PDA

View Full Version : "I'm not saying that kiss was hot..."

Sully
08-03-2007, 06:49 PM
"But if the boner police are here, I demand a lawyer."

Saw a couple of movies today, one of them being "Hot Rod." Truly a stupid movie. But stupid in the way that "Anchorman" and "Talledega Nights" was stupid. Certainly not Citizen Kane, but it's pretty damn funny, and I judge these silly type movies by how many great quotes you can get out of it, which this movie has tons of. Probably best for a rental, but if you have some time and money to waste, and have already seen "Bourne," then I'd recommend it. PLus, there's nothing wrong with looking at Isla Fisher for a couple of hours.

Thig Lyfe
08-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Chris Parnell was one of the best parts of that movie. Overall I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 5. Not good but not awful. Not near as many laugh-out-loud moments as Anchorman, though.

Sully
08-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Chris Parnell was one of the best parts of that movie. Overall I'd give it 2.5 stars out of 5. Not good but not awful. Not near as many laugh-out-loud moments as Anchorman, though.
I agree. I meant it as a comparison for what to expect, not for quality. I guess I didn't make that clear. Parnell is funny in just about everything I see him in.

KcMizzou
08-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Haven't seen the movie in question, but I'll see it on DVD. I'm looking forward to "Superbad".

I saw "Hot Fuzz" the other night, and really liked it. I think I may like it more than "Shaun of the Dead"... it's close.

Thig Lyfe
08-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Haven't seen the movie in question, but I'll see it on DVD. I'm looking forward to "Superbad".

I saw "Hot Fuzz" the other night, and really liked it. I think I may like it more than "Shaun of the Dead"... it's close.

Saw Hot Fuzz in theaters twice this summer. Best movie of the year, in my opinion.

KcMizzou
08-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Saw Hot Fuzz in theaters twice this summer. Best movie of the year, in my opinion.Yeah, I've been raving about it in DC's wasp thread...lol