PDA

View Full Version : The Hall Of Disasters

FAX
07-31-2007, 12:55 PM
I enjoy visiting the Hall of Classics area from time to time. There are some good threads in there, for sure. Anyway, after reading the thread regarding the possible waning interest in ChiefsPlanet, I started thinking about ways to improve things around here and I considered lots of options. These included the possibility of having Mr. Baby Lee approve all posts in advance, restricting Mr. Rain Man's posts to nude pictures of Salma Hayek, and posting threads about spider exterminations on Tuesdays and Fridays only. Then it hit me and that's when I decided to post this intriguing new thread idea which I like to call, "The Hall Of Disasters".

There are a lot of N00bs (sp?) on the board and I imagine that, as the season unfolds and Mr. Phobia's popularity increases, more will arrive. So, I was thinking that a Hall of Disasters would be a good idea. It would be a place N00bs (sp?) could visit to see what thread ideas suck a club. If successful, the Hall of Disasters would lead to fewer bad threads and, therefore, a more positive Planet experience overall.

I know a lot of my threads would be there as well as many of Mr. Donger's and that's unfortunate. Nevertheless, I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. I am envisioning a place where bad threads could be nominated and maintained both for posterity and the everlasting shame of the thread maker person.

So, what do you think? Is this a good idea, or what?

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if re-post.

CosmicPal
07-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Misery loves company.

Frazod
07-31-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't know if we really need a Hall of Disasters thread, but that waning interest thread was both unpleasant and depressing. I'm glad I was at a Cubs game last night instead of participating in the infancy stages of that piece of crap.

Plus the Cubs lost! :thumb:

Reerun_KC
07-31-2007, 01:18 PM
I thought "The Lounge" was turning into the "Hall of Disasters?"

Donger
07-31-2007, 01:18 PM
I enjoy visiting the Hall of Classics area from time to time. There are some good threads in there, for sure. Anyway, after reading the thread regarding the possible waning interest in ChiefsPlanet, I started thinking about ways to improve things around here and I considered lots of options. These included the possibility of having Mr. Baby Lee approve all posts in advance, restricting Mr. Rain Man's posts to nude pictures of Salma Hayek, and posting threads about spider exterminations on Tuesdays and Fridays only. Then it hit me and that's when I decided to post this intriguing new thread idea which I like to call, "The Hall Of Disasters".

There are a lot of N00bs (sp?) on the board and I imagine that, as the season unfolds and Mr. Phobia's popularity increases, more will arrive. So, I was thinking that a Hall of Disasters would be a good idea. It would be a place N00bs (sp?) could visit to see what thread ideas suck a club. If successful, the Hall of Disasters would lead to fewer bad threads and, therefore, a more positive Planet experience overall.

I know a lot of my threads would be there as well as many of Mr. Donger's and that's unfortunate. Nevertheless, I think it's an idea worthy of consideration. I am envisioning a place where bad threads could be nominated and maintained both for posterity and the everlasting shame of the thread maker person.

So, what do you think? Is this a good idea, or what?

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if re-post.

Why would any of my threads end up there?

StcChief
07-31-2007, 01:21 PM
It would be full of threads. bad idea. keep good, toss the bad

FAX
07-31-2007, 01:23 PM

Well, there was that thing about the one-eyed gator, Mr. Donger.

FAX

Radar Chief
07-31-2007, 01:24 PM

I could be wrong but I think he just said you suck. :Poke:

FAX
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
It would be full of threads. bad idea. keep good, toss the bad

The Hall of Disasters wouldn't be for "just bad" threads, Mr. StcChief. You're right. If it were for "just bad" threads, there wouldn't be any point.

The Hall of Disasters would be reserved for the most horrifying, brainsickening, doltish threads. That's why they would have to be nominated and all. Sort of like the way Canada elects their parliamentary leaders.

FAX

Donger
07-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, there was that thing about the one-eyed gator, Mr. Donger.

FAX

I never miss an opportunity to strike an optic nerve.

Donger
07-31-2007, 01:33 PM
I could be wrong but I think he just said you suck. :Poke:

Yes, I suppose it could be read that way. Although, it would appear that FAX seems to think he sucks as well. Therefore, we both suck.

Radar Chief
07-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes, I suppose it could be read that way. Although, it would appear that FAX seems to think he sucks as well. Therefore, we both suck.

Well, when you put it that way it sounds like he’s hitting on you. :eek: