PDA

View Full Version : latest on Mcintosh

jjchieffan
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- Kansas City starting left tackle Damion McIntosh could miss an extended period with a knee injury -- bad news for the Chiefs' already shaky line.

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that doctors are still evaluating McIntosh's injury, initially diagnosed as a sprain. McIntosh hurt his right knee late Monday afternoon during practice and was taken off the field on a motorized cart.

"He's hurting," Edwards said. "Right now he's week-to-week. It'll be a while."

The Chiefs signed McIntosh, a seven-year veteran who played previously at San Diego and Miami, during the offseason hoping he could fill the void created by left tackle Willie Roaf's abrupt retirement before last season.

Kansas City is also trying to replace another perennial Pro Bowler, guard Will Shields, who retired in the offseason.

Edwards said third-year pro Will Svitek, a former sixth-round draft choice and converted defensive lineman, will take over as the starter at left tackle despite having played in just three games during his NFL career.

"I've got to work hard on my fundamentals, because I lack experience," he said. "There's always pressure. This is the NFL. It's a high-performance business. You've got to step up."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

boogblaster
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
DamitBob.....thats not what me wanted to hear......

BigRock
08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
I like the idea of seeing what we have in Svitek. Willie Roaf said in his last year with the team that Will was the Chiefs' left tackle of the future. The guy dominated in NFL Europe last year.

The only way we're going to know what he's got is to line him up next to Waters and give him a chance. And we know he can't be worse than Black, because that isn't physically possible.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I like the idea of seeing what we have in Svitek. Willie Roaf said in his last year with the team that Will was the Chiefs' left tackle of the future. The guy dominated in NFL Europe last year.

The only way we're going to know what he's got is to line him up next to Shields and give him a chance. And we know he can't be worse than Black, because that isn't physically possible.

Call it a hunch, but I don't think he's gonna be lining up next to Shields this year.

Chiefnj2
08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
They took some quotes from Herm's press conference and expanded it. Herm was pretty non-commital. He later said it wasn't a full season injury and wouldn't give any specifics other than it being week to week. (which is what he said about Trent IIRC).

booyaf2
08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
The latest on McIntosh,
Didn't they come out with some new Iphone?

The Franchise
08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Call it a hunch, but I don't think he's gonna be lining up next to Shields this year.
ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
08-07-2007, 01:34 PM
They took some quotes from Herm's press conference and expanded it. Herm was pretty non-commital. He later said it wasn't a full season injury and wouldn't give any specifics other than it being week to week. (which is what he said about Trent IIRC).
That would seemingly imply that it's not an ACL tear, which is a good thing.

StcChief
08-07-2007, 01:36 PM
LT ? Svitek/Turley/ or off the Cut list by other NFL team.
trade. LJ?

BigMeatballDave
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Call it a hunch, but I don't think he's gonna be lining up next to Shields this year.LMAO

Frankie
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
trade. LJ?You read my mind.

Frankie
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
You read my mind.
OK who has an up and coming LT? We have LJ for some sort of a trade.

Micjones
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Svitek's definitely next in line.
Glad the Chiefs got that part right.

Experimenting with moving a RT over only makes us vulnerable at both Tackle spots.

The jury's still out on Svitek.
On the one hand NFL-E might've worn him down and ruined any chance he had at contributing last season. On the other hand McIntosh would never have been signed if the Chiefs believed in Svitek.

Here's our chance at seeing what the kid has.

ct
08-07-2007, 01:51 PM
OK who has an up and coming LT? We have LJ for some sort of a trade.

Leonard Davis is in Dallas.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but to me this doesn't sound real serious...

Micjones
08-07-2007, 01:56 PM
No, I'm pretty much with you on that one HM.
If it's really just a sprain he should be ready to go by the opener.

Demonpenz
08-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Dang i have been outscooped

Frankie
08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
:hmmm: Do tell me more.

Hammock Parties

I wouldn't be too optimistic at this point.

FD
doomed.

