PDA

View Full Version : Priest on Metro Sports Live Now!

Stewie
07-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Press Conference

chagrin
07-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Update us!

Direckshun
07-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update.

Please.

Thig Lyfe
07-29-2007, 11:11 AM
He sounds like a white nerd when he talks.

blueballs
07-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Is that radio or tv

Thig Lyfe
07-29-2007, 11:12 AM
This is weird. It's like seeing Elvis Presley give a press conference announcing his marriage to Amelia Earhardt, and that Jimmy Hoffa will be the best man.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:12 AM
He said fug LJ and if that crybaby shows up in camp he was going to kick his ass. I think PH can take him.

PH also said that he hopes he fugs up LJ's contract talks and that he holds out all year.

Thig Lyfe
07-29-2007, 11:15 AM
He's talking about Risk. He pissed off LJ when he invaded the Ukraine.

Thig Lyfe
07-29-2007, 11:17 AM
He's going to lead from his RV.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I cant believe he called LJ a queer and that he would never touch his records.

Thig Lyfe
07-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow, he just took a picture of goatse out of his wallet and showed it to reporters.

blueballs
07-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Said he would only play for the CHiefs
or as a last resort maybe Dallas

PinkFloyd
07-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Hinting retirement... Just wants to make an appearance to shake up LJ... Staying in RV with medical staff cause he needs to be strapped in bed at night so he doesn't fall out of bed and injure his neck... Thinking of being released by the Chiefs so he can retire a Raven...

:p

blueballs
07-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Would you play the Marcus Allen role with KC
yes, but not the player Marcus was

chagrin
07-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Gee, thanks for starting a thread about the thing and then posting absolute garbage, geesh :shake:

Direckshun
07-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Ever heard the same joke 15 times in a row?

Stewie
07-29-2007, 11:29 AM
A brief overview. I missed the very start of the presser.

1) Will not put pads on for at least three weeks.
2) Glad to be back so he can provide leadership.
3) Will accept any role that will help the team to get deeper in the playoffs.
4) Will be working with strength coach so he can build a "base" that will get him back into football shape.
5) Said LJ is the workhorse and that's how it should be.

Overall, he sounded more like a player that will be a mentor/cheerleader with the hope that he will get on the field with a defined role. I think he realizes he won't be what he was before, but will do what it takes to help this team win.

It'll will be interesting to follow his progress.

milkman
07-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Gee, thanks for starting a thread about the thing and then posting absolute garbage, geesh :shake:

Are you new?

luv
07-29-2007, 11:32 AM

4) Will be working with strength coach so he can build a "base" that will get him back into football shape.

Overall, he sounded more like a player that will be a mentor/cheerleader with the hope that he will get on the field with a defined role. I think he realizes he won't be what he was before, but will do what it takes to help this team win.

Three weeks, huh? And a strength coach? I was thinking he was coming back because he was ready?

Fishpicker
...Priest said he had dreamt of playing football again. he asked around at his church and determined that the dream was divine. that's why he is coming back.

...someone asked priest if he could take a hit. Priest laughed it off and recounted a strange story about a friend hitting him in the head with a baseball bat. (in HS) he said that was the worst hit ever and that he will get back up again.

Direckshun
I don't know how much leadership you can provide from your RV, genious.

I bet at this point, we won't see him on the roster until week 5 or 6. He was said to be a good two months away from being in prime football shape.

luv
07-29-2007, 11:36 AM
I've missed somthing somewhere. What's up with the RV thing? Link?

PinkFloyd
07-29-2007, 11:37 AM

Although most of us like to joke around and have fun with threads, this is about what he said for the most part... Personally -- I don't see it happening... With that type of neck injury --- unless the doctors transplanted a whole new neck structure on him --- I just don't see him playing at all this year... I think he's a ploy by Carl to get LJ in camp... Sure --- I'd love to see him make a comeback -- but -- at the same time I don't want him to become a veggie after taking a shot around the head/neck area...

And everyone else is intitled to a different take on the situation...

Thig Lyfe
07-29-2007, 11:39 AM
I've missed somthing somewhere. What's up with the RV thing? Link?

Priest spent some of the time away from KC acting in the Robin Williams moive RV.

PinkFloyd
He was said to be a good two months away from being in prime football shape.

Just in time to announce his retirement at the Chiefs first home game...

Adept Havelock
He's talking about Risk. He pissed off LJ when he invaded the Ukraine.

Idiot. Sure, it's 7 armies a turn, but you can't hold Asia!

Are you new?

No, but he is filled with righteous indignation. Righteous, I tell you!!

Lzen
07-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Well that is interesting. I thought he was ready to go now. A couple months? It will be week 3 or 4 before he's in football shape?

FAX
07-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Three weeks? Three weeks? Giant Toad tadpoles hatch in 48 to 72 hours and the female lays between 8,000 and 50,000 eggs in a clutch.

This is a travesty.

FAX

dirk digler
07-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the real info

Direckshun
07-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I should clarify myself.

I am not going off what I heard on Metro Sports, as I am not in KC and can't get the channel.

But Joe Poz wrote an article on Priest earlier in the offseason, I think somewhere around May. In the article he mentions that doctors think Priest is a hard two months away from being in prime football condition.

blueballs
07-29-2007, 11:47 AM
May June July

FAX
07-29-2007, 11:53 AM
This is getting ridiculous. Just the facts ma'am, if you please.

