PDA

View Full Version : Embarq/Sprint

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
This outfit is really amazing. Maybe one of you guys work there. If so you need to have a bit of a talk with the powers that be.

The place is run by trained, poorly trained, monkeys at best. Its like they do not quite get it.

People use email for personal correspondence. And thats probably not a cripple kill if its down occasionally.

But, people also use it for business. And in that regard, it can be a huge issue with lost revenue when you do not get email from a client...they think you are just an asshat who doesnt respond...and by the time you get back to the client, all you can say is I have embarq and their email system sucks.

Embarq/ sprint made news two weeks ago by firing 1000 customers. Im cool with that. Some people are not worth having as a customer. This week they go to all the retiored folks who worked for them long enough to have retirement benefits...called loyalty...and what do they do? The cut all health and medical benefits. Real damn nice. Of course if they sent the freaking notice on the embarq email system they still dont FREAKING KNOW!!!

POS Embarq.

ZepSinger
08-02-2007, 08:13 AM
I worked as a contractor for Sprint about 1.5 years ago. I absolutely HATED it there. Second worst job I've ever had- the only one worse was on a Winnebago assembly line many, many moons ago.

As a Sprint employee, you really are just a number. And job security? HA. You better always have the resume polished and ready to go.

Z

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 08:18 AM
The entire damn outfit is so incompetent...

morphius
08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Embarq and Sprint are not associated anymore, two almost completely separate companies.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 08:20 AM
ok if you believe that fine...every icompetent dillweed who works at embarq was an incompetent dillweed who worked for sprint.

In either case one or both companies are a POS.

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Your a fugging retard.

First of all Embarq is not Sprint.

Sprint/Nextel is the company that fired 1000 Customers.

Embarq was the backbone of Sprint. Embarq used to be the LTD (Local Telephone Division) of Sprint. Sprint/Nextel is the LDD (Long Distance Division). Embarq split from Sprint/Nextel. Embarq has the midwest, northwest, and Las Vegas.

Now that thats been said....

Sprint/Nextel stock Last Price Day Change Volume
$20.65 0.03 (0.15%) 418,600

Embarq stock...Last Price Day Change Volume
$63.37 0.17 (-0.27%) 41,900

Now to further lay down the ownage...

The only layoff that has happened was back in February...and it was VOLUNTARY...for 200 employees:

Embarq Corp., Overland Park, KS, the nation’s fourth-largest traditional telephone company, asked employees for 200 volunteers to resign or it will take other job-cutting measures. Most of the cuts are expected in the Kansas City area. The move comes a day after Embarq reported a dip in annual profits as it loses telephone access lines to cable and wireless competitors.
The Associated Press State & Local Wire, February 9, 2007

But to get back to your original statement....Its amazing what you can find when you GOOGLE: SPRINT/NEXTEL LAYS OFF 1000

Sprint to 1,000 customers: You're fired
Jul 17 2007, 06:09 PM
The cell-phone company cans some of its customers for complaining too much. Told 'we are unable to meet your current wireless needs,' they have a month to find a new provider.

Sprint Nextel is hanging up on 1,000 of its cell-phone subscribers because, the company said, they complained too much.

Sprint Nextel (S, news, msgs), which ranked at the top of MSN Money's Customer Service Hall of Shame in April, apparently didn't appreciate when people called their customer-service lines to voice complaints, The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday. So the company told those unhappy customers to hit the road.

"The number of inquiries you have made to us . . . has led us to determine that we are unable to meet your current wireless needs," Sprint said in its letter.

The letter, dated June 29 and reproduced on the Web site gizmodo.com, tells customers: "We understand that having to switch to another wireless carrier may be an inconvenience. . . . So, a credit has been applied to your account to bring your current balance to zero." Sprint also said it would waive its early termination fee.

But those dumped customers don’t have much time to act. Sprint said it would terminate their contracts, giving those customers until the end of July to find new wireless carriers.

After Sprint was told that it ranked at the bottom of MSN Money’s customer service rankings, a spokeswoman said that "there are definitely areas within customer service where we need to improve" and that "our CEO and others all have said we're committed to doing that."

wutamess
08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Redrum... you an employee?

phisherman
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
sure sounds like it

ChiefsfaninPA
08-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Now that thats been said....