Frankie
08-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Svitek's definitely next in line.
Glad the Chiefs got that part right.

Experimenting with moving a RT over only makes us vulnerable at both Tackle spots.

The jury's still out on Svitek.
On the one hand NFL-E might've worn him down and ruined any chance he had at contributing last season. On the other hand McIntosh would never have been signed if the Chiefs believed in Svitek.

Here's our chance at seeing what the kid has.
That's the part that bugs me badly. The Chiefs were really swift in signing MacIntosh.

Frankie
08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
No, I'm pretty much with you on that one HM.
If it's really just a sprain he should be ready to go by the opener.
Too late. Croyle will be on IR by then.

Priest4Prez
08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
If we could get him and the two first rounders they have for LJ, that would be a good trade.

Demonpenz
08-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I am tempted to start a thread about this, but this is why most draft experts us passing on joe staley stucked so bad. Atleast if our starting WR goes down we still have TG and if we can protect would could get them the ball. The cubard is aweful bare at OG

Micjones
08-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Too late. Croyle will be on IR by then.

Hello West Coast offense.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 02:08 PM

By the same token, I see no reason to panic either.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I am tempted to start a thread about this, but this is why most draft experts us passing on joe staley stucked so bad. Atleast if our starting WR goes down we still have TG and if we can protect would could get them the ball. The cubard is aweful bare at OG

Svitek is probably more ready to play than Staley.

Priest4Prez
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Nor do i

Frankie
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
If we could get him and the two first rounders they have for LJ, that would be a good trade.
I wouldn't mind trying what you are smoking.

Micjones
08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Svitek is probably more ready to play than Staley.

I agree.

cdcox
08-07-2007, 02:11 PM

Please, please, let this be a WPI inside scoop.

Chiefnj2
08-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Not to put too much into Herm's words, but his choice of "it'll be a while" isn't exactly promising.

BigRock
08-07-2007, 02:12 PM
:banghead:

Waters, of course. I had Shields on the brain from reading about him showing up at camp. Svitek wouldn't have lined up next to him anyway.

Priest4Prez
08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't mind trying what you are smoking.
Oh, we'd have to give up something in return besides lj, but that would be a sweet deal

Stinger
08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
doomed.

:hmmm:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K92OVFeGgIE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K92OVFeGgIE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Priest4Prez
08-07-2007, 02:17 PM
ROFL

nychief
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM

The only way we're going to know what he's got is to line him up next to Shields and give him a chance. And we know he can't be worse than Black, because that isn't physically possible.

Line him up next to Shields? Where? In the buffet line?

ct
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Maybe they'll throw in Herschel Walker too? I hear he still moves pretty well with that walker.

Priest4Prez
08-07-2007, 02:21 PM
y not?

BigRock
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
On the other hand McIntosh would never have been signed if the Chiefs believed in Svitek.
They knew they were letting Black go, so grabbing an LT was a priority no matter what. I'm sure in their ideal scenario, Svitek would still have time to get seasoned. But things happen.

Carl raved about Svitek last year. Not being sure if he's ready to be the starter isn't quite the same as "we don't believe in him".

EyePod
08-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Leonard Davis would be a terrible fit. He is only going to do well at guard. He can't move and he's known for tons of penalties because of this. He played guard his first two years int he NFL and in his second he was a probowl alternate. Then a certain Denny came in and put him at LT (which he did play in college, but DE from college are just a little different than in the NFL). His reasoning was that he was the #2 pick, so he should play LT. And he had no production in the position and the cards offense was BAD. He wouldn't be worth the trade and he would destroy any offensive hopes.

HemiEd
08-07-2007, 02:23 PM

Do you think Brodie Croyle will be starting now that this has happened? Or do you think it doesn't matter?

B_Ambuehl
08-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Svitek hasn't blocked anyone the last 2 preseasons. I was really pulling for the guy (as is obvious by my sig), but I dont think he can play. He looked way worse than Jordan Black at left tackle last preaseason.

