PDA

View Full Version : River Falls Update: July 31st afternoon practice.

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Well over 500 pictures: http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/index.html

Update of the session by UW-RF:

Tuesday, July 31, 2007: Training Camp News

The eyes of 72 fans were on Ramer Field today as the team practiced within the stadium. With a temperature of 89 degrees, most Chiefs fans sought the shelter of shaded seats in or under the bleachers. A blustering wind from the south-southwest at 12 miles per hour, gusting to 17 miles per hour, assisted in cooling down the crowd. Humidity was at 36 percent, and the dew point was 58.

Offense

Special teams got practice started with punt drills on Ramer Field. The crew also ran a 2-on-1 drill with two defenders on one ball carrier. Taking off from two vertical lines on the 30-yard line, two defenders closed in on a ball carrier coming up field from the end zone. After stretches and line drills, the offense took over Ramer Field for drills broken up by position. Quarterbacks got took directions from Dick Curl, assistant head coach and quarterbacks, who pointed every which way he wanted the quarterbacks to move with the balls. Curl had a little fun with quarterback Brodie Croyle and had him switching directions and shuffling forward, to the side, back, forward, and to the side again. Wide receivers practiced getting around a defender by a change of direction, coming back for the pass and running the corner to receive a short-range pass from assistant coaches. Running backs and fullbacks took hand-offs from quarterback Jeff Terrell from the 5-yard line. They ran from the end zone up middle field for 10 yards. Using blocking pads, tight ends and offensive linemen ran through one-on-ones.

The offense made good use of Ramer Field, taking up both sides for much of practice. A 7-on-7 drill was ran midway through practice as the line went to work on through one-on-one blocking. In an interesting drill that paired wide receivers against defensive backs, tight ends against safeties and full backs and running backs against linebackers, the offense and defense practiced pass coverage, beating the defender, receiving, and reading each others moves all at once.

Quarterback Brodie Croyle took 26 reps between two sessions of 11-on-11. There were no hits during the drill. Croyle worked in the red zone during the first session for four reps. Before the second rep, Head Coach Herm Edwards called a delay of game penalty on the offense. That session, Croyle threw an interception on a short range pass to the right corner of the end zone that was taken by cornerback Benny Sapp. The pass was intended for wide receiver Chris Hannon. The third rep, Croyle threw an eight-yard pass to the middle; tight end Keith Willis could not hang on to the ball as it bounced out of his hands. Croyle also had a 10-yard throw mid-field to Willis and a left 5-yard outlet to running back Kolby Smith from the 7-yard line.

During the second session, Croyle started the drill with an incomplete to tight end Kris Wilson. Linebacker Derrick Johnson got his fingertips on the pass and as the ball was tipped in the air, it hit the ground before any one could cover it. Struggling throughout practice, the offensive line had trouble competing against the rush. Defensive end Tamba Hali would have earned a sack on Croyle during the second take had it been live play. The defense also won the next rep when defensive end Jared Allen slapped down a dump pass to the middle. Next Coyle threw a 12-yard pass wide to the right of tight end Keith Willis. Running back Kolby Smith had four carriers (three to the left and one to the right) during the second session. Getting one pass each were wide receivers Rod Gardner, Chris Hannon, and Jeff Webb, and tight ends Mike Pinkard and Willis. Running back Samie Parker received three passes and fullback Greg Hanoian had one carry through the middle and received one left outlet. Quarterback Casey Printers ran 11 reps. On the fourth, wide receiver Ean Randolph could not hang on to a 45-yard pass to the left side line. Printers had one throw away to the right side line. Quarterback Jeff Terrell took seven snaps. Running back Marcus O’Keith fumbled on the second rep after a 10-yard run to the left; the ball popped out of his arms.

Defense

In the morning practice, safety Bernard Pollard dislocated his finger, but that did not slow him down one bit this afternoon. Pollard strolled on the practice field at about 4:09 p.m., shortly after his team. This showed a lot of character considering this was a light practice that a lot of veterans were not present at. Many players were not practicing, including cornerbacks Patrick Surtain and Ty Law because they are veterans and need to give the younger guys more reps.

