PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock: Chiefs coach isn’t holding back

Hammock Parties
07-31-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/213596.html

RIVER FALLS, Wis. | Tuesday morning you could hear it, the kind of football team Herm Edwards wants to build.

The morning practice sounded like a football game. I was standing along the sideline wanting to gossip with other reporters, but the explosions and grunts kept distracting me.

In the modern NFL — with year-round training, organized team activities, a limited training-camp roster and gigantic contracts — it’s rare that a team practices anywhere close to game tempo. The Chiefs did Tuesday morning. You could hear it. You could feel it. It was impossible to ignore.

“It’s been a pretty physical couple of practices,” Edwards said. “That’s what we’ve tried to do the last three practices. The first two were very good — (Monday) both practices were, in the morning and afternoon — and this one was OK.”

Edwards’ standards are high. I’ve been coming to River Falls since 1995, and Tuesday’s session was as physical as any I’d seen beyond Marty Schottenheimer’s somewhat pointless “Oklahoma drills.”

Marty used the Oklahoma drills (two-on-two blocking and tackling drills) to set a tone for a team that already had a set-in-stone, tough-guy personality. Herm is trying to establish a similar personality/mind-set, and he’s going 11-on-11 to get it.

The fact is, Dick Vermeil’s teams had some awfully tough players (Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Tony Richardson and Will Shields), but for the most part, Herm inherited a finesse team. He struggled last year trying to cultivate the kind of overall toughness he wanted during training camp for a variety of reasons:

1. Too many veterans (Shields, Trent Green, Sammy Knight, Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, Kendrell Bell, Tony Gonzalez, etc.).

2. A team-wide mind-set that the Chiefs could go deep in the playoffs if the players were rested and fresh.

3. Complacency and a lack of competition for starting spots.

4. The belief that KC’s pass-happy, finesse offense would carry the team.

This team has a different attitude and a different set of beliefs.

The Chiefs are going to go as far as their defense and running game can carry them.

“My mind-set is very simple,” Edwards said. “At the end of the year offensively, my goal is … that you want to run the ball for 2,000 yards total. Whether you have one runner who can do it, three runners, four runners, two runners, it doesn’t matter. You have to understand that. Then, from there, your passing game evolves.

“On defense, you obviously have to be able to stop the run. You have to be able to stop the run so you can unleash your athletic defensive line to knock the quarterback down in passing situations. So, it all kind of plays hand-to-hand what we’re trying to create and practice.”

Translation: Herm Edwards isn’t going to apologize for being Herm Edwards this year. He’s not going to be defensive about scrapping Dick Vermeil’s offense. He’s not going to ask forgiveness for attempting to reach the Super Bowl the same way Lovie Smith and the Bears got there last season.

Herm is a liberated man. You could hear it Tuesday morning. He let his dogs out for three straight practices. That’s what you have to do if you want Jared Allen, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Donnie Edwards, Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page to win games for you in September. They have to practice being physical and dominant and nasty.

And so do Waters, John Welbourn, Casey Wiegmann, Chris Terry and Damion McIntosh, KC’s starting offensive linemen.

“In training camp, a lot of coaches are nervous about pads and fearful of wearing players out,” Edwards said. “But I just think that if you give them enough rest and you do it in sequence and you do it smart, they buy in. I’ve told these guys from the start that this is hump week for us, and they understood that and a lot of them focused in and got the job done.

“I think the offensive line has done a good job. I think it’s a veteran crew of guys that are very tough and very physical, and we’re running the ball pretty well right now. That’s a good sign.”

So was all the noise.

Hammock Parties
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
He's right. I criticized the practice for being boring, but it was some physical stuff. Smashmouth.

crazycoffey
07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
good, get 'em all tough and nasty...

noa
07-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Its good to see JWhit write a column that isn't about all the stupid contract drama and "Pawn Holmes."

Fish
07-31-2007, 10:16 PM
What's with all the football talk in this article? And not a single Vick reference?

elvomito
07-31-2007, 11:29 PM
And not a single Vick reference?He let his dogs out for three straight practices.
i think that was a subtle jab... it reminds me too much of iowanian's post http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4102536&postcount=5
you know he gets good ideas from here

RustShack
08-01-2007, 12:39 AM
I am extreamly impressed with this one, hes always so negative about everything. Great artical!

teedubya
08-01-2007, 12:42 AM
I am extreamly impressed with this one, hes always so negative about everything. Great artical!

I am extreamly impressed with your spelling.

RustShack
08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm extreamly impressed to find out this is an English class, not a Chiefs forum.

teedubya
08-01-2007, 12:50 AM
all threads hear on Chiefsplanet our English classe's. Its extreamly empressive.

ClevelandChief
08-01-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm very happy to be here. I like to kiss dogs, in the butt.

RustShack
08-01-2007, 12:59 AM
all threads hear on Chiefsplanet our English classe's. Its extreamly empressive.

I don't think my posts are quite that bad.

KC Kings
08-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Where is the part explaining that Herm's violent practices were influenced by hip-hop music? I can't remember the last time I read a pure sports article from Fatlock.

cookster50
08-01-2007, 06:02 AM
I'm very happy to be here. I like to kiss dogs, in the butt.
Closet Bronco fan!

BigRedChief
08-01-2007, 06:16 AM
And so do Waters, John Welbourn, Casey Wiegmann, Chris Terry and Damion McIntosh, KC’s starting offensive linemen.
Where's Brain Waters?

Baby Lee
08-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Where's Brain Waters?
Hydrocephalus?

Chiefnj2
08-01-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure Whitlock paid much attention to Marty's practice since he has the Oklahoma drill wrong. It isn't two-on-two.

And where does this come from? "A team-wide mind-set that the Chiefs could go deep in the playoffs if the players were rested and fresh." Were DV's practices exhausting and took years off of Roaf's career, or were they refreshing?

crazycoffey
08-01-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm seeing it more and more, JWhit is like my golf game;

several hack shots, shanks and divit chunking dinks
followed by the one drive-one chip-and/or-one putt
that keeps me coming back.

The difference is, I don't get paid to play golf....
thanks for the more positive article and sharing
this outlook on camp, but you're still a f**king hack.

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 07:52 AM
This song and dance is like a broken record that we have to listen to every year...

For once I wish the Chiefs would be serious about winning in the playoffs, but instead Carl is worried about a few bucks on the bottom line like always.

Someday, the Chiefs will rise from the Ashes, Carl, Herm and Co will be gone and we will actually be relevant again.

Until then we are a bad car wreck that everyone keeps slowly driving by to stare at.

InChiefsHeaven
08-01-2007, 07:58 AM
This song and dance is like a broken record that we have to listen to every year...

For once I wish the Chiefs would be serious about winning in the playoffs, but instead Carl is worried about a few bucks on the bottom line like always.

Someday, the Chiefs will rise from the Ashes, Carl, Herm and Co will be gone and we will actually be relevant again.

Until then we are a bad car wreck that everyone keeps slowly driving by to stare at.

WTF are you even talking about??

chop
08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
WTF are you even talking about??

Someone must have waken him from a bad dream he was having. :shrug:

DJJasonp
08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
“My mind-set is very simple,” Edwards said. “At the end of the year offensively, my goal is … that you want to run the ball for 2,000 yards total. Whether you have one runner who can do it, three runners, four runners, two runners, it doesn’t matter. You have to understand that. Then, from there, your passing game evolves"

I think Herm studied offensive philosophy 101 from the original Tecmo Bowl.

Simply Red
08-01-2007, 09:23 AM
“My mind-set is very simple,” Edwards said. “At the end of the year offensively, my goal is … that you want to run the ball for 2,000 yards total. Whether you have one runner who can do it, three runners, four runners, two runners, it doesn’t matter. You have to understand that. Then, from there, your passing game evolves"

I think Herm studied offensive philosophy 101 from the original Tecmo Bowl.
What do you spin DJ? Little progressive breaks ehh? Come on Icey.

Deberg_1990
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I always thought DV had a reputation for running hard camps and practices??

I even remember them talking about this back in the St Louis days in the late 90's. I remember his first camp in St. Louis in 97, alot of the players there were complaining about how hard and long the practices were???

InChiefsHeaven
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
I always thought DV had a reputation for running hard camps and practices??

