PDA

View Full Version : Something that is getting lost in the shuffle that could really help this offense.

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Kris Wilson.

The last guy to get in the end zone for our Chiefs. He really came on in the latter half of the season making some big plays and showing a lot of the skill that everyone thought he had. Seems to be with the nature of our offense and our weakness at WR he could have a big year as a safety option or even go to guy for Croyle.

I don't really hear anything about him but he was really making things happen this year.

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72492088.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19396908EAF14430D35E60379A50B5DF910C6E5DA35BB7ED59D

go bo
08-05-2007, 04:55 PM
is there anybody in here?

hello, helllllllo...

Micjones
08-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I think Wilson gives this offense an added dimension and I think they should leave him where he is at FB. He finally began to produce and I think he only gives this offense another weapon.

I agree with you whole-heartedly.

ferrarispider95
08-05-2007, 04:56 PM
great your starting to post again - I thought you left for good

GoTrav
08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
play action works pretty well too...or that's what I heard. Where did that go?

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
play action works pretty well too...or that's what I heard. Where did that go?
I wonder that as well...we don't use it nearly enough. Especially with a back like Johnson. Baffling.

Direckshun
08-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Kris Wilson is a fantastic option for this team. He does a great job running routes, he's a decent blocker and at this point he's the best receiver we have out of the backfield.

He's not that much of tight end, though. They started giving him reps at TE towards the end of the season and he didn't really do anything with it.

It's ridiculous to think that it's taken the Chiefs until the arrival of Herm Edwards to utilize this guy. Should definitely remain our starter at FB.

Direckshun
08-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I wonder that as well...we don't use it nearly enough. Especially with a back like Johnson. Baffling.
We didn't use it because the coaches didn't believe Trent had the arm to pull it off.

Same with Huard.

Not with Croyle.

Micjones
08-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I think you could very well see more PA this season.
We need to learn to keep defenses honest.

That's the biggest lesson we should've taken from last season's disappointing post-season appearance.

With a more experienced OC and a guy who can deliver the ball downfield I'd almost bet that we'll see more this year.

OnTheWarpath15
08-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I think you could very well see more PA this season.
We need to learn to keep defenses honest.

That's the biggest lesson we should've taken from last season's disappointing post-season appearance.

With a more experienced OC and a guy who can deliver the ball downfield I'd almost bet that we'll see more this year.

Yep.

With a guy like Croyle slinging the ball, I fully expect to see much more PA this year.

Deberg_1990
08-05-2007, 05:10 PM
He had like 15 catches last year. I expect about the same this year..

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 05:10 PM
I just do not believe we are rebuilding or going to be shitty or anything of that nature.

I think we have a good team on our hands this year.

The offense is a big question mark but people around here keep painting it like it is some squad that can't even tie their own shoes and will be lucky to get in the end zone once every 2 weeks.

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 05:12 PM
He had like 15 catches last year. I expect about the same this year..
You will never be able to convince me that you enjoy your time watching sports.

Direckshun
08-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Well to be honest Zach, our WR corps is an unknown, our QB is an unknown, and our OL is an unknown.

That tends to cause a lot of skepticism.

go bo
Kris Wilson.

The last guy to get in the end zone for our Chiefs. He really came on in the latter half of the season making some big plays and showing a lot of the skill that everyone thought he had. Seems to be with the nature of our offense and our weakness at WR he could have a big year as a safety option or even go to guy for Croyle.

I don't really hear anything about him but he was really making things happen this year.

http://delivery.viewimages.com/xv/72492088.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19396908EAF14430D35E60379A50B5DF910C6E5DA35BB7ED59Dkeep on doubting bigfoot...

can you imagine lining up with 2 or 3 tight ends and a downfield blocker (bowe)?

talk about blocking, that's 3 or 4 pretty big guys who can help larry get loose this year...

they can also pass from that formation, with 2 excellent recievers (gonzo and bigfoot) and another excellent receiver/downfield blocker (bowe)...

talk about giving dc's headaches... :D

Deberg_1990
You will never be able to convince me that you enjoy your time watching sports.

hahah....no....I love sports. I just dont get overly excited until i see results. Nor do i jump the gun and proclaim "The sky is falling!" like the majority seem to do here.