Sprint/Nextel stock Last Price Day Change Volume
$20.65 0.03 (0.15%) 418,600

Embarq stock...Last Price Day Change Volume
$63.37 0.17 (-0.27%) 41,900

Who cares what the stock prices are? Stock price has no bearing on customer service. If that was true all the cell phone companies would have a 0.00 per share price because their customer service is terrible.

allen_kcCard
08-02-2007, 08:45 AM
I believe his point on the stocks is that there are two of them....

ZepSinger
08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
The only layoff that has happened was back in February...and it was VOLUNTARY...for 200 employees:

Embarq Corp., Overland Park, KS, the nation’s fourth-largest traditional telephone company, asked employees for 200 volunteers to resign or it will take other job-cutting measures.

Sounds more like it was "either volunteer to be laid off, or we'll decide who gets laid off." :hmmm:

kc rush
08-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Does this mean that -

Redrum_69 is to Embarq/Sprint

as

rexjake is to GM

?

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:04 AM
What an asshat.

Embarq is a spin off from Sprint. All of us who had Sprint as our home phone provider now have Embarq...its just a spin off so they could try to leverage land line business.

Their stock value is really important? When you are discussing service, or lack thereof, and an inability to deliver even the most elementry parts of the offer...This outfit should be rated a zero.

As a service provider they are incredibly incompetent. They started out with a great agreement with Earthlink...Earthl;ink gets it...but what did they do? They shitcan earthlink deal, force every freaking customer to hassle through email address changes, then implement their in house system. At the time of the new email changeover...they realize oooohh wow...the new one doesnt really work....oh well.

defend away. They suck and they deserve to fail.

Eleazar
08-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm sorry you work there redrum. I'm glad I got out or it sounds like I'd be one of these embarq stooges.

SPchief
08-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Embarq is no longer associated with Sprint/nextel. They now have their corporate offices based in Gardner

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:08 AM
That makes it all better. If they have to call each other or use email, Do they have an ISP thats not Sprint/Nextel/or Embarq?

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Yes I work for them..and yes we are a better company without Sprint/Nextel.

Embarq isnt failing

Sprint/Nextel is

"Their stock value is really important? When you are discussing service, or lack thereof, and an inability to deliver even the most elementry parts of the offer...This outfit should be rated a zero."

Theres alot of people that DO care about stock price. Sprint/Nextel stock has been up and down so much in the last few years. They are also the first ones to make layoffs.

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm sorry you work there redrum. I'm glad I got out or it sounds like I'd be one of these embarq stooges.

LOL

Great salary, great benefits package, oh yeah...be sorry for me.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Great Benefits....It seems great when they CRAP all over the retiree benefits...How can anyone feel comfortable working for an outfit who can renig on promices made over a 30 plus year period.

You drink the Koolaide....and u get what they give

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Sounds more like it was "either volunteer to be laid off, or we'll decide who gets laid off." :hmmm:

Nope, wasnt anything like that at all.

The determining factor was work performance, write-ups, knowledge of the subject, and years of experience.

Theres always alot of factors involved in layoffs.

Whereas Sprint/Nextel...you are just a number if youre an employee. If you are a customer...you are just $$$ and you'll be treated with..customer service that sometimes leads to dropped calls, support that doesnt know problem solving, and if you are truly unlucky...you'll be a contractor.

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Great Benefits....It seems great when they CRAP all over the retiree benefits...How can anyone feel comfortable working for an outfit who can renig on promices made over a 30 plus year period.

You can bad mouth Sprint/Nextel all you want, sounds more like you just another disgruntled employee/customer who hasnt had the opportunity to have quality service. If you would truly like exceptional service then talk with the Embarq customer assistance helpline. I'm sure they would be able to transfer your old number over to a new plan, that would benefit you.

Have a great day.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I have Sprint Mobile and I can assure you that thier customer service is head and shoulders above and beyond anything done by Embarq.

SPchief
08-02-2007, 09:27 AM

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

petegz28
08-02-2007, 09:28 AM
What an asshat.

Embarq is a spin off from Sprint. All of us who had Sprint as our home phone provider now have Embarq...its just a spin off so they could try to leverage land line business.

