07-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Also Pollard dislocated a finger.

dirk digler
07-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Are they close to signing or far apart?

petegz28
07-31-2007, 03:11 PM

Well all she said was he has not signed and he is not on his way to camp.

keg in kc
07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
Are they close to signing or far apart?610 did not specify, but before she came on the air, bland and blander were talking about how the deal has apparently been closer than the Chiefs have been leading everyone to believe. Bowe's agent thought there was a chance they'd sign by Saturday (when he didn't, he few to workout with JaMarcus Russel). They then went on to say that the latest rumors were "maybe by Wednesday". That matches what NBC 41 was reporting a day or so ago.

petegz28
07-31-2007, 03:13 PM
so is this Bowe or Peterson screwing this?

Planetman
07-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Also Pollard dislocated a finger.
GAH! DON'T PRINT 'EM YET!!!

dirk digler
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM
610 did not specify, but before she came on the air, bland and blander were talking about how the deal has apparently been closer than the Chiefs have been leading everyone to believe. Bowe's agent thought there was a chance they'd sign by Saturday (when he didn't, he few to workout with JaMarcus Russel). They then went on to say that the latest rumors were "maybe by Wednesday". That matches what NBC 41 was reporting a day or so ago.

Thanks again Keg.

petegz28
07-31-2007, 03:14 PM
I think a dislocated finger doesn't spell disaster for a safety

Planetman
07-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I think a dislocated finger doesn't spell disaster for a safety
It's obvious you're missing the dripping sarcasm. If I give you a dollar, will you run out and purchase a sense of humor?

Mr. Laz
07-31-2007, 03:17 PM
a little of both, i'm sure.

the agent wants to pressure the chiefs for a better deal by holding out

carl is generally a crap negotiator

noa
07-31-2007, 03:17 PM

Brady Queen

RustShack
07-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Maybe they have the deal, it just hasn't officially been signed yet. Maybe it just happend and Moss isn't aware of it yet.

Pollard should be good to go by the start of the season, If I were him I just wouldn't go for anymore interceptions or anything like that during camp.

petegz28
07-31-2007, 03:19 PM
It's obvious you're missing the dripping sarcasm. If I give you a dollar, will you run out and purchase a sense of humor?

Fool I was not commenting on your post I was making a general comment. Don't flatter yourself so much.

Silock
07-31-2007, 03:20 PM
That bitch needs to make up her mind.

ct
07-31-2007, 03:21 PM
well I'm glad rhonduh cleared all that up

HemiEd
07-31-2007, 03:22 PM
carl is generally a crap negotiator

WTF? ROFL

HemiEd
07-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Fool I was not commenting on your post I was making a general comment. Don't flatter yourself so much.

Well hey fool, why did you have to start another thread for this. It couldn't have gone in one of the other Bowe threads, maybe even the one asking for a link if he is signed?

petegz28
07-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Well hey fool, why did you have to start another thread for this. It couldn't have gone in one of the other Bowe threads, maybe even the one asking for a link if he is signed?

I just wanted to give you another place to bitch at me.

HemiEd
07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I just wanted to give you another place to bitch at me.

Quit taking yourself so serious, you were bitching at Planetman.

FAX
07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
If someone would tell me who to bitch at, I would gladly join in.

FAX

unothadeal
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
If someone would tell me who to bitch at, I would gladly join in.

FAX
You can bitch at me if it'll make you feel better.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Brady Queen
i just don't understand it ... unless this is sarcasm of course.

cause if that were true then nobody behind Bowe would be signed either.

some general managers can work without the help of the slotting being set and some can't.

carl can't/won't

NCarlsCorner2
07-31-2007, 03:32 PM

I heard this morning on am810 that the Chiefs have not even made him any kind of offer at all up to this point.

petegz28
Quit taking yourself so serious, you were bitching at Planetman.

Um no I wasn't. You can assume what you want. It's a free country. I won't try to stop you.

Brock
I would guess the agent is the one more interested in the slotting at this point.

noa
07-31-2007, 03:36 PM
i just don't understand it ... unless this is sarcasm of course.

cause it it was true then nobody behind Bowe would be signed either.

some general manages can work without the help of the slotting being set and some can't.

carl can't/won't

It makes sense if you're Ethan Locke. You think that Tom Condon is going to get Queen more money than the average #22 pick, so you wait for that to happen and take advantage of that leverage.
A couple posters on here said that Locke wouldn't even consider completing a deal until Queen's deal is done. I don't have a link unfortunately, but I find it believable.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2007, 03:44 PM
It makes sense if you're Ethan Locke. You think that Tom Condon is going to get Queen more money than the average #22 pick, so you wait for that to happen and take advantage of that leverage.
A couple posters on here said that Locke wouldn't even consider completing a deal until Queen's deal is done. I don't have a link unfortunately, but I find it believable.
then why haven't all the guys behind Bowe waited until the bump pushes up the slot money for everybody behind Quinn?

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3272/picture013tu1.jpg

noa
07-31-2007, 03:47 PM
then why haven't all the guys behind Bowe waited until the bump pushes up the slot money for everybody behind Quinn?

Because they aren't represented by Ethan Locke maybe.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4105663&postcount=8

Take it for what its worth. Speculation. If you don't want to believe it, don't believe it, but I think it makes sense.

LOCOChief
07-31-2007, 03:50 PM

streamlined the negotiations, I'll bet it helps to keep it simple because Locke must hate dealing with Peterson

Rasputin
07-31-2007, 03:52 PM

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3272/picture013tu1.jpg

Because they don't have Locke for an agent :hmmm: That's what I guess.

tomahawk kid
07-31-2007, 04:00 PM
She could hardly get the statement "Bowe has not signed and is not on his way to camp" before they got back to performing oral sex on Entercomm for landing the Royals.

I f#cking hate the sports media in this town.

Like the average fan gives a flying f#ck where the Royals games will be broadcast next season.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Because they aren't represented by Ethan Locke maybe.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4105663&postcount=8

Take it for what its worth. Speculation. If you don't want to believe it, don't believe it, but I think it makes sense.

i understand ...... but what about all the other agents Carl has had problems with?

just bad luck?

keg in kc
07-31-2007, 04:10 PM
i understand ...... but what about all the other agents Carl has had problems with?I get your point, although when was the last time he had a problem with an agent? Signings have been going smoothly since, I think, as far back as Sims in '02, and that one wasn't confrontational in any way as far as I recall. This one isn't either, from what I can tell. There's been no posturing in the press by either side, no shit-slinging, and it looks like the deal will be signed by the end of the week, meaning it's not much of a holdout. It would be another story if this was August 31st. There may even be a chance of Bowe playing on the 11th if he signs tomorrow (that's completely a guess on my part, obviously).

Mr. Laz
07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
I get your point, although when was the last time he had a problem with an agent? Signings have been going smoothly since, I think, as far back as Sims in '02, and that one wasn't confrontational in any way as far as I recall. This one isn't either, from what I can tell. There's been no posturing in the press by either side, no shit-slinging, and it looks like the deal will be signed by the end of the week, meaning it's not much of a holdout. It would be another story if this was August 31st. There may even be a chance of Bowe playing on the 11th if he signs tomorrow (that's completely a guess on my part, obviously).

i understand ..... i guess i'm just having a problem with this "Bowe hasn't signed because of the agent"

first off ...... it isn't really a "problem" until after the 1st week imo.

secondly, we've had waaaaaaay too many issues in term of negotiations with carl to ever not include it into the equation.

lastly, every argument about slotting is pretty much shot to crap when you look at the fact that almost everybody behind us as already signed.

i'm just sayin' :shrug:

keg in kc
07-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Well, I think it is part of the equation. Like I was saying last week, there's two parties at the dance. Both sides want what they want, and if they weren't all stubborn sob's they wouldn't be doing what they do. So, my guess it's not all Locke any more than it's all Carl. Hell, in the end, the holdup is probably over something you and I would find completely insignificant, some random voidable or incentive.