PDA

View Full Version : River Falls Update: July 30th afternoon practice.

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 07:50 PM
About 600 photos from UW-RF: http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/index.html

Summary of the day's events, per UW-RF:

Monday, July 30, 2007: Training Camp News

A temperature of 89 degrees awaited players, staff, and fans at Chiefs camp this afternoon. Light wind from the southwest at seven miles per hour did little to cool down spectators, but the humidity was only 38 percent. The dew point was 60. Some 157 fans assembled to watch the Chiefs practice.

Offense

Tight end Jason Dunn and running back Priest Holmes ran through drills with Strength and Conditioning Coach Cedric Smith in a separate section of the field today. Dunn and Holmes practiced cutting and gradually getting up to speed, along with some foot work.

The kick-off unit started practice again this evening with a drill that worked on the return. Kicker Justin Medlock took about a dozen live kicks. Cornerback Justin Phinisee and wide receivers Samie Parker and Ean Randolph appeared to be favorites to receive the ball. Cornerback Michael Bragg blew past running back Kolby Smith on a 40-yard return down the right side. Smith was not happy to have let Bragg get by him and clapped his hands together as if he were trying to fire himself up.

For the second time during camp, the Chiefs ran threw a mock field goal drill. Kicker Justin Medlock made 5-6 against no rush. The defense went as far as to put their arms in the air as Medlock took kicks from the 20, 30, and 40-yard lines. His miss was from the 40-yard right hash mark and was wide, going to the left of the goal post.

The 11-on-11 drill was broken up into four sessions in live play. Quarterback Brodie Croyle was 16-18. He had an incomplete on a 28-yard pass across the right field that went too high for wide receiver Samie Parker, and another on an attempted flat-dump pass to Parker on the left side that was deflected by safety Bernard Pollard. Quarterback Damon Huard was 12-15. His errors came from a low 20-yard pass to running back Marcus O’Keith, thrown across the left side of the field to tight end Tony Gonzalez, and a tipped 13-yard pass by linebacker Keyaron Fox to right field that was intended for wide receiver Chris Hannon. Quarterbacks Casey Printers and Jeff Terrell were 5-7 and 4-5, respectively.

Many fans may believe that the offensive line is set, but at question is who will fill the right tackle position. Tackles Herb Taylor, Kevin Sampson, and Chris Terry are ones to watch for the spot. The line has been working through many one-on-one drills in man-to- man competition at every practice. Today’s practice was physical between the linemen and who are top contenders for the job will come down to live play.

Defense

This afternoon was the first time that defensive line Coach Tim Krumrie used the large orange ball in his work out. In this drill each defensive lineman would bend down on his knees and Krumrie would push the ball at the player. The player then would use all his force to push the ball back to the coach.

The defensive backs worked against the wide receivers in a passing/coverage drill. The quarterbacks practiced leading their wide receivers, while the defensive backs do all they can with out causing a penalty to knock the ball down. Cornerback Justin Phinisee made a very nice interception. The most attention was given to cornerback Dimitri Patterson, but it wasn't for a good reason. Wide receiver Titus Ryan did a curl route and made a quick turn causing Patterson to fall down. Patterson stayed on the ground slamming his hands on the grass repeatedly. Defensive backs coach David Gibbs yelled "get off the ground, get off the ground!"

One of the biggest plays made by the defense in practice today was when quarterback Damon Huard dropped back to pass in a 7-on-7 drill. He threw the ball to Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez hitting him in the hands. Gonzalez got hit in the back by cornerback Benny Sapp causing the ball to pop up in the air. Linebacker William Kershaw was right there to snatched the ball out of the air and took it the other way. This play got the biggest reaction out of the players watching on the sidelines.

The team started its 11-on-11 practice and things heated up. Defensive end Jared Allen and guard John Welbourn got in to a little pushing match after a play. Allen is a very aggressive player and can get on the nerves other players that get matched up against him.

