big a loser receipient of said word really is.
30. Retart - The ChiefsPlanet spelling of the commonly understaood word 'Retard'. Replacing the 'd' with a 't' is added for emphasis as to how stupid recipient of said word really is.
31. Minion/Cannon Fodder - See Blind Homer.

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks Titus! We have a lot of good n00bs that may have never seen it. I chuckle everytime I read it. LMAO

BIG K
07-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok, we get the guy, he has played a whole season for us. Now we don't even talk about him anymore. Before we had him, the front page could have been called the TY LAW Forum.

So, what do you have to say about your expectations, this season from Ty Law?
Will this be his last season as a Chief?

Who is this 'Ty Law' you speak of?

KCTitus
07-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks Titus! We have a lot of good n00bs that may have never seen it. I chuckle everytime I read it. LMAO

no problem...we have to keep The Lexicon alive...

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Who is this 'Ty Law' you speak of?

You got me, that is two of you that have posted this, so I had to go check and make sure I didn't miss-spell Ty Law. (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3820)

I was pretty sure I hadn't screwed that one up. ROFL

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
no problem...we have to keep The Lexicon alive...
Do you think it might need a little updating?
I think "Circus Offense" would be a nice addition, how about you?

KCTitus
07-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Do you think it might need a little updating?
I think "Circus Offense" would be a nice addition, how about you?

updating...of course, I dont think Ive had a Lexicon entry since 2005. Give me a good definition for Circus Offense and I'll add it

the Talking Can
07-27-2007, 08:52 PM
ChiefsPlanet Lexicon

1. Pissed Away - Any draft pick traded by KC
2. Wasted/Reach - Any draft pick used by KC to select a player
3. QBOTF - Any QB taken in the first 5 rounds of the draft, by any NFL franchise other than KC.
4. QB Bust - Any QB taken in any round of the draft by KC
5. Draft pick 'value' chart - A ruse by Carl planted in the media to 'justify' the Ryan Sims trade up in 2002.
6. Waste of Cap Dollars - Any FA that KC picks up
7. Cap Friendly Contract - Any contract signed by a FA to an NFL Franchise other than KC
8. Overpaid - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by KC
9. Good Cap Mgmt - Any trade, FA, draft pick signing made by any NFL franchise other than KC
10. Blind Homer - Any Chiefs fan that finds any 'good' value in any FA, draft pick, trade that KC makes. Can also include those who celebrate Chiefs victories during a losing season.
11. High on Pot/Heroine/Crack... - See Blind Homer.
12. The System - the reason why high quality players are cut from KC in favor of 'Waste of Cap Dollars' FA's or 'Wastes/Reaches'
13. High Profile College Prospects - Undrafted Free Agents that were not signed by KC
14. College Nobodies - Undrafted Free Agents signed by KC
15. gloom, despair, agony on me - a thread bemoaning the end of the upcoming KC season that's over 3-9 months away or just prior to the seasons start.
16. Dont question my fandom! - the flame war that ensues after a blind homer/High on Crack/Pot/Heroine posts in a 'gloom, despair, agony on me' thread.
17. Agressive-win now approach - When any other NFL franchise other than KC signs a veteran FA.
18. Short-sighted - When KC signs a veteran FA.
19. NFL Caliber Talent - something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.
20. Get Lucky - What caused FA, draft pick, traded player to have a 'good' season. b) Could also be the cause of a playoff win or SB win.
21. Good Season - Something that doesnt happen to the KC franchise.
22. Moron - Any of the numerous members of the Chiefs organization. Examples include: Dick Vermiel and Carl Peterson. b)Can also be used to identify a blind homer in a gloom, despair, agony on me thread
23. Winning the Lottery- What happens if a coach or player currently with KC had played in and won the SB with a another NFL franchise. This term will also be used to describe a KC SB winning season. See also 'Get Lucky'
24. The Profile - A mythical paradigm usually used as an excuse by the Chief's front office as a reason for not signing an impact free agent in their continued attempt to keep the team mediocre and fill the seats of Arrowhead stadium.
25. Prolific Success - KC going .500 with Gunther and Stooges or Marty
26. Decent Contract Offer - A contract not offered by Carl to sign a player in time for Training Camp. See Also Overpaid
27. Attempting to get better - Any FA signing by any NFL club other than KC. See also Agressive-win now approach
28. Genious - Any Internet BB poster who claims to know more about NFL talent evaluation, running an NFL franchise or playing in the NFL than those currently employed in the NFL.
29. Looser - The certified spelling of the commonly understood word 'Loser'. Extra 'o' is added for emphasis as to how big a loser receipient of said word really is.
30. Retart - The ChiefsPlanet spelling of the commonly understaood word 'Retard'. Replacing the 'd' with a 't' is added for emphasis as to how stupid recipient of said word really is.
31. Minion/Cannon Fodder - See Blind Homer.

ahhh....i love this

the Talking Can
07-27-2007, 08:55 PM
updating...of course, I dont think Ive had a Lexicon entry since 2005. Give me a good definition for Circus Offense and I'll add it

Circus offense = An attempt to brand DV's offense in a negative light; also any offense that attempts a pass; See: Herm Edwards

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Circus offense = An attempt to brand DV's offense in a negative light; also any offense that attempts a pass; See: Herm Edwards

ROFL I couldn't have come close to that, great job!

KCTitus
07-27-2007, 09:01 PM

I LIKE that...how about we add: 'Any offense that gets a first down in the first half' into that definition. Clearly, we have to juxtapose the Playoff Chiefs offense vs. the Vermeil years....

the Talking Can
07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
I LIKE that...how about we add: 'Any offense that gets a first down in the first half' into that definition. Clearly, we have to juxtapose the Playoff Chiefs offense vs. the Vermeil years....

works for me

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 09:03 PM

:clap:

KCTitus
07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
works for me

Ok, how about this for #32 and 33:

Circus Offense - A NFL leading offense in almost every statistical category when run by the Chiefs. See: 2001 - 2005 KC Chiefs

Real Offense - A NFL leading offense in almost every statistical category except when run by the Chiefs. See 2002-2006 Indianapolis Colts

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 09:18 PM

Circus Offense - A NFL leading offense in almost every statistical category when run by the Chiefs. See: 2001 - 2005 KC Chiefs

Real Offense - A NFL leading offense in almost every statistical category except when run by the Chiefs. See 2002-2006 Indianapolis Colts

Truely Genious!

Frazod
07-27-2007, 09:51 PM
ROFL My Dads? I finished it, and took it back to him for Fathers day.

Post 292 on. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=153891&page=4&pp=80&highlight=gear+head)

Just been crazy busy since, we are getting ready to go visit East Coast family, NJ and Virginia. My little Sis is finally coming up here in a couple weeks, first time ever.
I turned down those Bear tickets, found the guy wanted $100 a piece for them. They were middle endzone, there has to be some better ones coming.

Damn, I forgot about that. Oh well. I guess I'll take a ride in your next one. :D

As for the Bears tickets, I haven't heard anything from the FIL, so I don't know. If I get them and there's an extra, it's yours. I'll keep you posted.

And OH SHIT Ty fell down again! :doh!:

:)

petegz28
07-27-2007, 10:03 PM
I seem to remember him making it a long day for Manning in the game that counted.

Bob Dole
07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
I seem to remember him making it a long day for Manning in the game that counted.

Except he didn't close the deal on the INT and Tynes ended up doinking the 3.

That was when Bob Dole knew it was going to be another loooooong day.

petegz28
07-27-2007, 10:35 PM
Except he didn't close the deal on the INT and Tynes ended up doinking the 3.

That was when Bob Dole knew it was going to be another loooooong day.

Close the deal? I guess intercepting it wasn't enough for you?

