PDA

View Full Version : Will Priest be the starter?

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:22 AM
A player gets his spot back according to Herm, if he comes back from injury. He always was a better all around back, so I vote yes.

What do you guys think??

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:28 AM
It would be nice to see PH put up some good numbers and a bunch of TD's to pad his stats for the HOF also.

Direckshun
07-29-2007, 11:30 AM
What the **** is this?

milkman
07-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Where's the "Halfcan is a dumbass" option?

blueballs
07-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Do you know a woman who
works in Priest's doc's office

luv
07-29-2007, 11:34 AM
:spock:

Uhhh...no.

FAX
07-29-2007, 11:34 AM
This comes dangerously close to infringing on my "Will Priest Make The Team?" thread, Mr. Halfcan.

This may be a case of poll fraud.

FAX

Fishpicker
07-29-2007, 11:35 AM
no way PH starts, even if LJ holds out.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:40 AM
This comes dangerously close to infringing on my "Will Priest Make The Team?" thread, Mr. Halfcan.

This may be a case of poll fraud.

FAX

PH is the heart and soul of this team-you can never have enough threads about our All time RB.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
no way PH starts, even if LJ holds out.

So if LJ misses all of camp and the Pre season games he should still come in and start??

luv
07-29-2007, 11:42 AM
PH is the heart and soul of this team-you can never have enough threads about our All time RB.
Are you just being sarcastic, or are you really thinking he'll start?

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Do you know a woman who
works in Priest's doc's office

No, but I know his wholesaler of Nacho Cheese- and he says PH will start.

PinkFloyd
07-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Will Priest be the starte on Opening day?
This poll will close on 08-05-2007 at 12:26 PM
Yes he deserves his spot back, he only lost out because of injury.
Yes because he is better than LJ and always was.
No LJ is just too bad ass, and if his contract works out-he starts!
Priest will be the starter, becaus LJ will be traded to the Cowboys.

You forgot:

No; Priest has a neck that looks like a ran over watermelon when seen on an X-Ray... He's just in camp to bring in LJ sooner...

Thig Lyfe
07-29-2007, 11:44 AM
PH is the heart and soul

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZRPM1Fn-Aw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fZRPM1Fn-Aw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

blueballs
07-29-2007, 11:45 AM
No, but I know his wholesaler of Nacho Cheese- and he says PH will start.

does he get free jalopenos with that

milkman
07-29-2007, 11:45 AM

I don't think that he believes half the crap he posts.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:46 AM

Okay we draft a stud RB and then PH comes back. What is Carl trying to do??? LJ wants a billion dollars and has always been a cancer on this team, so I think he might be done.

If so...

I think LJ should go to the Cowboys-it would make them the SB favs and they would have no prob making him the richest RB in the NFL.

We get a couple of #1s and still get to see PH be comeback player of the year.

PastorMikH
07-29-2007, 11:48 AM
As much as I am excited about Priest being back and that I think he is a more complete back than LJ, I would still prefer LJ to start and Priest used in short-yardage/goal line situations.

If LJ were to hold out, there's no way Priest will hold up to the load that Herm put on LJ last year (I doubt LJ could hold up under it for a second straight year either). Use Priest like we did Marcus Allen and we could get a couple more years out of him as well as scoring lots of points.

If LJ doesn't come back, I'd still preffer letting the younger guys carry the load and use Priest like Marcus. It could be argued that Priest was a larger contributor to our offensive success than Green was. I'd just as soon use him sparringly and keep him around.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Where's the "Halfcan is a dumbass" option?

Sorry but I have always liked PH. Watch his old footage-he had Barry type moves that LJ never could dream about having.

Were you impressed with LJ last year? Yes he was durable-but did not bowl over guys. He played like he didn't want to get hurt.

I would not lose sleep if we traded LJ.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:52 AM
As much as I am excited about Priest being back and that I think he is a more complete back than LJ, I would still prefer LJ to start and Priest used in short-yardage/goal line situations.

If LJ were to hold out, there's no way Priest will hold up to the load that Herm put on LJ last year (I doubt LJ could hold up under it for a second straight year either). Use Priest like we did Marcus Allen and we could get a couple more years out of him as well as scoring lots of points.

If LJ doesn't come back, I'd still preffer letting the younger guys carry the load and use Priest like Marcus. It could be argued that Priest was a larger contributor to our offensive success than Green was. I'd just as soon use him sparringly and keep him around.

Excellent post- yep you can't forget about all the passes PH caught. He could really be a great option for Brodie.

I would have my doubts about the whole load being put on his shoulders too.

milkman
07-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Sorry but I have always liked PH. Watch his old footage-he had Barry type moves that LJ never could dream about having.

Were you impressed with LJ last year? Yes he was durable-but did not bowl over guys. He played like he didn't want to get hurt.

First, you know I just like to give you shit, and don't reeally mean it when I insult you, right?

Second, see the Pastor's post.

It's spot on.

