PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn Deal Being Held Up By

Skyy God
07-30-2007, 11:08 AM
incentives. Get into camp, golden boy, so that we can sign our WROTF.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/29/browns.postcard/index.html

I think the Brady Quinn holdout is one of the dumbest holdouts in NFL history. And that's really saying something, given the idiocy of some of these work stoppages we've seen recently. The Browns and Tom Condon, Quinn's agent, have just about reached an agreement on the overall dollars and package -- now it's haggling over guarantees, many of which Quinn is going to receive regardless of how well or poorly he does, since this team is not going to cut the golden boy quarterback after a crummy year or two. Sometimes holdouts make sense, sometimes they're stupid. This one is definitely the latter.

Saulbadguy
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
It makes sense, seeing he is a Notre Dame Golden Domer. They get all the special treatment, why shouldn't he?

Frankie
07-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I wish I knew what encentives meant? :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
07-30-2007, 12:50 PM
like Quinn is really holding up the signing of Bowe .....

tomahawk kid
07-30-2007, 12:57 PM

According to Frank Boal, it is......

The Franchise
07-30-2007, 01:16 PM
It makes sense, seeing he is a Notre Dame Golden Domer. They get all the special treatment, why shouldn't he?

Let me guess.....Michigan fan? USC fan?

CoMoChief
07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
incentives. Get into camp, golden boy, so that we can sign our WROTF.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/07/29/browns.postcard/index.html

I think the Brady Quinn holdout is one of the dumbest holdouts in NFL history. And that's really saying something, given the idiocy of some of these work stoppages we've seen recently. The Browns and Tom Condon, Quinn's agent, have just about reached an agreement on the overall dollars and package -- now it's haggling over guarantees, many of which Quinn is going to receive regardless of how well or poorly he does, since this team is not going to cut the golden boy quarterback after a crummy year or two. Sometimes holdouts make sense, sometimes they're stupid. This one is definitely the latter.
Peter King sucks.

htismaqe
07-30-2007, 01:21 PM

According to both Frank Boal and Rhonda Moss, Quinn is the reason Bowe hasn't signed.

This information is not coming from the Chiefs either. It's coming from his agent, Ethan Locke. He has informed the Chiefs, and reporters, that he will not even DISCUSS money with the Chiefs until Quinn gets a deal.

It's obvious that Locke thinks Freefall Quinn is going to break the slotting and get Bowe more cash in the process.

HemiEd
07-30-2007, 01:22 PM

ROFL ROFL

Chief Faithful
07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
According to both Frank Boal and Rhonda Moss, Quinn is the reason Bowe hasn't signed.

This information is not coming from the Chiefs either. It's coming from his agent, Ethan Locke. He has informed the Chiefs, and reporters, that he will not even DISCUSS money with the Chiefs until Quinn gets a deal.

It's obvious that Locke thinks Freefall Quinn is going to break the slotting and get Bowe more cash in the process.

Wasn't Ethan Locke the jerk that represented Tait?

I read an article yesterday that Quinn was waiting on the deal to get done in the slots in front and behind. Personally I think this is just another Ethan Locke game of jerk the Chiefs.

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 01:28 PM

you're right....Bowe wants to sign but Carl won't let him....

Sanka
07-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Trade Bowe.

Coach
07-30-2007, 04:27 PM

Problem is that QB's makes more money than WR's do. Why should the Quinn deal be any revelance to what Bowe should make?

I mean, I don't see any WR's making Peyton Manning money, outside of Terrel Owens.

Mr. Plow
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM

He couldn't even begin to be that lucky.

keg in kc
07-30-2007, 04:49 PM

It's obvious that Locke thinks Freefall Quinn is going to break the slotting and get Bowe more cash in the process.But, but, that's not possible!

It's all Carl's fault.

Rhondzilla's on the payroll now, apparently. :shake:

htismaqe
07-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Problem is that QB's makes more money than WR's do. Why should the Quinn deal be any revelance to what Bowe should make?

I mean, I don't see any WR's making Peyton Manning money, outside of Terrel Owens.

The fact that QB's make more is already figured into the equation.

Quinn isn't trying to get "I'm the 22nd pick but I'm a QB" money.

He's trying to get "I'm the 22nd pick but should have been a top 10 pick" money, which breaks the slotting.

Coach
07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
The fact that QB's make more is already figured into the equation.

Quinn isn't trying to get "I'm the 22nd pick but I'm a QB" money.

He's trying to get "I'm the 22nd pick but should have been a top 10 pick" money, which breaks the slotting.

I can see your point on the "22nd pick, but should have been a top 10 pick".

Unfortunately, Brady Quinn and his so called f**kstick of a agent of his needs to realize that Quinn isn't gonna get top 10 money, considering how far he fell.

If Quinn was around the 13th to 16th pick, then I suppose I can understand that in a way. But at 22nd? Gimmie a f**king break.

DomerNKC
07-31-2007, 05:04 PM
It makes sense, seeing he is a Notre Dame Golden Domer. They get all the special treatment, why shouldn't he?success envy runs deep in this one...