PDA

View Full Version : Oh Colonel Sanders, You must be spinning...

Gonzo
08-11-2007, 12:29 PM
in your grave. Your "Original Recipe" chicken barley passes for edible anymore. I stopped by one of your resturants and bought a bucket yesterday and alas, what do I find? A greasy, sub-standard attempt at what used to be the best chicken in the world.
The wife tells me that I should have bought the extra-crispy but the last time we did, I could have sworn it was breaded with ready-mix cement and baked at 900 degrees for 9 hours.
I remember when I was groing up, your chicken was a treat my family would buy once in a great while. Now I doubt I will ever consume it again. When I awoke this morning, my stomache felt as though I had ingested a gallon of canola oil. I feel as though my toilet will ever be the same. I abused the porcelain to such an extent today that I don't know if I can ever forgive myself.
Well Colonel Sanders, at least your biscuits are still top-notch, (even though they are half the size I remember).

Anyone ever try Popeye's?

RedDread
08-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Popeye's is the best national chain IMO. They're sides are also much better than anything KFC offers.

Demonpenz
08-11-2007, 12:33 PM
kfc is expensive. I don't mind wal marts chicken it is pretty cheap, but you have to deal with wal mart people

FAX
08-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Throw some cheese on it and sue them for 2 million dollars, Mr. Gonzo.

FAX

el borracho
08-11-2007, 12:38 PM
KFC has always been garbage- you are mis-remembering if you think they were ever any good at all.

milkman
08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
KFC has always been garbage- you are mis-remembering if you think they were ever any good at all.

While I would never suggest any are good, I've found that there are those that are still edible.

Still growing up, I never ate at KFC.

Foe's in Leavenworth was the place for good chicken.

And Popeye's sucks ass.

Bob Dole
08-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Popeye's is the best national chain IMO. They're sides are also much better than anything KFC offers.

A large red beans and rice makes for a delicious meal.

JBucc
08-11-2007, 12:59 PM
KFC used to be good because the Colonel himself used to go to every restaurant and make sure they made it right. Then he died so he couldn't do that anymore. That's what the History Channel said anyway. Popeyes is definately my favorite. Plus they have shrimp too! Anyone been to a Church's?

Bowser
08-11-2007, 01:03 PM
KFC used to be good because the Colonel himself used to go to every restaurant and make sure they made it right. Then he died so he couldn't do that anymore.

Well hell yeah he died! You can't eat that much fried chicken in a lifetime and not die!

I used to love KFC's potato wedges. Good shit. But now, I think Popeye's has surpassed KFC in quality. Hell, around here, Church's has just about surpassed KFC in quality......

KcMizzou
08-11-2007, 01:09 PM
A large red beans and rice makes for a delicious meal.Totally agree. That stuff is awesome.

ChiefsCountry
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Popeye's has some awesome french fires.

Gonzo
08-11-2007, 01:19 PM

You grew up a communist.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Anyone been to a Church's?

One of the many food choices I miss from North Carolina. Church's chicken is the shit. They got this place out here called Ezell's. Fantastic chicken. Quite possibly the best I've ever eaten. I guess Oprah harps over their chicken too, at least that's what they say on their reader boards.

Demonpenz
08-11-2007, 01:30 PM
churches is pretty ghetto. I will eat anything fried. even squid

KC Jones
08-11-2007, 01:32 PM
I almost never eat fast food anymore, but when I did I found that the 'quality' could vary immensely from one location to another. McDonalds was about the best at having the same taste but other chains were completely unpredictable. One Arby's would be great, and another everything tasted like crap.

Bowser
08-11-2007, 01:33 PM
churches is pretty ghetto. I will eat anything fried. even squid

Heh. Ever been to Go Chicken Go?

Mi_chief_fan
08-11-2007, 01:37 PM
A large red beans and rice makes for a delicious meal.

Bob Dole's still a smart man. The gumbo & onion rings are also two of my favorites.

Demonpenz
08-11-2007, 01:41 PM

I walked in and it was more like RUN WHITEBOY RUN!

Stewie
08-11-2007, 02:52 PM
KFC? WTF? I drove by a KFC/A&W and wondered what the hell they're doing.

blueballs
08-11-2007, 03:02 PM
I have seen KFC/ and a seafood place
Long John Silvers I think

08-11-2007, 03:05 PM
KFC used to be good because the Colonel himself used to go to every restaurant and make sure they made it right. Then he died so he couldn't do that anymore. That's what the History Channel said anyway. Popeyes is definately my favorite. Plus they have shrimp too! Anyone been to a Church's?
Church's sucks. At least here in Topuka.

Bwana
08-11-2007, 03:13 PM
KFC has been in decline for the past 10 years. Last time I ate that grease sponge they try to pass off as fried yard bird, I spent the next 3 hours on the head. I wouldn't feed that crap to my dogs.

Baby Lee
08-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I have seen KFC/ and a seafood place
Long John Silvers I think
The word you're looking for, believe it or not, is Yum!! (http://www.yum.com/about/brands.asp)

A&W
KFC
LJS
PHut
TBell

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I always thought Churches was garbage. KFC isn't awful, but it isn't nearly as good as it once was.

FAX
08-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Colonel Sanders is now spending his time in the seventh circle of hell being roasted by chickens with oozing, blood-red eyes and giant claws on their funny chicken feet.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2007, 03:37 PM
There is a local chicken place near me called Whitehouse. Best chicken I've ever had...

Mr. Flopnuts
08-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I'll tell you another place that Mr. Flopnuts misses eating at. The Cookout. If you've been there, you know that just like Burger King, nothing says I love you, like flame broiled beef.

TinyEvel
08-11-2007, 03:44 PM
El Pollo Loco, folks.

Grill my chicken and give me salsa and tortillas and I'm set.

Ultra Peanut
08-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Fast food is VERY IMPORTANT to me.

Uncle_Ted
08-11-2007, 03:56 PM

Or as we used to call it in high school, "Stop Chicken Eat Me".