PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV to disconnect us. Rather than keep us as a customer.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 08:12 PM
We have everything premium package with them. 11 sets, all the movie channels. NFL ticket. Everything. Always pay early and completely.

We've never received HD downstairs on our local channel for two years. The technicians are fuggin retards who have no clue about their technology they install. There is several other things. Too many to list. If this prevents one person from getting there service, than this thread was worth it to me. It must be bad if I'm going to sacrifice my NFL ticket with them. I'm not even going to give them the business on one of our sets.

F__C em!!

IM PISSED...

Adept Havelock
08-07-2007, 08:21 PM
We have everything premium package with them. 11 sets, all the movie channels. NFL ticket. Everything. Always pay early and completely.

We've never received HD downstairs on our local channel for two years. The technicians are fuggin retards who have no clue about their technology they install. There is several other things. Too many to list. If this prevents one person from getting there service, than this thread was worth it to me. It must be bad if I'm going to sacrifice my NFL ticket with them. I'm not even going to give them the business on one of our sets.

F__C em!!

IM PISSED...

:eek:

Hang in there, SR. You must be enraged. I've never seen you be anything but a nice guy.

DirectTV folks, take cover. SR is on the warpath.

MGRS13
08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I had to get Directtv while I was in Wyoming last year. It was awfull they have the worst customer service and I was lied to multiple times by them. So glad I dont have to deal with there shit just to see the chiefs this year.

MIAdragon
08-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I HATE DTV, NFL ST is the ONLY reason we have it.

chief52
08-07-2007, 08:27 PM
I get pissed at DTV as well, but the damn cable company pisses me off even more. I will stick with DTV...

Mr. Plow
08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I get pissed at DTV as well, but the damn cable company pisses me off even more. I will stick with DTV...

I've never had DTV. Always cable. Sure I hate them, but they appear to be the lesser of two evils.

chagrin
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm confused, why are they disconnecting you?

Thig Lyfe
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Dammit Skip! :cuss:

kcxiv
08-07-2007, 08:37 PM
i have direct tv with comcast cable. wuwu. i get the best of both. lol

Skip Towne
08-07-2007, 08:41 PM
There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth. D* doesn't boot good customers such as yourself for no reason. They just don't! What is the problem?

Logical
08-07-2007, 08:48 PM
:huh:

It seems weird, DTV must be really different out here on the Left coast as I get nothing but excellent service from them. Sorry for your troubles, it must truly bite the big one for you to give up your Sunday Ticket. Hope you have better luck with cable than I did in the past.

Logical
08-07-2007, 08:51 PM
There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth. D* doesn't boot good customers such as yourself for no reason. They just don't! What is the problem?
Skip I am guessing he is dumping them not the other way around. I think his thread header may be misleading.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 08:56 PM
The thread title was accurate. The last mgr. we spoke with stated she was unable to help and she'd patch us to disco.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 08:58 PM
The disco. lady saved our business. 256.00 in outstanding credits. Two free months of NFL Package and one free month of full service.

I tell you when it starts to cut into several work days of both me and my wife. It becomes another fuggin job. The main problem is accountability or lack thereof.

Logical
08-07-2007, 08:59 PM
The thread title was accurate. The last mgr. we spoke with stated she was unable to help and she'd patch us to disco.

The thread title makes it sound like you have no input they are just disconnecting you. But it sounds like they have given you the choice of being disconnected since they cannot fix your problem. Am I reading your thread post wrong?

wutamess
08-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Been a customer for 5 years... not one complaint other than they keep promising 150 extra HD channels every summer.

I ask for discounts on certain things and get them when I want them.
Don't know why you're so mad.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 09:04 PM
The thread title makes it sound like you have no input they are just disconnecting you. But it sounds like they have given you the choice of being disconnected since they cannot fix your problem. Am I reading your thread post wrong?
Hmm, I thought that "to" part would have indicated that, that would be their next steps. *shrug* I'm definitely not the best communicator when I'm upset. Thanks... : )

Skip Towne
08-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Been a customer for 5 years... not one complaint other than they keep promising 150 extra HD channels every summer.