Their stock value is really important? When you are discussing service, or lack thereof, and an inability to deliver even the most elementry parts of the offer...This outfit should be rated a zero.

As a service provider they are incredibly incompetent. They started out with a great agreement with Earthlink...Earthl;ink gets it...but what did they do? They shitcan earthlink deal, force every freaking customer to hassle through email address changes, then implement their in house system. At the time of the new email changeover...they realize oooohh wow...the new one doesnt really work....oh well.

defend away. They suck and they deserve to fail.

Um fool Sprint doesn't leverage anything of Embarq. They are 2 sperate companies...got it? And I am glad you wish 60,000 plus people lose their jobs.....real nice there Ass-Tard

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:31 AM
damn....who spun off Embarq....Sprint/Nextel.

Why...

Leverage the value.

I know this is high math. Read it slower perhaps you will get it

kc rush
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Why...

Leverage the value.

Actually, they are separate entities. I believe the FCC was part of the reason Embarq was split off.

chagrin
08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I think redrum is in their engineering level in some capacity, maybe their NOC - anyway Sprint Spun off Embarq; I am sure there are all kinds of variables that he would know that the average customer wouldn't.

The only thing I see here that's for sure is that redrum has to realize that to the average customer, the name will always be associated with SPRINT - so they're always going to have that label of poor customer care.

Eleazar
08-02-2007, 09:38 AM

Why...

Leverage the value.

It seems like something that might have been done to make them a more attractive target for acquisition. Lose the anchor of the local business, keep the stuff with growth potential.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:40 AM
You can bad mouth Sprint/Nextel all you want, sounds more like you just another disgruntled employee/customer who hasnt had the opportunity to have quality service. If you would truly like exceptional service then talk with the Embarq customer assistance helpline. I'm sure they would be able to transfer your old number over to a new plan, that would benefit you.

Have a great day.

Isnt that exactly the issue Redrum? The attitude reflected by Embarq in dropping Earthlink and the ensuing issues that faced all of we customers was ignored because the change was based on whats good for Embarq and had zero deliverable benefits to the customer...it was in a word all good for Embarq and the customer can damn well adapt. That sort of mentality comes from a mentality of what are they gonna do? Its not like I can call another company for phone service...You all have me...I understand that. Its just amazing how hard Embarq has worked to piss off so many people.

"just another disgruntled employee/customer who hasnt had the opportunity to have quality service."....Is that not what I am supposed to desire and expect? That defines the idea of "customer". And there is some value in "satisfied customers" in many businesses.

The Embarq customer service people are overwhelmed. I suspect since you are here engaged in this debate that you may not be aware of the crash yesterday that continues today in your companies email system.
All the CSRs can do is give you the official statement handed to them and reasure you that its "being worked on"

In the meantime enjoy your day and if you should see someone who can do something to fix the problem, let them know its not that big a deal, its just customers who need the email fixed.

petegz28
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM

Why...

Leverage the value.

Why? Cause Sprint merged with Nextel and the Fed Gov made them spin off part of the company. Sprint gets $0 from Embarq you fuggin' retard

ZepSinger
08-02-2007, 09:43 AM
and if you are truly unlucky...you'll be a contractor.

You got that right. Lousy pay, no benefits, no vacations, no sick days, no security that your badge would even get you in the door the next day, and get treated like a trained chimp- oh yeah, I was all over that. :shake:

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
god save you if you manage your own money

Eleazar
08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
The only thing I see here that's for sure is that redrum has to realize that to the average customer, the name will always be associated with SPRINT - so they're always going to have that label of poor customer care.

Every provider of a commodity has that label almost. The product is standardized, there's virtually no differentiation between what they and competitors are offering, the market is saturated, it's very expensive to get new customers. So they cut costs to drive the bottom line when sales aren't cutting it.

They all do it. That isn't any different than any other phone provider.

Sure, you'll reply and say "I have T-Mobile and they're great!", but there are just as many people who've had bellyaches about T-Mobile but like Sprint. Personally I never had a problem with Sprint in more than 5 years - but I'm not one of those people who calls customer care more than once a year or so.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-02-2007, 09:46 AM

Have a great day.

LMAO That is awesome.

