PDA

View Full Version : LJ to be interviewed on sportscenter

the Talking Can
08-04-2007, 08:49 AM
*edit*

False alarm, sorry. They must have been pimping an interview for NFL live later.

Direckshun
08-04-2007, 08:51 AM
They said he was working out in Arizona, didn't they?

KurtCobain
08-04-2007, 09:12 AM
They said he was working out in Arizona, didn't they?

That's been the talk, yes.

MichaelH
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM
He needs to be working out in River Falls.

:#

milkman
08-04-2007, 09:29 AM
He needs to be working out in River Falls.

:#

Not really, no.

rad
08-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Not really, no.

Because he's such a complete back, right?

milkman
08-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Because he's such a complete back, right?

No.

If he were to be a complete back, he would have already at least shown some real improvement in the areas that he's lacking in.

He doesn't need to be in camp because he is what he is, and a couple of weeks missed isn't going to change that.

MichaelH
08-04-2007, 09:44 AM
No.

If he were to be a complete back, he would have already at least shown some real improvement in the areas that he's lacking in.

He doesn't need to be in camp because he is what he is, and a couple of weeks missed isn't going to change that.

I don't disagree to most of that but he's the best back we have. He needs to sign whatever is offered and get to camp with his team.

PHOG
08-04-2007, 09:45 AM
No.

What's that, a budding prima donna?

KurtCobain
08-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't disagree to most of that but he's the best back we have. He needs to sign whatever is offered and get to camp with his team.

He's already signed it. As a rookie. What people miss is that HE HAS A CONTRACT. Bowe doesn't. It's okay for bowe to hold out. LJ it's not.

MichaelH
08-04-2007, 09:48 AM
He's already signed it. As a rookie. What people miss is that HE HAS A CONTRACT. Bowe doesn't. It's okay for bowe to hold out. LJ it's not.

Yes, my bad. He needs to honor what he signed. Then he needs to shut up and earn his raise. He's done a pretty good job in my opinion though.

rad
08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
No.

I was being sarcastic.

LJ showed improvement in his recieving skills last year. Why don't you think that by participating in camp, he could compound that AND possibly work on blocking?

crazycoffey
08-04-2007, 09:53 AM
it's on now....

crazycoffey
08-04-2007, 09:55 AM
mentally/physically staying ready in Arizona, says he's killing himself to put on the pads, missing his team mates and everyday looks at the ticket prices to get to river falls....

prepared to sit out the whole season, as a business decision.

Direckshun
08-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Gave shout outs to just about every starter on offense.

Said that as a last resort, he'd be willing to miss the entire regular season.

milkman
08-04-2007, 09:56 AM
What's that, a budding prima donna?

I don't have a problem with what LJ is doing.

Sure, he has a contract that he is under, but he has already earned more that that contract is worth.

The fact is, if the Chiefs use him to near the extent that he was used last season, he'd be stupid to play under the terms of that contract.

RBs have a short shelf life, and he may not get that second big contract if he reports and plays.

If the Chiefs were done with him, they would just cut him, and not pay him under the terms of the contract, so why should he feel any more obligated to honor that contract than the Chiefs?

crazycoffey
08-04-2007, 09:57 AM
looked good, foot work drills, weights, sprints.

Personally he does deserve more money IMO, but he also has a contract. The way the NFL works, and how he could be an after thought so quickly, I can't blame him, but the fan in me just wants him on the field.....

milkman
08-04-2007, 09:58 AM
I was being sarcastic.

LJ showed improvement in his recieving skills last year. Why don't you think that by participating in camp, he could compound that AND possibly work on blocking?

I thought he looked better overall as a receiver in '05 than in '06.

But it's blocking skills, or lack thereof, that I'm discussing primarily.

Hootie
08-04-2007, 09:59 AM
anybody have a link to this? Maybe I'll search YouTube but I doubt it's on...

rad
08-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I thought he looked better overall as a receiver in '05 than in '06.

But it's blocking skills, or lack thereof, that I'm discussing primarily.

Stat-wise, no. But thats relative to the amount of games he started in '05 and '06.

The supporting cast and different HC philosophy is a factor also.

With Herm running the show, he needs to learn to block better. That would go a long way in eradicating any predictability.

PHOG
08-04-2007, 10:20 AM
While I agree that he's earned new contract, I don't believe he actually believes he's worth 80 mil...

He needs to get his ass in camp and let the business part take care of itself.

I have a suspicion that he has gone to the TG school of avoiding TC101.

Mecca
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
mentally/physically staying ready in Arizona, says he's killing himself to put on the pads, missing his team mates and everyday looks at the ticket prices to get to river falls....

prepared to sit out the whole season, as a business decision.

Remember when Clayton said LJ would never hold out?

unothadeal
08-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Remember when Clayton said LJ would never hold out?
Yes. I was trying to find that post.

FAX
08-04-2007, 10:31 AM
So ... are we doomed yet?

FAX

the Talking Can
08-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I personally wouldn't care if the Chiefs give him $20 mill....but they should make him sign an oath that he will block and protect our rookie QB as if his $20 mill life depended on it.

Skip Towne
08-04-2007, 10:33 AM
So ... are we doomed yet?

FAX
This season was over a month ago.

The Poz
08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
anybody have a link to this? Maybe I'll search YouTube but I doubt it's on...
this should work:
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=2960970&n8pe6c=1

Hootie
08-04-2007, 11:27 AM
this should work:
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=2960970&n8pe6c=1
Thanks a lot.

LJ is awesome. I love this guy...

I don't care what anyone says.

htismaqe
08-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Stat-wise, no. But thats relative to the amount of games he started in '05 and '06.

The supporting cast and different HC philosophy is a factor also.

With Herm running the show, he needs to learn to block better. That would go a long way in eradicating any predictability.

He's not EVER going to learn to block better.

Because he doesn't WANT to.

Calcountry
08-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Said he was pissed for being left out of the Who's now contest.

Skip Towne
08-04-2007, 03:57 PM

Then he shouldn't expect the money of those who do.

kcxiv
08-04-2007, 03:58 PM

Because he doesn't WANT to.Did he tell you he doesnt want to? Where did you get this information?

Baby Lee
08-04-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.video-archive.net/v_images2/eGDBR2L5kzI.jpg
We're talkin 'bout blocking. . .

Priest4Prez
08-04-2007, 04:12 PM
LJ can only hold out until week 10, right?

tmax63
08-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Question for those who know- If LJ sits out the entire year doesn't that mean he belongs to the Chiefs for next year too? I thought I remember seeing that if he doesn't play by week 11 or something like that then this year doesn't count and he doesn't earn his "opt out of contract a year early clause" and he belongs to the Chiefs for next year and they can franchise him the year after that?

kcxiv
LJ can only hold out until week 10, right?
He can hold out as long as he wants to really. I think its something about voiding the last year if he does show up for the 11th game or something.

Priest4Prez
Question for those who know- If LJ sits out the entire year doesn't that mean he belongs to the Chiefs for next year too? I thought I remember seeing that if he doesn't play by week 11 or something like that then this year doesn't count and he doesn't earn his "opt out of contract a year early clause" and he belongs to the Chiefs for next year and they can franchise him the year after that?
That's what i meant

rad
08-04-2007, 06:30 PM

Then WTF is he holding out for?

Coogs
08-04-2007, 06:36 PM
He can hold out as long as he wants to really. I think its something about voiding the last year if he does show up for the 11th game or something.

At $14,200 per day, the week 10 game would be 100 days from the day LJ started getting fined that amount. $1,420,000 is a pretty healthy fine for someone already under contract.