HemiEd
08-07-2007, 02:25 PM

ROFL Yes that would be very good! Can you help arrange it please?

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Not to put too much into Herm's words, but his choice of "it'll be a while" isn't exactly promising.

Yeah, true.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Do you think Brodie Croyle will be starting now that this has happened? Or do you think it doesn't matter?

Doesn't matter.

Priest4Prez
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
ROFL Yes that would be very good! Can you help arrange it please?
I just need the Cowboy's GM's # and Carl's number and I can have this trade done in a couple of hours

SBK
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, we finally get to see what we have in Svitek!

Zouk
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
So a grade 1 sprain is about 1-3 weeks recovery time.

A grade 2 sprain/partial tear is likely about a 6-10 week injury.

A grade 3 is a complete tear, requires surgery and means he's done for the year.

Based on Herm's comments, we must be dealing with a grade 2, right?

ct
08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Leonard Davis would be a terrible fit. He is only going to do well at guard. He can't move and he's known for tons of penalties because of this. He played guard his first two years int he NFL and in his second he was a probowl alternate. Then a certain Denny came in and put him at LT (which he did play in college, but DE from college are just a little different than in the NFL). His reasoning was that he was the #2 pick, so he should play LT. And he had no production in the position and the cards offense was BAD. He wouldn't be worth the trade and he would destroy any offensive hopes.

RE: Leonard Davis

Please adjust your sarcasm meters gang. LD is a bum!!

go_broncos
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
KAAAAAAARMAAAAAAAAAAA

beer bacon
08-07-2007, 03:03 PM

The problem is that Staley is an overrated project of a player.

Priest4Prez
08-07-2007, 03:04 PM
KAAAAAAARMAAAAAAAAAAA
It happens all the time. Big deal Jarvis Moss and Micintosh will be back by the regular season.

macdawg
08-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I'd be a lot more comfortable seeing what we have in Svitek while he plays with the other backup lineman in the preseason and watching McIntosh get chemistry and reps with the starting line.

Hopefully in a 2-3 weeks he will be 100%, and play a little in the preseason with the rest of the starting o-line and get everything in sync, otherwise 3-13 here we come.

Mr. Laz
08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
at least we got this year's excuse for the offense out of the way early.

LOCOChief
08-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Anyone know what Svitek came into camp weighing?

Tribal Warfare
08-07-2007, 04:52 PM
KAAAAAAARMAAAAAAAAAAA

please explain n00b, how is this Karma? Did Mcintosh steal your lunch money in elementary school, or did he give you atomic wedgies????????

TEX
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Svitek hasn't blocked anyone the last 2 preseasons. I was really pulling for the guy (as is obvious by my sig), but I dont think he can play. He looked way worse than Jordan Black at left tackle last preaseason.

My thoughts exactly. This injury is the absolute worst that could have happened to this team under the circumstances. The only "good" thing is that it happened early on but we're still gonna have to go with what we have on the roster. So, it looks like we could all be in store for a replay of last year. Just plain bad luck... :banghead:

Micjones
08-07-2007, 04:56 PM
They knew they were letting Black go, so grabbing an LT was a priority no matter what.

Perhaps, but they chose a starting caliber LT because they knew Svitek didn't fit the bill. Otherwise such a FA commitment was unnecessary.

Not being sure if he's ready to be the starter isn't quite the same as "we don't believe in him".

The contract they gave McIntosh is such that D-Mack would have to have been your starter the next 2 seasons.

That's hardly a vote of confidence?
"Will, we believe in you... Just not for the next 2 years."
Which by that time I'd imagine his contract (Svitek) would be up.

They believe in Will to do what? Be a backup LT who will only see the field in the event of an injury?

Micjones
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

It's been reported that McIntosh has had the MRI and there is officially no ligament damage.

He's expected back in 4-6 weeks.

Buns
08-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Good let him rest and heal, while letting Svitek get good reps. Unfortunate the line will not be gelling like they could be though.

