PDA

View Full Version : Herm quote from Medlock story...

InChiefsHeaven
08-10-2007, 10:21 AM
“We’re going to throw a lot of touchdowns this year,” Edwards said. “We’re not even going to need to kick field goals.”

See, there you go. We're going to be a throwing team this year. Herm said so.

:spock:

Mr. Plow
08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
That's a relief. I thought we were only going to run the ball.....

pikesome
08-10-2007, 10:24 AM
See, there you go. We're going to be a throwing team this year. Herm said so.

I like Herm and I still call BS.

Fire Me Boy!
08-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I heard that interview. It was pretty obviously tongue in cheek.

JohninGpt
08-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Did Herm continue with..."but seriously folks..."

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 10:33 AM
When Herm says something that pisses people off, he's an idiot.

When he says something that people actually like, he must be liar.

pikesome
08-10-2007, 10:35 AM

You've been here a while, right? :)

JohninGpt
08-10-2007, 10:37 AM

Didn't hear the interview, so I wouldn't call him a liar, but I'm surprised he would say somthing like this though. I thought he was pretty damn dedicated to "three yard and a cloud of dust".

Fire Me Boy!
08-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM

When has he actually said anything people like? People have been making fun of him and his pathetic BS for years...

This is nothing new, the NY media shredded this assclown more than once.

No freaking way we have more Passing TD's than FG's this year... I would bet you 20$ on it Parker...

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 10:44 AM
I realize that it's tongue in cheek, but the reactions were the same nonetheless.

When Herm says something about wanting to keep the game close, he's a forward pass-hating moron.

But when he says they want to score touchdowns instead of FG's, he's a liar.

It's pretty obvious what the issue is.

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
When has he actually said anything people like? People have been making fun of him and his pathetic BS for years...

This is nothing new, the NY media shredded this assclown more than once.

No freaking way we have more Passing TD's than FG's this year... I would bet you 20$ on it Parker...

Did you even read the thread starter?

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 10:45 AM
By the way, thanks for showing up right on cue and proving me right.

HemiEd
08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Pure smoke.

Skip Towne
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
When you throw the ball, three things can happen and two of them are bad.

PastorMikH
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Of course we are going to be a passing team. LJ isn't in camp. Once LJ gets into camp we'll be a running team again.

:)

Fish
08-10-2007, 10:51 AM
People have provided pleny of run/pass stats comparing Herm's offense to DV/Saunders's.

And yet the idiots still hammer on him for a comment made in jest....

:shake:

Planetman
08-10-2007, 12:08 PM
It's also out of context. Herm was replying to a question regarding the accuracy of his kicker.

InChiefsHeaven
08-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I personally think we will be a pretty effective throwing team, just not dropping the long bomb very much. TG will have a banner year, with this offense. EK is a great possession reciever, and who knows what Bowe will be. Bennett catches well out of the backfield and if Priest does come back, he'll be catching a lot of balls as well. A lot of 3 step drops will be the order of the day in the passing game. That's a safe way to take pressure off of LJ. When we're in the redzone, I can see us scoring quite a few passing TD's this year...5 yards at a time. That's good ball control too. I'll take it...:shrug:

kcxiv
08-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Didn't hear the interview, so I wouldn't call him a liar, but I'm surprised he would say somthing like this though. I thought he was pretty damn dedicated to "three yard and a cloud of dust".
If he ever wants to win a superbowl, he's going to have to kinda change his offensive ways a little bit. Cowher learned.

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 12:47 PM
If he ever wants to win a superbowl, he's going to have to kinda change his offensive ways a little bit. Cowher learned.

It took Cowher a decade. Let's give Herm more than 1 year.

greg63
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
See, there you go. We're going to be throwing the team's chances this year. Herm said so.

FYP. :D

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 01:00 PM
When you throw the ball, three things can happen and two of them are bad.

When you run the ball, three things can happen and two of them are bad.

1. You can get stopped behind the line of scrimmage failing to gain positive yards.

2. You can fumble the exchange or fumble the ball trying to advance.

3. You gain positive yards on the carry.

What moronic logic about the pass when the run sets up just as many possiblities as the pass...

But to be expected....

StcChief
08-10-2007, 01:00 PM
they brought in Medlock to win the 6-3 games.

greg63
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Agreed; I may not always like his coaching style, but who the heck am I?

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 01:03 PM
By the way, thanks for showing up right on cue and proving me right.

anything for you, Parker....

Tell you the truth, I refuse to watch him on TV or listen to his press conferences...

htismaqe
08-10-2007, 01:08 PM

Tell you the truth, I refuse to watch him on TV or listen to his press conferences...

That's probably best, for your blood pressure's sake. :D

noa
08-10-2007, 01:09 PM

Look, I understand having a low opinion of him. He didn't adapt last year in the playoffs. He's always had trouble with clock-management. I'm sure the list is much longer in your mind.
But he's not the worst coach in the world. I think players like him, and I think they want to play hard for him. If you watch Hard Knocks, you hear a great story about why Kyle Turley wanted to play for Herm.
He might not be your cup of tea, but I think you completely over-exaggerate how bad he is (your sig line quote is one example) so people just get tired of hearing the same stuff over and over.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Look, I understand having a low opinion of him. He didn't adapt last year in the playoffs. He's always had trouble with clock-management. I'm sure the list is much longer in your mind.
But he's not the worst coach in the world. I think players like him, and I think they want to play hard for him. If you watch Hard Knocks, you hear a great story about why Kyle Turley wanted to play for Herm.
He might not be your cup of tea, but I think you completely over-exaggerate how bad he is (your sig line quote is one example) so people just get tired of hearing the same stuff over and over.

That is all this message board is...

People complaining about something.. I choose to complain about Herm. Many chose to complain about a coach that even isnt coaching anymore in DV...

People are whining like 3 year olds about Sammie Parker and his drops or first down excitement celebration... People are complaining about Priest and what kind of chips and queso he is eating...

Some worship Herm, some hate Carl, while others worship him here...

This board as a whole can be like a broken record... But through all of that, it is still the best place to come and get Chiefs info...

I will always choose to not like Herm and will never give him a fair shake as the coach of my favorite football team...

I do like his drafts though and talent evaluation... But he is and always will be a sorry excuse for an NFL head coach.....

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 01:29 PM
That's probably best, for your blood pressure's sake. :D

You got that right... I am to young to have blood pressure issues....

Thanks for the concern...

:D

The Bad Guy
08-10-2007, 01:44 PM

It's sad that a grown man has the mentality of a 2-year old.

Oh, BTW, the NY media shreds everyone. Are you new to this country or just this F'N stupid?

Baby Lee
08-10-2007, 02:00 PM
What moronic logic about the pass when the run sets up just as many possiblities as the pass...
Moronic failure to recognize the famous words of UT coach Darrell Royal .

Silock
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. When the Steelers last won the SB, they ran the ball far more times than anyone else in the league. They also had the fewest number of pass attempts. Aside from the trick-plays they ran, they did a WHOLE lot of run-run-pass and relied on the defense to help them win games.

noa
08-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh, BTW, the NY media shreds everyone. Are you new to this country or just this F'N stupid?

Good point. They wanted to run ARod out of town last season and look how wrong they were.

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 02:44 PM
It's sad that a grown man has the mentality of a 2-year old.

Why did I take you off ignore? You very rarely offer anything to any thread, unless you are trying to cut someone down... Which your attempts are usually pretty weak anyway...

Close the door on your trailer, the heat is getting to you....

Skip Towne
08-10-2007, 02:50 PM
When you run the ball, three things can happen and two of them are bad.

1. You can get stopped behind the line of scrimmage failing to gain positive yards.

2. You can fumble the exchange or fumble the ball trying to advance.

3. You gain positive yards on the carry.

But to be expected....
That is a quote from Woody Hayes you moron.

Baby Lee
08-10-2007, 02:55 PM
It's a quote incorrectly attributed to Woody Hayes, you moron. (http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/three_things_can_happen_when_you_throw_the_football_and_two_of_them_are_bad/) :p

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 02:58 PM

LMAO

Skippy... It is quite alright. Just making a parody.. Relax, before you have to change your depends....

Skip Towne
08-10-2007, 03:01 PM
It's a quote incorrectly attributed to Woody Hayes, you moron. (http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/three_things_can_happen_when_you_throw_the_football_and_two_of_them_are_bad/) :p
You're the only one that knows it. Everybody else thinks Woody Hayes said it.

HemiEd
08-10-2007, 03:10 PM
You're the only one that knows it. Everybody else thinks Woody Hayes said it.

Woody was good at helping his team make tackles though.

Baby Lee
08-10-2007, 03:10 PM
LMAO

Skippy... It is quite alright. Just making a parody.. Relax, before you have to change your depends....
I think it's WHEN one relaxes that. . . NM.

kcxiv
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
well, Herm has been coaching for more then a year. I think its about time he learned. Hopefully sooner then Cohwer did. Cohwer also went to another superbowl playing his Martyball. He may not have won it in 1995 i think, but he was still there. I will take a getting there this year. lol

Reerun_KC
08-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I think it's WHEN one relaxes that. . . NM.

LMAO Maybe we should keep Skippy uptight, then we will know he is full of shit..

I know I am full of it... But it is like trolling, people are so willing to take the bait here.. Quite humorious...