I even remember them talking about this back in the St Louis days in the late 90's. I remember his first camp in St. Louis in 97, alot of the players there were complaining about how hard and long the practices were???

Seems like the difference is, Herm's are tough but short, whereas DV's were like marathons...3 hour practices etc. Herm's are supposed to be more player friendly...tough aggressive but short practices.

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Someone must have waken him from a bad dream he was having. :shrug:

It was a terrible dream. I was dreaming that Carl had all the picks signed and in camp... It was a nightmare like no other.

Glad I woke up and realized it is the same ol BS from Carl every year. Sorry for the rant and nightmare...

Nothing to see here, carry on.

FloridaMan88
08-01-2007, 10:08 AM
Herm is a career sub .500 head coach, Vermeil has won a Super Bowl and taken two different franchises to the Super Bowl... so to claim that Herm's way is the right way and Vermeil's way is the wrong way is baseless. Vermeil is a HOF-caliber head coach, Herm is on the level of the Goonther Cunningham Head Coaches of the world.

Also Herm somehow feeling justified for employing an ultra conservative offense because the Bears did it last year and made it to the Super Bowl overlooks the fact that they (the Bears) were humiliated in the Super Bowl by a team who uses an approach more aligned with Vermeil's philosophy.

LOCOChief
08-01-2007, 10:10 AM

Yeah they don't want to win, that makes complete sense. The Hunts couldn't possibly identify good professional talent. When we are a relevant entitiy in the NFL whos at the helm if not Herm, or Carl and Co. It's not Carl or the Chiefs on this one, greedy ass sports rep ownes this mess.

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah they don't want to win, that makes complete sense. The Hunts couldn't possibly identify good professional talent. When we are a relevant entitiy in the NFL whos at the helm if not Herm, or Carl and Co. It's not Carl or the Chiefs on this one, greedy ass sports rep ownes this mess.

Your right, I guess I wasnt thinking...

Please excuse the mess while Carl is rebuilding his Superbowl team...

Deberg_1990
08-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Herm is a career sub .500 head coach, Vermeil has won a Super Bowl and taken two different franchises to the Super Bowl... so to claim that Herm's way is the right way and Vermeil's way is the wrong way is baseless. .

Thats a good point. But JW is dead on about his reasons why the Chiefs never won in the playoffs with DV:

2. A team-wide mind-set that the Chiefs could go deep in the playoffs if the players were rested and fresh.

4. The belief that KC’s pass-happy, finesse offense would carry the team

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
I sure am glad he fixed that offense it was scoring WAY too much.

Deberg_1990
08-01-2007, 10:26 AM

oh brother...here we go again...

Do you remember how much the Chiefs lost on offense last year??

I seriously doubt DV could have lost as much and done much better..

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the chiefs scored an average of 2 TD's a game is way more exciting to watch.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 10:31 AM

DV would have taken us all the way. Roaf would have stayed.

FloridaMan88
08-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Who would you rather have rebuilding an offense... Vermeil/Saunders or Herm/Solari?

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Herm/Saunders?

pikesome
08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
DV would have taken us all the way. Roaf would have stayed.

Uh, no. The D would have still stunk like Redrum's mom.

Deberg_1990
08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Who would you rather have rebuilding an offense... Vermeil/Saunders or Herm/Solari?

what about Herm/Saunders or Vermeil/Solari ??

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Uh, no. The D would have still stunk like Redrum's mom.
At least the o would have gotten a first down in the Wild Card game

pikesome
08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
At least the o would have gotten a first down in the Wild Card game

You remember when we played Indy in KC, right? First downs aren't a golden ticket to the playoff success, you have to do other things too.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
You remember when we played Indy in KC, right? First downs aren't a golden ticket to the playoff success, you have to do other things too.
Like score?

pikesome
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Like score?

Keeping the other team from scoring more works too. There is more than one way to win games. I can't understand how people can get more pissed about Herm's loss to Indy than DV's loss to Indy.

FAX
08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
DV's loss to Indy wasn't a total embarrassment to the entire Chiefs Kingdom that caused premature births and cost lives.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I could be wrong about Herm but I don't think so. If I had to make a prediction I would say he is going to be a horrible failure and never be a head coach in this league again after he leaves KC.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Keeping the other team from scoring more works too. There is more than one way to win games. I can't understand how people can get more pissed about Herm's loss to Indy than DV's loss to Indy.
The DV game was more exciting to watch, while Herms made me want to kill myself because i was so frustrated at the Chiefs inability to back up their defense

el borracho
08-01-2007, 10:58 AM
DV's loss to Indy wasn't a total embarrassment to the entire Chiefs Kingdom that caused premature births and cost lives.

FAX
How quickly we forget, Mr. FAX. The Chiefs were unable to make Indy punt the entire game and were subsequently ridiculed by the commisioner of the entire effin' league at an award ceremony. It most certainly was an embarrassment.

pikesome
08-01-2007, 10:59 AM

FAX

The first puntless game in playoff history? That's a bigger embarrassment in my mind. That game is in the record books. Maybe if the Chiefs hadn't been so good on D earlier it wouldn't have stung so much.

Chiefnj2
08-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Thats a good point. But JW is dead on about his reasons why the Chiefs never won in the playoffs with DV:

4. The belief that KC’s pass-happy, finesse offense would carry the team

How is he dead on if:

2. Vermeils practices were long and arduous. How does that keep them rested and fresh?

3. I don't think there was complacency on defense. Almost all the early draft picks and most FA's were defense. Gun got his huge shopping list of players.

4. The Chiefs O was balanced. It wasn't a run and shoot. And it did carry them. It couldn't overcome a defense that couldn't force a punt, but it carried them nonetheless.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Why can't we live in a world where the chiefs are awesome on both sides of the ball?

LOCOChief
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Your right, I guess I wasnt thinking...

Please excuse the mess while Carl is rebuilding his Superbowl team...

I'm still curious who would you replace them with if you could?

morphius
08-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how DV's was a "pass happy" O while he was here. Sure it was in StL, but not so much here. They thing about a DV offense is that it can adept if a team tries to shut you down, last years playoff game showed none of that ability.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Al Pacino

Brock
08-01-2007, 11:18 AM

FAX

You sure about that?

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 12:22 PM
The first puntless game in playoff history? That's a bigger embarrassment in my mind. That game is in the record books. Maybe if the Chiefs hadn't been so good on D earlier it wouldn't have stung so much.
Elmo comes up with better SH#T than that. I thought that vandy had the worst botched field goal in playoff history until i saw tynes miss that chip shot

FAX
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
How quickly we forget, Mr. FAX. The Chiefs were unable to make Indy punt the entire game and were subsequently ridiculed by the commisioner of the entire effin' league at an award ceremony. It most certainly was an embarrassment.

All true, Mr. el borracho. Nevertheless, one has to remember that the Mannings didn't make us punt, either. Plus, the commisioner is a Manning fan. Two plays come to mind in that game that cause enduring heartache - the fumble by Priest after running for almost 50 yards and, what everyone in the entire western world agrees was a controversial pass interference call on TG.

At least we went down fighting in that game. We didn't even show up in the last one.

FAX

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
i agree

Baby Lee
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM

FAX
I was twice as heartened by the hint of the return of the defense in playoffs 2004, as I was by the O's doomed Hurculean efforts to overcome the D in playoffs 2007.

Baby Lee
08-01-2007, 12:38 PM
At least we went down fighting in that game. We didn't even show up in the last one.
What fight did the D put up in 04?
The D didn't show up in 07?

FAX
It's funny how people can view the same car wreck differently, Mr. Baby Lee.

The way I saw it, the first game was a fight to the finish whereas we didn't even come out for the bell in the second one.

FAX

orange
I could be wrong about Herm but I don't think so. If I had to make a prediction I would say he is going to be a horrible failure and never be a head coach in this league again after he leaves KC.

BIG_DADDY,

You can be right about Herm and still be wrong with your prediction. Horrible failures get re-hired as head coaches in the NFL all the time. Just look at San Diego for example. Once you're in, you're in.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I think fax is referring to the scoreboard

FAX
08-01-2007, 12:41 PM

I think I could agree with you, Mr. Baby Lee, if we assume for a moment that football teams are made up of defenses only.

FAX

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 12:50 PM
BIG_DADDY,

You can be right about Herm and still be wrong with your prediction. Horrible failures get re-hired as head coaches in the NFL all the time. Just look at San Diego for example. Once you're in, you're in.

People keep hiring Marty, even though he is one of the most pathetic playoff coaches to ever walk an NFL sideline... But teams get desperate and do stupid things...

Heck we hired Herm, enough said.

InChiefsHeaven
08-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Why can't we live in a world where the chiefs are awesome on both sides of the ball?

Because it would be...

...the end of the world as we know it...

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 12:54 PM

GM's? I would have to sit down and do some research, which I dont have time to... One comes to mind was the young man from NE... But he is married to the daughter of Bill. So probably a no go... Heck even Redrums mom could do just a good as a job as Carl has done the last 18 years.

Coach's, One comes to mind and that is Sean Payton... Is a tremendous upgrade over what we have now. Not saying he could of done better with the injuries we had last year, but couldn't of done worse. At least the future would be brighter with the coaching staff... Carls little monkey yes man, has proved he cant get it done.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 12:58 PM
GM: Theo Epstein
Coach: Cowher

el borracho
08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
GM: Theo Epstein
Coach: Cowher
The Sweat Hog?

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2007, 01:04 PM
GM's? I would have to sit down and do some research, which I dont have time to... One comes to mind was the young man from NE... But he is married to the daughter of Bill. So probably a no go... Heck even Redrums mom could do just a good as a job as Carl has done the last 18 years.

Coach's, One comes to mind and that is Sean Payton... Is a tremendous upgrade over what we have now. Not saying he could of done better with the injuries we had last year, but couldn't of done worse. At least the future would be brighter with the coaching staff... Carls little monkey yes man, has proved he cant get it done.

Marty built that team he should have been allowed to make a run with them.

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 01:06 PM
The Sweat Hog?
Best GM in baseball

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Marty built that team he should have been allowed to make a run with them.
Marty has no business on the sidelines of the NFL playoffs ever. He has had his chances and repeatedly screw them up with his retarded "Play not to win" coaching style...

SD wised up and booted his worthless ass to the curb... Not saying hiring Norv Turner was a bright move, but anytime you can get rid of coaches like Marty or Herm, you will be a better organization in the long run.

Baby Lee
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I think I could agree with you, Mr. Baby Lee, if we assume for a moment that football teams are made up of defenses only.

FAX
You said 'we' went down fighting in 04 and 'we' didn't even show up in 07.
Sorry for interpreting your pronoun utilization as a reference to the Kansas City Chiefs NFL football team.

LOCOChief
08-01-2007, 01:24 PM

Still no GM?

Herms probably not anyone's yes man. The guy has played the game at a pretty high level, now I'm not saying that means that he will be successful, but I guarantee he's nobody’s b!tch. And would you have been such a Sean Payton fan before last season? I'd bet not, at least not the first name on your list. Hell according to an earlier post of yours Marty's the most pathetic NFL coach in history? In the spirit of making bold statements I'll predict without Marty (Pathetic coach right?) SD won't accomplish what most sports writers and Vegas odds say they have the best chance of accomplishing. That team won't get out of 2nd gear, they have the talent, but there will be some unrest and to much individualism. I'll be around this board to eat my words on this if necessary (and that is quite possible) But Marty is a good coach and I think Herm will prove to be as well. JMO

FAX
08-01-2007, 01:29 PM
You said 'we' went down fighting in 04 and 'we' didn't even show up in 07.
Sorry for interpreting your pronoun utilization as a reference to the Kansas City Chiefs NFL football team.

Okay, now I'm beyond confused and migrating quickly into the area of blumberfussed, Mr. Baby Lee.

In the context of my initial comment, "we" was intended to indicate and refer to the Kansas City Chiefs NFL football team. That is correct. My position in this matter is, therefore, quite simple. "We" put up a heck of a fight at Arrowhead in the playoffs vs Indy. Sure the defense sucked, but so did Indy's. It was that kind of game. We fought back from a deficit and I will go to my grave believing that, were it not for Priest's fumble and the outrageous pass interference call against TG, "we" would have emerged victorious.

Alternatively, "we" looked like a high school team at Indianapolis. Sure, the defense played better, but as a team, "we" were more of an overall embarrassment to the franchise, the fans, mothers of all children, and those people who stick buggers up their asses. That's my position and I'm stickin' to it.

