PDA

View Full Version : World Cup of American Football??

InChiefsHeaven
07-28-2007, 11:58 AM
It's on the NFL network right now. Japan vs. USA for the championship. I've never heard of this before. Japan is winning right now, I guess the American team only had 2 weeks to prepare for the tourney. I...so...desperately need football...

Japan 10
USA 7

6 minutes left in the first half.

milkman
07-28-2007, 12:14 PM
This game was played a week or two ago.

I won't spoil it for you though.

PinkFloyd
07-28-2007, 02:51 PM
This game was played a week or two ago.

I won't spoil it for you though.

I was about too until I read your post... Good game by the way...

chagrin
07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
I have never heard of this, do they use good athletes? Better than NFLEL or is it the same caliber of competition?

PinkFloyd
07-28-2007, 06:34 PM
I have never heard of this, do they use good athletes? Better than NFLEL or is it the same caliber of competition?

They usually use small college kids... One kid from up here at NWMSU in Maryville went over and played... Done actually quit well... Played defense and was able to get a score or two on fumbles...

InChiefsHeaven
07-30-2007, 06:29 AM
USA won in double OT. Interesting to watch the Japanese...they had real imaginative plays. The US team was a little screwed up based on the short amount of time they played together. The RB for USA was a kid from the University of Nebraska at Omaha...name escapes me right now.

It was entertaining, but I'd say most of these guys will never play ball professionally, at least not in the NFL.

BigMeatballDave
07-30-2007, 06:34 AM
I'd imagine if NFL players played in this, the beatings would be worse than the '92 Olympics when NBA players first bagan to play.

Mile High Mania
07-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Weird...

http://wc2007.info/index_e.html

Looks like there were maybe 10k at the big game. Woot!

InChiefsHeaven
07-30-2007, 08:14 AM
I think that's more than were at the first Superbowl though...

Ultra Peanut
07-30-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd imagine if NFL players played in this, the beatings would be worse than the '92 Olympics when NBA players first bagan to play.Which is exactly why the talent level they sent is perfect. Good enough to win, but not so good that they demolish everyone in their path and kill any interest that may have possibly existed in countries like Japan and Germany.

There were actually a few guys from schools like TCU, Arizona, and Michigan on the roster, but I'm guessing they're fringe players on those teams.