PDA

View Full Version : Holmes... no lifting or running for 22 months?

R&GHomer
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
This may have been brought up already, dunno; don’t feel like doing a search at the moment. I was watching the latest “camping with the chiefs” and they showed that interview with him talking about how he hasn’t lifted or ran over the last 22 months. I don’t believe the shit for a minute.

I’ve read all the different speculation regarding his comeback and I’m starting to think he actually thinks he’s got something left and new with the hold out of LJ he had a shot at making the come back and in a very big way. Why would he do it to simply be on HBO, or money? Hell; didn’t they say he’d only “cough” “cough” make a base salary of 800K or something to that effect?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s in it for anyone but himself, and I’m fine with that. But I just don’t get what his motivation would be if he didn’t think he could do it. I just wished he’d shout up and get down to proving it. This could be a very exciting year fellow Chiefs fans!

ROYC75
08-08-2007, 05:31 PM
This could be a very exciting year fellow Chiefs fans!

Been thinking this since 1990 ............

Eleazar
08-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I believe him when he says something. That's why I expect he'll end up PUP until midseason, or a while down the road once he's had a chance to get back in shape.

But your points about his salary aren't really valid, if he is clear to play and doesn't report, the Chiefs could try to recover part of his bonus.

Either he really thinks he can help us and really wants to win a championship, or he wants to make sure the Chiefs don't come after his money, or both. Probably both.

dshyne101
08-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Priest Holmes talkin bout he will take LJ's Job. now i was a priest fan but i been wit LJ since Penn State but priest just need 2 sit down and let it go cuz even was he was good he still aint no LJ.

HonestChieffan
08-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Ds...

How about posting that in English?

Eleazar
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Ds...

How about posting that in English?

Be nice, he might be ESL.

pr_capone
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
LMAO

kcxiv
08-08-2007, 06:38 PM
I wont doubt Priest, if he thinks he can do it, then i will give him a chance. If you don't go into any training camp thinking you don't have a shot to be the starter, your in the wrong business. Even if your not going to start, at least think like one, becuase it just takes 1 play for you to be a starter.

HemiEd
08-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Priest Holmes talkin bout he will take LJ's Job. now i was a priest fan but i been wit LJ since Penn State but priest just need 2 sit down and let it go cuz even was he was good he still aint no LJ.

kcnut, is that you?

Reerun_KC
08-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Wouldnt it be nice just for once we could have a GM, Coach and team focused on the season, playoffs and a "hell freezing" over superbowl appearance..

Carl's training camps are more amusing than a 3 ringed circus...

Just once can the Chiefs be an organization working and striving to get better in camp. This is getting laughable, everytime I log on to the Chiefsplanet, people are whining about some "he said, she said bullsh*t" in training camp.

I guess Club ED is in full swing in River Falls....

the Talking Can
08-08-2007, 07:07 PM

or, given the numbers in his name, WPI....

morphius
08-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Wouldnt it be nice just for once we could have a GM, Coach and team focused on the season, playoffs and a "hell freezing" over superbowl appearance..

Carl's training camps are more amusing than a 3 ringed circus...

Just once can the Chiefs be an organization working and striving to get better in camp. This is getting laughable, everytime I log on to the Chiefsplanet, people are whining about some "he said, she said bullsh*t" in training camp.

I guess Club ED is in full swing in River Falls....
Why not just create a file on your computer that just says, "I blame Carl" and just copy and paste that every damn time. Not that my posts are not worthless, but damn you come off like a broken tool record.

KcMizzou
08-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Why not just create a file on your computer that just says, "I blame Carl" and just copy and paste that every damn time. Not that my posts are not worthless, but damn you come off like a broken tool record."Reerun"... it's not just an internet handle.

Reerun_KC
08-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Why not just create a file on your computer that just says, "I blame Carl" and just copy and paste that every damn time. Not that my posts are not worthless, but damn you come off like a broken tool record.

At least I am different than 99% of everyone bitch whining about Sammie Parker?

I guess I would rather blame the person "in charge" than some second string WR that really isnt that good anyway...

morphius
08-08-2007, 07:29 PM
At least I am different than 99% of everyone bitch whining about Sammie Parker?

I guess I would rather blame the person "in charge" than some second string WR that really isnt that good anyway...
I'd hate to bring a unique perspective to your life, but it is possible you could join the crowd and BLAME BOTH OF THEM!!!

morphius
08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
ROFL... Got it from your mom!
She thought you looked like this guy?

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060713/14235__rerun_l.jpg

Reerun_KC
08-08-2007, 07:31 PM
I'd hate to bring a unique perspective to your life, but it is possible you could join the crowd and BLAME BOTH OF THEM!!!

LOL! I am not big on blaming the players... Heck they are here for only a short time anyway, some produce, some dont...

Most players dont stay 18 years with the same team... When they stop producing they are cut or they move on...

Just being an attention whore tonight...

Reerun_KC
08-08-2007, 07:32 PM
She thought you looked like this guy?

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060713/14235__rerun_l.jpg

Dude, I'm not black... Dont be a racist... LMAO

KcMizzou
08-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Dude, I'm not black... Dont be a racist... LMAOHeh, I actually got a good laugh out of that "I got it from your mom!" comment.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-08-2007, 07:36 PM
all you guys can dog priest all you want but he is the smartest RB on the team. That how he succeed. Because he never was the fastest or most powerful runner, but he was the smartest and that is what made him so good. Sometimes i wish LJ has his intelligence.

