PDA

View Full Version : Who will flash, and keep on flashin?

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Not a poll as much as discussion. In my mind it’s probably going to be a db, To take the more positive vantage point IMO Herm will prove that he time and time again has identified young, hungry talent and for the first time in way too long the D line and the d backs feed from one another. Tamba, Boone, Allen, Tyler and McBride (who might be special as in especially fast and powerful) are going to be a concern at the very least for apposing OC’s. Our LB’s are in pass coverage (because they can) with some pretty savy CB’s . So that leaves #44 and #49 and it’s going to be one of them. Just my opinion. If repost I am truly sorry.

Kraus
07-27-2007, 07:57 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about girls....

Deberg_1990
07-27-2007, 07:59 PM
You mean who will be the next Jessie Haynes??

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm a n00b sorta, I could have been more specific

Hammock Parties
07-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Chris Hannon. He's going to tear training camp up, but I fear he's not ready for the big stage. It may take a year.

Kraus
07-27-2007, 08:23 PM
You just got to remember what most of us have on our mind. I hear about somebody flashing....I think girls.

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:23 PM

If it was about girls, who wouldn't flash?

Kraus
07-27-2007, 08:24 PM
The fat ones.

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Chris Hannon. He's going to tear training camp up, but I fear he's not ready for the big stage. It may take a year.

Yeah offensive player would be huge, a new weapon, in addition to a improved defense of course

KC Jones
07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Nice take - I really expect the defense to show up this year and maybe be something special in a year or two. Hopefully we can hang on to Allen long term.

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
The fat ones.

They flash, but if your lucky you didn't see it

KcMizzou
07-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I think Tyler could have a big impact, if only because we're so starved for some success on the D line.

(F you Ryan Simms)

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Nice take - I really expect the defense to show up this year and maybe be something special in a year or two. Hopefully we can hang on to Allen long term.

Allen has been huge, and I hope we pay him

Kraus
07-27-2007, 08:30 PM
I really think Derrick Johnson will rock even more this year. He showed flashes last year, but that nagging injury on his ankle(?) kept him from being 100%.

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I've been a chiefs fan long enough to be pretty grounded, bbut I love camp and this young team! I'm excited and who wouldn't be ? We need Bowe in camp because that could be something to follow

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:35 PM
I really think Derrick Johnson will rock even more this year. He showed flashes last year, but that nagging injury on his ankle(?) kept him from being 100%.

It seems like everyplace you look right now there seems to be reason for optimism, I like Croyle and here in FL many are watching for him. but especially d

KC Jones
07-27-2007, 08:41 PM
It seems like everyplace you look right now there seems to be reason for optimism, I like Croyle and here in FL many are watching for him. but especially d

Well... let me piss on that optimism.

Our O-line is pretty much crap right now. We will either have a career journeyman (memories of Steve Deberg), or a rookie under center. Our star RB is holding out and frankly I expect it to take a while. Despite the youth and talent elsewhere on D I'm still not sold on our DTs. We may well end up missing Kendall Gammon this year too.

We're rebuilding - I expect a .500 season and the contract issues may spill over into distractions for the team.

Bob Dole
07-27-2007, 08:56 PM

Wouldn't that require some pass plays in the playbook?

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Wouldn't that require some pass plays in the playbook?
Q: You going to limit Bennett to 25?

EDWARDS: “He’ll be limited some, a little bit. That all depends who’s here. Last year we came into camp with questions. We had the one guy and we didn’t know who the backups were. Now, we’ve got a whole team of running backs. We might be able to run the ball a little bit more (laughs).”

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 08:59 PM

Our O-line is pretty much crap right now. We will either have a career journeyman (memories of Steve Deberg), or a rookie under center. Our star RB is holding out and frankly I expect it to take a while. Despite the youth and talent elsewhere on D I'm still not sold on our DTs. We may well end up missing Kendall Gammon this year too.

We're rebuilding - I expect a .500 season and the contract issues may spill over into distractions for the team.

But even there don't you feel a little better with the addition of McIntosh or Terry or both, or how about a 309lb Turley or all. And Welbourn at guard is a good thing.

alanm
07-27-2007, 09:07 PM

I can see you're optimistic about the upcoming season. :)

LOCOChief
07-27-2007, 09:13 PM
I haven't had this level of optimism in a long time. I'm not saying that it will translate into all wins this season, but I think it will in the next 2 or 3. for me it's the youth deal, I'm ready for a few developement guys after all this isn't baseball we can keep what we need iof Herm keeps pickin good ones. And what in the world is LJ going to do?

HemiEd
07-27-2007, 09:13 PM
This Hisissiiimiii(sp) guy has to be the early leader. He is supposed to be terrible and he already flashed several pictures the first day.

kcchiefsus
07-27-2007, 10:42 PM

At what point does Brodie Croyle stop being a "rookie"? I was under the impression that after your 1st year ended you were no longer a rookie. I guess I was wrong.

KC Jones
07-28-2007, 05:58 AM
At what point does Brodie Croyle stop being a "rookie"? I was under the impression that after your 1st year ended you were no longer a rookie. I guess I was wrong.

Your right, I should have said sophomore with experience only in junk time of one game in which he looked not very good.

LOCOChief
07-28-2007, 07:05 AM

I'd think after 16 consecutive games he's no longer a rookie. He'll probably have his rookie mistakes and sometimes painfull f%$k ups they all do, Every great QB with maybe the exception of Brady had a sometimes rocky start. Maybe Croyle will learn quick, stay healthy, let's hope

KC Jones
07-28-2007, 07:23 AM
I'd think after 16 consecutive games he's no longer a rookie. He'll probably have his rookie mistakes and sometimes painfull f%$k ups they all do, Every great QB with maybe the exception of Brady had a sometimes rocky start. Maybe Croyle will learn quick, stay healthy, let's hope

I'm very hopeful for Croyle and I have no problem with him learning the ropes this year because we're rebuilding. I am optimistic... that in a year or two we will have a very good team. I'm realistic that we're a .500 ball club going into this season.

Chiefnj2
07-28-2007, 07:39 AM
I think it's pretty much impossible to tell who is flashing in practice. Every year there are great stories from practice and when it comes down to game time the players just don't show up.

Las year there were lots of practice reports of Key Fox and Kris Griffin going to be a great OLBs.

StcChief
07-28-2007, 07:52 AM
On D - Really anyone but especially DJ / Hali

LOCOChief
07-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm very hopeful for Croyle and I have no problem with him learning the ropes this year because we're rebuilding. I am optimistic... that in a year or two we will have a very good team. I'm realistic that we're a .500 ball club going into this season.

I agree in that it is a rebuilding year and we probably won't have more than 8-9 wins if we're lucky, but maybe we get really lucky
even with out the wins I think I'll find satisfaction in the direction the team is headed as opposed to recent years of unbalance between defense and offense, I never was confident because there was a complete missing link (the defense) now that's being addressed, and a developemental qb too

LOCOChief
07-28-2007, 08:12 AM
I think it's pretty much impossible to tell who is flashing in practice. Every year there are great stories from practice and when it comes down to game time the players just don't show up.

Las year there were lots of practice reports of Key Fox and Kris Griffin going to be a great OLBs.

It's probably impossible to tell because we rely on the media to tell us who they think is flashing. The coach's made the determination long ago with most these guys, Besides we might see what fox is all about, He could be the man, he has the size, athletitism and the speed to be great.