PDA

View Full Version : Okay. I Give Up

FAX
08-02-2007, 06:42 AM
I have never played fantasy football. I have no idea how it works. I know that you select wacky players from teams all over the league, or other places, and then you make points based on their performance. Then, I'm assuming that the guy with the most points wins a special evening with the international actress/model of his choice. At least, I think that's how it works. It sounds both incredibly stupid and potentially quite enjoyable so I'm interested in learning about this deal.

Please be so kind as to consider this a fantasy football primer thread. If you have any information in respect to fantasy football that a novice such as myself could use to join a league and win big time, please advice and thanks.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Mecca
08-02-2007, 06:43 AM
What do you want to know? It's just basically a stats game you want the biggest performers to score the most points.

RB's are far and away the most valuable guys because they get rushing/recieving yards and the most TD's.

FAX
08-02-2007, 06:53 AM
What do you want to know? It's just basically a stats game you want the biggest performers to score the most points.

RB's are far and away the most valuable guys because they get rushing/recieving yards and the most TD's.

Well, as I said, Mr. Mecca. I know absolutely nothing. I mean ziltch to the max. So, I'd like to know how it works. What leagues are out there? What are the differences between the leagues? How do you join up? How you draft. Do you draft? All that kind of thing.

FAX

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Ive never played either. It looks like a plot.

FAX
08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Ive never played either. It looks like a plot.

I've always been skeptical myself, Mr. HonestChieffan. But maybe this thread will serve as a sort of fantasy football 101 class, and those of us who are both interested and ignorant can acquire some helpful information.

FAX THE INTERESTED AND IGNORANT

Mecca
08-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Well, as I said, Mr. Mecca. I know absolutely nothing. I mean ziltch to the max. So, I'd like to know how it works. What leagues are out there? What are the differences between the leagues? How do you join up? How you draft. Do you draft? All that kind of thing.

FAX

I play on Yahoo.......it's real simple. If you do a live draft you show up when it's draft time and you see where your pick is, each time your pick is up you take who you want that is available. It's a snake draft which means if you have the first pick you will go last next round. It would go 1,2,3 so forth then the 2nd round would come back the other way 12,11,10 so forth.

You can check a leagues scoring generally passing TD's aren't worth as much as rushing or recieving TD's same as passing yards aren't. So unless your QB is throwing 40 TD's you don't have a huge advantage in points at QB. You also usually get extra points if a guy gets a TD out of his position like a QB gets bonus points for rushing yards and rushing TD's more than a RB would get. Or if a RB catches a TD and so forth.

RB's are far and away the most valuable I won a league just on RB's at 1 point. Just make sure when you start picking backup players they don't have the same bye weeks as starters.

Anything else you wanna know?

Skip Towne
08-02-2007, 07:00 AM
Please be advised that this activity will require you to watch football game you otherwise would have no interest in.

Simplex3
08-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Yahoo hosts free leagues with live drafts. I know there are other places that do, too. Depending on your personality you might want live stats, most places make you pay for those. So, pick a place and sign up.

Next, you need to begin decide on your drafting strategy. Then, draft your team. Most places have live drafts, but you can also just set up the order you would like the players to be drafted in if for some reason you can't make it to the live draft.

The #1 thing to do is find an advice site that you like. To pimp a local Broncos fan's site:

http://www.pigskinsanity.com/

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 07:05 AM
snake draft...see the terms and vocabulary is difficult to understand.

FAX
08-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks, guys. Based on your responses, I have a boatload of questions and I'm listing to port.

Let me go check out Yahoo, get myself organized, and I'll return to the thread with specific questions.

FAX

FAX
08-02-2007, 07:08 AM
snake draft...see the terms and vocabulary is difficult to understand.

Yeah. Snake draft sounds pretty bad. I don't think I want that. Mr. Mecca may be setting us up.

I'm going to Yahoo and check it out so I can ask questions that are a tad more intelligent.

FAX

KC Jones
08-02-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm no expert but here's some important tidbits:

Different leagues have different rules for scoring points, in one league INTs might count against you and in another they won't. So, it's important to understand your leagues point system to know how to evaluate players. For most leagues the biggest scorers are RBs, then QBs. WRs and TEs can put up decent numbers but you probably wouldn't want to draft one in the top rounds. Keeper leagues mean you keep the players on your roster year to year. That's gay, because it makes it that much harder to join a league and be competitive. Most leagues that I know of pit one member against another each week, and all you do is tally up your 'team' points based on individual stats to determine a winner. The fantasy season ends early so that fantasy playoffs can be during the NFL regular season (so all members of the league have a chance to have all of their players playing in games).