Bob Dole need to give the man some slack.

kcchiefsus
07-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't think CB is that easy to learn, is it? If the bonus is only around 4M, I hope we keep him. He just needs a personal shoe attendent.

With this team I don't think we have a choice. Any cornerback we draft next year is almost forced into a starting role due to the inability of this team to draft players early enough to give them time to develop.

Chiefspants
07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
How I look at it, He's a solid addition, thinking of the talented Eric Warfield, Warfield is no comparison. Sure we Law's errors stand out, but thats because we're so use to Law actually being solid for an entire game. Instead of Warfield getting bombed his usual two-three times per game.

milkman
07-27-2007, 11:48 PM
The reality is that Law made very little any real difference.

Direckshun
07-27-2007, 11:50 PM
The reality is that Law made very little any real difference.
I hadn't realized until now how poor grammar was in the reality.

milkman
07-27-2007, 11:57 PM

Yeah, that was bad.

I was going to say "didn't make any real difference" but decided to change it to " made very little difference" but missed deleting a couple of words.

the Talking Can
07-28-2007, 06:41 AM

much better...it keeps with the "If the Chiefs do it, it sucks...if anyone else does it, it is is brilliant" form of the lexicon...

well done

Skip Towne
07-28-2007, 07:30 AM
You gotta remember some of these guys are Donkey fans.

StcChief
07-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Ty Law did his job. Period.

If he hadn't the Burntee, McPasson etc name would have branded him as wasted FA signing.

HemiEd
07-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Damn, I forgot about that. Oh well. I guess I'll take a ride in your next one. :D

As for the Bears tickets, I haven't heard anything from the FIL, so I don't know. If I get them and there's an extra, it's yours. I'll keep you posted.

And OH SHIT Ty fell down again! :doh!:

:)

The Red convertible is running better than I ever dreamed of, we will take it out for a while.

I will keep working on tickets as well, I just don't like end zone seats unless they are high enough up to see the whole field.

boogblaster
07-28-2007, 12:23 PM
Law earned his check last year...he'll repeat this year......

FAX
07-28-2007, 12:24 PM
I think an update is in order.

Circus Offense: Any offense that includes more than 5 running plays.

FAX

HonestChieffan
07-28-2007, 12:40 PM
he showed me enough to know we got scammed.

GoHuge
07-28-2007, 01:16 PM
IF he wants to stay they can always renegotiate his bonus and salary. I'd like to keep him because if we make the playoffs next year he has proven he comes up big. The rest of the season, well not so much.

RustShack
07-28-2007, 01:23 PM
I think Law retires as a Chief, maybe he will want to retire a Patriot, but I think he will play his last season in Kansas City.

Easy 6
07-28-2007, 02:19 PM

Hes worth every penny.

This post says it all for me.

The Bad Guy
07-28-2007, 02:21 PM
he showed me enough to know we got scammed.

I'm glad you aren't a talent evaluator.

Law had a few moments where he stunk, all corners do. But I think he played well. He played well enough to help us win the playoff game. It's too bad the offense never showed up.

HemiEd
07-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm glad you aren't a talent evaluator.

Law had a few moments where he stunk, all corners do. But I think he played well. He played well enough to help us win the playoff game. It's too bad the offense never showed up.

If only Herm would have turned the Clowns loose. :banghead:

Logical
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM

Titus you are officially amazing and my hero. Please return.

PinkFloyd
08-02-2007, 08:12 PM
I'll make a prediction... I'm saying Pro-Bowl with 10 --- yes --- 10 interceptions... I'll even say he will return 2 of them for TD's... I'll even go further and say 1 will be a game winner... possibly in O.T....

Vibes man --- I got vibes !!!

penguinz
08-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Vibes man --- I got vibes !!!Give them to your wife.

Dayze
08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
it's been said before; he did his job well. He's no longer 'elite', but then again there aren't many elite CBs remaining.