I ask for discounts on certain things and get them when I want them.
Don't know why you're so mad.
They just launched a new satellite for HD a ccouple of weeks ago. I watched (on TV) it blast off. Those 150 channels of HD should be active in September.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I think I have a right to be pissed after spending 200 bucks a month and they've sent 4 techs out two leads and the problem still exists. I guess I should be more nice and bend over further. There has got to be a point when the BS stops and accountability and service and escallation take over.

I'm Sorry.

wutamess
08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Don't care what you would, should or could do really.
:deevee: LMAO

wutamess
08-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I think I have a right to be pissed after spending 200 bucks a month and they've sent 4 techs out two leads and the problem still exists. I guess I should be more nice and bend over further. There has got to be a point when the BS stops and accountability and service and escallation take over.

I'm Sorry.

Either STFU or say what the problem is.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 09:09 PM
:deevee: LMAO
I know. Sorry I am flustered. I'll be fine. ; )

And sorry to you Skip she made it right. Hopefully tomorrow they'll correct everything.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Wrong dish. No local HD. Bad Remote. Faulty box replaced good box. Tech. came out without the Dish again today. Having to deal with six dozen Managers who don't communicate.

Wash, Rinse and repeat above three times.

Phobia
08-07-2007, 09:15 PM
They just launched a new satellite for HD a ccouple of weeks ago. I watched (on TV) it blast off. Those 150 channels of HD should be active in September.

Been hearing that for a year.

Mosbonian
08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I'll make my response short and simple....

10 years....no problems except for when I was forced to go thru a Distributor to get their service.

I have always gotten great customer service and short response time on installation whenever I have moved.

mmaddog

Rain Man
08-07-2007, 09:19 PM
To be empathetic to Simply Red, I'm thinking mean thoughts about Direct TV, but at the same time I'm incredibly distracted by trying to think of a word that starts with F and ends with C.

alanm
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
:huh:

It seems weird, DTV must be really different out here on the Left coast as I get nothing but excellent service from them. Sorry for your troubles, it must truly bite the big one for you to give up your Sunday Ticket. Hope you have better luck with cable than I did in the past.
Other than not getting the local channels and the yearly jack in price. I've been generally pleased with their service. I've only had to deal with them over the phone a few times but was taken care of promptly.

mikey23545
08-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I've always had great service from Direct TV, and love their programming.

On the other hand, I've noticed that some people have no end of trouble with any service they subscribe to.... :shrug:

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 09:24 PM
To be empathetic to Simply Red, I'm thinking mean thoughts about Direct TV, but at the same time I'm incredibly distracted by trying to think of a word that starts with F and ends with C.
heh, Yep. Trying to not bypass the filters with the obvious eff, Blank, Cee, Kay. :p A little more children-friendly <-or something.

Simply Red
08-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I've always had great service from Direct TV, and love their programming.

On the other hand, I've noticed that some people have no end of trouble with any service they subscribe to.... :shrug:

Should have just called Skip and paid for the plane tick. Smiling.

It seems to be roll O the dice with their subs. Locally our luck hasn't been the best with them.

-Oh well. I'm now calm and hoping tomorrow all will be resolved.

Frazod
08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Since I upgraded to the new dish and now get all my local channels in HD, I have no issues. I wish they'd quit dicking around with expanding the HD selection, though. I keep hearing fall of '07, which is right around the corner. An actual date (and actually sticking to it) would be nice.

But regardless of anything good they do in the future, I'll never forget all the bullshit I endured when I first switched to HD. The sheer ignorance and apathy of the numerous customer service apes I talked to was simply inexcusable. I remain little more than a hostage to Sunday Ticket.

Skip Towne
08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah, but I promise it this time. I now have full control over it.

cdcox
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Fantastic 'em.

wutamess
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Rain Man
08-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Fantastic 'em.

Thanks. That was really bugging me.

Ultra Peanut
08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
It's actually DirecTV rather than Dirhttp://imgred.com/http://waffleimages.nwpshost.com/files/ef/ef026d4b37686041bd8fa578094c5eb6588251cf.gif

kcxiv
08-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, they need to hurry up and hook folks up. I hope they do not charge some insane amount of money for all them HD's i have the HD package, and i hope it stays the same. If they try to charge like 40 extra, i will be really pissed.