Micjones
08-07-2007, 05:46 PM
He could be back by the opener.

Tribal Warfare
08-07-2007, 05:49 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

It's been reported that McIntosh has had the MRI and there is officially no ligament damage.

Excellent!!!!!!

FAX
08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Finally. Some good news. Now, let's trade LJ, name Downfield Damon the starter, and get on down the road to everlasting mediocrity!!!

FAX

BigRock
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Perhaps, but they chose a starting caliber LT because they knew Svitek didn't fit the bill. Otherwise such a FA commitment was unnecessary.

The contract they gave McIntosh is such that D-Mack would have to have been your starter the next 2 seasons.

That's hardly a vote of confidence?
"Will, we believe in you... Just not for the next 2 years."
Which by that time I'd imagine his contract (Svitek) would be up.

They believe in Will to do what? Be a backup LT who will only see the field in the event of an injury?
If they didn't think Svitek had anything, they wouldn't have let Jordan Black leave. There was more than enough cap room to sign him and have him compete with McIntosh. Letting Black leave made Will the backup for one of the most important positions in football. So right away we know they have some modicum of confidence in him. That's further shown by the fact that they're making him the default starter, and not having Turley do it or freaking out and looking for trade options.

Svitek never had a chance to do anything last year. He played in NFL Europe before he came to camp and ultimately ended up getting hurt. He was probably never 100% at any point that Herm, in his first year with the team, was evaluating him.

So you know you need a left tackle. You know you've got this young guy on the squad who's a raw talent, but you haven't seen enough from him to say with confidence that he's your starter going into next season. So you go after a guy in free agency who's not anything special but who should hold down the position for a year or two. In the meantime, you keep bringing the young guy along, moving him up the depth chart. And if the free agent you signed somehow turns out to be Willie Roaf Jr., you always have the option of trying the young guy at another spot on the line.

I just look at it at bringing a guy along slowly, not that they don't think he can do the job.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
:banghead:

Waters, of course. I had Shields on the brain from reading about him showing up at camp. Svitek wouldn't have lined up next to him anyway.

LMAO I had nothing else to add.

Toad
08-07-2007, 07:35 PM
trade. LJ?

Punctuation? Your post would be easier to read with. Sentence structure? :D

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 07:40 PM
If they didn't think Svitek had anything, they wouldn't have let Jordan Black leave. There was more than enough cap room to sign him and have him compete with McIntosh. Letting Black leave made Will the backup for one of the most important positions in football. So right away we know they have some modicum of confidence in him. That's further shown by the fact that they're making him the default starter, and not having Turley do it or freaking out and looking for trade options.

Svitek never had a chance to do anything last year. He played in NFL Europe before he came to camp and ultimately ended up getting hurt. He was probably never 100% at any point that Herm, in his first year with the team, was evaluating him.

So you know you need a left tackle. You know you've got this young guy on the squad who's a raw talent, but you haven't seen enough from him to say with confidence that he's your starter going into next season. So you go after a guy in free agency who's not anything special but who should hold down the position for a year or two. In the meantime, you keep bringing the young guy along, moving him up the depth chart. And if the free agent you signed somehow turns out to be Willie Roaf Jr., you always have the option of trying the young guy at another spot on the line.

I just look at it at bringing a guy along slowly, not that they don't think he can do the job.

There's 42 1st or 2nd year players at camp. They're going to be starting at QB, WR, DE, DT, SS, and FS.

I find it hard to believe that they're rushing EVERY young guy on the team onto the field but they're being cautious with Svitek.

Much like Key Fox and a few others, it's pretty obvious they feel Svitek is a backup.

Toad
08-07-2007, 07:41 PM
GREAT NEWS!!!

Thank you Jesus! I was beginning to have nightmares about a doped up Merriam coming off the left edge around Svitek and pounding Croyle into cream corn...

Rain Man
08-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Good news is if this is only a preseason thing.

