PDA

View Full Version : QB Culpepper close to deal with raiders

chiefbowe82
07-31-2007, 04:10 PM
NAPA, Calif. (July 31, 2007) -- The NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Oakland Raiders are prepared to sign Daunte Culpepper to a one-year contract -- assuming all goes well when the 30-year-old quarterback works out for the team.

Culpepper held a private workout for a member of the Raiders' personnel department July 30 in Florida and did well enough there to persuade the team to fly him out to California for an additional workout

"Anytime that we have a chance to investigate something that can help our team win, were going to do it," Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said. "Obviously Daunte is something that we've been looking into for a little bit. This is kind of the climax of it, working him out."

Culpepper began 2006 as Miami's starter but had trouble with his mobility and was sacked 21 times in the first four games. The Dolphins shut him down so he could continue rehabbing and eventually placed him on injured reserve. When they acquired Trent Green in a trade with Kansas City this offseason, Culpepper became expendable.

The Dolphins tried unsuccessfully to trade Culpepper a year after acquiring him from Minnesota. When Miami could find no takers, the former Pro Bowl quarterback was released on July 17. Culpepper met with Tampa Bay two days later but did not receive a contract offer.

The Raiders have an interest in Culpepper in part due to the holdout of No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell. Russell has yet to sign a contract with Oakland, and Kiffin indicated negotiations between the two sides had slowed.

Kiffin acknowledged that Russell's situation was a precursor to bringing Culpepper in for a workout.

"Sure it is," Kiffin said. "You've gotta protect your team (and) put yourselves in the best position to win and make sure that you have the right depth and competition at each spot."

JimNasium
07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Just like the Raiders to bring in a guy with questionable character to help the number one pick in the draft.

KCChiefsMan
07-31-2007, 04:25 PM

CoMoChief
07-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Just like the Raiders to bring in a guy with questionable character to help the number one pick in the draft.
How does Culpepper have questionable character?

Brock
07-31-2007, 05:41 PM
How does Culpepper have questionable character?

This has to be a joke.

CHIEF4EVER
07-31-2007, 05:43 PM
What a great (and predictable) move by the fade. Bring in a washed up loser to lead a bunch of losers. LMAO

CoMoChief
07-31-2007, 05:54 PM
This has to be a joke.
It's not a joke. what did he do? IIRC wasn't Moss the problem in MIN?

If you're referring to the sex boat thing, who cares. I'd be on that boat too if I was on that team. lol

OctoberFart
07-31-2007, 05:58 PM

If you're referring to the sex boat thing, who cares. I'd be on that boat too if I was on that team. lol

It is funny how people rip on the boat party but 90 percent of men would be out there too. He still sucks at football and is washed up but is worth a cheap deal to see if he can recover.

Brock
07-31-2007, 06:02 PM

If Moss was the only problem in Minnesota, Culpepper would still be there, wouldn't he? This "franchise QB" refused to rehab his injury in Minnesota, wasn't interested in talking about the offense with the new head coach, instead preferring to tell the coach that he deserved a new contract. This guy is dead weight.

Brock
07-31-2007, 06:05 PM
It is funny how people rip on the boat party but 90 percent of men would be out there too. He still sucks at football and is washed up but is worth a cheap deal to see if he can recover.

LOL, good luck with that. Maybe he'll be your next Kerry Collins.

CHIEF4EVER
07-31-2007, 06:05 PM
He still sucks at football and is washed up but is worth a cheap deal to see if he can recover.

No, he is washed up and worth a cheap deal to see if he can recover on YOUR sucky assed team. LMAO

ClevelandBronco
07-31-2007, 06:09 PM
NFLN says he's signed.

Press conference tomorrow.

OctoberFart
07-31-2007, 06:12 PM
LOL, good luck with that. Maybe he'll be your next Kerry Collins.
Nice try but more like our Damon Huard. Russel is the future. KC fans are going to be very upset when Oakland finishes third in the west. No LJ and unproven QB guarantees almost a 6 win season at best.

stevieray
07-31-2007, 06:13 PM
NFLN says he's signed.

Press conference tomorrow.

That's really nice of the Warden...

CHIEF4EVER
07-31-2007, 06:19 PM
Nice try but more like our Damon Huard. Russel is the future. KC fans are going to be very upset when Oakland finishes third in the west. No LJ and unproven QB guarantees almost a 6 win season at best.

LMAO

This coming from a fan of a club that we have punked for HOW many years? You turds hold your practices in Arrowhead West. Be thankful. Be glad you don't have to practice in the San Quentin Exercise Yard where most of your players and fans are most comfortable.

kcxiv
07-31-2007, 06:21 PM
I dont thik Pep is a Cancer or bad for a team. I dont think he's a good quarterback anymore, but eh.

Buck
07-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Raiders | Culpepper agrees to terms
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:10:34 -0700

The NFL Network reports the Oakland Raiders have agreed to terms with QB Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins) after he passed a physical with the team.

HolmeZz
07-31-2007, 06:36 PM

I doubt a Raider fan even remembers what a 6 win team looks like.

kcxiv
07-31-2007, 06:37 PM
One thing is as a Chiefs fan, we have have no room to talk. Just 5 years ago they were in a superbowl. lol

I am a Chiefs fan and all, but what do we have to brag about in the last 30 years?lol

CHIEF4EVER
07-31-2007, 06:38 PM
I am a Chiefs fan and all, but what do we have to brag about in the last 30 years?lol

Punking the fade more often than not.

OctoberFart
07-31-2007, 06:50 PM
LMAO

This coming from a fan of a club that we have punked for HOW many years? You turds hold your practices in Arrowhead West. Be thankful. Be glad you don't have to practice in the San Quentin Exercise Yard where most of your players and fans are most comfortable.

How many years and counting has it been for KC to reach the big game? Probably longer than you have been alive.

CHIEF4EVER
07-31-2007, 06:56 PM
How many years and counting has it been for KC to reach the big game? Probably longer than you have been alive.

Again, be happy that the Hunt family lets you use the shithole you call a stadium. Lord knows you turds haven't done anything to deserve playing there.

The Franchise
07-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Way to help Josh McKown's confidence.

elvomito
07-31-2007, 07:22 PM
KC fans are going to be very upset when Oakland finishes third in the west.it would make me happy, knowing that Denver or SD finished 4th.

Bugeater
07-31-2007, 07:49 PM
HAHA this is great! He's a washed up has-been.

OctoberFart
07-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Again, be happy that the Hunt family lets you use the shithole you call a stadium. Lord knows you turds haven't done anything to deserve playing there.
and what has KC done to even deserve a team? By the way just out of the AFC west SD has been to SB 1, Denver 6X, Oakland 4x since KC's last SB game. That is 11 appearences by AFC west teams and 12 if you count seattle since KC's last game. Teams such as Tampa Bay, Tennesse, Philadelphia, expansion Carolina, Atlanta for crying out loud, have all been there since KC. KC has just plain sucked and choked every chance it has had over the past 37 years. By the way trivia question, Who has more playoff wins in the past 5 years the worst team in the league Oakland or KC queefs? Oakland has been FAR a much more successful franchise than KC has been.

stevieray
07-31-2007, 08:05 PM
and what has KC done to even deserve a team? By the way just out of the AFC west SD has been to SB 1, Denver 6X, Oakland 4x since KC's last SB game. That is 11 appearences by AFC west teams and 12 if you count seattle since KC's last game. Teams such as Tampa Bay, Tennesse, Philadelphia, expansion Carolina, Atlanta for crying out loud, have all been there since KC. KC has just plain sucked and choked every chance it has had over the past 37 years. By the way trivia question, Who has more playoff wins in the past 5 years the worst team in the league Oakland or KC queefs? Oakland has been FAR a much more successful franchise than KC has been.

yet here you are.

your and idiot.

Bugeater
07-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Just what the **** are you trying to accomplish by coming here anyway? Don't you think we are all aware of what our team hasn't done over the years? I'll tell you what ****wad, the worst day of being a Chiefs fan is still better than the best day of being a dirty filthy ****ing scumbag Raider fan. Now go back under the bridge you came from you piece of shit troll.

Thig Lyfe
07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Awesome. Here comes another sweep.

OctoberFart
07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
Awesome. Here comes another sweep.

Here comes another year 38 years and counting.

el borracho
07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
ROFL

CHIEF4EVER
07-31-2007, 10:54 PM
It's all good. I suppose that if my team got a top ten pick in the draft year in and year out, if my owner looked liked an embarrassing 'Tales from the Crypt: Elvis Edition' lookalike, and if my team got beat like a rented mule by my most hated rival every time they played then I would likely be a bit bitter too. LMAO

Eleazar
07-31-2007, 11:02 PM
2 wins in the division out of the last 24, nowhere to go but up.

cmh6476
08-01-2007, 09:01 AM
done deal:

http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=27120

Raiders Sign QB Daunte Culpepper
July 31, 2007
Printer friendlyEmail this storyIncrease font sizeDecrease font sizePrevious ArticlesRSS

The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent QB Daunte Culpepper.
Raiders.com
The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent QB Daunte Culpepper, Raiders Head Coach Lane Kiffin announced after this afternoon's Training Camp practice at the team's Napa Valley Training Complex. The 6'4", 265-pound Culpepper spent last season with the Miami Dolphins. Culpepper, who is entering his ninth season in the NFL, spent the first seven years of his NFL career with the Minnesota Vikings.
"We are very excited to have Daunte, and add him to the mix and see if he can help us," Coach Kiffin said. "We think that he adds definite competition."

The former Central Florida star has played in 85 league games with 84 starts, and has completed 1,759 or 2,741 pass attempts for 21,091 yards, 137 TDs, and 89 INTs. His best season came in 2004 when he threw for 4,717 yards and 39 touchdowns.

Culpepper was originally selected in the first round (11th overall) of the 1999 NFL Draft by Minnesota.

Redrum_69
08-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Great

Next the Raiders can pick up Vick.