Another play that highlighted the 11-on-11 practice was when Huard threw the ball to wide receiver Rod Gardner. Gardner was hustling on the play and complained that safety John McGraw was holding him up. Gardner showed his anger by raising his hand up from his waist area, which is the motion referee's make when they throw a flag. There are referees on the field, but they are their just to record offsides and players lined up wrong.

The other outstanding play of the day would have been a game changing play, and was completely an individual effort. Safety Bernard Pollard rushed quarterback Brodie Croyle breaking through the line with his hands high in the air. Pollard jumped and tipped Croyle's pass attempt to the right side. Pollard was able to stay with the ball and make the interception on the play.

The defensive backs worked a lot of their nickel formations. When Coach David Gibbs called for the nickel unit, cornerback Justin Phinisee would join the unit. Phinisee is playing his first year with the Chiefs, and can play any position in the secondary. He is competing with a lot of other talented players for a roster spot.

The 7-on-7 moved to the red zone area, but most of the passing plays weren't aimed for the end zone, just quick out passes. The red zone defense needs work from last season when it ranked 23rd.

Defensive tackle Alfonso Boone hurt his left hand on a play. As he stood on the sideline taking off his tape and glove three trainers came over to take a look at his injury. They looked at his hand for about five minutes and then one of them followed him in the locker room ending his practice for the day.
Special Teams

Punter Dustin Colquitt worked on his punting form with two Chiefs staff members near the end of afternoon practice. One of the staff members fired the ball to Colquitt, who caught it and dropped it, stopping just short of the kick. The tosses to him were varied, including several only a few inches off of the ground.

Fans

Fresh from the Packers' training camp in De Pere, Wis., Vicki Mullins, Chad Bryse, and Doug Olund with daughter Nikki, all of Hudson, Wis., were taking in a little Chiefs action in River Falls today before heading home. Mullins, originally from Kansas City, was excited to be out there cheering on her team. Mullins is also one of the many volunteers that help make the training camp possible.

Colin Edwards, 8, of Hudson, Wis., kept cool while sitting in the shade enjoying a frozen lemonade from the concession stand. Edwards' favorite player is fullback Boomer Grigsby. “I want a mohawk just like him, but my mom said no,” said Edwards. This is his second time coming to the Chiefs' Summer Training Camp and he is hoping to get an autograph from as many players as he can.

Katie Nelson, a senior at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, was at afternoon practice today. This is the first time Nelson has ever been to a Chiefs practice, and said she had a great time. Aside from the heat, Nelson enjoyed watching her favorite players, including tight end Tony Gonzalez, and quarterback Brodie Croyle. Nelson also plans to attend Family Fun Night on Aug. 8, and hopes to receive these players’ autographs.

Aaron Bistram, from Grantsburg, Wis., was enjoying his first time at Chiefs camp. He mentioned that it is exciting watching the players and being able to hear Head Coach Herm Edwards’ calls. Some of Bistram’s favorite Chiefs players include running backs Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson, tight end Tony Gonzalez, and linebacker Derrick Johnson.

Kelly and Ann Sheridan, from Olathe, Kan., were having a great time relaxing under umbrellas in the shade. The mother and daughter have been coming to camp for seven years, and had to leave Ann’s husband, Tim, at home this summer due to work. Kelly and Ann love coming to River Falls for Chiefs camp each summer because “it is usually not as hot as Kansas, and the people are very accommodating.” Kelly, whose all-time favorite player is running back Larry Johnson, hopes that he will be back with the team soon. The Sheridans are also both fans of tight end Tony Gonzalez and running back Priest Holmes.

Todd and Teresa Green from Papillion, Neb., came back to Chiefs camp today after a 10-year hiatus. “I became a Chiefs fan when I was little because my dad took me to games,” said Todd. “When Teresa and I hooked up she was kind of a half-Miami Dolphins fan and half Chiefs fan, and I converted her.” Teresa named her favorite player as defensive end Jimmy Wilkerson, as they both count Oklahoma as their alma mater. She even had a special jersey made with his name and number, which Wilkerson signed yesterday. The Greens were able to take in more Wisconsin entertainment on their vacation before coming to camp. “It ended up being good timing because we were up here for the Jimmy Buffet concert in East Troy, Wisconsin,” said Todd.