I'll take Ty Law over Bartee, McCleon, et al any day of the week and twice on sunday.

OctoberFart
08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Ty Flaw is very average now days and has slowed down quite a bit. The queefs get away from it by playing Cover 2. By the way the picks manning toss to him hit him between the numbers and all Ty had to do was stand there and catch them.

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
I'll make a prediction... I'm saying Pro-Bowl with 10 --- yes --- 10 interceptions... I'll even say he will return 2 of them for TD's... I'll even go further and say 1 will be a game winner... possibly in O.T....

Vibes man --- I got vibes !!!

Gotta like it. why not!

Smed1065
08-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Ty Flaw is very average now days and has slowed down quite a bit. The queefs get away from it by playing Cover 2. By the way the picks manning toss to him hit him between the numbers and all Ty had to do was stand there and catch them.

So he was in the right spot when needed?
Made the catch as well?

Maybe he should have been a WR in that game.

Iggy time because it is football season again.

OctoberFart
08-03-2007, 09:38 AM
So he was in the right spot when needed?
Made the catch as well?

Maybe he should have been a WR in that game.

Iggy time because it is football season again.

He had maybe backpeddled five steps and Harrison ran one way and Manning threw the other. I gave him credit for actually catching the ball but they were spectacular plays as you guys claim here.

The Bad Guy
08-03-2007, 10:04 AM
He had maybe backpeddled five steps and Harrison ran one way and Manning threw the other. I gave him credit for actually catching the ball but they were spectacular plays as you guys claim here.

Any turnover in the playoffs is spectacular.

He read the receiver. He read the route and was in his position to make a play. He did his job perfectly.

The Bad Guy
08-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Considering he played mostly a cover 2/cover 3 shell in New England, your statement makes little sense.

Is Ty Law better than he was in 2000? No, of course he's slowed down.

Is a slowed down Ty Law better than 85% of the corners in the NFL?

Absolutely.

King_Chief_Fan
08-03-2007, 10:10 AM

Your opinion has little or no value.......but, thanks for playing

crazycoffey
08-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Nice Lexicon, I've heard of this but finally get to see it. But is it an abbreviated version or just the football version. I thought there was more, NTTAWWT and teh ghey, etc....

Funny, I don't remember smoking crack.....

HemiEd
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Nice Lexicon, I've heard of this but finally get to see it. But is it an abbreviated version or just the football version. I thought there was more, NTTAWWT and teh ghey, etc....

As far as I know, this is the only version. It is my impression that other Planeteers, keep track of certain things. Example: I am pretty sure that Dartgod is in charge of "Your and idiot," but I could be wrong.

KCTitus
08-03-2007, 11:04 AM

Yes, that's it for The Lexicon. I added a few official spellings to The Lexicon, but really, The Lexicon is a reference guide for anyone aspiring to be a Genious (Chiefsplanet Spelling).

There is a jargon to the Planet, but I dont think anyone ever compiled a jargon list.

crazycoffey
08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, that's it for The Lexicon. I added a few official spellings to The Lexicon, but really, The Lexicon is a reference guide for anyone aspiring to be a Genious (Chiefsplanet Spelling).

There is a jargon to the Planet, but I dont think anyone ever compiled a jargon list.

no no, I'm a blind homer, and don't want to be a genious....

I will say the first time I was called a n00b I read Knob and was new to the BB thing (punny) so I thought it was more individual disrespect toward me and not a broad term used on the board. So I told Skip to F off....

ChiefaRoo
08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
no no, I'm a blind homer, and don't want to be a genious....

I will say the first time I was called a n00b I read Knob and was new to the BB thing (punny) so I thought it was more individual disrespect toward me and not a broad term used on the board. So I told Skip to F off....

Telling Skip to "f**k off" never gets old. It's like saying "Shake and bake"

PinkFloyd
08-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Give them to your wife.

I'm one of the smart ones ---- I don't have one...