PDA

View Full Version : NFT: construction of a playground

Jilly
08-07-2007, 02:03 PM
So, i'm looking into cost and regulations to rebuild a playground at church...

a. Does anyone have suggestions of a company that does this for nonprofits?

b. Anyone have any clue where I would search to find rules/codes for building safe playgrounds in Missouri?

StcChief
08-07-2007, 02:05 PM
check with your city/county gov't that would fall under control of property location.

seclark
08-07-2007, 02:11 PM
is the church also a daycare? might make a difference.
sec

Jilly
08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
is the church also a daycare? might make a difference.
sec
no, it's not, but the playground is highly used by the neighborhood

Stinger
08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I would seriously look at insurance premiums and liability before I would take on this venture. From what I understand they can be a some what large for a playground in a public setting/place.

Jilly
08-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I would seriously look at insurance premiums and liability before I would take on this venture. From what I understand they can be a some what large for a playground in a public setting/place.

We already have one, but it's made of wood chips and some moveable playground equipment and seriously needs updating.

Demonpenz
08-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Just to be safe I would give the kids gold chains towear and also throw in some trampolines

redsurfer11
08-07-2007, 04:35 PM

b. Anyone have any clue where I would search to find rules/codes for building safe playgrounds in Missouri?

Speak to a store manager at your local Home Depot store. They redo some playgrounds thru their charities. Could also be on the Home Depot web site.

jiveturkey
08-07-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.athcollc.com/

redsurfer11
08-07-2007, 04:41 PM

Also try www.kaboom.org/

Jilly
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
yay! That's what I am looking for!!!! Thank you so much! If there's other suggestions like those and also suggestions about codes, etc...I'd love to hear it!!

redsurfer11
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
yay! That's what I am looking for!!!! Thank you so much! If there's other suggestions like those and also suggestions about codes, etc...I'd love to hear it!!

Good Luck.

Boise_Chief
08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
rainbow systems should be able to help with code and equipment. 5-10 grand

Iowanian
08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I've built, helped build, or volunteered as a helper on several playgrounds of all sizes....2 weeks ago a back yard set, and everything to wooden trains, firetrucks etc..

This question is like "how much does a car cost"...do you want a Yugo or a Caddy?

If its for a NFP organization.....buy the materials and ask for volunteers......1 Chief, the rest Indians.