PDA

View Full Version : How did Croyle Look?

Otter
08-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Being lazy here by not searching thru all the threads but how did our QBoTF look?

Hammock Parties
08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Skinny.

Bowser
08-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Not bad. He's got a rocket for an arm. Of course, Samie Parker let a 40 yard bomb go right through his hands. Couple that with an INT thrown on a screen pass where the RB was plainly held to everyone but the refs, and you'll hear a ton of doom and gloom.

morphius
08-11-2007, 09:49 PM
inconsistent. Long pass to Parker was behind him, but the defender had the arm bar on him the entire way down the field.

Made one stupid pass after a nice spin move to get away from pressure, that was his INT. He did take responsibility for the INT though.

He also had a fumble where he held onto the ball to long.

All in all, he came off as very human. But hey, it was his first action with the first team.

Sanka
08-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Im going to ask this question in here just to not start another topic about the youngn's on the squad...How did Pollard and Page do?

morphius
08-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Im going to ask this question in here just to not start another topic about the youngn's on the squad...How did Pollard and Page do?
Page looked okay, Pollard was nearly invisible out there.

Sanka
08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Page looked okay, Pollard was nearly invisible out there.
Damn?!?! Where they the starting tandem at safety? I guess we need to give them a couple games to get under their wings before we can expect anything.

Bowser
08-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Pollard had a potential pick/six erased by a false start on the Browns.

morphius
08-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Ahhh, I didn't catch who that was. It was a nice read.

Yes they were the starting tandem.

TEX
08-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Being lazy here by not searching thru all the threads but how did our QBoTF look?

Like he's not ready. Morph gave an accurate account in # 4.

Otter
08-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm summarizing pretty unspectacular as mentioned, it's the his "first" game and it's preseason. Sammie Parker is not impressing me at all.

Thanks for the input gentlemen, I'm really rooting for this guy. :D

milkman
08-11-2007, 10:22 PM

You really are a ****ing moron.

TEX
08-11-2007, 10:25 PM
You really are a ****ing moron.

Then why are you talking to me you idiot? My statement was accurate. Furthermore, he looked like I thought he would and even said as much earlier today.

the Talking Can
08-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Croyle looked like he could handle it...yeah, he made a bone head play and threw and int off his back foot after escaping a sack (Svitek was a disaster)...but he seemed composed, made a couple of nice blitz dump-offs...showed a rifle arm, was accurate...

I think he can be our QB if he stays healthy. I'll be very curious to see his learning curve. If McIntosh can stabilize the LT position then Croyle can handle the pocket.

He's going to throw int's that will cost us games this year, no question. In that respect, I'm more worried about our fans (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167500) than Brodie.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Like he's not ready. Morph gave an accurate account in # 4.LMAO Shocking!

Coach
08-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Then why are you talking to me you idiot? My statement was accurate. Furthermore, he looked like I thought he would and even said as much earlier today.

He only made 2 mistakes. The holding on to the ball too long which was a fumble and nearly a turnover. The other was, while a great escape, a poor decision to throw it, where he should had flinged it out of bounds.

Of course, it didn't help Croyle's case when the WR's were dropping it/went through there hands. Parker and Hannon were very guilty of it. I know the throw to Parker was underthrown, but it was still a catchable ball.

But I'll say this. The kid can play.

milkman
08-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Then why are you talking to me you idiot?

Someone has to point out the fact that you're a ****ing moron.

My statement was accurate. Furthermore, he looked like I thought he would and even said as much earlier today.

Yeah, he made a couple of mistakes in his first game as a starter.

Never mind the fact that he also made a few good throws and showed some poise.

He looked just exactly like you said he would look.

And of course there is no hope that he learns from his mistakes and starts the necessary growth to become a good NFL QB.

Oh, wait, he's not a ****ing moron like you, so there is a chance that he learned something tonight.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2007, 10:43 PM
But I'll say this. The kid can play.[Tex]No! He sucks, and he shouldn't even be given a shot. Execute him. Oh, and I love Huard. [Hootie]

TEX
08-11-2007, 10:45 PM
[Tex]No! He sucks, and he shouldn't even be given a shot. Execute him. Oh, and I love Huard. [Hootie]

I never said that. I said IMO he is not ready yet. There's a big difference.

