PDA

View Full Version : Colo. Priest Accused of Jogging Naked.......

Kylo Ren
08-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Colo. priest charged for jogging naked

The Associated Press
Article Last Updated: 08/08/2007 02:54:57 PM MDT

FREDERICK, Colo.—A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after police said he went jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise. The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said. He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report. Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Longmont Times-Call that Whipkey had no comment. Whipkey, 53, was arrested June 22 in this small town about 20 miles north of Denver. An officer said he saw a naked man walking down the street at 4:35 a.m. The U.S. Naval Observatory Web site said sunrise that day in Frederick was 5:31 a.m. The officer said when he shined his flashlight at the man, he covered himself with a piece of clothing he was carrying. The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey, who also officiates at parishes in the nearby towns of Mead and Erie, remains an active priest. If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_6572728

Rain Man
08-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Naked priest. High school track. That seems like it was a bad idea.

Actually, running naked also seems like a bad idea. Too much stuff bouncing and hitting each other.

doomy3
08-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Doesn't matter,he still has the starting RB position locked up for us.

kepp
08-09-2007, 09:21 AM
The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day
I'm thinking that may be the exact opposite of what he was hoping.

Jenson71
08-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Obviously, this priest showed a complete lack of judgement. But I wonder what's more out of line - jogging naked in the dark, or having to be known and registering as a sex offender your whole life because of it? I'm sure if the cop had said, "Dude, put some clothes on. That's against the law no matter how dark it is." the priest would have done so. And now he might be a sex offender for life.

Phobia
08-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Obviously, this priest showed a complete lack of judgement. But I wonder what's more out of line - jogging naked in the dark, or having to be known and registering as a sex offender your whole life because of it? I'm sure if the cop had said, "Dude, put some clothes on. That's against the law no matter how dark it is." the priest would have done so. And now he might be a sex offender for life.

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Indecent exposure could be as simple as peeing outside. Nobody should have to register for that garbage.

Also ridiculous is how Guntherfan keeps changing the title of this thread after a mod fixes it to be less misleading.

crazycoffey
08-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I've ran naked on the treadmill in my basement before, just to be able to say I did it.

morphius
08-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah, that's ridiculous. Indecent exposure could be as simple as peeing outside. Nobody should have to register for that garbage.

Also ridiculous is how Guntherfan keeps changing the title of this thread after a mod fixes it to be less misleading.
Yup, dumbass just wants me to ban his ass apparently.

EyePod
08-09-2007, 09:40 AM
hahaha, I thought it was Priest Holmes when I first read this... :)

morphius
08-09-2007, 09:42 AM

Yup, wasn't that you who attempted to chase down some thieves naked? You could be a sex offender.

Phobia
08-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Yup, wasn't that you who attempted to chase down some thieves naked? You could be a sex offender.
I've also been known to streak.

But if I were required to register as a sex offender I'd do so with pride. I probably deserve it.

Simply Red
08-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Sounds like a much needed session in the confession booth is in order.

StcChief
08-09-2007, 10:01 AM

I guess walking the dog in the woods and peeing there is out....NOT.

Redrum_69
08-09-2007, 10:17 AM

PHOBIA IS A SEX OFFENDER>?!?!?!

morphius
08-09-2007, 10:18 AM
PHOBIA IS A SEX OFFENDER>?!?!?!
Ahhh, I see there was more then some pond fishing going on at your place.

Jilly
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
I've ran naked on the treadmill in my basement before, just to be able to say I did it.

So I feel like for men that would almost as uncomfortable as running without a sports bra for women?

On this topic though...why is it that people are so dumb? I could understand swimming naked, but running, at a high school track?

Priest4Prez
08-09-2007, 10:29 AM
What's wrong with a little late-nite streaking?

morphius
08-09-2007, 10:31 AM
So I feel like for men that would almost as uncomfortable as running without a sports bra for women?

On this topic though...why is it that people are so dumb? I could understand swimming naked, but running, at a high school track?
LOL! Actually in HS I once did a really heavy chest workout that had my pecks hurting pretty bad. Then next day we had to run stairs, and damn did the bouncing hurt.

(they were pecks and not man boobs, I swear)

Jilly
08-09-2007, 10:34 AM
LOL! Actually in HS I once did a really heavy chest workout that had my pecks hurting pretty bad. Then next day we had to run stairs, and damn did the bouncing hurt.

(they were pecks and not man boobs, I swear)

yeah, i wear two sports bras for that reason alone. It can be brutal.

morphius
08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
yeah, i wear two sports bras for that reason alone. It can be brutal.
Well, that sure could take all the fun out of watching.

bad morphius

crazycoffey
08-09-2007, 10:40 AM

I'm going to make a guess and say that my balls aren't as big as your boobs, so although it's similar in many principles it's not painful and actually kinda funny.

My wife did the sneak up on me and took a picture, no I didn't keep it and it will not be posted, don't worry.

BucEyedPea
08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
He should have at least, walked to the track in his clothes instead of on the street. Don't think it warrants having to register as a seex-offender though. It was just indecent exposure. But if it were a nun in a thong, I guess that would be okay. :p

Priest4Prez
bad morphius
ROFL :)

KcMizzou
My wife did the sneak up on me and took a picture, no I didn't keep it and it will not be posted, don't worry.

Oh, the huge manatee!

(I kid, I kid)

Fish
08-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I read the title as "Cool. Priest Accused of Jogging Naked......."

I was wrong... but Gunther_Fan is still ghey....

Priest4Prez
08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
that is how i read it too