PDA

View Full Version : canseco rolls ... again

kcfanXIII
07-29-2007, 11:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2953302

When Jose Canseco wrote "Juiced" in 2005, he brought the issue of steroids in Major League Baseball to the forefront. Now, Canseco has another book due this fall and he promises some juicy info on Alex Rodriguez.

Canseco told WEEI-Radio in Boston on Friday that he has "other stuff" on the Yankees slugger, who he called a "hypocrite" who "was not all he appeared to be."

When asked if A-Rod had used steroids, Canseco told WEEI, "Wait and see."

"Jose has information about A-Rod and the Yankees that will be in the book. But, I am not sure if Jose is willing to disclose it at this point," Canseco's lawyer, Robert O. Saunooke, told The New York Times.

In Baltimore for the Yankees' game against the Orioles on Saturday night, Rodriguez told reporters that he hadn't heard Canseco's comments about him. "And I have no comment," he told the newspaper.

Canseco has shared names of more players who used steroids with investigators looking into the issue for Major League Baseball. George Mitchell, the former Senate majority leader, was appointed by commissioner Bud Selig in 2006 to head the league's investigation into steroids in the sport.

Saunooke told The Times that Canseco planned to meet again with Mitchell and and his investigators in the next month.

Canseco attracted the attention of Congress with his autobiography, "Juiced," in which the former slugger named several players, including himself, Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire, who he said had used steroids.

KcMizzou
07-29-2007, 11:15 PM
This guy's just begging for a bullet in a dark alley.

Deberg_1990
07-29-2007, 11:18 PM
This guy's just begging for a bullet in a dark alley.

Hes got nothing to lose. Hes a washed up has been who wont make the hall. Hes bitter and figures if hes goin down, hes bringin everybody else with him.

Eleazar
07-29-2007, 11:19 PM
How many years until he keels from an overdose or something similar?

kcfanXIII
07-29-2007, 11:20 PM
its sad to see. i would much rather remember canseco as the bad ass he was with oakland, but now i'll remember him as a bitch ass rat.

alnorth
07-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm inclined to believe Pay-Rod over Canseco on this one. If Canseco had some info on Rodriguez, he would have put it in his first book. At this point, I think he's looking for money and attention.

Eleazar
07-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't care if he were really blowing the lid off steroids in baseball.

He's just a joke because he's obviously still trying to cash in on who he was 20 years ago.

KcMizzou
07-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm inclined to believe Pay-Rod over Canseco on this one. If Canseco had some info on Rodriguez, he would have put it in his first book. At this point, I think he's looking for money and attention.Agreed.

Eleazar
07-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Which was the better Canseco moment: when he headed a ball over the fence for a home run, or when he blew out his elbow pitching and had to have surgery?

teedubya
07-29-2007, 11:33 PM
I feel sorry for his brother Ozzie Canseco, because he looks like him.

jAZ
07-29-2007, 11:33 PM
ARod will file a lawsuit if Canceco says he did sterroids. Whether he ever did them or not, won't matter as much as his need to get out in front of that issue. No one else has filed a lawsuit against JC. ARod will be the first.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2007, 11:40 PM
its sad to see. i would much rather remember canseco as the bad ass he was with oakland, but now i'll remember him as a bitch ass rat.

So if A-Rod does steroids, it's okay as long as you don't know about it? That's insane thinking and exactly why MLB is in it's current position.

Just look the other way, if it's a star...

KcMizzou
07-29-2007, 11:44 PM
So if A-Rod does steroids, it's okay as long as you don't know about it? That's insane thinking and exactly why MLB is in it's current position.

Just look the other way, if it's a star...I think alorth said it best...

"I'm inclined to believe Pay-Rod over Canseco on this one. If Canseco had some info on Rodriguez, he would have put it in his first book. At this point, I think he's looking for money and attention."

leviw
07-29-2007, 11:47 PM

Just look the other way, if it's a star...

First, it is a safe bet A-Rod doesn't currently do steroids. His past, I have no idea, and frankly, it doesn't matter.

The current testing system is working and is not skipping baseball's stars --ask Palmero-- and A-Rod is the best player in the game.