In an interview after the practice, safety Jared Page talked about how he was excited to be opposite side of Pollard. About Pollard, Page says, “He works hard, he’s a heavy hitter.” In the morning practice Page got yelled at for not following his assignment, because he was trying too hard. In response he said, “It's hard to pull back sometimes. At the safety position you can’t try and make plays; you have to wait till the play comes to you and then go after it.”

The defense met the offense on Ramer Field after the drills to work on some 7-on-7, 11-on-11, and coverage drills. The team practiced their red zone defense working inside the 10-yard line. The players were not wearing any type of padding so the hits were limited, but the coaches were all over the players to hustle. The sideline vocals were lead, as usual, by Defensive Line Coach Tim Krumrie and Head Coach Herm Edwards. They both shouted, “Run to the ball; have quickness; go to the whistle!”

The best play of the day was made by cornerback Benny Sapp. He was able to jump in front of wide receiver Chris Hannon to intercept the ball thrown by quarterback Brodie Croyle. The pass was a fade route to the back of the end zone that Sapp held on to making a great play.

Linebacker Donnie Edwards had a standout practice, showing everyone why the Chiefs signed him. Edwards was on top of the ball all practice and knocked the ball out of the air a few times. The linebackers as a whole performed well in a drill where they were covering the running backs, tight ends, and fullbacks. Linebacker William Kershaw was on tight end Kris Wilson on a pass by Croyle. According to NFL.com, Kershaw is third on the depth chart among right outside linebackers; anything positive that he can do to get some playing time if one of the starters goes down will have to be proven in camp.

The defense were given a chance to get more looks at young quarterback Brodie Croyle since quarterback Damon Huard did not take any reps. Croyle worked on rolling out of the pocket and throwing the ball while he was running. The defensive did not put a lot of pressure on him while he was outside of the pocket, but when he stayed in the pocket, the defensive ends were able to cause some trouble. Defensive end Jared Allen was able to come around the end and deflect the ball into the air, nearly causing an interception. In this practice, the star players made the big plays.

Special Teams

On the windiest day of practice it is fitting that kicker Justin Medlock had his worst practice. Medlock went 3-6, the longest being 47 yards. He missed a few times from the left hash mark. When the ball struck the post, the players and fans made groaned audibly and Medlock had to kick the ball again. There no rush on this drill, but Medlock still had some trouble.

Fans

John and Julie Gerstberger from Rib Lake, Wis., stood as close to the field as ropes would allow today. The pair both had cameras in tow. “I like to get pictures of the whole team. I have books of pictures of camp from years past,” said John. “Instead of autographs, I like to get my picture taken with coaches and players.” John has been fortunate enough to get pictures snapped with former head coaches Dick Vermeil and Gunther Cunningham, as well as current head coach Herm Edwards and President Carl Peterson. “I wait year round for this vacation. I take my vacation watching the Chiefs in River Falls,” said John.

Kathy Hale, from St. Joseph, Mo., is here in River Falls for her fifth Chiefs camp. Hale, also a season ticket holder with her husband Jim, loves to be in close proximity to the players, as well as the opportunity for autographs. Kathy has received autographs this summer from players such as defensive ends Jared Allen and Tambi Hali, Head Coach Herm Edwards, and Chiefs President Carl Peterson. Some of Kathy’s favorite players include safety Bernard Pollard and linebacker Donnie Edwards.

This is the first time at camp for Jason Ruddke and his son Jack, 8. The Ruddkes are from Kansas City, Mo., and were present today at this morning’s Kids Days. Jack, who was wearing a Chief’s tattoo on his hand, loved being able to meet Chiefs mascot KC Wolf and University of Wisconsin- River Falls mascot Freddy the Falcon. Jack also loved getting his face painted and playing mini-golf with the other little Chiefs fans.

A season ticket holder since 1981, Bob Danley of Blue Springs, Mo., has been dressing up since 1997 as “the Pope” of the Kansas City Chiefs. Danley has a hearse, which he brings to most games complete with a casket in back; he even brings fans for rides. The costume and hearse is a symbol of “burying the other team and as the Pope, I administer their last rights,” said Danley. “I grew up with the Chiefs, it’s a tradition. I did it with my dad, and I hope to one day soon do it with my own kids.” Danley and his wife, Angela, along with family friends Kathy and Russ Pierce, from Salina, Kan., stage conversion ceremonies with Raiders fans while tailgating in the parking lot of Arrowhead Stadium. Bob and Angela's daughters, Abbey, 6, and Libby, 4, were participants in this morning's Kid's Day festivities. "My favorite part of Kid's Day was getting my face painted," said Libby. "I really like KC Wolf."