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 05:14 PM
hahah....no....I love sports. I just dont get overly excited until i see results. Nor do i jump the gun and proclaim "The sky is falling!" like the majority seem to do here.
No no, I have read enough of your posts. There is no way you enjoy any of it. You are trying to act like get excited when you DO see results? You go really far out of your way to take the negative or project the negative literally at every single turn.

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Thats understandable and reasonable...I just don't think there are as many unknowns as some think.

Direckshun
08-05-2007, 05:15 PM
And the thread's taken an unfortunate turn.

|Zach|
08-05-2007, 05:16 PM
And the thread's taken an unfortunate turn.
Just thought I would call one like I see it, been going on for years.

Deberg_1990
08-05-2007, 05:17 PM
No no, I have read enough of your posts. There is no way you enjoy any of it. You are trying to act like get excited when you DO see results? You go really far out of your way to take the negative or project the negative literally at every single turn.

I get excited about known quantities..

LJ
Gonzo
Kennison

Not obscure 2nd round draft picks with only 18 career catches in 4 years.

Hound333
08-05-2007, 05:19 PM
No way. He won't be our secret weapon then.

Direckshun
08-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Alright. Fine. Let's do this.
Could it possibly be that Dick Vermeil had absolutely no idea when it came to utilizing draft picks?

The ones he drafted weren't that stellar, and the ones he did draft that were worth something he couldn't utilize.

Kevin Sampson's a fine RT when he's healthy, but you wouldn't know that because Vermeil never gave him a rep.

Key Fox is a fine LB with potential starter ability, but you wouldn't know that because Vermeil never worked him in.

LJ was a future superstar and Vermeil didn't let him on the field until the two guys in front of him went down.

Don't blame the exclusion of a perfectly talented athlete on the athlete if the coach has a history of not favoring draft picks.

Hammock Parties
08-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Bigfoot caught five passes in the scrimmage last night.

dirk digler
08-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree Zach. Up in training camp they threw the ball quite a bit to Kris Wilson. It appears the offense is going to be alot of short, quick routes so that will definitely benefit Wilson.

Deberg_1990
08-05-2007, 05:40 PM
It appears the offense is going to be alot of short, quick routes so that will definitely benefit Wilson.

I would be all for this actually. More of a short (west coast) passing game. I know that alarms people around here, but it would help cut down on LJ's workload by creating ball control through the air.

FRCDFED
08-05-2007, 05:48 PM
keep on doubting bigfoot...

can you imagine lining up with 2 or 3 tight ends and a downfield blocker (bowe)?

talk about blocking, that's 3 or 4 pretty big guys who can help larry get loose this year...

they can also pass from that formation, with 2 excellent recievers (gonzo and bigfoot) and another excellent receiver/downfield blocker (bowe)...

talk about giving dc's headaches... :DIt is about time we found out where Jacksonville was getting all those giants and started signing some of our own!!

dirk digler
08-05-2007, 05:58 PM
I would be all for this actually. More of a short (west coast) passing game. I know that alarms people around here, but it would help cut down on LJ's workload by creating ball control through the air.

When I was watching them practice I was thinking that we are now going to run some version of the West Coast offense. All the passes were very quick and we ran alot of slant routes.

Buehler445
08-05-2007, 06:04 PM

I'll take it. If the O-line is like it was last year, short and quick may be the thing to do. I know we can't have LJ up the gut every play again. I think Kennison is pretty solid on 5 and 10 and outs where he can use his speed a little, and it sounds like Croyle has the arm to do it. Line them up and spread the field out. Not everything has to happen between the hashes.

Eleazar
08-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I don't really expect him to get on the field that much, if Dunn is still around and all. He seems like a spare part, an offensive toy from the Vermeil era that never got to be used.

I would think that if Smith is getting time at FB, and Grigsby just converted to that position, and Dunn comes back, you end up with a guy who is the third tight end and might be the second or third fullback too. It's hard to see someone like that getting very many touches.

Eleazar
08-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Kevin Sampson's a fine RT when he's healthy, but you wouldn't know that because Vermeil never gave him a rep.

Key Fox is a fine LB with potential starter ability, but you wouldn't know that because Vermeil never worked him in.

Neither of these guys have been healthy for an extended period of time during their stay here. Becoming a starter starts with staying healthy enough to get dressed.

the Talking Can
08-05-2007, 06:16 PM
i think we will be throwing a lot short routes, swing passes, etc...at least while we're breaking Croyle in

theoretically it should be an opportunity for the great invisible hope, we'll see

30 catches and 4-5 tds would be a good season for him, I think...