1) Did Priest say he would not be in football shape for two months?
2) Did he show up in an RV?
3) If guys had tusks, would girls still french kiss?

FAX

BigRock
07-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Joe Poz wrote an article on Priest earlier in the offseason, I think somewhere around May. In the article he mentions that doctors think Priest is a hard two months away from being in prime football condition.
The "2 months" was attributed (2 months ago) to the guy Priest trains with. It is possible that he's been training on his own. I suppose you can't put anything unusual past Priest, but I would tend to doubt that he's been sitting around doing nothing and suddenly felt like going to training camp.

mdstu
07-29-2007, 11:58 AM
If everyone thinks that Priest even making the team is a long shot. How could he be used as a ploy to manipulate LJ's contract?

dirk digler
07-29-2007, 12:00 PM

FAX

1. Yes 2 months ago
2. No he showed up in a green Yugo
3. Most definitely as long as the tongue fits in between the tusks

Stewie
07-29-2007, 12:01 PM

FAX

FAX,

Priest looked in great shape... as much as I could tell since he was behind a desk. I could see his shoulders and arms and it was the same Priest I remember from '05. "Football shape" means taking hits and getting use to the abuse. Kind of like a husband. I think he has time to get it going by the 3rd pre-season game. Only time will tell.

I think the RV thing is BS.

Guys demand french kissing no matter how ugly/fat/stoopid we are. Women put up with it because they dream of children.

luv
07-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Guys demand french kissing no matter how ugly/fat/stoopid we are. Women put up with it because they dream of children.
That's a very generalized statement.

dirk digler
07-29-2007, 12:10 PM
The more than 20 fans wearing attire stamped with No. 31 in the hopes of catching a glimpse of their favorite running back were not disappointed today. The stadium erupted in cheers as the formerly injured Priest Holmes took the field for the first time. Fans could be heard shouting, "Priest, good to see you man!" and "We love you number 31!" Clad in a visor, cleats, athletic shorts, and his practice jersey, Holmes acknowledged the crowd with a wave and stood on the sidelines for a few minutes watching his teammates.

More than two-thirds of those assembled in the stands moved back to the practice fields to watch Holmes do strength and conditioning drills with Strength and Conditioning Coach Cedric Smith and teammates linebacker David Hicks and cornerback Dimitri Patterson. Holmes, Hicks, and Patterson ran several 100-yard sprints. Holmes showed no sign of injury, leading the pack during sprints at least three times. The group did various other exercises, including grapevines and lunges. Linebacker Nate Harris and tight end Jason Dunn could also be seen working on strength and conditioning on the practice fields.

kcxiv
07-29-2007, 12:58 PM
That's a very generalized statement.
hmmm... I dont demand it. I dont even care for it. I just do it becuase the women liked it? lol They are the ones for kissing, at least its like that for me. lol

BigRock
07-29-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070729am/full/070729-AM-088.jpg

el borracho
07-29-2007, 01:09 PM
If everyone thinks that Priest even making the team is a long shot. How could he be used as a ploy to manipulate LJ's contract?
Ah, it is all in the lexicon but I don't have a copy handy at the moment.

Logical
07-29-2007, 01:15 PM
http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070729am/full/070729-AM-088.jpgThis is a beautiful sight. Welcome back Priest. I will ignore all the speculation about when you are ready to play and just wait and see.

Rain Man
07-29-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm thrilled to have him back, and I'm even more thrilled to hear him say that LJ is the workhorse. Priest will be an incredible re-addition to this team as a third down and goal-line back, and it will extend his career to play that role as well.

I openly grin at the thought of the Chiefs near the goal line, and the defense is having to figure out whether to dive low to take on LJ or jump to take on Priest. We'll be unstoppable.

Time's Yours
07-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Looks in shape to me...

BigRedChief
07-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't know how much leadership you can provide from your RV, genious.
Also how about some leadership in the locker room over the last 2 years instead of sitting on your couch in San Antonio.

FAX
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
... I openly grin at the thought of the Chiefs near the goal line, and the defense is having to figure out whether to dive low to take on LJ or jump to take on Priest. We'll be unstoppable.

Great plan, Mr. Rain Man. Except for one minor, little detail.

How are we supposed to get near the goal line in the first place?

FAX

kstater
07-29-2007, 02:23 PM
My dream of seeing the wishbone again has become closer to reality.

stevieray
07-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Also how about some leadership in the locker room over the last 2 years instead of sitting on your couch in San Antonio.

honestly,who cares at this point...I'm looking what he can do for the team right now...he obviously knows his place, how can this not be a good thing? a player of his caliber can only make us better, even in a limited role..

BigRedChief
07-29-2007, 02:33 PM
honestly,who cares at this point...I'm looking what he can do for the team right now...he obviously knows his place, how can this not be a good thing? a player of his caliber can only make us better, even in a limited role..
welllll maybe. Depends on his attitude. If what he is saying publically is what he is actually doing in the locker room, great.

But I'd rather not see Priest laying paralyzed on the Arrowhead turf than have a 3rd down back option for LJ.

Bowser
07-29-2007, 02:34 PM

Absolutely. Even is he is strictly a third down back, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

stevieray
07-29-2007, 02:38 PM
welllll maybe. Depends on his attitude. If what he is saying publically is what he is actually doing in the locker room, great.

But I'd rather not see Priest laying paralyzed on the Arrowhead turf than have a 3rd down back option for LJ.

then why are you mentioning his absence, if you don't want to see him play...did you expect him just to be a cheerleader...?