Extra, Extra...

UWRF student Laura Wojchik from Amery, Wis., staffed a popular place this afternoon: the Falcon Foods ice cream stand. Wojchik, a marketing communications major, counts working for Falcon Foods, the on-campus cheese, meat, and ice cream supplier, as her summer job. She assists in marketing, selling, and even making the ice cream. “Today’s best-selling flavor has been cookie dough,” said Wojchik. “Ice cream is selling so fast we’re going to have to make more on Wednesday.” Also on sale at Falcon Foods are beef sticks, water, and cheese curds ready for the deep fryer. “People ask me what cheese curds are all the time,” said Wojchik. She stays cool in her stand with the help of a fan, and of course, a little ice cream now and then.

Working the sleds after practice today was fullbacks Boomer Grigsby, Greg Hanoian, Gilbert Harris, and tight end Kris Wilson. Wide receivers Brad Ekwerekwu, Chris Hannon, and Brent Little took the opportunity to catch passes from the Juggs machine.

Quarterback Brodie Croyle took the podium after practice for a six minute interview with the press. He approached the stand and asked if it was okay to set his foot up on the podium step. The Alabama alum said that his experience with the attention of fans during his tenure as a collegiate athlete has helped him with the spotlight in the NFL. When asked what the difference between a first-year and a second-year quarterback Croyle explained, “It’s a huge difference. I actually get to play this year.” He later went on to say that he did not expect to be competing for a starting spot so soon into his career but was excited for the opportunity to do so. Croyle shared that his preparation for this summer’s training camp was no different then last year. Going into last year’s training camp, Croyle said he knew he was the number three. Croyle believes the coaches have not made any decisions regarding this year's starting quarterback yet. “They won’t make a decision I wouldn’t think until the end of pre-season,” said Croyle. He was quick to say that you can feel like a team is yours, but you cannot call the team yours until you prove to them on Sundays that you are going to make plays and win games for it. Croyle also explained that he still has to work on some things like getting up the ball quicker and not forcing things. “That’s what training camp is for: to get better and improve on the things I need to improve on,” he said. The session ended with a few questions on the quarterback’s recent wedding. He said he has not experienced life a married man yet because he has been at training camp; the only difference is he “has to wear a ring.”

After most players left the field, a few got in some extra work on the Juggs machine catching punts. Wide receivers Titus Ryan and Ean Randolph, along with cornerback Justin Phinisee took reps for about 15 minutes.

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Kcchiefs.com has a summary of the day as well.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/07/30/river_falls_wrap_day_five/

RIVER FALLS WRAP: DAY FIVE
Jul 30, 2007, 6:55:04 PM

By Josh Looney

Camping with the Chiefs - Day 5 - FLASH | Windows | Real

Breakdown: Herm Edwards carried a fiery attitude with him into today’s AM practice. The head coach could be heard barking relentlessly to players about everything from fumbling to finishing plays through the whistle.

“This is probably the toughest week in training camp for all 32 teams,” Edwards commented after practice. “This is the toughest week because players are getting a little agitated by mid-week and there are a lot of pads involved this week. We’re no different than a lot of other teams, so I anticipate the tempo to stay the same and us to get better.”

The Red and Gold returned to the practice fields at 3:45 PM and bore full pads for the second time in as many practices. Edwards continued to push his squad through the afternoon heat stressing an up-tempo pace and mental toughness. Today’s practices may have been the most taxing for players this camp.

Hidden Gems: Two players jostling for time in Kansas City’s offensive backfield are players who weren’t necessarily at the forefront of the spotlight with their respective collegiate teams. Nonetheless, these two backs have both looked impressive thus far in training camp and have drawn positive reviews from Herm Edwards.

