PDA

View Full Version : Bonds vs. History vs. the Dodgers: I'm going!

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 02:04 PM
I know where most of you guys stand on the Barry Bonds issue, but just thought I'd share that I have an opportunity to witness history. I just scored two pairs of awesome tickets, so I'm going to Dodgers Stadium on Wednesday & Thursday night this week in hopes of seeing him either tie or surpass the home run record.

These will be the most important baseball games that I've witnessed since the Royals beat the Cardinals in the '85 World Series and I'm really looking forward to these games!

UPDATE 1:

So, we arrive at the ballpark last night just in time to see Bonds' first at-bat, but not from our seats. EVERYONE in the stadium was on their feet and there was a massive electricity in the air. In addition to that, at least half of the spectators were booing so loudly that I couldn't even think! I don't know how Bonds could think either.

So, Bonds flies out, the entire stadium cheers (though about half full at this point) and we make our way to get Dodger Dogs and Beer.

We make it to our seats, just behind home plate. Amazing seats. There were C-List celebs everywhere in our section. It felt like some sort of VH-1 Reality show (though we did get to meet Tommy Lasorda, which was cool).

Bonds comes up in the 4th and my buddy says "This is it! This is history!!". Well, not so much. Bonds hits a week grounder to the infield and he's out.

Top of the 8th - This is where it gets really interesting. Ray Durham is up to bat and Bonds walks into the on deck circle. The crowd immediately starts booing at the mere site of Bonds. It's clearly obvious that the pressure and the fans as getting to Bonds, as I notice is FLY IS OPEN!. Now, keep in mind we're only about 20 feet from Bonds, but since Lasik earlier this year, I have 20/15 vision. So I say to my buddy, "Hey, isn't Bonds' fly open?". He grabs his camera (some old POS) and while trying to turn it on, I hear a guy behind us yell "Hey Bonds, your fly is open!!". Barry continues to swing his bat. About 20 seconds go by. So I said screw it. "Hey Barry, your fly is open!!". He finally looks down, then zips up his pants! About 100 or so people in the vicinity start laughing! It was unreal.

THEN, to top it off, Barry starts walking to the Batter's Box while Ray Durham is still at bat! The count was 2 & 2 and Barry was so out of it, I guess he thought Ray struck out! So more hilarity ensues.

So Bonds makes it to the plate, takes the count to 2-0 and the Dodgers decide to intentionally walk him. The stadium goes NUTS with Boos! I was booing my ass off. $100 ticket behind home plate to see Bonds and Grady decides to walk him?!!!

I guess the only thing that angers Dodgers fans more than Barry Bonds is Grady Little's decision to walk him. So that was it.

But Nomar hit a 2-run home run and as soon as I heard it, I knew it was gone. That was cool!!!

More tomorrow...

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah, you know where I stand on Bonds, but have fun.

If he does do it there, you might be the only person in Dodger Stadium not booing his ass off.....

:)

ClevelandBronco
07-31-2007, 02:09 PM
A shit sport like baseball deserves a fraud like Barry.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Have fun, history in the making.

bogie
07-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Enjoy it. For your sake, I hope he plays.

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2007, 03:44 PM
I guess it says a lot about baseball's waning popularity that some crazy mother****er hasn't tried to kill him yet.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Enjoy it. For your sake, I hope he plays.

Thanks! Well, the word is that he won't play tonight unless they need him as a pinch hitter. He rested yesterday in his Beverly Hills home and he's supposed to sit out tonight as well. That's the reason why I got tickets for Wednesday & Thursday. After a couple of days rest, he may be ready to jack a couple.

ChiefsCountry
07-31-2007, 03:48 PM
I really dont know why everybody is so geared up about Bonds breaking the record, heck I bet A-Rod will beat it anyways.

kcxiv
07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
He always breaks a ****ing record against the Dodgers. This is my team. I expect it to happen again. I hope it doesnt, but Dodgers/Giants games are very very hated rivals, i will be tuning in for sure.

kcxiv
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
I really dont know why everybody is so geared up about Bonds breaking the record, heck I bet A-Rod will beat it anyways.
I agree with you, but his body has to hold up. Bonds's body broke down the last few years. Playing any professional sport for 18 years takes a huge toll on the body. Especially from a everyday player. I dont like Arod at all, but i rather him take Bonds glory.