HemiEd
08-08-2007, 06:02 AM
i have direct tv with comcast cable. wuwu. i get the best of both. lol
Me too, but I am starting to think it might be a little excessive.

Blindside58
08-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Screw the date of the HD release, they have said it will be in the fall, which the last time I checked is still a month away. I want to know specifically what channels are going HD.... I know they said they have the capacity for 150 more channels, but I bet there are only 30 or so cahnnels going HD.

wutamess
08-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Screw the date of the HD release, they have said it will be in the fall, which the last time I checked is still a month away. I want to know specifically what channels are going HD.... I know they said they have the capacity for 150 more channels, but I bet there are only 30 or so cahnnels going HD.

We've been told "the fall" for the last 4 years.

morphius
08-08-2007, 07:28 AM
I doubt it will even be 30, that 150 capacity is such a damn marketing scheme that they should almost hang their heads in shame. They will be the exact same ones people already get on cable, because those are all the HD channels that are out there.

morphius
08-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Here is the HD channels available to me from the service I use, I'm interested if DTV has anything that is missing here:

1. HBO East
2. HBO West
3. Cinemax East
4. Cinemax West
5. Starz
6. Showtime
7. TMC
8. A&E
9. ABC
10. CBS
11. Discovery Theater
12. ESPN
13. ESPN2
14. Food
15. FSN Midwest
16. FSN North
17. FSN Southwest
18. FSN West
19. FOX
20. HDNET
21. HDNET Movies
22. HGTV
23. Music High Definition (MHD)
24. National Geographic
25. NBC
26. NESN (might be foreign language)
27. NFL Netword
28. TNT
29. Universal
30. Wealth
31. YES

*edit, I noticed some where missing from some other sites channel listing, so I updated it with the official list

Blindside58
08-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Actually, That list is much longer than DTV's. DTV currently only has about 9 or 10 channels other than your local stations. HBO,Showtime, ESPN,ESPN2,Discovery,HDNET,HDNET MOVIES, TNT, Universal and maybe 1 other.

Deberg_1990
08-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Actually, That list is much longer than DTV's. DTV currently only has about 9 or 10 channels other than your local stations. HBO,Showtime, ESPN,ESPN2,Discovery,HDNET,HDNET MOVIES, TNT, Universal and maybe 1 other.

Dish Network currently offers the most HD. They carry some channels like "Monster Channel" and "Kung Fu" channel that they picked up from VOOM when they merged with them.

Skip Towne
08-08-2007, 09:18 AM
If you really want to see the rollout schedule go to DBSTalk.com and see the thread started by me.

Simply Red
08-08-2007, 09:34 AM
The tech. just left. All that was supposed to be done today, was done. The tech broke one of our landscaping lights w/ his latter. He rushed to his van to cut my wife a check. She said hell no. "You're not paying for that out of your pocket. Accidents happen." So DTV will fax a claim form to get that covered.

They still have to bring two more updated boxes and we'll be good. Finally. : )

Thank god I was able to keep the NFL ticket.

htismaqe
08-08-2007, 09:36 AM
I had DirecTV for almost 10 years. Had cable off and on for a similar amount of time.

Have Dish Network now.

I've had the cable company tell me that they can't fix a problem before.

But only DirecTV has had the gall to tell me that if I don't like the fact that they can't figure out what my problem is, I can go find a new provider.

Simply Red
08-08-2007, 09:38 AM
It's actually DirecTV rather than Dirhttp://imgred.com/http://waffleimages.nwpshost.com/files/ef/ef026d4b37686041bd8fa578094c5eb6588251cf.gif
There ya go with your secret language accompanied with some cyber-science. :p

Simply Red
08-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I had DirecTV for almost 10 years. Had cable off and on for a similar amount of time.

Have Dish Network now.

I've had the cable company tell me that they can't fix a problem before.

But only DirecTV has had the gall to tell me that if I don't like the fact that they can't figure out what my problem is, I can go find a new provider.
:eek: Told me that (not positioned like that) last night. <- in so many words.