For me it can become a bit of a distraction because you're trying to keep tabs on your players stats in multiple games instead of actually enjoying a game of football. If you ever find yourself switching away from a Chiefs game to check on a player in another game, it's time to step away from the fantasy football buffet. However, it will make you aware of players throughout the league and can generate interest in the whole league rather than just one team.

Mecca
08-02-2007, 07:10 AM
All Yahoo public league are snake drafted, it's basically so if you have the last pick you don't get screwed having to pick last in every single round.

Simplex3
08-02-2007, 07:14 AM
For me it can become a bit of a distraction because you're trying to keep tabs on your players stats in multiple games instead of actually enjoying a game of football.
...and therein lies the reason I won't be playing FF this year.

FAX
08-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Aren't the stats maintained automatically by the league?

FAX

Mecca
08-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Aren't the stats maintained automatically by the league?

FAX

Yes but when you watch games you find yourself rooting for guys on your fantasy team.

crazycoffey
08-02-2007, 07:20 AM
NFL.com has free leagues too.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 07:21 AM
best place for a beginner?

crazycoffey
08-02-2007, 07:21 AM
...and therein lies the reason I won't be playing FF this year.

and therein also lies one of the 8 reasons we don't have enough players for the 10pm league.....

:p

Mecca
08-02-2007, 07:23 AM
and therein also lies one of the 8 reasons we don't have enough players for the 10pm league.....

Well I can play provided you guys are cool with losing....

FAX
08-02-2007, 07:25 AM
best place for a beginner?

Good question. I can only hope that someone will answer this question accurately, promptly, and without reference to snakes.

FAX

crazycoffey
08-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Well I can play provided you guys are cool with losing....

I'm here so much that I am quite comfortable with being called a loser....

kc rush
08-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Good question. I can only hope that someone will answer this question accurately, promptly, and without reference to snakes.

FAX

I haven't played for a couple of years, but I found Yahoo to be really easy. It is free and you can select if you are a novice or an expert (I'm assuming you still can). You can do a live draft or rank your players and let the system pick your team by best player available.

I always did the ranking and let the system pick because I couldn't commit enough time to sit around drafting.

crazycoffey
08-02-2007, 07:31 AM
I haven't played for a couple of years, but I found Yahoo to be really easy. It is free and you can select if you are a novice or an expert (I'm assuming you still can). You can do a live draft or rank your players and let the system pick your team by best player available.

I always did the ranking and let the system pick because I couldn't commit enough time to sit around drafting.

it's a good league system, I've played it before and may again, I am also a big fan of NFL.com and it's very much the same as Yahoo.

FAX
08-02-2007, 07:36 AM

Hmmm. I think I like the idea of just signing up and having the whole process automatically happen without any involvement from me, Mr. kc rush. On the other hand, I'm not sure why one would want to join if you're just going to sit back and watch. I'd feel like that guy who programmed the droids to play poker in that movie where he killed the other guys to save the interstellar forest dome.

But, here's my question; How does the system know "best player available"? Is it based on last year's stats or something?

FAX

kc rush
08-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Hmmm. I think I like the idea of just signing up and having the whole process automatically happen without any involvement from me, Mr. kc rush. On the other hand, I'm not sure why one would want to join if you're just going to sit back and watch. I'd feel like that guy who programmed the droids to play poker in that movie where he killed the other guys to save the interstellar forest dome.

But, here's my question; How does the system know "best player available"? Is it based on last year's stats or something?

FAX

They do rank players based on last years stats, but you can change the ranking if you feel that a player is going to be better or drop off. You can leave it completely up to the computer or rank them yourself.

Once the team is drafted you can claim and drop players as you feel necessary. You also select the active players on your team every week (based on what you feel will be a good match up). So its not like you do nothing.

Nzoner
08-02-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm no expert but here's some important tidbits:

Different leagues have different rules for scoring points, in one league INTs might count against you and in another they won't. So, it's important to understand your leagues point system to know how to evaluate players.

Exactly,the #1 thing to look for if you're going to get serious about playing FF.

Mr Fax,as stated before a free league would be the best place to get your feet wet if you will,however,after 14 years of playing FF myself I can tell you that there is NOTHING as fun and addicting as finding a local league with 9 or 11 other guys and having a live in person draft day with a set entry fee and cash winnings throughout the season for this and that.