FAX

pikesome
08-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm beginning to wish we'd never started on "which loss sucked more". I feel like we're arguing who's uglier, Rosanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell. There's no wrong answer.

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Herms probably not anyone's yes man. The guy has played the game at a pretty high level, now I'm not saying that means that he will be successful, but I guarantee he's nobody’s b!tch. And would you have been such a Sean Payton fan before last season? Yes I wanted him anyone other than someone from Carls little tree I'd bet not, at least not the first name on your list. Hell according to an earlier post of yours Marty's the most pathetic playoff NFL coach in history? In the spirit of making bold statements I'll predict without Marty (Pathetic coach right?) SD won't accomplish what most sports writers and Vegas odds say they have the best chance of accomplishing. That team won't get out of 2nd gear, they have the talent, but there will be some unrest and to much individualism. I'll be around this board to eat my words on this if necessary (and that is quite possible) But Marty is a good coach and I think Herm will prove to be as well. JMO

Loco, Marty is a heck of a regular season coach. If regular season is all you care about and a total disregard for the playoffs and superbowl. Then Marty is your man, He will build a solid regular season team... He has proved that time and time agian, Just like his playoff failures.

Your right about SD, they wont be able to get out of their own way this year with Turner at the Helm.. Bad replacement choice for coaches. Cam Cameron might of kept the ship sailing smoothly. Maybe? Turner is a disaster waiting to happen.

Again, I was wanting someone that was totally new and would take the chiefs in a new direction.. I am not thrilled that we are trying to live the late 80's early 90's again when most teams realize this is 2007.

It could of been a moment where Carl redeemed himself and hired someone totally different and instead of another of his close friends... That might of gotten alot of us fans off his sorry back for suffering through 18 years of his 5 year plan.

Maybe I am being harsh by judging when it counts. Playoff wins and superbowl appearances are what matters, not filling the stands each sunday during the regular season.

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Marty has no business on the sidelines of the NFL playoffs ever. He has had his chances and repeatedly screw them up with his retarded "Play not to win" coaching style...

SD wised up and booted his worthless ass to the curb... Not saying hiring Norv Turner was a bright move, but anytime you can get rid of coaches like Marty or Herm, you will be a better organization in the long run.
Then they never should have brought Marty in. He built a very good team.

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Then they never should have brought Marty in. He built a very good team.
Like always. Marty will build a great team no question and Martys team will fail in the playoffs no question.

LOCOChief
08-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Most of the time it takes a hell of a lot of luck to get through the first playoff game unscathed or with a win. The proof is not always does the best team win just like in the regular season. These guys are so good and the parody that the league has created from one team to the next means it can be very subtle differences between winning and losing. But one thing is for sure, your not going to win a playoff game if your regular season record isn't good enough to get your there in the first place. Marty and Herm ROCK!!!!

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 02:26 PM
LOCOChief, you really are LOCO!!!!

Thanks for making my day with this quote "But one thing is for sure, your not going to win a playoff game if your regular season record isn't good enough to get your there in the first place. Marty and Herm ROCK!!!!"

ROFL

LMAO

LOCOChief
08-01-2007, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Reerun_KC]LOCOChief, you really are LOCO!!!!

That's what I've been told

Skip Towne
08-01-2007, 02:36 PM
People keep hiring Marty, even though he is one of the most pathetic playoff coaches to ever walk an NFL sideline... But teams get desperate and do stupid things...

Heck we hired Herm, enough said.
Marty fills up stadiums you moron.

Reerun_KC
08-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Marty fills up stadiums you moron.

Of course he does, then he gets ran out of town on the first bus when he empties those stadiums during the playoffs...

Moron? Nice to see you are in fine form today Skippy...

So as a fan? You more concerned with the stadium being full or winning in the playoffs?

Me? I would rather be respectable in the playoffs and be a serious threat to win a superbowl then to concern myself with seating issues.

crazycoffey
08-01-2007, 02:43 PM
those two things aren't mutually exclusive, my plane flying friend....

Priest4Prez
08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Me? I would rather be respectable in the playoffs and be a serious threat to win a superbowl then to concern myself with seating issues.
We're close to that (or at least have been for the past ten years)