PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasures: Bad movies/actors you love

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 08:21 AM
What are your guilty pleasures? Movies or actors/actresses.

One of my biggest ones: Dick Tracy. Dammit, I love that movie.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Ed Wood (the director). Plan 9 From Outer Space, Glen or Glenda, Bride of the Monster... they're all great fun.

<hr size="3">
You're safe here. You can confess without fear of retribution. Come on. Let it out.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 08:23 AM
I also liked Rocky III and IV.

JimNasium
08-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Tremors.

ZepSinger
08-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Return of the Living Dead (1985). I know for a fact that I've watched that flick over 200 times. :shake:

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I hate to admit it, but...

Citizen Kane.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I hate to admit it, but...

Citizen Kane.
:cuss:

HolyHandgernade
08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
Army of the Dead, I think that's what it was called, the last of the Evil Dead movies. By the way, Bruce Campbell is on a TV series called Burn Notice. Its actully a pretty good show.

-HH

FAX
08-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Vampire Men of the Lost Planet.

Tammy and the T-Rex.

Anything from the Godzilla franchise.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this. Please, my friends. I implore you. Do not, under any circumstances or conditions, ever, ever, ever watch "The Terror of Tiny Town". It is a black and white western released in the late 1930s featuring an all-midget cast.

FAX

DMAC
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Kids In The Hall- Braincandy

Starship Troopers

Kangaroo Jack

el borracho
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Costner's Robin Hood
I know, I know- Costner is one of the worst actors of modern times but the movie is charming and it does co-star Morgan Freeman.

Elisabeth Shue's Adventures in Babysitting
Ok, maybe it is a chick flick (and an 80s chick flick, at that) but it's really funny and the part where the mechanic gives the helmet back to the little kid is just so darn beautiful (snif-snif).

Demonpenz
08-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Besides his over acting and playing the same character every movie. I liked the "b" type volience in scarface.

Braincase
08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Free Enterprise

cdcox
08-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Nothing but Trouble

RedDread
Deep Blue Sea

Otter
Zombie Movies

Dead Alive
Dawn of the Dead 1978
Dawn of the Dead 2004
Land of the Dead
28 Weeks Later (much better than the 1st IMHO)

and so on and so forth

the Talking Can
Notting Hill

ugh..I hate romantic comedies, I hate Hugh Grant, and I really hate Julia Roberts...and I hate the last 20 secs of the movie where they show her pregnant...

but everything else works, great supporting characters...I watch it every time it is on tv

but I'd deny it in public

DJJasonp
08-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Men at work (charlie sheen/emilio estevez)

Hard to Kill (Seagal breaking limbs)

And of course...anytime Roadhouse is on...you have to at least get to the "be nice" speech before turning the channel.

el borracho
08-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Nothing but Trouble
I love that movie! Why is that a guilty pleasure?

DJJasonp
08-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Nothing but Trouble

Agreed....I saw this in the theater and thought it was a giant turd.

But every damn time it's on TNT or TBS...you have to watch it for some reason....

A bit of trivia.... I belive this is Tupac's first movie role (he was in Digital Underground...who (ridiculously) sets up their equipment and sings a tune so they can be set free by Ackroyd.

Sad I know that.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Free Enterprise
Free Enterprise is in no way a bad film. It's a great piece of independent cinema.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Elisabeth Shue's Adventures in Babysitting

That's the movie that I formed my crush on Elisabeth Shue (which survives even today).

Pneuma
08-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Strangedays
Evil Dead series

el borracho
08-02-2007, 08:53 AM
That's the movie that I formed my crush on Elisabeth Shue (which survives even today).
Which scene was it? Dancing at the idea of a date with whatshisname or singing her way across the stage at the blues club?

DMAC
08-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Tremors.Same here. Was that movie even in the theaters? Or was it always just on USA once a month?

DJJasonp
08-02-2007, 08:55 AM

I second that....

THe movie with her and Kevin Bacon (where bacon is invisible)...she looked amazing.

cdcox
08-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I love that movie! Why is that a guilty pleasure?

Read some of the comments at IMDB:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0102558/usercomments?filter=hate

Here is a sample:

Comment 1: The missing link of bad movies - Nothing but Trouble. In my mind there is hardly a worse film. If celluloid was a million dollars a foot I would not recycle this movie for the fear that one frame might survive. It should be stored along with nuclear waste and Charles Manson in a super secure glass jail cell and hurled into space a'la Superman II.

Comment 2: This is one fetid piece of steaming dog poop.

The collective pharmacological fascinations of the principals involved are well on display here. Chase seems barely interested in delivering his lines, and no wonder...the script seems to be cobbled together from the collective meanderings of a group of retarded monkeys.

John Candy is completely wasted, (as is his talent). He plays several roles, perhaps in a selfless effort to save the careers of others.

Dan Ackroyd is Dan Ackroyd. One of the characters he plays has a penis for a nose. This is the most clever thing in the movie.

Demi Moore is somewhat fetchingly attired, however, even had she removed her top in the film, I'd still be loathe to recommend it. It's that bad.

The movie goes on and on forever, like a meandering story told by a dimwitted pre-teen. Prisoners shown the film immediately after spending 30 days in hole, have requested 30 more days.

It's been nearly 10 years since I've seen it, and I can still smell this film.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Which scene was it? Dancing at the idea of a date with whatshisname or singing her way across the stage at the blues club?
Opening scene when she was getting dressed for the date.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Ok, maybe it is a chick flick (and an 80s chick flick, at that) but it's really funny and the part where the mechanic gives the helmet back to the little kid is just so darn beautiful (snif-snif).

http://www.toastedpixel.com/comic/clips/lawandorder/adventures2.jpg

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
"I've got one at home"

:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

morphius
08-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Vampire Men of the Lost Planet.

Tammy and the T-Rex.

Anything from the Godzilla franchise.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this. Please, my friends. I implore you. Do not, under any circumstances or conditions, ever, ever, ever watch "The Terror of Tiny Town". It is a black and white western released in the late 1930s featuring an all-midget cast.

FAX
I'm the same way with Godzilla movies, even tried to name my son Scott Zilla, but failed.

And the worst movie ever was "Tale of a Vampire" with Julian Sands (from the movie Warlock). I saw it once back in about 1993 or 1994 and am still amazed by how horrible it was. I don't believe I have forgiven the friend of mine who chose that click from blockbuster. ugh.

Dartgod
08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Just a movie?! You don't understand. This isn't 'Plans 1 through 8 from Outer Space', this is 'Plan 9', this is the one that worked. The worst
movie ever made!

Deberg_1990
08-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Road House. I cant stop watching it everytime it shows up on TBS. Dalton is tha man!

and of course the 1980 Sam J Jones classic Flash Gordon. FLASH.........Ahhhhh!!! King of the Impossible!!!

Donger
08-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Beastmaster

FAX
08-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm the same way with Godzilla movies, even tried to name my son Scott Zilla, but failed. ...

Hai, tomodachi.

When the big guy's back plates light up, you know something's going down. It's cinema magic.

FAX

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Hai, tomodachi.

When the big guy's back plates light up, you know something's going down. It's cinema magic.

FAX
It's cinemagic!

JohninGpt
08-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Army of the Dead, I think that's what it was called, the last of the Evil Dead movies. By the way, Bruce Campbell is on a TV series called Burn Notice. Its actully a pretty good show.

-HH
"Army of Darkness", Bruce Campbell kicked ass, I loved that movie.

BucEyedPea
08-02-2007, 09:27 AM
Russelle Crowe is my bad boy actor!
In real life and on film.

I forget the name of some of his older Aussie films (I'd havef'ta look up the names), which I've rented, but he was a mean-ass skin head in one. Those movies of his are darn good.

BucEyedPea
08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh! How could I forget Colin Firth/Mr. Darcey in "Pride & Prejudice" as well as the first 'Bridget Jone's Diary." A cold putz at first, only to reveal his cuddly interior later....all because a woman brought out in him.

Braincase
08-02-2007, 09:30 AM

When they broke out the issue of Playboy and realized she looked just like Miss (Month).

Braincase
08-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Free Enterprise is in no way a bad film. It's a great piece of independent cinema.

Any movie closing with William Shatner doing a one-man musical version of Julius Caeser in a rap format is just wrong... but he pulled it off.

Radar Chief
08-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Shogun Assassin.
Ju Jitsu instructor friend and I will watch that one about once a year just to remember how bad it is.

DMAC
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Another one for me, Braincase's sig...

journeyscarab
08-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Kungfu Hustle. I freaking love it!

Urban Cowboy is another one I'll watch every time its on.

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:39 AM
When they broke out the issue of Playboy and realized she looked just like Miss (Month).
Ah, the frat party. Cinemagic!

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Any movie closing with William Shatner doing a one-man musical version of Julius Caeser in a rap format is just wrong... but he pulled it off.
I haven't seen that but I have seen this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NN3MGN899yE

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Shogun Assassin.
Ju Jitsu instructor friend and I will watch that one about once a year just to remember how bad it is.
If you like martial arts movies and want to see the worst movie ever made get yourself a copy of "Crippled Masters".

FAX
08-02-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm very impressed with these posts but, to be honest, a lot of these selections don't really fall into my own, personal "bad" movie category. Frankly, this thread is making me a little embarrassed about my bad movie preferences.

Now, "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter" is a bad movie.

FAX

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Any Jean Claude Van Damme movie....

but Double Impact and Bloodsport for sure.

Fish
08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Costner's Robin Hood
I know, I know- Costner is one of the worst actors of modern times but the movie is charming and it does co-star Morgan Freeman.

I'm with you on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I've seen it 100 times and will watch it 100 more. Costner makes no attempt at matching the English accents of the rest of the cast, but the story is amazing. The imagery is beautiful. The characters are well played by just about everyone besides Costner.

Dumb and Dumber: I know this stupid movie line by line, and still watch it every time I see it on. I rip off one-liners from that movie all the time, to the dismay of my friends...

Bram Stoker's Dracula: Keanu Reeves is terrible. But again, the rest of the movie is A+. Dark and dramatic. Very interesting imagery. Anthony Hopkins plays a very good part. And Winona Ryder is so damn hot....

Fish
08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Bubba Ho-tep: Terrible, terrible, hilarious, and entertaining movie...

Christofire
08-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Army of Darkness (final Evil Dead flick) rocked. That's not a guilty pleasure at all.

These are mine:
Batman and Robin -- TERRIBLE movie. Terrible script, terrible acting, terrible glow-in-the-dark art direction, terrible everything. But somehow I enjoy basking in the terribleness of that movie.

Top Gun -- Much cooler back in the day. Nowadays the cheese factor is through the roof. But still entertaining to watch.

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I won't name my favorite all-time bad movie but I will say that it features Meatloaf singing "Hot Patootie"

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I also like this movie:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vZnazjg1KbU

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Christofire, you can be my wingman anytime.

ZepSinger
08-02-2007, 09:52 AM
There was a super terrible movie from 1979 called H.O.T.S. I believe Hugh Hefner produced it, which explains why it was on Skinemax 15 million times... :)

I watched that one probably 75 times and made it to the end without passing out maybe twice...

Z

Ceej
08-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes! Any zombie flicks.

The list goes on and on..

Freddy Got Fingered
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Judgment Night
Saving Silverman
Baseketball
School of Rock

Deberg_1990
08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
This article decides which of these films is the worst of all time once and for all:

Waterworld
Showgirls
Heavens Gate
Alexander
Ishtar

They chose Showgirls. Which is actually trashy fun for my tastes...

Ive always kinda liked Ishtar as well. The songs are pretty damn funny.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/costners-dripping-yarn-scifi-classic-or-total-sinker/2007/07/31/1185647901918.html

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
I won't name my favorite all-time bad movie but I will say that it features Meatloaf singing "Hot Patootie"
I love Rocky Horror. Ever been to an audience participation showing in the theater? It doesn't get better.

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:56 AM
I guess by admitting this one I have pretty much decided to never, ever meet anyone from this board.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_pRcSWj6lc

FAX
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Killer Klowns is a classic. Good pick there, Mr. CJizzles.

Have you ever seen "Frankenhooker"? It features a pretty decent freak lawnmower accident. If you like Killer Klowns, you'll love Frankenhooker.

FAX

el borracho
08-02-2007, 09:59 AM
I love Rocky Horror. Ever been to an audience participation showing in the theater? It doesn't get better.
Dozens of times. I also went to the off-Broadway production of it 6 or 7 years ago. My girlfriend and I dressed six shades of crazy only to find ourselves surrounded by people in evening wear. Still fun but no one was yelling. At least we got to see Joan Jett's backside.

Ceej
08-02-2007, 10:01 AM
I've not seen Frankenhooker. But, I do recall rummaging through Hollywood Video's videos and coming upon a gem. I'm a zombie nut, as I've mentioned and decided to check out this crappy, homemade zombie flick. It was piss.

I do recall a scene where some dude literally bent the zombie over, nailed it, and next thing you know the zombie is giving the dude head and bites off his ding dong. No kidding. That movie alone almost made me despise zombie flicks worldwide.

Christofire
08-02-2007, 10:05 AM

LOLLL

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Bullshit! You can be his.

rad
08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
"The Last Dragon"

Christofire
08-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Bullshit! You can be his.

ACKK!! I can't believe I missed my line. Drat. Thanks for picking put the slack.

Ceej
08-02-2007, 10:11 AM
S'more.

Little Monsters
Sandlot
From Dusk til Dawn ("We've got allll kinds of pusssy!")
Airborne
3 Ninjas
Little Big League
Mortal Kombat
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2. Not 3, that was trash.
Howard the Duck
Leprechaun series

While surfing badmovies.org I came across this movie and title.

Hard Rock Zombies - A band comes back from the dead to kill Hitler, who then joins the zombie ranks.

Can anyone possibly imagine a cold blooded killer as a zombie? Man, he'd probably be pretty bad ass.

tyton75
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Barry Gordy's the Last Dragon... "SHONUFF"

Big Trouble in Little China.

Mean Girls

All Rocky/Rambo movies

Predator and Commando

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Barry Gordy's the Last Dragon... "SHONUFF"

Big Trouble in Little China.

Mean Girls

All Rocky/Rambo movies

Predator and Commando
Big Trouble!

And I'd argue that Mean Girls is a decent movie. It's billed as a "teen" flick, but it's not other than the fact that it has teens in it a la Scream.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
S'more.

Little Monsters
Sandlot
From Dusk til Dawn ("We've got allll kinds of pusssy!")
Airborne
3 Ninjas
Little Big League
Mortal Kombat
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2. Not 3, that was trash.
Howard the Duck
Leprechaun series

While surfing badmovies.org I came across this movie and title.

Hard Rock Zombies - A band comes back from the dead to kill Hitler, who then joins the zombie ranks.

Can anyone possibly imagine a cold blooded killer as a zombie? Man, he'd probably be pretty bad ass.
Gawd, I haven't seen Little Monsters in ages!

Mortal Wombat and TMNT are kinda fun.

BucEyedPea
08-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Yes! I have!
Only I was very young, on a first date with someone and was too shy to get into it.

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Yes! I have!
Only I was very young, on a first date with someone and was too shy to get into it.
Too shy? He was there with a bunch of other people doing the exact same thing! He would have been welcomed with open arms!

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes! Any zombie flicks.

The list goes on and on..

Freddy Got Fingered
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Judgment Night
Saving Silverman
Baseketball
School of Rock

Jesus....we have the same taste. Although I've never seen Judgement Night.

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 10:27 AM
I just happened to watch Howard the Duck last week while I was on vacation. Amazing considering they were showing it on TV.

I was laughing my ass off like I was 14 all over again...it was great.

Ceej
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Godddd, dude, Judgment Night is soooo cheesy it's great. AND Emilioooooo is in it. LOL. Oh and Cuba Gooding Jr.

Also, Little Monsters, great flick.

Baby Lee
08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Go Fraz, it's your birthday!!

Baby Lee
08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Is Jerry McGuire a shitty enough movie to be a guilty pleasure?

luv
08-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Adventures in Babysitting!

I loved that movie, and Can't Buy Me Love, when I was a kid.

Ceej
08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
This thread has inspired me. Time to put in Dude Where's my Car in the ole' 360!

Thanks thread!

KCChiefsMan
08-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Demolition Man comes to mind, I love that movie even though it's pretty dumb.

the Talking Can
08-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Spawn

awesomely bad movie....Martin Sheen's worst performance ever, with jet black died hair...two dollar sets...the most pointless script ever...and the guy who glows green and has a sword and makes no ****ing sense at all...I think he was Merlin in Excaliber, what a fall...

but the hell clown played by Leguazamo(?) is sweet....they should find someone talented to remake that movie...and spend more than $3.50 on it...

the Talking Can
08-02-2007, 11:03 AM
it is the guy from Excaliber...Nicol Williamson

and according to his bio on imdb, he hasn't worked since Spawn....

Fire Me Boy!
08-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Demolition Man comes to mind, I love that movie even though it's pretty dumb.
He doesn't know how to use the three sea shells!

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Kangaroo JackYou're dead to me.

kcmaxwell
08-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Army of darkness w/ bruce campbell
the holy grail
oh! and young frankenstein!! "its frahnken-Steen"

The Franchise
08-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Spawn

awesomely bad movie....Martin Sheen's worst performance ever, with jet black died hair...two dollar sets...the most pointless script ever...and the guy who glows green and has a sword and makes no ****ing sense at all...I think he was Merlin in Excaliber, what a fall...

but the hell clown played by Leguazamo(?) is sweet....they should find someone talented to remake that movie...and spend more than $3.50 on it...

But you do realize that it was based off an awesome comic book right?

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Okay, fine. Rush Hour.

I WAS 13 OKAY **** ALLA YALL

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/20bbduaEtJA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/20bbduaEtJA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Radar Chief
08-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Spawn

After watching the animated series on HBO I was jazzed to see the movie. Probably thought it was better at the time because I was hyped for it. Watched it again recently and yea, what a stinker.

Fishpicker
08-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Beastmaster

Beastmaster is awesome. I loved that movie when I was a kid. I hadnt seen it in forever until a couple months ago. I remember being impressed as a kid. Now I realize I was easily impressed. All the bad guys in "armor" are just stuntmen wearing BDSM gear. Rip Torn sacrificed children as a priest. (he must have spent hours in makeup just for the eyebrows & yellow jagged teeth)

the animals give the most convincing performance (out of all the actors) but Tanya Roberts made that movie something to remember.

KCChiefsMan
08-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Weird Science
PCU