Canseco loves the attention and the money, which is cool, who doesn't? Just as long as people don't buy into this trash he's spewing.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2007, 11:55 PM
First, it is a safe bet A-Rod doesn't currently do steroids. His past, I have no idea, and frankly, it doesn't matter.

So in your opinion, Barry Bonds is free and clear?

chagrin
07-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Wow - Jose is really in need of attention isn't he.

I would think if he really knows stuff and wants to bring it out for love of the game, he'd just do it instead of hanging it out there for media attention and book sales.

Halfcan
07-30-2007, 09:17 AM
A Rod is clean-always has been. Cansucko is an embarassment.

Amnorix
07-30-2007, 09:44 AM
ARod will file a lawsuit if Canceco says he did sterroids. Whether he ever did them or not, won't matter as much as his need to get out in front of that issue. No one else has filed a lawsuit against JC. ARod will be the first.

Bringing a lawsuit is about the worst thing he can do. For celebrities to bring lawsuits for slander/libel is almost always the wrong answer because you're opening your entire life up to a bunch of lawyers to go through it with a microscope, and then get to ask you questions under oath. Failing to answer truthfully can get you into trouble for civil contempt.

Plus the entire lawsuit perpetuates the issue for years, so instead of the brouhaha dying down quickly, it can go on and on and on.

Once you file a lawsuit, the train has left the station, and you now only control about 40% of what happens. The other party and the judge has alot of control over what happens also, and you may have invited everyone over, but it's not your party anymore...

Amnorix
07-30-2007, 09:46 AM
A Rod is clean-always has been. Cansucko is an embarassment.

Anyone who has clocked 50+ is automatically under suspicion. His pace this year is absurd.

leviw
07-30-2007, 09:50 AM
So in your opinion, Barry Bonds is free and clear?

Right now, yes. He'd be an absolute idiot to be doing anything now.

Three years ago? Absolutley not.

FringeNC
07-30-2007, 09:53 AM
It's safe to assume that a hell of a lot of players used (or using?) performance enhancers -- that's why I don't get all the uproar over Barry Bonds. Bonds didn't start this arms race -- McGwire and Sosa did, Bonds followed suit.

Calcountry
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't care if he were really blowing the lid off steroids in baseball.

He's just a joke because he's obviously still trying to cash in on who he was 20 years ago.Like, Reggie isn't trying to get paid with this T.V. Show on ESPN. And Dan Marino isn't getting paid doing nutri-system commercials. And finally, primetime, PRIMEtime, PRIMETIME, isn't trying to get paid as a pathetic sports journalist.

They all play the hand that they have for all it's worth.

Redrum_69
07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Baseball has been ruined ever since the Strike.

It will never be like it was back when money didnt matter.

Calcountry
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
and then get to ask you questions under oath. Failing to answer truthfully can get you into trouble for civil contempt.

...Not if it is about sex.

BIG_DADDY
07-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Someone needs to put a cap in his block.

Raiderhater58
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Hes got nothing to lose. Hes a washed up has been who wont make the hall. Hes bitter and figures if hes goin down, hes bringin everybody else with him.

Reminds me of a guy I used to work with.

Just in case you troll these boards and you once worked for the Kansas City Star and you are like 3ft 9inches tall, F**K YOU!!

pr_capone
07-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Reminds me of a guy I used to work with.

Just in case you troll these boards and you once worked for the Kansas City Star and you are like 3ft 9inches tall, F**K YOU!!
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Does Canseco not make the hall because of this steroids stuff, or because of his stats, or a combination?

Personally, I think his numbers are Hall worthy (if only on the fringe). I don't think he gets in though because of the roids.

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/9/7/30/f_cansecom_e723d82.jpg

leviw
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Does Canseco not make the hall because of this steroids stuff, or because of his stats, or a combination?

Personally, I think his numbers are Hall worthy (if only on the fringe). I don't think he gets in though because of the roids.

Of course he's hall worhty, and no, he'll never get in.

Wait until Bonds becomes eligible. You think he stands a chance? He's one of the best players to ever play the game, and if writers had to vote today, I'd say his chance of getting in the Hall are less than 30%.

Valiant
07-30-2007, 12:55 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

4th in SO not bad...