PDA

View Full Version : 2007 opening day roster

jjchieffan
08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Barring injury, The final roster looks pretty well set. Lets see who makes it, and who doesn't make it on your roster. This is a quick one, I threw together, 54 men, because allen will be suspended first 2 weeks, not sure who will get cut when he returns:

offense

QB Croyle Huard Printers
LT McIntosh Svitek (Turley)
RT Terry Turley Sampson
LG Waters Bober
RG Welbourn Stallings (Bober)
C Weigman Niswanger
TE Gonzalez Dunn Wilson
FB Grigsby (Wilson)
RB Johnson Bennett Smith
Wr Kennison Gardner Hannon
wr Parker Bowe Webb

Defense

LE Hali Wilkerson
LT Edwards Tyler
RT Boone Reed
RE Allen Mcbride (when Allen returns wk3)
LOLB Johnson Fox
MLB Nap Harris Nate Harris
ROLB Edwards Scanlon
LCB Law Bragg
RCB Surtain Sapp Breckenridge
SS Pollard Wesley
FS Page McGraw

Special Teams

P Colquit
K Medlock
LS Darche
PR/KR Ean Randolph

CoMoChief
08-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Priest Holmes will make the team.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Allen won't be starting at RDE because he's suspended for the first two games.

RustShack
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Bell will make the team too

ct
08-07-2007, 02:58 PM
12 O-Linemen?

Where is the long-snapper dude? I forget his name... EDIT: DOH!

ct
08-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't think we'll keep 7 WRs, cut Parker.
Also don't think we'll keep 12 O-Linemen, cut Taylor for the PS.

Priest will make the team as a 4th RB.

I think you might have 55 guys listed. But I gotta go vote, so I'm out...

ChiefsCountry
08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
My prediction for the 53 man lineup with Allen in it, they will cut some scrub and I dont know which one:

QB - Croyle, Huard, Printers
RB - Johnson, Bennett, Smith, Holmes
FB - Wilson, Grisgby
WR - Kennison, Bowe, Parker, Webb, Hannon, Rudolph
TE - Gonzalez, Dunn
OT - McIntosh, Turley, Svitek, Terry
OG - Waters, Taylor, Welbourn, Stallings
C - Weigmann, Niswanger

DE - Allen, Hali, McBride, Wilkerson
DT - Boone, Edwards, Tyler, Reed
LB - Johnson, Edwards, Harris, Bell, Kershaw, Fox
CB - Law, Surtain, Sapp, Poole, Maxey
SS - Pollard, Wesley
FS - Page, McGraw

K - Medlock
P - Colquitt
LS - Darche

RustShack
08-07-2007, 03:10 PM
My prediction for the 53 man lineup with Allen in it, they will cut some scrub and I dont know which one:

QB - Croyle, Huard, Printers
RB - Johnson, Bennett, Smith, Holmes
FB - Wilson, Grisgby
WR - Kennison, Bowe, Parker, Webb, Hannon, Rudolph
TE - Gonzalez, Dunn
OT - McIntosh, Turley, Svitek, Terry
OG - Waters, Taylor, Welbourn, Stallings
C - Weigmann, Niswanger

DE - Allen, Hali, McBride, Wilkerson
DT - Boone, Edwards, Tyler, Reed
LB - Johnson, Edwards, Harris, Bell, Kershaw, Fox
CB - Law, Surtain, Sapp, Poole, Maxey
SS - Pollard, Wesley
FS - Page, McGraw

K - Medlock
P - Colquitt
LS - Darche

I agree with you on everything except CB, I think Brackenridge makes it. Replacing either Sapp or Maxey... maybe even both.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Sapp will make the team.

jjchieffan
08-07-2007, 03:19 PM
You are right... 12 o-linemen is too many. McIntosh will most likely start the season on the PUP, dropping it to 11. When he returns, you are probably right again. He will get cut to the PS. As for Priest. I love what hes done, but, most likey, the only way he makes the roster is on PUP, if LJ is still not back, or Bennett or Smith gets injured. Also, I know Allen is suspended, I noted that in my post, i saidthats why I listed 54 men. I guess I could have just removed him, doesnt matter, he will be starter week 3. ANd I did have 55 men...oops. Move Mcintosh to PUP, and allen suspended. I dont see Bell making the team, but I could be wrong. Who do you cut to keep him?