However, I imagine it would be entertaining seeing Svitek starting. I can see him physically injuring any player who would dare beat him for a sack.

noa
08-07-2007, 07:50 PM
I can see him physically injuring any player who would dare beat him for a sack.

He was seen perfecting the Prague Pulverizer at training camp. It strains the groin and the hamstrings, and it looked ugly.

ct
08-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Finally. Some good news. Now, let's trade LJ, name Downfield Damon the starter, and get on down the road to everlasting mediocrity!!!

FAX

That's the spirit!!

htismaqe
08-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Apparently, Soren Petro spoke with Brian Waters about this, and Waters told him that he's confident McIntosh will be back prior to the opener.

ct
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
sure hope so

Priest4Prez
08-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Good news is if this is only a preseason thing.

However, I imagine it would be entertaining seeing Svitek starting. I can see him physically injuring any player who would dare beat him for a sack.
If he took out Merriman, he'd do everybody a favor

RustShack
08-08-2007, 12:54 PM
He could and hopfully will be back by the season opener, home opener with Allen for sure.

StcChief
08-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Hopefully 4 weeks. Svitek trial by fire vs. Texans wouldn't be the worst... Da Bears that's another story

TEX
08-08-2007, 01:06 PM

The only way we're going to know what he's got is to line him up next to Waters and give him a chance. And we know he can't be worse than Black, because that isn't physically possible.

Want to bet? He was worse last year so...

Messier
08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Want to bet? He was worse last year so...

He was injured all year, so how do we know he was worse?

Chiefnj2
08-10-2007, 08:18 AM
BUMP

I hear McIntosh had knee surgery yesterday. I guess it'll be 6+ weaks for that "sprain".

the Talking Can
08-10-2007, 08:21 AM
BUMP

I hear McIntosh had knee surgery yesterday. I guess it'll be 6+ weaks for that "sprain".

where did ye hear that, o bearer of black news?

allen_kcCard
08-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I heard it on the radio yesterday on 610 I believe it was.

They said he had orthoscopic surgery, but there was no sign of any tearing, so it was all good news and that he should only be 4-6 weeks.

cdcox
08-10-2007, 08:26 AM
http://www.topix.net/content/kri/2007/08/chiefs-buzz-mcintosh-has-knee-surgery

Chiefs buzz: McIntosh has knee surgery
Kansas City Star

August 09, 2007

Original Kansas City Star article: Chiefs buzz: McIntosh has knee surgery
McIntosh has surgery

Offensive tackle Damion McIntosh had arthroscopic surgery on his sprained right knee Thursday.

McIntosh injured the knee in practice this week and is being replaced in the starting lineup by Will Svitek.

The Chiefs haven't said when they expect McIntosh to return, but they're hoping he's ready to play early in the regular season.

QB competition is on

The battle between Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard heats up in the first preseason game Saturday night in Cleveland. Croyle will start, and coach Herm Edwards said Huard would also play.

Not surprisingly, both players had similar answers when asked what the eventual winner of this battle needed to show Edwards.

Huard: 'Who move the chains in the preseason games? Who doesn't turn it over? That and who his gut tells him to go with.'

Croyle: 'Don't get in the game and feel like just because it's a game that I need to push the ball up the field or hit the big play. If it isn't there, take the check-down. If it isn't there, come to your second read and it will be a 5-yard gain. Second (down) and 5 is an offensive coordinator's best friend.'

Living the dream

Wide receiver Brent Little, who was raised mostly in Kansas City, is now doing what most boys who grow up in the area can only dream about. He's in camp with the Chiefs.

Little was born in Poplar Bluff, Mo., but moved to the Kansas City area when he was 3. He stayed through his freshman year of high school at St. Thomas Aquinas before finishing in Poplar Bluff and then moving on to college at Southern Illinois.

Little went to camp last year with Cleveland but never played in a preseason game. He is a long shot to stick with the Chiefs but is looking forward to Saturday night's game.