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Isnt that exactly the issue Redrum? The attitude reflected by Embarq in dropping Earthlink and the ensuing issues that faced all of we customers was ignored because the change was based on whats good for Embarq and had zero deliverable benefits to the customer...it was in a word all good for Embarq and the customer can damn well adapt. That sort of mentality comes from a mentality of what are they gonna do? Its not like I can call another company for phone service...You all have me...I understand that. Its just amazing how hard Embarq has worked to piss off so many people.

"just another disgruntled employee/customer who hasnt had the opportunity to have quality service."....Is that not what I am supposed to desire and expect? That defines the idea of "customer". And there is some value in "satisfied customers" in many businesses.

The Embarq customer service people are overwhelmed. I suspect since you are here engaged in this debate that you may not be aware of the crash yesterday that continues today in your companies email system.
All the CSRs can do is give you the official statement handed to them and reasure you that its "being worked on"

In the meantime enjoy your day and if you should see someone who can do something to fix the problem, let them know its not that big a deal, its just customers who need the email fixed.

Honestchieffan...you arent living up to your user name.

Before running off like a mad Warpaint Illustrated editor on a subject that you A) have false information, B) dont have a clue and just acting a whim, C) think you have a story and want to be the first to break it, or the most popular D) want to argue....please do some more research.

This is what you get when you google...as earlier stated by yours truly...

Embarq Adds Synacor, Drops EarthLink

By: The Online Reporter
Date: April 13, 2007

Embarq, the wireline phone company that was spun out of Sprint, is
beefing up its Embarq-branded broadband by adding Synacor's service.
Synacor enables ISPs such as Embarq to integrate video and non-video
content and services from multiple content providers that the ISP's
customers might subscribe to separately.

The consumer benefits of subscribing to the content through their
ISP, Synacor says, include unified registration, single sign-on and
a single monthly bill for Internet access and subscriptions to
premium content through the ISP.

New myembarq.com and biz.myembarq.com homepages will offer news,
weather, sports, financial information, 20 channels of commercial-
free radio and much more.

Embarq also added Zimbra, a provider of open source collaboration
and messaging software for e-mail. The ISP will migrate its
EarthLink e-mail accounts to the Embarq-branded Internet portal by
November.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
PLEASE pay attention Redrum....Please I beg...

I am a CUSTOMER...thus I am a "user" of the service.

Feedback...it comes from people who are customers...

Sport....I know what the letters said...I was sorta kinda pumped...but guess what?

IT DOES NOT FUNCTION....Its kind of like a new Microsoft product...we all know the buzz and spin...only we find out its got "bugs"...Son...your company has an unstable platform...its simple. What you had worked like a charm. What you moved to has not yet worked consistantly...

I would dearly love it if the press release and the reality were even close.

Its not...

So please do not say I have no information...Im the guy writting the checks and trying to use your service. My information is the best you can get. Should you look internally for reassurance all is well and ignore the end user, a pox on your house!!

Its 1) Clearly not false...your email is down still...2) Its not a whim...2 days of this...and it was happeneing intermittanly over the past 3 and Embarq was aware..

Once again...its just customer feedback.

Skip Towne
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
One of the companies I contract with recently changed their email to Embarq. They have had problems from day one. I emailed them yesterday to inform them they needed to take action on an account. I got no reply. I emailed them this AM to inquire if they are getting my emails. No reply after an hour. I'm going to have to call them I guess.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Skip you need to scroll up. Your experience is not on plan with the press release so you are clearly wrong.

If customers understood corporate strategy, they wouldnt be such a pain in the ass. Please read the mission statement befor bothering Customer Service. Have a very special Day!

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Since I was a previous employee of Sprint...I know how they work.

I know all too well about the customer service...I worked at the PCS Help Desk in Overland Park as a Contractor in the late 1990's...worst job ever.

But, as a contractor..it was great. The more jobs you work for the agency, the higher your pay rate increases. At the last I was making $32.50 an hour as a contractor.

That was 99/00

That was also with no benefits.

When I signed up as a full time employee...I took a slight pay decrease..but the benefits and the sign on bonus was great...since it went straight to a down payment on the house back in 2000

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 10:20 AM
PLEASE pay attention Redrum....Please I beg...

I am a CUSTOMER...thus I am a "user" of the service.

Feedback...it comes from people who are customers...

Sport....I know what the letters said...I was sorta kinda pumped...but guess what?

IT DOES NOT FUNCTION....Its kind of like a new Microsoft product...we all know the buzz and spin...only we find out its got "bugs"...Son...your company has an unstable platform...its simple. What you had worked like a charm. What you moved to has not yet worked consistantly...

I would dearly love it if the press release and the reality were even close.

Its not...

So please do not say I have no information...Im the guy writting the checks and trying to use your service. My information is the best you can get. Should you look internally for reassurance all is well and ignore the end user, a pox on your house!!

Its 1) Clearly not false...your email is down still...2) Its not a whim...2 days of this...and it was happeneing intermittanly over the past 3 and Embarq was aware..

Once again...its just customer feedback.

I'm sorry for the customer service or lack thereof. If you would like I could possibly find someone to help you with your current situation. If you could please tell me the exact problem, when the problem occurred, what actions have you done to solve the problem, type of plan you have, how long you have had this service, your state, your number, and your billing address.

I realize your expectations as a customer and it is the duty of Embarq and its customer service representatives to assist customers in their times of need. For future references please keep track of all customer representatives so that the matter can be dealt with.

I believe the call center is on the east coast. Gardner is not the main headquarters of Embarq as someone previously stated. I believe the headquarters are located in North Carolina.

If there is any way I can help you resolve your issues, I'll be happy to forward the information down the correct channels on an expedited request which will not only benefit you, the customer, but also me as well. This could be well used in a review for examples of leadership and customer focus.

Thank you again, kind sir, and have a wonderful day.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 10:25 AM
You are destined to make it in management.

I was going to retract my asshat comment.

You may try to reread the last couple posts I made to you. In there are some real facts and some gems for Embarq to consider. Your snide and sarchastic offer was spot on with the attitude I have seen at all levels.

Ill only hope that somewhere in the company there are some folks who do understand the relationship between customer satisfaction and long term sustainability as a company.

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm trying to help you here.

Mr. Plow
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Its 1) Clearly not false...your email is down still.

At least your internet is still up.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 11:48 AM
small but excellent point

Mr. Plow
08-02-2007, 11:50 AM
small but excellent point

Just trying to help.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 11:56 AM
indeed you did. My veil of depression is slowly lifting. After Embarq Cust Srv guy told me they would send me an emial when its fixed i about spit up...i said at least you folks have a sense of humor...he didnt get it.

xbarretx
08-02-2007, 12:09 PM
sure sounds like it

yes but he must be an Embarq employee b/c he seems to think that the price of the stock makes it a better company. the "LTD" service of embarq is horrible....and there prices too. i got a much better deal goin/staying with Time Warner (not that im a big fan of theirs either.....but still.

Yes Embarq is ran by monkeys

and yes working for Sprint does give you a big dose of "big company Politics" so neither is perfect...

and on a side note, so were you complaing on this thread about? maybe i cant pay attention b/c its Friday EVE

...KC CHIEFS FOOTBALL RULES!!!

BigMeatballDave
08-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I have Embarq. DSL and Telephone. Zero problems.

cosmo20002
08-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Gardner is not the main headquarters of Embarq as someone previously stated. I believe the headquarters are located in North Carolina.

Embarq's headquarters are in Overland Park.

HonestChieffan
08-02-2007, 01:35 PM
the email outage was system wide...

Silock
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
The sheer amount of misinformation in this thread is staggering.

People on both sides of the argument need to get their facts straight.

BigMeatballDave
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
I thought Embarq was a seperate entity.

Redrum_69
08-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Embarq's headquarters are in Overland Park.

Shhh...I thought if I said Overland Park..he would have instantly associated the campus and Sprint with Embarq...

Eleazar
08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Shhh...I thought if I said Overland Park..he would have instantly associated the campus and Sprint with Embarq...

ROFL right...

petegz28
08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Well there are several people on here that work for Sprint and they will all tell you Sprint has nothing to do with Embarq. So if you are having problems with Embarq you need to take it up with them. Sprint is not going to give a damn about Embarq customers cause they have NOTHING to do with Sprint.

xbarretx
08-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I thought Embarq was a seperate entity.

correct as of...what? april 06 they are two seperately traded companies. i said what i said b/c i worked for both and still work for the other one.

no harm no foul