Leonard Watts of Kansas City has been a Chiefs season ticket holder for the last 32 years. Here with his wife, Liz, and their grandkids, Mimi Miller, 15, and her sister Kiki, 9, are all enjoying their time in Wisconsin while watching their all-time favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs. Leonard has been keeping up with the Chiefs since they were called the Dallas Texans, and has no intention of stopping anytime soon. The four are confident in their favorite team. Leonard believes he has the secret to a great season for the Chiefs: “Tell [Head Coach] Herm Edwards if he wants to win a Super Bowl, get in contact with me.”

Drew Martin, a senior at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls was at camp today with his Big Brothers – Big Sisters organization little brother, Josh Rudesill, 12, of River Falls.. The two decided to stop by the Chiefs' practice for about 30 minutes to see a professional team in action. Rudesill’s favorite position is anything on the defensive line. “I like defense; I like to knock people over,” said Rudesill. Both Martin and Rudesill may be back on Saturday’s game when the Chiefs practice with the Vikings.

Cindy McHenry of Greenfield, Wis., came to Chiefs camp today with husband Howard and nephew Anthony Hatton, 15, of Columbia, Mo. Cindy calls herself a “displaced Chiefs fan in the middle of Packer country.” She counts her favorite member of the Chiefs as Defensive Coordinator Gunther Cunningham. “I love his fiery attitude and his motivational spirit,” says Cindy. “He’s just different; I love his energy.” The McHenry's have been coming to Chiefs camp for the past eight years, and are season ticket holders. They flew nephew Anthony up to Chiefs camp so he could have the opportunity to watch a professional team in action. Anthony is a wide receiver on the football team at Hickman High School. “I’d like to play professional football when I grow up, in particular for the Chiefs,” said Anthony. Cindy revealed that Anthony was in for a surprise: Defensive tackle DeMarcus ‘Tank’ Tyler promised to give up his gloves for him after today’s practice.

Extra, Extra...

Just before practice began, the security alarm on a black Lexus in the parking lot screeched, startling the entire crowd assembled along the rail. It turned out that there was no attempted theft; the alarm was tripped by the owner by mistake.

Since linebacker Nate Harris, tight end Jason Dunn, and running back Priest Holmes, are all currently not dressing in pads, they are working on the side with Strength and Conditioning Coach Cedric Smith. All three of the men worked on hurdles with Smith to increase their leg strength and balance. In this drill, the players lifted each foot over the hurdles, but facing the hurdles from the side. Running back Michael Bennett, tight end Tony Gonzalez and wide receiver Eddie Kennison were also among those who did not suit up.

Signing autographs after practice today were safety Greg Wesley, tight ends Tony Gonzalez and Jason Dunn, wide receiver Brad Ekwerekwu, quarterback BrodieCroyle, tackle George Batiste, and defensive end Jared Allen.

Quarterback Damon Huard met with the press after practice today to discuss the quarterback competition. Huard seemed to echo what he has been saying from day one; that competition is nothing new and it is all a part of being an NFL player. Huard explained that he and fellow quarterback Brodie Croyle have a good relationship and compete to make each other and the Chiefs better. Huard expressed that if he lost the job, he would only be okay with it under one circumstance: “I wouldn’t have trouble if I knew I did my very best.” Explaining how his experiences as a back-up quarterback behind some of the NFL’s most historic coaches and players is something that has helped him to grow as a player. Huard said that he is proud to be a Chief and is blessed to have gotten two Super Bowl rings despite never taking a snap in either game. As far as his control over the coaches' decision, Huard expressed he can only play with everything he is capable of, and the rest is out of his hands. Although he would like to be able to lead an offense of his own, he said, “This is football - you never know how this game unfolds, but you always prepare to play. When an opportunity comes, you step in and make the most of it.”