So here's to Dodgers sweeping the gints and Barry breaking that shit somewhere else.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
He always breaks a ****ing record against the Dodgers. This is my team. I expect it to happen again. I hope it doesnt, but Dodgers/Giants games are very very hated rivals, i will be tuning in for sure.

Yea hopefully the Dodgers get creamed. I hear that place is almost as bad as the black hole these days.

bogie
07-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks! Well, the word is that he won't play tonight unless they need him as a pinch hitter. He rested yesterday in his Beverly Hills home and he's supposed to sit out tonight as well. That's the reason why I got tickets for Wednesday & Thursday. After a couple of days rest, he may be ready to jack a couple.

I'll be watching. However, I find it unlikely he'll break the record away from San Fran. Who knows? Where are your seats any chance you can catch the life changing home run?

Brock
07-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Enjoy the sound of chirping crickets, Barry.

bogie
07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Yea hopefully the Dodgers get creamed. I hear that place is almost as bad as the black hole these days.

You hear WAY wrong.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2007, 03:59 PM
You hear WAY wrong.

Well I mean other than the fact that the fans show up in the 3rd inning and leave in the 6th. LMAO

88TG88
07-31-2007, 04:01 PM
chea

Adept Havelock
07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Enjoy the sound of chirping crickets, Barry.

Will the crickets be audible over the sounds of tens of thousands of booing Dodgers fans? PBJ PBJ

kcxiv
07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
**** that. **** the Giants. Dodgers fan since birth and til death.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2007, 04:08 PM
**** that. **** the Giants. Dodgers fan since birth and til death.

You know you got a picture of Barry on your wall.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 04:13 PM

Well, he's got to hit 255 more home runs to even catch Bonds at this point. That's a lot of home runs. Some people felt that Griffey was gonna get there too but his body has broken down several times.

But regardless of whether or not A-Rod gets there, I'm hoping I get to see Bonds tie or break the record. No matter how long the record lasts, I would at least be able to say that I was there when he broke it.

That is, of course, if he hits any home runs in the next three days.

TinyEvel
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Nice, Bro. Dodger stadium in evening games are suhweet.

Let me know if you need a bleacher buddy.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 04:16 PM

I'm in with a group of guys and we have 10 regular season games each. Our tickets on about 5 rows up from first base and the view is absolutely amazing. I've been to 7 games so far this year and the Dodgers have won all but one of those games (Father's Day). And for the most part, people stay until the very end.

The only time I left early this season is when the Phillies beat the Dodgers 15-1. We bailed in the 8th but not before seeing Ryan Howard jack a couple of homers. That boy has power!

Rain Man
07-31-2007, 04:18 PM
If you catch his home run ball, throw it back onto the field.

dtebbe
07-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Make sure you get one of those cool asterisk T-shirts to wear. What an awesome idea!

DT

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Nice, Bro. Dodger stadium in evening games are suhweet.

Let me know if you need a bleacher buddy.

Well, I got these tickets through a friend at the Sports Information department at the Dodgers. They're behind home plate. Otherwise, I'd cut you in!

I've got a few games left on my package and I'll try to get you out to one of those before season's up.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm in with a group of guys and we have 10 regular season games each. Our tickets on about 5 rows up from first base and the view is absolutely amazing. I've been to 7 games so far this year and the Dodgers have won all but one of those games (Father's Day). And for the most part, people stay until the very end.

The only time I left early this season is when the Phillies beat the Dodgers 15-1. We bailed in the 8th but not before seeing Ryan Howard jack a couple of homers. That boy has power!