2007 fifth-round draft pick RB Kolby Smith had started only two career games at Louisville prior to his senior campaign. The versatile runner was slated to back up Heisman hopeful RB Michael Bush (selected in the 4th round by Oakland) in 2006, but Bush suffered a broken leg and Smith was thrust into the starting role by Week Four. He seized his opportunity by rushing for a career-high 891 yards on 154 carries (he only logged a total of 162 carries in his first three collegiate seasons combined) in his senior season.

Rookie free agent RB Marcus O’Keith started only one game during his career at the University of California. The hasty runner’s lack of starts wasn’t due to lack ability, but rather because of the simple fact that 2007 first-round draft pick RB Marshawn Lynch (12th overall, selected by Buffalo) roamed the Golden Bears backfield at the same time as O’Keith. In 46 collegiate games as a reserve, O’Keith still managed to show NFL scouts enough to be offered an NFL contract last April.

These two players are a true testament that if you have NFL talent, scouts will find you. Smith and O’Keith might have been buried in the depth charts behind NFL talent for much of the college careers, but both have patiently waited their turn and are now making waves in an NFL training camp.

Intrigued By Ean: Yesterday we profiled the candidates in Chiefs camp competing for the club’s punt and kickoff returner position vacated by Pro Bowl returner Dante Hall. Since last night I’ve had a handful of emails from fans asking about the prospects of former Big East Special Teams Player of the Year WR Ean Randolph. I caught up with Ean as took extra return reps on the jugs machine after today’s morning practice.

JL: Ean, I’ve received a lot of emails from fans asking what it’s going to take for you to earn the job as the Chiefs primary return man. What do you think it’s going to take for you to secure that role?

ER: “Hard work for one and then I’ve got to make sure I field every kick cleanly. If I just keep listening to (special teams) Coach Priefer I’ll be fine.”

JL: You fielded punts from the jugs machine for about 10 minutes after practice ended. Are you working on changing anything specific about your return game?

ER: “I’m running at kicks from a lot of different directions to get different looks and make sure I’m able to track the ball. I’m also working on keeping my elbows inside when I field the kick, because that was one of my problems in college. I used to just catch the ball with my hands, but I’m really focusing on having my elbows in every time now.”

A New Role For Allen: Unable to play in the first regular season two games of 2007, one of DE Jared Allen’s roles on the team will be to help younger defensive lineman prepare to play in his absence. After the AM session, an NFL Films crews filmed Allen as he worked on release techniques with recently-acquired DT Patrice Majondo-Mwamba.

Shifting Through The Secondary: In 2006, S Jarrad Page served as a nickel safety for much of the season. This year, however, Page is seeking a starting role in the Chiefs defensive backfield. Thus far in camp, Page and S Bernard Pollard have been working as safeties with the first unit while veteran safeties Greg Wesley and Jon McGraw have been taking second-team reps.

In the early stages of this training camp CB Tyron Brackenridge, a rookie free agent out of Washington State and fourth-year CB Benny Sapp have been rotating with the first-team defense at the nickel corner position. Other candidates for the nickel slot include CBs Michael Bragg, Marcus Maxey, Dimitri Patterson, Justin Phinisee and Will Poole.

Plays Of The Day:
AM Session: RB Michael Bennett notched a handful of nice runs this morning; his most impressive carry coming on an isolation play up the middle that he broke into the secondary. S Jarrad Page also added an interception when QB Damon Huard was pressured and under-threw WR Jeff Webb on a deep route down the right sideline.

PM Session: Chiefs defenders intercepted two batted passes this afternoon. During seven-on-seven drills S Jon McGraw broke in front of a route, batting the ball up in the air for LB William Kershaw to intercept. In teamwork coming out of the Chiefs own end zone, S Bernard Pollard continued his pickoff parade this camp by batting a ball in the air and taking the interception back for six.