Deberg_1990
08-06-2007, 08:22 AM
30 catches and 4-5 tds would be a good season for him, I think...

Agreed. Anything more than that would be a bonus, but i just dont see it??

Hes not a savior or anything by any means..

the Talking Can
08-06-2007, 08:29 AM

yeah, I've given up on him being Saunder's "secret weapon"....but he has very good hands and can play an important if limited role for us...he's much more suited for Herm's offense then AS' really...at least we're getting something out of a 2nd round pick

Eleazar
08-06-2007, 08:36 AM
I'd definitely take 30 rec. and 4 TD from him, especially since I don't see us scoring too many touchdowns.

shaneo69
08-06-2007, 08:36 AM

Better be careful....Zak will be back to chastise you for being a realist again.

Eleazar
08-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Better be careful....Zak will be back to chastise you for being a realist again.

Why does Deberg hate the Chiefs? :shrug:

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I get excited about known quantities..

LJ
Gonzo
Kennison

Known quantities? ROFL, Did you mean entities?
So you don't get excited about a guy that has shown the ability to catch un-catchable balls? Someone that has only dropped 2 catchable balls in their entire NFL career?
I am guessing the 3 KNOWN QUANTITIES you mentioned, dropped that many in the ****ing playoff game in Indy. How did Kris Wilson do in that game, any idea?

shaneo69
08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
So you don't get excited about a guy that has shown the ability to catch un-catchable balls? Someone that has only dropped 2 catchable balls in their entire NFL career?
I am guessing the 3 KNOWN QUANTITIES you mentioned, dropped that many in the ****ing playoff game in Indy. How did Kris Wilson do in that game, any idea?

He was inactive that game, wasn't he?

Reerun_KC
08-06-2007, 09:16 AM

couldnt of done any worse that any one of these guys. Take your pick, they all sucked ass in this game.

Edwards/Solari Gameplan
Green
Hall
Kennison
Parker
Gonzo
I-65
Solari
Edwards
The Whole OL

I actually wouldnt be surprised if Kris Wilson actually out played all of them?

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 09:17 AM

I am pretty sure he caught the 2 point conversion. He was the HBack IIRC.

But to be totally honest, I have tried very hard to black that game outof the memory banks. I recorded it and deleted the recording without watching it.

KC Kings
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Well to be honest Zach, our WR corps is an unknown, our QB is an unknown, and our OL is an unknown.

With a 1st round pick, the WR corps are exactly the same as last year. The OL is in much better condition than last year. I am not sold on Huard, but he is not some 2nd string guy that has never seen regular season playing time, and we saw what he could do last year.

Every year there are guys that are down on the team no matter what condition we are in. We score 40 points a game under DV, and these same guys with the enthusiasm of Eyeore can only think about the defense.

Do I think we are destined for the Superbowl this year? No way, but if you can't even find something to get you excited about your team, what is the point of even watching?

shaneo69
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
I am pretty sure he caught the 2 point conversion. He was the HBack IIRC.

Wow, then that's probably the highlight of his career to this point, huh?

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Wow, then that's probably the highlight of his career to this point, huh?

Not hardly, but the point being, he shows up to play and gets done what he is given the opportunity to do.

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Here you go Shane.

shaneo69
08-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Keith Cash had a couple good playoff games.

Reerun_KC
08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
"Something that is getting lost in the shuffle that could really help this offense."

What you really want us to try and outscore our opponents on the road?

You cant be serious?

htismaqe
08-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Keith Cash had a couple good playoff games.

Advantage, Shane. :clap:

el borracho
08-06-2007, 10:56 AM
keep on doubting bigfoot...

talk about giving dc's headaches... :D
I wonder if Herm would ever consider lining up with only Wilson in the backfield. Obvioulsy, we wouldn't hand him the ball but we could have 5 legitimate receiving options (3 wideouts, Gonzalez and Wilson from the backfield).

el borracho
08-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Known quantities? I am guessing the 3 KNOWN QUANTITIES you mentioned, dropped that many in the ****ing playoff game in Indy. How did Kris Wilson do in that game, any idea?
Bigfoot played better than most that day but I think he actually had a 3rd down drop late in the game. I may be misremembering, though.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Kris Bigfoot Wilson is the missing link. Missing link to what :shrug:

~jk/really a Bigfoot fan

Eleazar
08-06-2007, 11:14 AM
A game in which he had 2 receptions for 29 yards is a career performance.