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Kcchiefs.com summarizes the day.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/07/31/river_falls_wrap_day_six/

RIVER FALLS WRAP: DAY SIX
Jul 31, 2007, 6:16:00 PM

By Josh Looney

VIDEO: Camping with the Chiefs - Day 6: FLASH | Windows | Real

Breakdown: The Chiefs hustled out to the UWRF practice fields at 9:00 AM for the first of their two practices slated for Tuesday. The morning session was a lopsided affair as the offense dominated what was the club’s third-consecutive full-padded session. Offensive Coordinator Mike Solari’s unit got the ball rolling early by scoring on the first four plays during the goal line portion of practice. From there, the offense never let go of the momentum and continued their successful morning into team 11-on-11 drills.

“You can’t repeat a performance like that,” Head Coach Herm Edwards said of the morning defensive effort. “Mentally, they shut down a little bit, mental errors occur…not finishing the play, not playing the right technique and sometimes on defense not being in the right gap.”

Edwards’ team ventured into Ramer Field at 3:45 PM to complete the second practice of the day. The helmet-only session remained intense as it was apparent some players weren’t satisfied with the effort earlier in the day.

Injury Update: S Bernard Pollard left the AM practice early with an injured finger, but returned for the afternoon practice. DT Alfonso Boone also missed the AM session with a similar injury according to Edwards.

How’s Boomer?: Linebacker-turned-fullback Boomer Grigsby has been working on his receiving skills out of the backfield after each practice session. The extra effort has apparently paid off for Grigsby as the third-year player has logged a handful of nice receptions this camp. It’s common to hear River Falls visitors cheer each time the fan-favorite touches the ball. Grigsby says he’s comfortable in his new role, but is still looking to improve on his blocking techniques.

“I’m doing great at the first point of contact,” Grigsby explained. “The main thing for me is to remember that I’m allowed to grab on to the guy and drive him after I make that first hit. Having played linebacker all my life, it’s different for me since I’ve been used to hitting a guy and getting off of him as fast as I could. But I’m really loving my new position.”

A Family Affair: Chiefs defensive backs coach David Gibbs and special teams coach Mike Priefer are both sons of longtime NFL assistant coaches. Both of their fathers were in attendance during practices on Tuesday.

Gibbs’ father, legendary offensive line guru Alex Gibbs, has been in Chiefs camp since the weekend and has offered one-on-one technique advice to members of the o-line after the conclusion of practices. Considered by some as the godfather of zone blocking, the elder Gibbs began his NFL coaching career with Denver in ‘84 and served a tour of duty in Kansas City from ‘93-94 under head coach Marty Schottenheimer. Under Gibbs’ guidance, the Chiefs offensive line dropped their sack total from 48.0 in ‘92 (the year before his arrival) to 19.0 in ‘94.

The Priefers in Chiefs camp actually span over the course of three generations as Mike Priefer’s father, Chuck, arrived in River Falls today with Mike’s 12-year old son Michael Jr. Chuck Priefer possesses a resume that includes 29 years of college and pro coaching experience. Priefer spent his final 10 NFL seasons coaching special teams in Detroit before retiring at the end of last season. Under his tutelage, the Lions sent two return men to the Pro Bowl in Desmond Howard (2001) and Eddie Drummond (2005).

Fashion Statement, Part II: Other than Greensburg Rangers hats, perhaps the most popular clothing item at training camp has been the t-shirts WR Eddie Kennison has been handing out to anyone and everyone. Kennison is attempting to raise awareness of a company he launched seven months ago; Kennison Brown Real Estate Co. Details about Kennison’s business venture can be found at www.kennisonbrown.com.

Plays Of The Day:
AM Session: RBs Michael Bennett, Kolby Smith and Marcus O’Keith all boasted solid runs in a session filled with offensive highlights. Most noteably, T Damion McIntosh looked particularly impressive this morning in numerous battles with DE Jared Allen.

PM Session:.CB Dimitri Patterson bit on a QB Casey Printers pump fake as Printers hooked up with WR Ean Randolph on and stop-and-go route down the left sideline. The connection resulted in a 55-yard touchdown strike.