Big Stix: When the offense and defense came together for 11-on-11 work this morning, there were a number of hits that caused fans’ heads to turn, but the most noteworthy strike might have been one that was not allowed to happen. DE Jimmy Wilkerson beat T Kyle Turley around the right offensive edge for a clear path at the jaw of QB Casey Printers as the former CFL star turned out of a play-action fake. Luckily for Printers, whistles blew and Wilkerson peeled off path as defenders are restricted from touching quarterbacks.

Look Who’s Talking:
S Bernard Pollard: “Whoa, whoa…sorry 87.“
WR Eddie Kennison: “You’re good big man…this is football buddy.“
- A conversation after Pollard tackled Kennison to the ground following a reception in the two-minute drill, a drill where players are told to stay off of the ground.

“Timeout! Get the offense some water; the defense too…you’re an equal opportunity trainer.“
-Herm Edwards commenting to trainers during the two-minute drill

Look Ahead: The Chiefs will add another pair of practices to their schedule on Tuesday, marking their second straight day of two-a-day practices. Sessions are scheduled for 9:00 AM and 3:45 PM.

You Asked It: Submit your questions to River Falls Wrap, Chiefs Chatter and Camping With The Chiefs by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.

Kevin A. from Kansas City: “Having the Hard Knocks film crew running around seems like it could be a distraction. Are players acting any different? Is having the film crew there a positive for what they are trying to accomplish?”

JL: At first it was a little different seeing camera crews along the sidelines and in meetings during the first couple days of camp, but the crews have pretty much blended into the scenery at this point. NFL Films is working with the team to tell the story of an NFL training camp. There’s a certain give-and-take that goes on every day. So far none of the camera bearers have been run over during practices, but one did get a little too close for comfort to one of the sleds yesterday. As for the players acting differently because of the cameras, certainly a few of the guys have taken advantage of the opportunity to ham it up a little, but for the most part, having cameras around is part of professional athletes. The essence of Hard Knocks is capturing the fact that professional football isn’t a 9-to-5 job, it’s a seven-day-a-week occupation, especially in training camp. Hopefully, Chiefs fans will get some further insight into some of the grueling schedule that training camp entails, in addition to showing the lighter side of your favorite players and coaches.

Will from Kansas City, KS: “If I read the training camp schedule correctly, the yearly Family Fun Night is scheduled for Wednesday, August 8th. If this is correct, can I ask why that date was chosen?”

JL: You did read the camp schedule correctly Will. The Chiefs have frequently hosted their annual Family Fun Night on Saturday evenings. This year’s camp schedule, however, created a bit of a scheduling quirk since the Chiefs host the Vikings in an evening scrimmage on Saturday, August 4th, meaning the stadium will be crowded with both Chiefs and Vikings fans. A focal feature of FFN is an opportunity for Chiefs fans to get autographs from their favorite players and those opportunities would most likely be sparse that night. The following Saturday is also unavailable as the Chiefs play at Cleveland. In the end, the decision to hold FFN on August 8th was made in order to accommodate Chiefs fans without disrupting the club’s normal practice schedule more than necessary.

Hydrae
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Many fans may believe that the offensive line is set, but at question is who will fill the right tackle position. Tackles Herb Taylor, Kevin Sampson, and Chris Terry are ones to watch for the spot.

Turley???

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
The other outstanding play of the day would have been a game changing play, and was completely an individual effort. Safety Bernard Pollard rushed quarterback Brodie Croyle breaking through the line with his hands high in the air. Pollard jumped and tipped Croyle's pass attempt to the right side. Pollard was able to stay with the ball and make the interception on the play.
There is just no way this kid disappoints.

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Turley???
Yeah, I think the author of these pieces is some dude who just knows squat about the team.

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Kennison knows where his feet are.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-013.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Honestly, I don't even know if he'll make the team, but I love Phinisee's look.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-035.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Boone gets to Croyle. Beat Waters.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-111.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I don't know if Holmes is in football shape, but I know he's in better shape than me.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-115.jpg

KC Jones
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Where the hell are my gawd damn nachos!!!!