Edit:It would not bother me in the least if we traded LJ, but there isn't anyone that's going to give up two #1s.

luv
07-29-2007, 11:54 AM

LJ can take hits. Priest played when we had a better O-line. You want someone who hasn't played for two years due to injuries to come back, start, and take all of those hits? He's still working with a strength coach.

luv
07-29-2007, 11:57 AM

:clap: Definitely agree.

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 11:57 AM
First, you know I just like to give you shit, and don't reeally mean it when I insult you, right?

Second, see the Pastor's post.

It's spot on.

Edit:It would not bother me in the least if we traded LJ, but there isn't anyone that's going to give up two #1s.

Yeah Pastor if right. PH would be a great 3rd down back-let one of the rookies start.

LJ is going to have to cut about 15 mil off his contract demands IF he is even going to be back. I bet he is pissed PH comes back from the dead.

Oh yeah, what the hell do we do with Bennett now?

Halfcan
07-29-2007, 12:01 PM
LJ can take hits. Priest played when we had a better O-line. You want someone who hasn't played for two years due to injuries to come back, start, and take all of those hits? He's still working with a strength coach.

LJ worked with a strength coach all summer too- but PH must be in some kind of shape or he wouldn't even try.

Actually I am rooting for PH, but am resigned to believe- we will suck ass without LJ on this team.

Having LJ take the load with PH coming in on 3rd down and goal line situations would be the best fit.

Plus we have some other descent backs to fill in after LJ rips off a long run.

PastorMikH
07-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah Pastor if right. PH would be a great 3rd down back-let one of the rookies start.

LJ is going to have to cut about 15 mil off his contract demands IF he is even going to be back. I bet he is pissed PH comes back from the dead.

Oh yeah, what the hell do we do with Bennett now?

I prefer an Angry LJ to a Happy LJ. A Happy LJ is good for 3-4 yards and needs Priest for the short yardage stuff. An Angry LJ busts the TD from 50 yards out.

I can't even imagine how mad it will make LJ to see all the #31 jerseys again tailgating in the parking lot as he drives up to the players entrance.

As for Bennet, he still provides a speed option that neither Priest or Larry have. We keep him and have a RBBC (Running Back By Commitee for the post 90s fans) that Marty would drool over.

:thumb:

PastorMikH
07-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm not worried about Priest working with a stregnth coach. Priest always wanted to be in the very best of shape. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in better shape now than a number of players that showed up but just wants to push himself to be in the best shape possible.

If I remember right, Priest never did much at TC because they knew what they had in him and they were saving the wear and tear for the season. This just gives them the excuse to save him from extra wear and tear.

htismaqe
07-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Trent Green was out for 8 games.

Priest Holmes has been out for almost 2 years.

Hootie
07-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Trent Green was out for 8 games.

Priest Holmes has been out for almost 2 years.
almost?

I considered him as out even when he was playing in 2005. He was awful.

Bowser
07-29-2007, 02:23 PM
almost?

I considered him as out even when he was playing in 2005. He was awful.

Christ, man. Stop with the dipshittery.

I will concede that LJ passed Priest up in running ability that year (hell, maybe even in 2004), but Priest was no slouch in '05, until Merriman brought his season to a close. It was Priest who tore up the Dolphins the week before the Chargers game, iirc.

Direckshun
07-29-2007, 02:34 PM
You heard it here first, ChiefsPlanet. Halfcan has spoken.

Kolby Smith is a STUD RB. Print 'em!

Logical
07-29-2007, 05:54 PM
I think if LJ holds out Priest might be able to return to starting status, but I doubt it would work out. I think he would now make an outstanding 3rd down and goal line back who could also provide a starter with breathers.

Eleazar
07-29-2007, 05:57 PM
A player gets his spot back according to Herm, if he comes back from injury.

No, Herm said Johnson was the starter.

:whackit:

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I imagine if LJ holds out long enough... as in into the season... or gets traded...and Priest looks good in TC... Priest will start.

Eleazar
07-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I imagine if LJ holds out long enough... as in into the season... or gets traded...and Priest looks good in TC... Priest will start.

Carl just said today or yesterday that he hasn't talked to a single team about a trade. It isn't happening.

Logical
07-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I prefer an Angry LJ to a Happy LJ. A Happy LJ is good for 3-4 yards and needs Priest for the short yardage stuff. An Angry LJ busts the TD from 50 yards out.

I can't even imagine how mad it will make LJ to see all the #31 jerseys again tailgating in the parking lot as he drives up to the players entrance.

As for Bennet, he still provides a speed option that neither Priest or Larry have. We keep him and have a RBBC (Running Back By Commitee for the post 90s fans) that Marty would drool over.

:thumb:I know I will never wear LJs number unless he wins us a Super Bowl, I just have never liked his personality. I still wear my #31 proudly.

Dr. Johnny Fever
07-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Carl just said today or yesterday that he hasn't talked to a single team about a trade. It isn't happening.
Good. I was just including it as a possibility.