There are numerous sites out there that will host leagues for a nominal fee,personally we use Statsworld.com and love it.

There are also internet money games you can play for little cash to get a good feel for the game.For that I use CDM Fantasy Sports out of St Louis,they offer numerous leagues from budget to high roller and some(like another one I play)is a salary cap league where you literally become a GM and have to manage your team based on a salary cap.

I have to get ready to go to work in outside sales but here's a couple of links that may be helpful.I could talk about this all day but alas I will have to check back.

FF Today (http://fftoday.com/) a nice little site complete with articles and a messageboard.

CDM Sports (http://www.cdmsports.com/index.php) a sampling of all the different leagues available to win cash all with rules spelled out.

Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx) another site dedicated to FF players,with news tidbits and the like.

Skip Towne
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
You would be welcome to join our league, Mr. FAX. We play for money. We'll tell you if you win.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Simplex - thanks for the plug.

Our site doesn't host leagues, but we have rankings, articles and stuff like that throughout the year.

Fantasy football is pretty complex now. It used to be pretty basic lineups, scoring, etc. Now things can be as generic as joining a free Yahoo league with basic scoring and lineup options. Or, you can get into complex balanced offensive and defensive scoring with IDP (Individual Defensive Players) as opposed to team defenses.

I've never played in a free league with people I didn't know b/c you really don't know the quality of people you're up against. And, I've read a lot of horror stories about the free leagues.

I think your best bet if you're interested in joining a league to get a feel for fantasy football... is get involved with a league that has people you know. Have fun with it and you may find it both fun and addictive.

Lots of people say it ruins your ability to watch an NFL game and sometimes that's true, but overall I love it. It is crazy at times to try and focus on a game when I'm catching the ticker updates for my fantasy players, but you get used to it. I like it b/c I become interested in games that I normally wouldn't care to watch... Like the Lions/Browns.

Our site has a thread where we're looking for a few new entrants into a free league, so if you'd like to test the waters... check it out.

FF is really only as fun as the time you put into it and I think you need to have quality people in your league.

rad
08-02-2007, 09:02 AM
RB's are gonna be flying off the board, Mr. FAX, but don't follow suit. You're gonna want to draft kickers early and often. Let those other fools waste their early picks, good RB's can be had in later rounds..... ;)

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 09:10 AM
I actually find FF leagues to be enjoyable.

I do pay a $150 buy in fee though. Last year I came in 1st place and won $1200. I also play it with 10-12 close friends and this is basically how we all stay in touch with each other.

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 09:11 AM
RB's are gonna be flying off the board, Mr. FAX, but don't follow suit. You're gonna want to draft kickers early and often. Let those other fools waste their early picks, good RB's can be had in later rounds..... ;)

Just remember Mr. FAX...as the commercial says "Never take FF advice from a "friend".

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
People who play fantasy football end up doing things like hoping the Raiders score, and hoping the Broncos win. I want none of that.

FAX
08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
People who play fantasy football end up doing things like hoping the Raiders score, and hoping the Broncos win. I want none of that.

Hmmm. I didn't realize that, Mr. Rain Man.

Look, you don't have to pick donk and faider players, do you?

FAX

kc rush
08-02-2007, 09:22 AM

That is why I only played in free leagues. I never drafted from those teams. If I lost because of my refusal to support those teams I wasn't out any money, and best of all I had a clear conscience.

I did win my league a couple of times without turning to the dark side, so I felt pretty good about that.

rad
08-02-2007, 09:22 AM

FAX

I don't.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2007, 09:24 AM

FAX

You can pick whomever you like... it's advised to not draft with your heart though. So, don't go crazy with KC players and don't ignore others from teams you hate just b/c you hate them.

There have been a few times when I need a player to do well to win, but that could mean my Broncos lose... every time, I go with the Broncos win even if it means my fantasy team loses.

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Good thread Mr. Fax. It sounds like a lot of work though. The last couple years I have dropped out of many "pools" just because of the amount of effort required to win.

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 10:05 AM
If it would help me win, I would draft Satan himself. I would draft Hitler. I would draft Osama bin Laden. I wouldn't like it, but I would do it.

However, I should note that I would never draft Romanowski or Elway, so I guess I have some limits.

kc rush
08-02-2007, 10:18 AM
If it would help me win, I would draft Satan himself. I would draft Hitler. I would draft Osama bin Laden. I wouldn't like it, but I would do it.

However, I should note that I would never draft Romanowski or Elway, so I guess I have some limits.

ROFL

Satan/Hitler/Osama > Romo/Elway

Sounds about right ROFL

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
The only Bronco's or Raiders that I've drafted were Garrison Hearst back in the day.....and Randy Moss last year. And Moss got traded after week 3.

LiL stumppy
08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
It depends on how the league head guy sets it up. But there can be 8-12 teams, you draft through 15 rounds. And usually you want to have depth at RB, because they get points the most consistent. In the league I play in, you start 1 QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1D,1K. And then you have your backups that are on their bye week, or you don't like their match ups or what ever, that aren't playing that week. Its really fun, making trades and have a waiver list and what not.

Ceej
08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Lets just say, I played my first year last year and I'm hooked. Or maybe addicted? Either or, I had a blast. Definitely plan on doing it again.

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I was in a league once, and I proposed what I thought was a great rule. Once per season, you could injure another team's player for one game. It could be a game when you were playing them, or it could be another game. Got someone who's running away with the division? Everyone can take turns injuring Tomlinson for a week. I thought it would be a lot of fun, but it got voted down.

Ceej
08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
And it's a MUST that you always make at least one HOMER pick a year. Last year I took KC's defense in the later rounds.

Maybe this year it'll be Bowe. :)

Mile High Mania
08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
It's ok to grab a player from your team of choice as long as it's a solid pick and not a reach. Some owners get caught up in either picking 2-3 players from "their team" and avoiding players from teams they hate... it's fantasy football and it's not really ideal to take that route.

But, whatever you enjoy is fine as long as it makes sense.

I don't care for Kennison at all from a fantasy perspective, he's too incredibly inconsistent, but I'll take him as a #6 WR or something.

Pimpage Alert ...

If you go to our site and sign up (it's quick and free) you can view our content under the ARTICLES tab. Rankings, articles, Degree of Difficulty charts... it's all there and we're adding our Sleeper picks this week, they should be up today.

FAX
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Personally, I think Osama's robe would trip him up, but Hitler would probably make a heck of a wide out. The kind of guy who goes for that extra yardage.

FAX

Ceej
08-02-2007, 10:32 AM
How about Hitler in a rock band?

ct
08-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Getting into this thread late, anything else you want to know FAX?

HemiEd
I was in a league once, and I proposed what I thought was a great rule. Once per season, you could injure another team's player for one game. It could be a game when you were playing them, or it could be another game. Got someone who's running away with the division? Everyone can take turns injuring Tomlinson for a week. I thought it would be a lot of fun, but it got voted down.

Sounds like a brilliant idea to me. Did they offer any explanation for voting it down?

Ceej
Also, Mr. Fax, to save embarrassment or to not have your knowledge questioned. If you decide to do a live draft with some friends - make sure to bring a FF magazine, some paper and a pencil. That way you at least look like you know what you're doing. Just lookin' out!

Mile High Mania
08-02-2007, 10:38 AM

Interesting and you wonder why this notion was shot down... sounds like you may need to improve your team building abilities.

FAX
08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Getting into this thread late, anything else you want to know FAX?

I still have a ton of questions, Mr. coryt. Later today, I'm going to visit Yahoo and investigate their league(s). Once I've done that, I think I can ask more thoughtful/valid questions. I don't want to waste anyone's time with too many naive ones.

FAX

Mile High Mania
08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Also, Mr. Fax, to save embarrassment or to not have your knowledge questioned. If you decide to do a live draft with some friends - make sure to bring a FF magazine, some paper and a pencil. That way you at least look like you know what you're doing. Just lookin' out!

I'm not sure if that was a post made in jest or not... but, magazines are out of date by the time they hit the news stand. I mean, if you want a list of depth carts, schedules, etc you can download those from NFL.com or any number of sites.

If you want rankings, again... you need to get something that is up to date and most mags are going to be weeks behind and unable to account for injuries,etc.

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Interesting and you wonder why this notion was shot down... sounds like you may need to improve your team building abilities.

These people just don't think like football coaches.

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Personally, I think Osama's robe would trip him up, but Hitler would probably make a heck of a wide out. The kind of guy who goes for that extra yardage.

FAX

My problem with Hitler is that he's always trying too hard to make the big plays. Sometimes you just have to take Czechoslovakia and get out of bounds.

KCChiefsMan
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
the biggest thing is staying active in the league, dropping wasted picks for free agents making some noise, my main QB last year was Eli Manning (ouch!) but I won the league because I adjusted and picked up Vince Young who towards the end of the year started to kick ass! Also picking Frank Gore in the 8th round pretty much solidified my win. Load up on RBs and drop the ones who aren;t doing well or trade them.

Mr. Plow
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I have never played fantasy football. I have no idea how it works. I know that you select wacky players from teams all over the league, or other places, and then you make points based on their performance. Then, I'm assuming that the guy with the most points wins a special evening with the international actress/model of his choice. At least, I think that's how it works. It sounds both incredibly stupid and potentially quite enjoyable so I'm interested in learning about this deal.

Please be so kind as to consider this a fantasy football primer thread. If you have any information in respect to fantasy football that a novice such as myself could use to join a league and win big time, please advice and thanks.

FAX

Disclaimers: Sorry if repost.

Regardless of what anyone else has said in this thread, there is one key to playing fantasy football......KICKERS. You need multiple - preferably 3 or 4. RB's can get some points, but they are not worth taking in the first 7 rounds or so. If you take a high profile kicker in the 1st round, you'll be destined to win the league.

No thanks necessary.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2007, 11:14 AM
the biggest thing is staying active in the league, dropping wasted picks for free agents making some noise, my main QB last year was Eli Manning (ouch!) but I won the league because I adjusted and picked up Vince Young who towards the end of the year started to kick ass! Also picking Frank Gore in the 8th round pretty much solidified my win. Load up on RBs and drop the ones who aren;t doing well or trade them.

All of this is pretty sound advice, but you do need to really undertand the league scoring and the starting roster requirements.

Is PPR a play? How about Flex? Do you start 2 RBs and 3 WRs? Where do you pick in R1, R2, R3, R4?

Early on, you can really set the tone and foundation for your team. The standard used to be "Go RB RB in the first two rounds", but that's not always the best thing to do - it all depends on your league.

TIP TIP TIP TIP TIP

Don't get caught up with runs on QBs, RBs or WRs. There are times when you think "Damn, all the QBs are going to be gone by R5, but if you have the chance to take a stud WR... do it".

And, despite what you will hear ... taking a kicker or defense before the the last 4 rounds isn't advised in my book. You can miss out on the top 3-4 kickers and top 5-6 defenses and still be fine. Team Def/ST's are the biggest crapshoot every year. IDP is much different, but you want most of your backups at QB/RB/WR/TE filled before going K and DEF.

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Regardless of what anyone else has said in this thread, there is one key to playing fantasy football......KICKERS. You need multiple - preferably 3 or 4. RB's can get some points, but they are not worth taking in the first 7 rounds or so. If you take a high profile kicker in the 1st round, you'll be destined to win the league.

No thanks necessary.

R EPOST

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Who changed it so if you put "R EPOST".....it says "I have nothing to add".

lol

Mr. Plow
08-02-2007, 11:18 AM
R EPOST

I can't read....what did you say?

Mr. Kotter
08-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Wait until the fourth of fifth round to draft a running back, especially RBs who catch the ball too....they are big time over-rated in most Fantasy Football Leagues. ;)

Your first three rounds should be spent on TE, K, and Defenses....because you want the best of those positions. Yup.

crazycoffey
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Repost
I have nothing to add
just a test....

that's funny! if it's all caps it changed.... must be pretty new.

rad
08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Repost

rad
08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
REPOST

rad
08-02-2007, 12:45 PM

KCChiefsMan
08-02-2007, 12:49 PM
also make sure you have at least 5 Chiefs players on your team.

teedubya
08-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I for one, am sick of the Fantasy football nonsense. I can't even go to Borders bookstore to pick up a good business magazine, because all of those magazines are replaced for Fantasy Football crap right now.

312 Fantasy Football magazines is enough, I'd say.

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I totally agree, Ari. I was in the grocery store the other day, and thought, "I'll pick up a preseason magazine." I like to do that, because that's the only way I'll ever read about stuff like the Falcons' offensive line or the Jets' linebackers.

So I stroll over there, and they've got probably a dozen magazines about pro football, and only one of them actually covered the sport instead of being purely about fantasy football. Even that one had to concede a section about fantasy football. It's simply not acceptable.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2007, 02:01 PM
It's big business, obviously... the demographic of your average fantasy football player is an advertiser's wet dream.

Your average fantasy football enthusiast spends upwards of $150-200 on the hobby each year. The majority of this demo is college educated, with nearly half having a household income well over $100k annually.