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-128.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:14 PM
McBride continues his dominance in one-on-one drills.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-163.jpg

KC Jones
07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
LJ really let himself go this offseason :shake:

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-186.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:16 PM
The Mexitackle shuts down DE Michael Heard in the one-on-ones.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-178.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Holding! Tre Stallings holds James Reed.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-184.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Kiki Gonzalez beats Chris Bober.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-190.jpg

pikesome
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Notice that Hannon's name has been mentioned again in the after practice practice? He must really, really want a starting spot.

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Casey Wiegmann doing what he does best.

This time joined by Will Svitek and Kris Wilson.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-207.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Seconds later... Kris Wilson can't block Page.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-210.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
DJ gets to Croyle on a blitz.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-245.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Not sure what's going on here.

Might be Phinisee stripping the ball out of Croyle's hand on a corner blitz.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-258.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Good god.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-287.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Reading the play.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-324.jpg

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Fumble on the snap! Terrell and Scanlon are right there.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-347.jpg

FAX
07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
The Bishop of Cantonbury?

By the way, this is absolutely the best camp coverage we've ever had on the Planet so far as I can recall. Many prop things to all involved.

FAX

Sully
07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
The Mexitackle shuts down DE Michael Heard in the one-on-ones.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-178.jpg
That is absolutely horrible technique. Any real DL would throw him on his face.

Priest4Prez
07-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Good god.

ROFL

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 08:48 PM
1. Wesley is already second team. Boy I bet he is pissed off. I love it.

2. Does Hard Knocks follow them off the field?

3. Every practice has a picture of Croyle doing his falling-backwards-gay-elf-jump-pass-with-hand-flair...wish he'd cut that out

CoMoChief
07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
3. Every practice has a picture of Croyle doing his falling-backwards-gay-elf-jump-pass-with-hand-flair...wish he'd cut that out

I noticed that too. He needs to cut that shit out. He looks like Plummer.

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Donnie cruising down the line of scrimmage...

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-266.jpg

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 09:12 PM
our fearless leader...

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-323.jpg

Ceej
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
God, disregarding his age, it's ****ing great seeing DE back in red and gold.

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 09:14 PM
FUMBLE!

(I bet it is Huard!)

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-346.jpg

FAX
07-30-2007, 09:15 PM
... falling-backwards-gay-elf-jump-pass-with-hand-flair ...

ROFL

FAX

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Anyone know this coach?

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-400.jpg

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Croyle: "Yes, Gannon warned me about Denise...."

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-412.jpg

DMAC
07-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I've been curious as to how the players are reacting to HBO being there.

Is it a distraction? Or are they working harder because they know the nation is watching.

Probably a little of both.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-162.jpg

the Talking Can
07-30-2007, 09:22 PM
This is Priest after 22 months off...

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-557.jpg

Ceej
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
He's even wearing a Longhorns helmet, lol.

splatbass
07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Good god.

Marty, looking for a job?

splatbass
07-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Anyone know this coach?

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-400.jpg

He's not a coach, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

TEX
07-30-2007, 09:39 PM

Yep. That's gonna be 6 the other way.

FAX
07-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Yep. That's gonna be 6 the other way.

Fiddleflaps. The elf-jump gives him extraordinary velocity on those throws.

FAX

Direckshun
07-30-2007, 10:15 PM
FUMBLE!

(I bet it is Huard!)

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070730pm/full/070730-PM-346.jpg
#15. Has to be Jeff Terrell.

Rich Scanlon's right there, and from the looks of the next couple pictures, it looks like Scanlon beat him to the ball but let Terrell have it due to the no-contact rule.

C-Mac
07-30-2007, 10:37 PM

This picture has soooo many things wrong with it.

Discuss Thrower
07-30-2007, 11:09 PM
He's not a coach, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Oh BUGGER, I was going to say the exact same thing.

boogblaster
07-31-2007, 05:21 AM
NICE .. good work ....