ChiefsCountry
08-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I dont think McIntosh's injury is season ending to put him on any IR list right now. Heck I would bet that he will be in the lineup in Houston opening day.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
You are right... 12 o-linemen is too many. McIntosh will most likely start the season on the PUP, dropping it to 11. When he returns, you are probably right again. He will get cut to the PS. As for Priest. I love what hes done, but, most likey, the only way he makes the roster is on PUP, if LJ is still not back, or Bennett or Smith gets injured. Also, I know Allen is suspended, I noted that in my post, i saidthats why I listed 54 men. I guess I could have just removed him, doesnt matter, he will be starter week 3. ANd I did have 55 men...oops. Move Mcintosh to PUP, and allen suspended. I dont see Bell making the team, but I could be wrong. Who do you cut to keep him?

McIntosh can't go on the practice squad. Is that what you meant?

ChiefsCountry
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
McIntosh can't go on the practice squad. Is that what you meant?

Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)

Splat420
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I agree with you on everything except CB, I think Brackenridge makes it. Replacing either Sapp or Maxey... maybe even both.

Maxey is gone IMO and I don't think Priest makes the team I don't feel Herm will give him a real chance.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)

No, look at what he wrote:

McIntosh will most likely start the season on the PUP, dropping it to 11. When he returns, you are probably right again. He will get cut to the PS.

jjchieffan
08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
No, I said PUP, physicaly unable to perform, not IR either. I believe Priest is on it now, and the Chiefs can activate him later, but he doesnt count aginst the roster.

ChiefsCountry
08-07-2007, 03:30 PM
No, look at what he wrote:

McIntosh will most likely start the season on the PUP, dropping it to 11. When he returns, you are probably right again. He will get cut to the PS.

Didnt see that. Only lineup who could go to the PS would be Taylor.

jjchieffan
my bad, I meant to say. Taylor would get cut to the PS

ChiefsCountry
my bad, I meant to say. Terry would get cut to the PS

He cant go there either.

noa
No, I said PUP, physicaly unable to perform, not IR either. I believe Priest is on it now, and the Chiefs can activate him later, but he doesnt count aginst the roster.

They'll have to make a move by the 3rd preseason game

jjchieffan
08-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I fixed it, Taylor will get cut to the PS. I was curios about the PUP, I couldn't find the rule on it, but it seems to me that it is different than IR. They are not out for the season, but it they do have to be out for a while. I will continue to look for the rule

ChiefsCountry
08-07-2007, 03:36 PM
NFL rules allow teams to designate players as "Physically Unable to Perform." Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster.

htismaqe
08-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Which means Priest and Dunn can be activated at any time, but McIntosh cannot be placed on PUP.

ChiefsCountry
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Which means Priest and Dunn can be activated at any time, but McIntosh cannot be placed on PUP.

Correct.

Micjones
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM

I'm with both of you, but I think Michael Bragg takes the last CB spot.

jjchieffan
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
okay, well in that case, I will remove Taylor from my lineup. He is a good PS candidate. I am just so leary of puuting young talented Olinemen on the PS after the way we lost lilja. I hope that doesnt happen again. I see the Colts have Thorpe now. Watch him turn into a stater too. lol

jjchieffan
08-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Does anyone see any sleepers that might have a breakout preseason and make the team? I think Parker still makes the team. Kenison, Bowe, Hannon, Webb, and Gardner should make it as well + randolph for ST. That is alot of wide recievers. Perhaps, one of them gets cut, and we keep Priest?