KCCHIEFS27
08-06-2007, 11:59 AM
The only thing that will help this offense is a solid O-Line. Can McIntosh really play LT? How are they going to mesh? That is the number one key, without that, these others don't matter one bit.

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Bigfoot played better than most that day but I think he actually had a 3rd down drop late in the game. I may be misremembering, though.

I am fairly certain that his only drop last year , was wide open in the left flat against the Steelers. He was so wide open, with so much room to run, that he appeared to take off before he secured the ball. Something that Samie Parker does on a regular basis.
He dropped one in 2005 also.
He pulled a TD catch last year, just inches off the turf in an amazing show of athleticism. His TD catch against SD proved very important in that victory.
Considering the short amount of time he has had playing the HBack, I think his blocking has improved tremendously.

htismaqe
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Wilson had EXCELLENT hands in college.

His biggest problem is that he's built like a FB but plays like a receiving TE. He can't block very well but he's also not big enough to create a mismatch with DB's.

|Zach|
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
The description I made had nothing to do with someone that is a realist.

sedated
08-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Who will Herm chose as his #1 FB?

- A mauling beast with a mean streak. Better for opening wholes for his grind-it-out running game, especially with a suspect OLine.

- A small, quicker receiver with good hands but can't really block. Better for dump-offs from his young QB (especially since LJ can't catch worth of shit).

Spreading out the offense, changing formations, and tricky plays aren't really Herm's forte.

Deberg_1990
08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
His biggest problem is that he's built like a FB but plays like a receiving TE. He can't block very well but he's also not big enough to create a mismatch with DB's.

Classic tweener. Another 2nd round CP gem.

htismaqe
08-06-2007, 12:39 PM

- A mauling beast with a mean streak. Better for opening wholes for his grind-it-out running game, especially with a suspect OLine.

- A small, quicker receiver with good hands but can't really block. Better for dump-offs from his young QB (especially since LJ can't catch worth of shit).

Spreading out the offense, changing formations, and tricky plays aren't really Herm's forte.

Just to be fair, describing Boomer Grigsby as a "mauling beast" is, at best, a gross exaggeration. He's a converted LB who is still trying figure out what his blocking lanes are. He's got the physique to be a "mauling beast" but that's about it. He's got a long ways to go before he's a real FB.

Wilson has a better chance of developing his blocking than Boomer has of developing his.

crazycoffey
08-06-2007, 12:46 PM
how about a play caller.... we seem to be missing that on O.

el borracho
08-06-2007, 01:10 PM

Wilson = 6'2", 251 lbs; not exactly what I would call a small receiver if we are talking about FBs. As a TE, on the other hand, he is a couple of inches shy of ideal. I also don't think I would say he can't block. I think Wilson had key blocks in several runs last year. He just wasn't as consistent as his predecessor (who is?).

The Great Grigsby = 5'11", 249 lbs. He is more compact than Wilson and may have a nastier temperment (I don't really know) but he isn't really bigger than Wilson and I haven't seen him block so I can't really compare the two there.

Lame, I know, but I'm actually excited to see the competition at FB this preseason. It should be one of the more interesting competitions, IMO.

Easy 6
08-06-2007, 01:27 PM
There have been very few, if any, players that i bagged on worse than Bigfoot.

And i couldnt be happier to report that, once settled in at FB, he caused my complete 180.

A FB that can run routes & make catches as well as receiving TE???...that is rare & i cant wait to see him in action this year...he should only get better.

Keep up the great work Kris.

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Advantage, Shane. :clap:

Coming from a guy that has been eating a steady diet of crow lately, that is funny. Especially when considering this quote:

Wilson started 10 out of the last eleven regular season games.

htismaqe
08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Coming from a guy that has been eating a steady diet of crow lately, that is funny. Especially when considering this quote:

A steady diet of crow about what? I was wrong about Priest, so were alot of people. Got any other cases?

And yes, it was funny. Any Keith Cash reference is funny. Which is why I was laughing about it. You know, the smilie? Did you just ignore it?

