PDA

View Full Version : JaMarcus Russell changing agents?

ct
08-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Apologies if I have nothing to add, this is a yesterday's news, but a search came up empty. Nobody bring this up?

From Rotoworld...

JaMarcus Russell-QB- Raiders Aug. 9 - 8:56 am et

JaMarcus Russell is reportedly changing agents.

Profootballtalk originally had this story, but the Oakland Tribune's Jerry McDonald has virtually confirmed it. Russell was in Atlanta last week with a member of the agency he's currently represented by, Melvin Bratton. Bratton is reportedly leaving the agency. This could further delay contract talks.

Source: Oakland Tribune (http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2007/08/08/training-camp-day-13-pm/)

Clipped section from the Tribune article...

– Although Kiffin has said quarterback JaMarcus Russell is home in Mobile, Ala., awaiting for his deal to be done, word is he has been seen in and around the Atlanta area last week at a recent function with Melvin Bratton, the man who recruited him to Metz, Lock and Malinovic.

Bratton, the source said, was telling people he was leaving the firm and would take Russell with him. (This would confirm a story reported earlier this week by Profootballtalk.com).

Bratton was said to be doing the talking, not Russell. If true, Bratton could be setting himself up for legal action if he is attempting to poach a client already under contract. It also would complicate getting a deal done with the Raiders, since Metz's company would have to be compensated for the time they put in.

Keep in mind Russell has said nothing publicly on the subject and may not be considering changing agents, no matter what Bratton or anyone else says. But it would serve Russell well to clear up any misconceptions regarding his representation either through a statement or a brief meeting with the press outlet of his choice.

Better yet, fly with his representation to the Bay Area, meet with Marc Badain and Co. and even request a sit-down with Al Davis to put the ball squarely in the Raiders' court.

noa
08-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Good. Screw that agency.

chagrin
08-09-2007, 02:09 PM
serious question - does anyone care about this?

HemiEd
08-09-2007, 02:13 PM

Oh hell yes I do. It is going about as smoothly as I hoped it would. :D

ct
08-09-2007, 02:13 PM

Why wouldn't you? Screws up the Raiders, screws up Russell, and screws up Ethan Locke's agency. And, one less headline about Priest.

the Talking Can
08-09-2007, 02:14 PM

serious question - are you serious?

chagrin
08-09-2007, 02:16 PM
serious question - are you serious?

EDIT, see below

chagrin
08-09-2007, 02:17 PM
And, one less headline about Priest.

I retract my original statement, lol! Excellent point, good sir

Priest4Prez
08-09-2007, 02:23 PM
not really