Big Stix: Former Kansas State standout and recent free agent acquisition T Damion McIntosh dealt out sturdy hits during blitz pick-ups and knocked DE Jared Allen off-balance and to the ground during a pass rush.

Look Who’s Talking:
Waitress: “So are you a big Chiefs fan?“
Herm Edwards: “Yeah…you could say that. I’m a big fan.“
- A conversation Chiefs Head Coach Herm Edwards had with a waitress who did not recognize him at a local coffee shop.

“Let’s go ‘D’; this is man on man. This is what football is all about“
- LB Donnie Edwards after the defense struggled in the team’s goal line period

Look Ahead: The club is once again set to hit the practice field for sessions beginning at 9:00 AM and 3:45 PM.

You Asked It: Submit your questions to River Falls Wrap, Chiefs Chatter and Camping With The Chiefs by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.

Jenifer and Jon M.: “What color scheme will the Chiefs wear for the home games this season? The white-on-white should be retired!”

JL: The Chiefs have historically worn red jerseys with white pants at Arrowhead Stadium, but sported the white-on-white combination in the 2006 season opener against Cincinnati. The logic behind the uniform selection that day was that the Bengals would be forced to wear all black uniforms on a day that forecasted for steamy temperatures. The combination was so rare that Founder Lamar Hunt couldn’t remember the Chiefs ever wearing the white-on-white mixture at Arrowhead. You can expect to see the Chiefs dressed in their traditional red jerseys at home this season, but the all-white uniforms is an option for the club’s road games. The club also wore a white jersey, red pants combination on the road a year ago.

Marvin C.: “What is the team’s mindset for away games?”

JL: Marvin, winning games on the road is obviously a hard thing to do in the NFL and something that this franchise must improve upon after going 3-5 in that department each of the past three season. I’ll let Chiefs Head Coach Herm Edwards answer your question regarding his philosophy on the road.

HE: “Obviously, you have to have a specific mindset. You can’t get behind, I know that. If you get behind you’re in trouble. You have to try and protect the ball and get the running game (going) and protect your quarterback. You have to have positive yards on first downs. If you don’t, you’re in trouble. That’s not good. We’ve got to make positive yards and defensively we have to stop the run. You want to go into the fourth quarter of the football game knowing you can still win the game. That’s got to be your mindset every week.”

Leon: “I saw Clark Hunt’s interview on Day Two of training camp and he talked about the renovations that are beginning at Arrowhead Stadium. Are there still plans in the works to try and get the rolling roof passed?”

JL: Leon, look for a public unveiling of renderings and drawings detailing plans for the new Arrowhead Stadium to be released to the public sometime in the middle of August. Unfortunately, a provision that would have resurrected the “rolling roof” concept for Arrowhead Stadium was not passed by voters in April of 2006 and current plans for the new Arrowhead don’t include that feature.

Questions?: Is there a question about training camp or the Chiefs that you want answered? A handful of questions will be answered daily in the River Falls Wrap. Chiefs insiders Rocco and Stuckey will also discuss submitted fan questions weekly in Chiefs Chatter.

Discuss Thrower
07-31-2007, 08:52 PM
So, Medlock = Tynes without NFLE experience?

noa
07-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Man, I hope that first post was a rough draft...lots of errors

DenverChief
07-31-2007, 09:17 PM
So, Medlock = Tynes without NFLE experience?

Don't be a tard

Hammock Parties
07-31-2007, 09:44 PM
PM Session:.CB Dimitri Patterson bit on a QB Casey Printers pump fake as Printers hooked up with WR Ean Randolph on and stop-and-go route down the left sideline. The connection resulted in a 55-yard touchdown strike.

Very nice play. Printers was under heavy pressure and kinda threw off his back foot. Pretty ball, great arm.

Unfortunately otherwise Casey sucked.

bdeg
07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Are they trying to utilize Printers' mobility or are they forcing him to be a pocket QB?

Hammock Parties
07-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Are they trying to utilize Printers' mobility or are they forcing him to be a pocket QB?

The Chiefs have been running bootlegs every day, but they don't want Printers running around in training camp. The dude has to learn how to throw from the pocket. Right now he's not getting it done. If he starts running the coaches usually just blow the whistle.

el borracho
07-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Great news about Pollard- I'm glad he is not seriously injured.