There's more info, but it's a multi-billion dollar market with 15-20 million people playing annually - just fantasy football.

morphius
08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Repost
I have nothing to add
just a test....

that's funny! if it's all caps it changed.... must be pretty new.
I did that a few weeks ago...

Nzoner
08-02-2007, 08:02 PM

I've got one rule in my $135 buy in league and I've stuck to it for 14 years,NEVER EVER EVER draft a focking Raider.The guys drafting in front and back of me love it because they know if they're targeting one and it's my pick that I'm not taking them.

Nzoner
08-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Speaking of drafting anybody here know your draft slot yet?

I drew #12 which means I get #13 as well and have a real dilemma.I know I need at least 1 rb but I'm really wanting Brady & TO this season.I love what the Pats have done this year with their receiving corps and since our league awards 6 pts per td at qb plus 1 pt for every 25 yds passing I'm seeing Brady at or near the top in our scoring.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2007, 07:27 AM
In a 12 team league... Tom Brady's ADP is right around Round 3 / Pick 9. So, depending on where you pick in R3 - that should be your target, I haven't seen too many mocks that have him going higher than R3.

TO is sitting at Round 2 / Pick 9 actually in ADP value, so yeah ... if those are the 2 you want, then you better grab a RB in R1. However, #13 overall is a bit high for TO. But, you can get Steve Smith or someone better than TO.

I like that 12/13 pick for the RB/RB selections as you could get two very nice options like Henry or McGahee and Thomas Jones. Just depends on your scoring.

www.fantasyfootballcalculator.com is a good place for ADP data

crazycoffey
08-03-2007, 07:31 AM
I did that a few weeks ago...

I don't type RE-POST enough to have seen it earlier, still pretty funny. I bet you can have all types of fun with that Mod-power.....

Speaking of FF again, I was trying to start one with some planeteers on NFL.com but not getting much response, so I'll open it to anyone here that isn't in enough leagues.... Free of course, live draft next tuesday night. Fax?? anyone anyone??

Nzoner
08-03-2007, 07:36 AM
In a 12 team league... Tom Brady's ADP is right around Round 3 / Pick 9. So, depending on where you pick in R3 - that should be your target, I haven't seen too many mocks that have him going higher than R3.

TO is sitting at Round 2 / Pick 9 actually in ADP value, so yeah ... if those are the 2 you want, then you better grab a RB in R1. However, #13 overall is a bit high for TO. But, you can get Steve Smith or someone better than TO.

I like that 12/13 pick for the RB/RB selections as you could get two very nice options like Henry or McGahee and Thomas Jones. Just depends on your scoring.

www.fantasyfootballcalculator.com is a good place for ADP data

Thanks man,knowing my league Brady will not be around on my 3rd pick.

Last year at #10 my first 3 picks in order were Carson Palmer,Westbrook and I took Gore in the 3rd which at the time got me quite a few laughs from the guys.It was a close race with the LT owner but on New Year's Eve in the 3rd quarter of the Bears/Packer game I won the league on the long td by the Bears' Bradley.

Nzoner
08-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Free of course, live draft next tuesday night. Fax?? anyone anyone??

Free or not that's too damn early for any draft.

Mile High Mania
08-03-2007, 07:41 AM
One of my leagues is a new dynasty league with IDP and all that... we're drafting next Wednesday night. Kinda early for me, but I'm ok with it.

crazycoffey
08-03-2007, 07:44 AM
Free or not that's too damn early for any draft.

yeah, a bit, but if you play any FF, you probably have a few leagues going on.... I thought this would be fun just to get the taste buds going. And in the case of Fax, he could do this one now, post about what choices he made and learn something in time to still play another league this season with some experience under his belt.

Nzoner
08-03-2007, 08:05 AM
yeah, a bit, but if you play any FF, you probably have a few leagues going on.... I thought this would be fun just to get the taste buds going. And in the case of Fax, he could do this one now, post about what choices he made and learn something in time to still play another league this season with some experience under his belt.

I hear ya and yes I agree this would be great for Mr Fax.It's too bad someone can't get a real CP league together and I don't mean by computer,a real draft 10-or 12 man for money.

crazycoffey
08-03-2007, 08:12 AM
I hear ya and yes I agree this would be great for Mr Fax.It's too bad someone can't get a real CP league together and I don't mean by computer,a real draft 10-or 12 man for money.

Wonderful Idea! I'd be all over it, but I'm also not in ANY league (except the one I was just talking about with only two people in it.....)

I wonder if there are 10-12 in the St louie area that would be interested.:hmmm: