PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Planeteers in Real Life

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 05:08 PM
If you met all of the other planeteers in real life, do you think they would like you much more, a little more, about the same, a little less, or much less compared to their opinions of you as a faceless, nameless little box that alternates between gray and beige?

Sully
08-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Depends on the situation... but I've met few people in life that didn't think I was pretty damn great.
It's just those online who think I'm a prick.

08-02-2007, 05:10 PM
That depends, are they all like you?

BIG_DADDY
08-02-2007, 05:11 PM
You mean there are people out there who don't love me? :shrug:

JazzzLovr
08-02-2007, 05:21 PM
A little less. I don't talk. :p

penchief
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
I have a low tolerance for rudeness and disrespect. But other than that I'm very accomodating. I think most people would find me easy to get along with even though I'm outspoken.

Calcountry
08-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Depends on the situation... but I've met few people in life that didn't think I was pretty damn great.
It's just those online who think I'm a prick.I don't know about other people, but I think you're special. ;)

beach tribe
08-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm a bartender at night.

I get a long with all kinds.

Donger
08-02-2007, 06:05 PM
If you met all of the other planeteers in real life, do you think they would like you much more, a little more, about the same, a little less, or much less compared to their opinions of you as a faceless, nameless little box that alternates between gray and beige?

All at once?

Smed1065
08-02-2007, 06:07 PM

That should have been more!

:)

08-02-2007, 06:09 PM
LOL@ Rainman, you're the shit. LMAO

Smed1065
08-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I am about the same in real life.

The 3 or 4 I have met have been super people.

I was impressed.

Seriously.

bogie
08-02-2007, 06:12 PM
You guys would like me much more in person. I guarantee it.

CoMoChief
08-02-2007, 06:15 PM
I've met a few guys playing football at Raytown HS. Phobia's a nice guy as were some other people such as Dave Lane (I think he was there). Probably don't remember much of me. I only played one time because I happened to be in town that weekend.

DenverChief
08-02-2007, 06:16 PM

you have big boobs?

bogie
08-02-2007, 06:17 PM
you have big boobs?

No, but I like big boobs.

FAX
08-02-2007, 06:20 PM
No, "I'm invisible, so the question is ... MOOT!!!" option?

FAX

Calcountry
08-02-2007, 06:20 PM
You mean there are people out there who don't love me? :shrug:Cheer up. Beer me still likes you, meme loves your sausage, and Frankie wants to do an Iron Chef battle with you. The theme ingredient is going to be goat.

88TG88
08-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm less of a dumbass in real life. So I guess people would like me or stuff

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 06:25 PM

Because you would make us feel better about ourselves?

Nightwish
08-02-2007, 06:28 PM
I voted the second option. They would like me a little better. I'm nowhere near as confrontational in real life as I am online. That's because in real life I am a very quiet person who isn't easily drawn to anger. The dark secret, though, is that I am not an expressive person, and I have great difficulty expressing any kind of emotionality. I've actually talked to doctors and psychologists about it, and some have suggested it might be a disorder of some sort (it's the reason I chose Psychology as my degree field), but there is no unanimity among them, so it's just something I live with. The cyberworld is sort of my catharsis, my avenue to expressing feelings and frustrations that I can't in the real world. So when people meet me in the real world, my demeanor is extremely calm and staid. I've only met a couple people from cyberspace in real life, and they were both rather shocked at the difference between how I present myself in real life and how I present myself online (in those cases, they weren't expecting someone confrontational, as some Planeteers would expect, but rather someone extremely clownish and jolly, cracking jokes with every other word - not that they seemed overly disappointed with the person they got). Other than cyberspace, about the only way to get my emotions to the surface is to put a mic in my hand and a band at my back.

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 06:28 PM
No, but I like big boobs.

Y'know, we have a lot in common.

bogie
08-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Because you would make us feel better about ourselves?

Yep. Now, do you feel better about yourself?

bogie
08-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Y'know, we have a lot in common.

Frazod
08-02-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm the same person in real life as I am here. Those who have met me can vouch for that.

beach tribe
08-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I voted the second option. They would like me a little better. I'm nowhere near as confrontational in real life as I am online. That's because in real life I am a very quiet person who isn't easily drawn to anger. The dark secret, though, is that I am not an expressive person, and I have great difficulty expressing any kind of emotionality. I've actually talked to doctors and psychologists about it, and some have suggested it might be a disorder of some sort (it's the reason I chose Psychology as my degree field), but there is no unanimity among them, so it's just something I live with. The cyberworld is sort of my catharsis, my avenue to expressing feelings and frustrations that I can't in the real world. So when people meet me in the real world, my demeanor is extremely calm and staid. I've only met a couple people from cyberspace in real life, and they were both rather shocked at the difference between how I present myself in real life and how I present myself online (in those cases, they weren't expecting someone confrontational, as some Planeteers would expect, but rather someone extremely clownish and jolly, cracking jokes with every other word - not that they seemed overly disappointed with the person they got). Other than cyberspace, about the only way to get my emotions to the surface is to put a mic in my hand and a band at my back.
Are you going to be a psychologist?

RJ
08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
In real life I post more often.

beach tribe
nevermind

Nightwish
Haven't really decided yet. I've got my BA, and I'm pretty well suited for it, but I've since found a pretty comfortable niche in the real estate mortgage and insurance inspection and surveying field. I may get back to it some day, because I can't do squat in Psych with only a Bachelor's. But for now, I enjoy doing what I'm doing, setting my own hours, being my own boss, and owning the road!

Smed1065
08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm the same person in real life as I am here. Those who have met me can vouch for that.

You actually followed through with meeting people from here? Or Calio

Frazod
08-02-2007, 06:40 PM

Just the ones that matter......

:p

08-02-2007, 06:40 PM
I would very much like to meet you in person one day, you're one of my favorites here.

Frazod
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I would very much like to meet you in person one day, you're one of my favorites here.

You are unusually perceptive for a New Yorker. :D

Dude, seriously, come to a gathering weekend sometime. They're a blast. I'm not doing the fund-raiser-related thing at Joe's this year, but I'm pretty sure there'll be a second one later in the season.

Rain Man
08-02-2007, 06:44 PM

He burned down my house!

Frazod
08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
He burned down my house!

And stole your bicycle. :)

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Yep. Now, do you feel better about yourself?

ROFL But I have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet.

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 06:46 PM

Amen brother. But I must admit, Tim has behaved himself around my fridge.

08-02-2007, 06:47 PM
You are unusually perceptive for a New Yorker. :D

Dude, seriously, come to a gathering weekend sometime. They're a blast. I'm not doing the fund-raiser-related thing at Joe's this year, but I'm pretty sure there'll be a second one later in the season.
I was gonna do it this year, but it's opening day. :( (home opener against Bellichoke) I can't pass that up. I'll keep an ear out for the second one though. I have to have a beer with Bwana too. ;)

Simplex3
"I would never meet these people in real life."

I've already screwed that up twice, I don't plan on doing it again. :)

Smed1065
He burned down my house!

At least he was not a sniper.

Frazod
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM

I have not quite achieved that comfort level with you yet where I can shoot up your house.

But we're getting there. :evil:

BigRedChief
08-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I am about the same in real life.

The 3 or 4 I have met have been super people.

I was impressed.

Seriously.
Cool, I'm "Super" PBJ

I've met alot of people from Chiefs boards. Hundreds, at least. Hell, I post a map on where to find me on game day tailgating.

For the most part posters personalities online are their "real life" personalities, There are exceptions like....I'd better STFU

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I have not quite achieved that comfort level with you yet where I can shoot up your house.

But we're getting there. :evil:

:D and the funny part, didn't I show you my .357? If IIRC you showed exemplary control and restraint. LMAO

Frazod
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
:D and the funny part, didn't I show you my .357? If IIRC you showed exemplary control and restraint. LMAO

Yes, you did.

Fine, the next time I'm over I'll put a round through your dishwasher, just so you won't feel left out. :bang:

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm only a creep on here. Everyone likes me. I'm the man.

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Yes, you did.

Fine, the next time I'm over I'll put a round through your dishwasher, just so you won't feel left out. :bang:

Can I devert your aim to the watercooler? It is making noises and the dishwasher is workng great. :)

Frazod
08-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Can I devert your aim to the watercooler? It is making noises and the dishwasher is workng great. :)

Sure, what are friends for? :D

Smed1065
08-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Cool, I'm "Super"

There are exceptions to everything!

go bo
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
you have big boobs?ha!

now that was funny...

particularly coming from you...

love it! PBJ PBJ PBJ

Simply Red
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Probably a little more vs. online. Chances are I would out talk most and still deliver content, -> Unlike my pathetic posting.

Simply Red
08-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Sure, what are friends for? :D
Friends? Friends? Friends do what they say. Most notably they call when they are in town going to the Braves game. :shake:

chagrin
08-02-2007, 08:03 PM
I found Frazod to be a very nice guy, he didn't show signs of grumpiness at last years bash, IIRC, untiul OTC kept fuggin up his name, which was funny as hell - right Mr. Frazoid?
Oh, and I was pleasantly surprised with saulbadguy - a very cool dude in person as well.

I talk like I type, and I am the same, at least I think so. I am as confrontational with dipshits as I am here, and I alienate about the same amount of people too - but my entire life has been that way. I have a few close, close friends in every state I have lived in and I am fine with that.

I had a great time at last year's bash and this years should be just as fun :)

Nzoner
08-02-2007, 08:06 PM

And I'd like to say you shall be missed but I totally understand,oh and yes,you are exactly like your board persona.

Nzoner
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
As for my vote I think the ones who haven't met me(it seems as though I've met a shitload of cper's) would like me about the same.

Frazod
08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Friends? Friends? Friends do what they say. Most notably they call when they are in town going to the Braves game. :shake:

Sorry about that. I was going to call Smed and have him get ahold of you, but like a dumbass I forgot my phone.

Hard to call when you're in Georgia and your phone is in Illinois. :banghead:

BucEyedPea
08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm a bartender at night.

I get a long with all kinds.
What's that mean? You get a long? An erection? :p

HemiEd
08-02-2007, 08:43 PM
What's that mean? You get a long? An erection? :p

I might sugest that you and chiefaroo should hook up.

Bugeater
08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I think I'm slightly less annoying in person.

go bo
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm the same person in real life as I am here. Those who have met me can vouch for that.vouch, vouch, vouching here boss...

actually you are even more fun in person than online...

pretty much the same attitude but with more gestures and body language and facial expressions...

and that voice...

absolutely fits your personality...

but your wife sings better than you do... :p :p :p

Smed1065
08-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry about that. I was going to call Smed and have him get ahold of you, but like a dumbass I forgot my phone.

Hard to call when you're in Georgia and your phone is in Illinois. :banghead:

Last time I did that I went to the website and got the number from the PM that contained it after I arrived at the hotel.

:hmmm:

Gotta give you sh-t.

tommykat
08-02-2007, 10:07 PM

He really is a "fuzzy bear"........spent the night with him...:hmmm: do to the Senator and Raunch......:D ;)

|Zach|
08-02-2007, 10:25 PM
"I would never meet these people in real life."

I've already screwed that up twice, I don't plan on doing it again. :)
Really?

|Zach|
08-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Fact

|Zach|
08-02-2007, 10:26 PM
I have had great experiences.

alanm
08-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I hope you frisked him for weapons at the door. :D

BIG_DADDY
08-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Cheer up. Beer me still likes you, meme loves your sausage, and Frankie wants to do an Iron Chef battle with you. The theme ingredient is going to be goat. ROFL

crazycoffey
08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
should have been a public poll, I want to know who the three stalkers are....

People usually like me, I would think I don't come off hyper/over talking in real life.

Redrum_69
08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm not liked by anyone

BIG_DADDY
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm not liked by anyone

Except your mom.

Bowser
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Since I have trouble posting YouTube links and pictures in person, I'll say a whole lot less.

Bowser
08-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I think I'm slightly less annoying in person.

Define "slightly".

luv
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
While I'm a little less outgoing in person, I feel I present myself a lot better than I do on here.