Something I haven't really thought about much until now but, How weird will it be for our starting QB to make far, far less than the backup QB? Does this happen more often than I think? Is this a potential problem or will we just up Croyle's contract at the end of the year depending on performance?

el borracho
07-31-2007, 10:13 PM
The Chiefs have been running bootlegs every day,

I wonder if that is going back in our offensive playbook or if we are running it so our D can practice against it.

but they don't want Printers running around in training camp. The dude has to learn how to throw from the pocket. Right now he's not getting it done. If he starts running the coaches usually just blow the whistle.

That is pretty funny!

Hammock Parties
07-31-2007, 10:15 PM
I wonder if that is going back in our offensive playbook or if we are running it so our D can practice against it.

Interesting that you say that because I haven't seen them contain the bootleg ONCE.

Might be something they're working on. I guess we'll see against the Vikings.

Chief Roundup
07-31-2007, 10:21 PM
Didnt know Dick Curl was our assistant Head Coach. Not to mention a Quarterbacks

I can't recall ever seeing "The Pope of the Chiefs" at a game or ever seen the Hurst

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Pollard is a hard ass if he's playing with a dislocated finger.

Future leader of the secondary, if not a leader already.

Good day for Benny Sapp in the endzone. I'm hoping somebody at CB pans out behind Law & Surtain. Sapp seems to be getting noticed, and apparently Brackenridge has grabbed the coaches' attention.

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Poor Chris Terry. "Hey, I'm loving any drill that doesn't involve Tamba Hali."

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-014.jpg

el borracho
07-31-2007, 10:47 PM
For the last few years I keep hoping someone will outplay Sapp (like Gunther, I prefer big CBs) but that seems unlikely again this year.

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:47 PM
"What was that? Did you hear that? It sounded like Hali. Jesus, I'm cracking up."

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-016.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Honestly, I look at the guy, and am amazed. How is this not "football shape"?

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-051.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Jason Dunn's so big he makes the earth tilt.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-081.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:53 PM
David Hicks, flying to the ball.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-112.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:54 PM
I may be the only Chiefs fan that likes you, Kevin Sampson (#79).

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-137.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Pads or no pads, McIntosh is always ready for DJ to blitz.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-139.jpg

el borracho
07-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Honestly, I look at the guy, and am amazed. How is this not "football shape"?
Size is not the same as strength nor is it the same as conditioning.

Direckshun
Parker knows he has Dimitri Patterson beat. Parker smiles.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-159.jpg

el borracho
David Hicks, flying to the ball.
When did we lose Griffin?

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
Size is not the same as strength nor is it the same as conditioning.
The guy's going to play ten snaps a game if he even makes the team.

I think he could handle it.

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:00 PM
I may be the only Chiefs fan that likes you, Kevin Sampson (#79).
What do you like about Sampson?

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:01 PM
"I'll autograph any bag of nachos you got, long as I get the nachos."

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-198.jpg

keg in kc
Size, strength and conditioning are not the same as a 300 pound tackle landing on you, or a DB dragging you down from behind.

Direckshun
When did we lose Griffin?
Over the offseason, we released him and the Browns picked him up.

Less than a month ago, I believe.

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:06 PM
What do you like about Sampson?
I have a soft spot for blue collar guys that can make things happen.

Sampson is stiff as a board, but he seems to be as strong as a RT needs to be. He's a pretty good run blocker, and he held up surprisingly well in pass protection against some of the meaner DLs in the league that he faced. Honestly, he was starting to look real solid once he got to gel next to Shields -- but then the injury bug, prevalent in his career, bit him once again.

If Turley weren't in the picture he'd be a shoo-in for 2nd string RT. He's solid value for a 7th rounder.

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Eck making a gorgeous reception.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-205.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Brian Crum tracking down Boomer, who continues to catch the ball.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-274.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Hali gets ANOTHER SACK.

BEAST.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-294.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:14 PM
Wesley sacks Croyle.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-308.jpg

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Printers finds Randolph (#9).

Edit: Guess who was slow in support.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-315.jpg

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Wow. Beauty, eh?