Coach
08-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I never said that. I said IMO he is not ready yet. There's a big difference.

Well, how can we make the QB get ready then? He sat out on the sidelines last year, learning the playbook and also to get bigger. The only way he's going to be ready is when he gets on the field.

Fat Elvis
08-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I was far more impressed with Croyle than other members on this board. This kid has "it." I was stunned by his arm. He really throws the ball quickly, and when he releases it, it seems like the ball is laser guided. I'm excited to see him develop a chemistry between himself, Bowe and Gonzo. If we can get a couple of tackles to protect him, this kid can lead us to the Superbowl in a few years.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I never said that. I said IMO he is not ready yet. There's a big difference.That is why you gotta let the kid play. We gotta see if he is legit, or if we should draft another QB.

BigMeatballDave
08-11-2007, 10:51 PM
I never said that. I said IMO he is not ready yet. There's a big difference.Dude, doesn't it excite you in the least bit, that this kid has a cannon for an arm? Seriously?

milkman
08-11-2007, 10:54 PM
That is why you gotta let the kid play. We gotta see if he is legit, or if we should draft another QB.

Isn't just amazing how almost all first time starters struggle?

I mean the great Peyton Manning threw how many ints. in his rookie season?

John Elway lined up behind the guard?

Based on Tex's posts, they should never have been starting when they got their first starts.

Cause, you know, they weren't ready.

TEX
08-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Someone has to point out the fact that you're a ****ing moron.

Yeah, he made a couple of mistakes in his first game as a starter.

Never mind the fact that he also made a few good throws and showed some poise.

He looked just exactly like you said he would look.

And of course there is no hope that he learns from his mistakes and starts the necessary growth to become a good NFL QB.

Oh, wait, he's not a ****ing moron like you, so there is a chance that he learned something tonight.

But you sir are indeed an idiot to think a moron such as myself would understand or care about anything you're saying...

milkman
08-11-2007, 11:00 PM
But you sir are indeed an idiot to think a moron such as myself would understand or care about anything you're saying...

Call me compassionate.

TEX
08-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Dude, doesn't it excite you in the least bit, that this kid has a cannon for an arm? Seriously?

Yes. I have absolutely no concerns about his arm.

Coach
08-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Yes. I have absolutely no concerns about his arm.

Then I reckon that you are concerned about his decision-making then?

TEX
08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Then I reckon that you are concerned about his decision-making then?

At this level - you better believe it.

Demonpenz
08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
two words
awe-ful

blueballs
08-11-2007, 11:33 PM
they mentioned during the game he was injured last preseason
so other that the Pitt disaster this was his only other trail by fire

cdcox
08-11-2007, 11:34 PM
two words
awe-ful

Why is it better to have some "awe" (awesome) that to be full of it?

KcMizzou
08-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Why is it better to have some "awe" (awesome) that to be full of it?
:hmmm:

You just tripped me out. I'll be thinking about this for the next hour. Thanks, asshole.

Demonpenz
08-11-2007, 11:40 PM
he was great!

Demonpenz
08-11-2007, 11:41 PM
he was woeful. How about that

CHIEF4EVER
08-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Jeez, give the kid a chance. He has a TON of upside. I, for one, am willing to let him take his lumps to learn. Yes, that means losing some winnable games. If he is as good as I think he will be, it is a worthy investment.

Tribal Warfare
08-12-2007, 12:27 AM
He looked pretty good, but made rookie mental errors specifically where to file the ball during a broken play.

ChiefaRoo
08-12-2007, 12:35 AM
He looked pretty good, but made rookie mental errors specifically where to file the ball during a broken play.

I ran the INT play back several times on Tivo. First Bennett got held in the interior of the line and there should of been a penalty called as he was the intended receiver. Secondly, the DE just blew up Svitek and pushed him right into Croyle which make him have to spin prior to throwing. Third Croyle threw to the spot where Bennett should of been instead of throwing it out of bounds. Obviously, he made a bad throw but a penalty and a mistake happened first which added to the bad decision by Croyle. I think if you look at his mechanics, timing and power the guy has it all. I'd like to see how well he does going through his reads in future games but right now he looks fine as long as he continues to develop.

kcfanXIII
08-12-2007, 12:57 AM
get this kid an o-line, and he could be good. since this season is already over, i'm willing to go all 16 games with croyle at the helm to see what he has.

page was hitting people, and much to my disappointment pollard wasn't heard from, aside from the near-pick nullified by a false start.

picasso
08-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Croyle looked like he was woman folk out there.