'I'm just thankful for the opportunity the Chiefs have given me,' he said. 'Saturday night is another opportunity to show them what I can do. Even if I don't get a chance to run some routes, I'll get to play on special teams. If I make this team, it will be on special teams first and foremost.'

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ...

THE OFFENSE

The Chiefs practiced only once and are obviously gearing down for Saturday night's game. The offense and defense worked on some of Cleveland's plays and schemes. Rookie quarterback Jeff Terrell got plenty of work when the starting defense was on the field.

THE DEFENSE

Rookie tackle Tank Tyler, a third-round draft choice, is likely to start against the Browns. Tackle Alfonso Boone is back to practice but probably won't play in Cleveland because of an injured finger.

INJURY REPORT

Running backs Priest Holmes (conditioning), Kris Wilson (excused for personal reasons), Boomer Grigsby (rib), Greg Hanoian (shoulder) and Gilbert Harris (hamstring), wide receivers Dwayne Bowe (conditioning) and Maurice Price (shoulder), tight end Jason Dunn (back), offensive linemen Damion McIntosh (knee), Chris Bober (hip) and George Batiste (knee) and linebacker David Hicks (knee) did not practice.

CONTRACT WATCH

Running back Larry Johnson continued his holdout and is not in camp.

TODAY'S SCHEDULE

The Chiefs will travel to Cleveland, where they will play the Browns in the preseason opener on Saturday night.

the Talking Can
08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
I heard it on the radio yesterday on 610 I believe it was.

They said he had orthoscopic surgery, but there was no sign of any tearing, so it was all good news and that he should only be 4-6 weeks.

thanks for clarifying....interesting...surgery is never good news...

and I'll pay you premium for that info

allen_kcCard
08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/226151.html

the Talking Can
08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Time to shine Tank.

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 08:31 AM
thanks for clarifying....interesting...surgery is never good news...

and I'll pay you premium for that info

Arthroscopic surgery is really just the insertion of a scope in the knee. It doesn't imply that they actually had to then operate and fix something.

It's not really bad news at all, they probably just did it to confirm the results of the MRI.

the Talking Can
08-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Arthroscopic surgery is really just the insertion of a scope in the knee. It doesn't imply that they actually had to then operate and fix something.

It's not really bad news at all, they probably just did it to confirm the results of the MRI.

damn, it is raining premium info in here

but seriously, thanks, I didn't realize that...

allen_kcCard
08-10-2007, 08:34 AM
I do blieve they did mention that they repaired his miniscus on the radio as well, but again they said that is minor and it was good new because there was no tearing and the recovery would be quick.

el borracho
08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
I will be rooting for Svitek to perform so well that McIntosh never sees the field again (no offense to McIntosh, of course).

MOhillbilly
08-10-2007, 08:40 AM
ive liked what ive seen from svitek. he has the size and ability from what little bit ive seen against scrubs to crush.
my first impression was that he had good feet and leverage but that was last year.

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 08:40 AM
I do blieve they did mention that they repaired his miniscus on the radio as well, but again they said that is minor and it was good new because there was no tearing and the recovery would be quick.

Hmmm...if they "repaired" his miniscus, then he had a tear. If there was no tear, then there was nothing to repair.

It's kind of either/or.

InChiefsHeaven
08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
As long as all they did was look and not have to actually repair anything, he should be fine. Hopefully he'll be back in time for me to see the Vikings game!

Chiefnj2
08-10-2007, 08:47 AM
All speculation at this point, but I'm kind of surprised nobody was really talking about it.

allen_kcCard
08-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Hmmm...if they "repaired" his miniscus, then he had a tear. If there was no tear, then there was nothing to repair.

It's kind of either/or.

I thought that too, it sounded to me like they may have been pulling some of that out of thier ass when they said it. I was in traffic at the time, so I was a little distracted, so they may have said that since they didn't have to repair the meniscus it would be a faster recovery, but I thought they said that they "only" repaired it.

I'll wait to see something I can read instead of catching something interesting amidst all the other crap that I mostly tune out.