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Wow. Beauty, eh?
Yeah, man. I don't know, you think he has a shot at the 53-man roster?

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Hali gets ANOTHER SACK.

BEAST.
Who is Terry blocking in that photo?

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Webb beats Brackenridge.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-333.jpg

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes, I think he has a shot. Kennison, Bowe, Parker and Webb all make it leaving 1 or 2 spots open. Of course, that decision won't be made until preseason.

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
John McGraw, avoiding eye contact.

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-501.jpg

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:21 PM
You know, I haven't a clue if Boomer if will make the squad but I am really looking forward to see him play FB in preseason. He does have the mentality and the build for it.

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2007, 11:22 PM
The Chiefs have been running bootlegs every day, but they don't want Printers running around in training camp. The dude has to learn how to throw from the pocket. Right now he's not getting it done. If he starts running the coaches usually just blow the whistle.

Same as last year, it sounds like.

The 3 days I was there last year, he was all over the place. If his first read isn't there, he gets happy feet and starts dancing around, looking to run.

Needless to say, it pissed the coaches off.

Sounds like he STILL hasn't learned.....

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:24 PM
"I'll autograph any bag of nachos you got, long as I get the nachos."

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-198.jpg
Bennet is taller and looks bigger through the body but compare forearms.

Direckshun
07-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Bennett's a speed demon, though. He is a perfect change-of-pace back for this team, but he is clearly not what this offense needs for a #1 RB.

SIGN LJ. lol

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Bennett's a speed demon, though. He is a perfect change-of-pace back for this team, but he is clearly not what this offense needs for a #1 RB.

SIGN LJ. lol
Yeah, a healthy Bennet would be perfect for us. Hopefully, a healthy Bennet is what we have this year although I'm not sure where that leaves Priest and/ or Smith.

Mecca
07-31-2007, 11:38 PM
You guys are just ready to see Omar Jacobs play some QB.

WestCoastReggie
07-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Bennet is taller and looks bigger through the body but compare forearms.

Isn't Bennnet wearing pads under his jersey? And Holmes not?

I may be incorrect.

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Does not look like pads to me but :shrug:

WestCoastReggie
07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
I can't tell either, but pads...look at McGraw in post 41...would add some bulk.

el borracho
07-31-2007, 11:53 PM
It's like I'm back in 8th grade and trying to figure out which chicks stuffed their bras. I really don't know.

RustShack
08-01-2007, 12:12 AM

I don't think he will make it with Kennison, Bowe, Webb, and Parker. They will probably keep one more reciever at most, and I think Randolph will take it, unless Parker beats him out for KR/PR. I think its a three way race between Randolph, Hannon, and Gardner for the last spot, with Randolph having the slight edge right now. Anything can happen from now until the start of the season though. If he dosn't make the team, he has to be a shoe in to make the practice squad.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2007, 06:38 AM

http://www.uwrf.edu/chiefs/photogallery/070731pm/full/070731PM-205.jpg

That was a drop.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Who is Terry blocking in that photo?

That was a blitz.

el borracho
08-01-2007, 06:40 AM
I will be pretty unhappy if Gardner makes the roster again. He did nothing for us last year and that would mean we would have essentially the same WR corps as last year. Changing one player is not much of an upgrade to one of the worst WR corps in the league.

kepp
08-01-2007, 06:56 AM
I will be pretty unhappy if Gardner makes the roster again. He did nothing for us last year and that would mean we would have essentially the same WR corps as last year. Changing one player is not much of an upgrade to one of the worst WR corps in the league.
I hear that. I'd MUCH rather have Eckwerekwu as a project than Gardner as a...well...as nothing, really.

Direckshun
08-01-2007, 08:29 AM
That was a drop.
Perfect placement, whoever was throwing it.

King_Chief_Fan
08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Concerns:
1) Defense seems to have Brodie's number. I don't know if the defense is that good or if Brodie is making bad decisions. The afternoon practice reads to be less impressive of his efforts.

2) Kicker: so far, Medlock has not been a bright spot. I am hoping that changes.

3) Dropped balls: Those are killers and I think that those can be corrected.

I appreciate the updates from camp. Keep them coming.

boogblaster
08-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Looks like some took the day off...Herm will step-up the pace ......