DenverChief
08-12-2007, 05:24 AM

It is preseason Game #1 I'll be more worried if he looks like this in the regular season game #1

LOCOChief
08-12-2007, 06:23 AM
Croyle looked like he was woman folk out there.

:hmmm:

LanceHunter
08-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Croyle will be fine, that is if the Oline can get it together, A great Oline can make almost any QB look good, but a bad Oline, and even Manning would look like a loser. A ray of sunshine though is all the talent at LB, and some much needed pressure up the middle from the Dline.
I'd really like to see King Carl smooze Cowherd into taking over the Hcoaching job, and put Herm in the Dcoordinator job, Cheers!

boogblaster
08-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Not a solid start..but he'll be fine..more playing time will help ....

old_geezer
08-12-2007, 07:17 AM
Croyle - looked like I'd expected. Did ok with the situation he was in (no running game because we didn't have a fullback dressed out) and an O-line that needs to improve if we are to have any hope this season. For the most part he looked decent except for a couple of rookie mistakes which I fully expect him to make as he grows into the job. Looked much better than;

Damon Huard, who looked like the career backup QB he is. Huard showed me no reason to want him under center this year. And this is a step up from;

Casey Printers, who absolutely is wasting a space on our roster. I would rather go with 2 QBs and pull someone out of the stands if both of them get hurt in a game.

Croyle is our best bet now and for the future IMO. We need to stick with him and see how he matures. Bottom line - he's going to make some mistakes - lets see how he reacts to them.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-12-2007, 07:21 AM
I thought croyle looked ok, and he sure in the hell looked better than huard. I am praying Mac will be healthy to play LT by the opener.

the Talking Can
08-12-2007, 07:30 AM
from the star
------------------

The Chiefs’ quarterback quandary

(Croyle)
•First Series: 5 plays, one first down

First-team offensive line and receivers; first-team defense. Completed one of two passes, recovered his own fumble for a 10-yard loss.

•Second Series: 4 plays, one first down

First-team offensive line and receivers; first-team defense. Completed two of three passes — including a 13-yarder to Eddie Kennison — before being intercepted by Cleveland’s Leigh Bodden

•Third Series: 4 plays, one first down

First-team offensive line and receivers; first-team defense. Completed two of three passes, including an 18-yarder to Michael Allan

(Huard)

•First Series: 3 plays, no first downs

Second-team offensive line and receivers; second-team defense. Overthrew tight end Keith Willis on two straight pass attempts, the second of which was intercepted by Cleveland’s Daven Holly.

•Second Series: 3 plays, no first down

Second-team offensive line and receivers; second-team defense: Completed both his passes — to Kolby Smith and Keith Willis — but stymied by a costly holding call.

BRODIE CROYLE
Croyle started the game and played the entire first quarter, mainly with the first unit.

DAMON HUARD
Last year’s part-time starter entered the game in the second quarter and played mostly with the second-team line and receivers.

kcstar (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/228651.html)

Simplex3
08-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Casey Printers, who absolutely is wasting a space on our roster. I would rather go with 2 QBs and pull someone out of the stands if both of them get hurt in a game.
Yeah, that guy has had plenty of time. I'd cut his ass today, no use waiting around.

TEX
08-12-2007, 07:50 AM
It is preseason Game #1 I'll be more worried if he looks like this in the regular season game #1

Yeah. I hear ya. I'll tell ya one thing, no way I'd put him out there behind our OL if it doesn't get any better. Svitek (sp?) was in the offensive backfield most of the night. That's not a good thing anytime, especially when developing a young QB. We basically have 3 interior lineman and turnstiles at Tackles.

TEX
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I thought croyle looked ok, and he sure in the hell looked better than huard. I am praying Mac will be healthy to play LT by the opener.