Maybe you should stop taking it so seriously.

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
A steady diet of crow about what? I was wrong about Priest, so were alot of people. Got any other cases?

And yes, it was funny. Any Keith Cash reference is funny. Which is why I was laughing about it. You know, the smilie? Did you just ignore it?

Maybe you should stop taking it so seriously.

The smilie is an applause. Not taking it too seriously, just trying to set the record straight. Yes I have another case besides the Priest one that you so eloquently manned up to:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=166860&page=2
How many times do you have to hear it?

Both Frank Boal and Rhonda Moss said that Bowe's agent has informed the Chiefs that they won't even DISCUSS money until Brady Quinn signs.

It's as simple as that.

htismaqe
08-06-2007, 02:49 PM
The smilie is an applause. Not taking it too seriously, just trying to set the record straight. Yes I have another case besides the Priest one that you so eloquently manned up to:

The applause was because he mentioned Keith Cash. Obscure references to marginal past players = instant win. It's called "having fun".

I thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't being serious, since just about everybody here is aware with how often I agree with shane.

As for the instance you quoted, I don't get it. The agent said what he said, according to more than a half dozen sources, half of which have no affiliation to KC or the Chiefs whatsoever. Grasping at straws? I've been wrong alot on this message board, I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble finding examples.

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 02:50 PM
The applause was because he mentioned Keith Cash. Obscure references to marginal past players = instant win. It's called "having fun".

I thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't being serious, since just about everybody here is aware with how often I agree with shane.

As for the instance you quoted, I don't get it. The agent said what he said, according to more than a half dozen sources, half of which have no affiliation to KC or the Chiefs whatsoever. Grasping at straws? I've been wrong alot on this message board, I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble finding examples.

Just having fun back at you Parker. Quit taking it so serious! :D
But I will admit, I totally mis-read the intentions of your post, sorry.

Micjones
08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Even if you're skeptical about Wilson snagging more than 15 balls won't exactly be Mission Impossible.

Will he be the Chiefs Offensive MVP? No...
But he's producing for the first time in his career.
He's the best option at FB we currently have on the roster...

He should keep the job.

htismaqe
08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Just having fun back at you Parker. Quit taking it so serious! :D

God dammit!

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 02:53 PM
God dammit!
ROFL You need to check my edit to my previous post.

htismaqe
08-06-2007, 03:06 PM
ROFL You need to check my edit to my previous post.

You still made me look like an ass.

God dammit!

:deevee:

StcChief
08-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Even if you're skeptical about Wilson snagging more than 15 balls won't exactly be Mission Impossible.

Will he be the Chiefs Offensive MVP? No...
But he's producing for the first time in his career.
He's the best option at FB we currently have on the roster...

He should keep the job.Wilson and Boomer will give the FB/ hybrid position new life after TRich departed.

teedubya
08-06-2007, 04:02 PM
FUGG OFF KRIS WILSON!!!11 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88697&mode=linear)

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 04:12 PM
You still made me look like an ass.

God dammit!

:deevee:

Not intentional, besides, I don't think you came off that way at all. I was the one that misread your intentions on the Keith Cash post.

HemiEd
08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
FUGG OFF KRIS WILSON!!!11 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88697&mode=linear)

ROFL Kris Wilson (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150180)

shaneo69
08-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Uh oh, looks like he won't be able to help our offense in the first preseason game. But since we're all used to waiting for him to produce, this is only a minor setback...

"Kris Wilson missed Wednesday’s workout for what Herm Edwards called “personal reasons.” Edwards said Wilson has returned home and will not play in Saturday’s game at Cleveland."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/224541.html

Tribal Warfare
08-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Kolby Smith, possibly the next Kimble Anders from what I've been hearing

jidar
08-09-2007, 03:37 PM
IT'S THE YEAR OF THE SASQUATCH, ALL HAIL KRIS "BIG FOOT" WILSON

HemiEd
08-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Uh oh, looks like he won't be able to help our offense in the first preseason game. But since we're all used to waiting for him to produce, this is only a minor setback...

"Kris Wilson missed Wednesday’s workout for what Herm Edwards called “personal reasons.” Edwards said Wilson has returned home and will not play in Saturday’s game at Cleveland."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/224541.html

Thanks for posting that shane. Did anyone else get just a "little panic attack" seeing Hicks listed on the injury report?