Simply Red
08-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Where do you watch Chiefs?

htismaqe
08-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Fortunately, Des Moines is considered a local market for KC, so I get more than half the games on the local CBS affiliate. Add in ESPN, ABC, and NFL Network (which I have on Dish) and I think I had to listen to the radio on 2 games last year.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Time to get another pirate system. They are becoming popular again around here.

Nzoner
08-08-2007, 10:03 AM

And that right there is a sign of a company getting way to big,that sucks.

I called them awhile back to get all 8 receivers updated plus add a new one in the mrs' Nasacar room and used the good customer card.It took having to talk to a supervisor but I was able to get it done.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 10:10 AM
And that right there is a sign of a company getting way to big,that sucks.

I called them awhile back to get all 8 receivers updated plus add a new one in the mrs' Nasacar room and used the good customer card.It took having to talk to a supervisor but I was able to get it done.

The only thing these guys have is NFL season ticket. I will move soon and am seriously considering a change myself. Their customer service boarderlines on criminal. Reminds me of Verizon a few years back. Now they are trying like hell to get new customers when all they had to do back in the day was take care of the ones they have.

Frazod
08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
The only thing these guys have is NFL season ticket. I will move soon and am seriously considering a change myself. Their customer service boarderlines on criminal. Reminds me of Verizon a few years back. Now they are trying like hell to get new customers when all they had to do back in the day was take care of the ones they have.

Verizon definitely sets the bar for bad customer service. Still waiting on that return call from the Can-You-Hear-Me-Now guy within 24 hours - since June of 2001. 4321

htismaqe
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM

Have you dealt with Verizon lately? Customer service has actually improved quite a bit. I'd like to think it's because they bought us and we are a superior customer service organization. :D

Eleazar
08-08-2007, 10:46 AM
This reminds me of the Sprint thread.

Bottom line, some people cost a company money to do business with. It's smart of them to fire those customers. Unprofitable customers can chew up all the profit they make from the profitable ones.

morphius
08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
After looking at the websites, Dish seems to have the most HD channels, and by far the most variety. DTV has every FSN zone (13) which pump up its numbers a lot, but since most games get blacked out not of much use, and another 4 regional sports channels.

htismaqe
08-08-2007, 11:23 AM
This reminds me of the Sprint thread.

Bottom line, some people cost a company money to do business with. It's smart of them to fire those customers. Unprofitable customers can chew up all the profit they make from the profitable ones.

I can understand Sprint's position. When one customer makes over 1000 support calls, it's excessive.

It doesn't explain DirecTV's response to me, especially when I had called FOUR times in TEN YEARS.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Have you dealt with Verizon lately? Customer service has actually improved quite a bit. I'd like to think it's because they bought us and we are a superior customer service organization. :D

They lost me back in the day. I am with Cingular/ATT now.

Simply Red
08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
They lost me back in the day. I am with Cingular/ATT now.
Me too.

htismaqe
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Interesting. I have two friends that left here (MCI) and went to Cingular when Verizon bought us. Shortly thereafter, AT&T/SBC finished their buyout of BellSouth's share of Cingular. They said AT&T is the worst company to work for...

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Interesting. I have two friends that left here (MCI) and went to Cingular when Verizon bought us. Shortly thereafter, AT&T/SBC finished their buyout of BellSouth's share of Cingular. They said AT&T is the worst company to work for...

I was a Cingular customer. We will see what happens now. Verizon's customer service back in the day was as bad as any I have ever seen by any company.

htismaqe
08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I was a Cingular customer. We will see what happens now. Verizon's customer service back in the day was as bad as any I have ever seen by any company.

Yeah, they've made a big committment (ie. $$$$) to improve the situation. Wireless is generally rated either 1st or 2nd in independent studies on customer service. They're definitely the most profitable part of Verizon.

BIG_DADDY
08-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah, they've made a big committment (ie. $$$$) to improve the situation. Wireless is generally rated either 1st or 2nd in independent studies on customer service. They're definitely the most profitable part of Verizon.

They created a lot of enemies back in the day though. This is the exact same road I see Direct TV going down.