I am huge Lakers fan but can't stand the Dodgers. It still goes up my ass a mile the Jeff Kent ended up there. A number of years back I thought I was going to get Raul Mondesi to charge the stands. I was sitting right next to the Dodgers on deck area and kept talking about how huge his head was and told him he should put some antlers on that bad boy. He struck out all day. People were howling.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
LMAO

TinyEvel
07-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I think GoChiefs works in the Sports Information department at WPI.

And leave your package out of this.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 04:24 PM

Nah, I'd rather just send to Rain Man.

Rain Man
07-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Nah, I'd rather just send to Rain Man.

That'll work, too.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 04:28 PM
I am huge Lakers fan but can't stand the Dodgers. It still goes up my ass a mile the Jeff Kent ended up there. A number of years back I thought I was going to get Raul Mondesi to charge the stands. I was sitting right next to the Dodgers on deck area and kept talking about how huge his head was and told him he should put some antlers on that bad boy. He struck out all day. People were howling.

I lived in the Bay Area shortly after I first moved to Cali back in 1993. I followed the Giants everyday and it really pissed me off when MLB added the Wild Card because it took all the drama out of close races like the Giants & Dodgers. Those games meant so much, especially that year when both teams won over 100 games each.

Anyway, I've always rooted for both teams, since my main team, The Royals are 2,000 miles away.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2007, 05:01 PM
I lived in the Bay Area shortly after I first moved to Cali back in 1993. I followed the Giants everyday and it really pissed me off when MLB added the Wild Card because it took all the drama out of close races like the Giants & Dodgers. Those games meant so much, especially that year when both teams won over 100 games each.

Anyway, I've always rooted for both teams, since my main team, The Royals are 2,000 miles away.

I am going to be in Carson for the American National Jiu-Jitsu Championship August 30th most likely if I can stay healthy. Be cool to see some of you guys down there if that happens.

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I am going to be in Carson for the American National Jiu-Jitsu Championship August 30th most likely if I can stay healthy. Be cool to see some of you guys down there if that happens.

If I'm in town that weekend, I'll try to make time. Shoot a PM and good luck!

Demonpenz
07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
I am glad this is happening during the summer when kids are out of school. I think when there is a huge event during school like this kids should be allowed to watch. I remember i got to watch alittle bit when the challenger exploded. Hopefully the kids out there get too see history

Mojo Rising
07-31-2007, 05:31 PM

Barry will eventually break the record. The Giants will likely lose that day and Giants fans will still be happy. I guess when you're in last place and have no hope for team success, individual success' are all you can root for.

Meanwhile the Dodgers are in 1st.

My Dad and brothers will also be their Wed and Thur in the RF bleachers.

tk13
07-31-2007, 08:10 PM
The game is about to start for anyone interested. This should be interesting.

Rain Man
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
I am glad this is happening during the summer when kids are out of school. I think when there is a huge event during school like this kids should be allowed to watch. I remember i got to watch alittle bit when the challenger exploded. Hopefully the kids out there get too see history

I still remember where I was the day that Gary Anderson broke the all-time points scored record.

88TG88
07-31-2007, 09:44 PM
I heard anyone wearing a shirt with a derogatory term aimed at Barry or an asterisk will be forced to take it off.

SPchief
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
I heard anyone wearing a shirt with a derogatory term aimed at Barry or an asterisk will be forced to take it off.

That's bullshit

SPchief
07-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Bonds is done for the night. 0-1, 2 walks and reached on an error.

07-31-2007, 10:25 PM

So no Buck Farry shirts huh?

crazycoffey
07-31-2007, 10:31 PM
so no history made tonight?

DaneMcCloud
07-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Nope, not tonight. But hopefully when I'm there Wednesday & Thursday night. ;)

Rain Man
07-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Do they think Barry doesn't know?

88TG88
07-31-2007, 11:55 PM
That's bullshit
agreed

Thig Lyfe
08-01-2007, 12:20 AM

I would so do that. I'd be a badass forever.

DaneMcCloud
08-01-2007, 01:22 AM
I would so do that. I'd be a badass forever.

Kinda like Steve Bartman? :p

StcChief
08-01-2007, 06:42 AM
Just throw at his ribs. F Bonds.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Updated from last night