Reerun_KC
08-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Heh, I actually got a good laugh out of that "I got it from your mom!" comment.

Well I tried to delete it, You are pretty cool and normally dont dog on peoples mom like that...

KcMizzou
08-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Well I tried to delete it, You are pretty cool and normally dont dog on peoples mom like that...I'm not one to take things personally. It's all good.

Your name still fits you, though. :p

morphius
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
LOL! I am not big on blaming the players... Heck they are here for only a short time anyway, some produce, some dont...

Most players dont stay 18 years with the same team... When they stop producing they are cut or they move on...

Just being an attention whore tonight...
Well, then maybe you should stop blaming Carl and start blaming the Hunts for keeping him around. It is not Carl's fault that they have kept him around for 18 years.

Reerun_KC
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm not one to take things personally. It's all good.

Your name still fits you, though. :p

You think? I earned that nickname when I was like 1 or 2? I have no idea how, but now I am 34 and I still live with it each day. So I started to embrace it many years ago..

What is sad, I am the oldest of all the grandchildern by 4 months. My youngest uncle is 6 years older than me. He has kids that are 5 years old now.. They even call me Reerun. WTF? I call up to KC to chat with him ( we are like brothers ) and my youngest cousin answers the phone then yells as loud as she can "Dad its Reerun on the phone"...

We have a very big family and everyone calls me Reerun so it has just stuck and I am sure it will be on my tombstone when it is all said and done.

Heck I might even put a picture of Carl on my tombstone as well? ROFL

Reerun_KC
08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Well, then maybe you should stop blaming Carl and start blaming the Hunts for keeping him around. It is not Carl's fault that they have kept him around for 18 years.

My uncles and I had this discussion last night... I seriously thought Clark Hunt would of canned his ass when Lamar passed...

Well gents, time for me to jet... Wife and I have such crazy schedules, we are both home tonight so I am going to spend some quality time with the better half.

Enjoyed!

KcMizzou
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
You think? I earned that nickname when I was like 1 or 2? I have no idea how, but now I am 34 and I still live with it each day. So I started to embrace it many years ago..

What is sad, I am the oldest of all the grandchildern by 4 months. My youngest uncle is 6 years older than me. He has kids that are 5 years old now.. They even call me Reerun. WTF? I call up to KC to chat with him ( we are like brothers ) and my youngest cousin answers the phone then yells as loud as she can "Dad its Reerun on the phone"...

We have a very big family and everyone calls me Reerun so it has just stuck and I am sure it will be on my tombstone when it is all said and done.

Heck I might even put a picture of Carl on my tombstone as well? ROFLWow, that's cool.

How'd they know you'd grow up to post the same thing 6086 times on an internet message board?

:D

B_Ambuehl
08-08-2007, 09:14 PM
But your points about his salary aren't really valid, if he is clear to play and doesn't report, the Chiefs could try to recover part of his bonus.

I think that is the main reason he's playing. He no longer could sit around and pick up a paycheck. He was cleared to play and he either plays or loses this years salary in addition to risking having to pay back part of his bonus.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Wow, that's cool.

How'd they know you'd grow up to post the same thing 6086 times on an internet message board?

:D

ROFL....

morphius
08-09-2007, 08:30 AM
I think that is the main reason he's playing. He no longer could sit around and pick up a paycheck. He was cleared to play and he either plays or loses this years salary in addition to risking having to pay back part of his bonus.
That is where I'm leaning on the subject, it has nothing to do with HBO or getting the spotlight, he just doesn't want to give back money. I only feel this way because Priest has never done anything half ass, and not working out before the season is most definitely that.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
That is where I'm leaning on the subject, it has nothing to do with HBO or getting the spotlight, he just doesn't want to give back money. I only feel this way because Priest has never done anything half ass, and not working out before the season is most definitely that.

Just seems more like a circus this year than training camp. Really what encouraging news has come out of there in the last 3-4 days, but a bunch of whining about Priest?

morphius
08-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Just seems more like a circus this year than training camp. Really what encouraging news has come out of there in the last 3-4 days, but a bunch of whining about Priest?
Page and Hali making plays is pretty cool.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2007, 08:38 AM
very, I just read GoChiefs little blurb about it, Was a pretty good read.

Chiefnj2
08-09-2007, 08:40 AM

Priest must have given back money at some point. I doubt his original contract extension called for a base salary that is close to vet minimum as it is right now.

morphius
08-09-2007, 08:41 AM
very, I just read GoChiefs little blurb about it, Was a pretty good read.
The battle at QB has been an interesting story. Jarred playing like a man possessed even when he is angry at upper management. Donnie Edwards being happy to be back where he wanted to finish his career.

Maybe you just are focusing too much on the negative.

morphius
08-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Priest must have given back money at some point. I doubt his original contract extension called for a base salary that is close to vet minimum as it is right now.
Most players like to have their base near the minimum, means they got more money up front.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-09-2007, 10:14 AM
If he was told not to weigh lift or even run. That should give you a clue as how much to hate cheapshot roidboy. Priest re-did his contract. Now we know why Priest shyed away from interviews.... DJ gives a bad interview also