To be fair, and this is supposed to be a "fair" competition, Huard was playing with the 2nd team. Having said that, they're doing it right in that Croyle should be getting most of the snaps. Huard has proven he can step in if needed. And I'm fine if that's the case. Like I said earlier, if our Tackles don't improve, I don't even think about starting Croyle. He'll be too busy running for his life to learn anything...

Bwana
08-12-2007, 07:55 AM

Bingo

suds79
08-12-2007, 07:56 AM
You know outside of that pick, I thought Brodie looked alright. He certainly wasn't helped by a few drops.

He does have a strong arm and appears to have good accuracy.

The pick was bad. It was just a bad decision and I think Brodie knows that. I'm just glad it happened during preseason.

We all know there will be those kind of moments this year with Brodie. It's just something we're going to have to live with while he gains experience.

The good thing is that the next time there's a broken screen play, I'm pretty sure Brodie will be putting that ball into the ground.

It just takes time.

Coogs
08-12-2007, 08:19 AM
I ran the INT play back several times on Tivo. First Bennett got held in the interior of the line and there should of been a penalty called as he was the intended receiver. Secondly, the DE just blew up Svitek and pushed him right into Croyle which make him have to spin prior to throwing. Third Croyle threw to the spot where Bennett should of been instead of throwing it out of bounds. Obviously, he made a bad throw but a penalty and a mistake happened first which added to the bad decision by Croyle. I think if you look at his mechanics, timing and power the guy has it all. I'd like to see how well he does going through his reads in future games but right now he looks fine as long as he continues to develop.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very good take. I re-ran the play several times as well and agree totally. And on Croyles 2 other incomplete plays, Hannon had the drop on the slant play that he could/should have caught. And on the 3rd incomplete... the long pass to Parker.... the DB was running stride for stride with Parker and Croyle "under threw" the pass. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but I have seen the "great" QB's of alltime do the same thing... the Wr's of those great QB's comeback and make the catch... and the announcers go on-and-on about how the QB put the ball in the only place that the ball could have been caught. With a little bit more time for Croyle and the Wr's to "work" on those types of situations and be on the same page as each other, and I think that pass is a completion as well. Parker should have caught it anyway, as it went right through his hands.

All-in-all, very impressed with Croyle for outing number 1.

Chieftain58
08-12-2007, 08:30 AM
If you would take out the name calling and personal attacks in this thread it would be 1 page long.

milkman
08-12-2007, 08:36 AM
If you would take out the name calling and personal attacks in this thread it would be 1 page long.

And?

morphius
08-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Coogs - It was a nice pass that Hannon dropped, leading a speed guy on a slant like that could lead to some big gains. I'm very interested what he is going to look like in the third game.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-12-2007, 08:48 AM
If i remember right Croyle threw a nice pass on the slant but Chris Hannon ruined it by dropping the pass.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Coogs - It was a nice pass that Hannon dropped, leading a speed guy on a slant like that could lead to some big gains. I'm very interested what he is going to look like in the third game.
yea i agree, im sure he had a little bit of nerves too. I dont mind if he makes some mistakes, as long as he is learning by those mistakes.

FAX
08-12-2007, 09:26 AM
He only made 2 mistakes. The holding on to the ball too long which was a fumble and nearly a turnover. The other was, while a great escape, a poor decision to throw it, where he should had flinged it out of bounds.

Of course, it didn't help Croyle's case when the WR's were dropping it/went through there hands. Parker and Hannon were very guilty of it. I know the throw to Parker was underthrown, but it was still a catchable ball.

But I'll say this. The kid can play.

I'd like a review of the pass to Samie The Oopsie. I watched the game via the miracle of Sopcast and it was kind of jumpy and I couldn't see details.

Here's what I'm wondering. Was the pass one of those long, sideline jobs that is underthrown purposefully when the receiver is covered so that the receiver can come back for the ball? You know, the kind all the excellent pro quarterbacks throw?

Or, was it just a bad pass?

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
08-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I'd like a review of the pass to Samie The Oopsie. I watched the game via the miracle of Sopcast and it was kind of jumpy and I couldn't see details.

Here's what I'm wondering. Was the pass one of those long, sideline jobs that is underthrown purposefully when the receiver is covered so that the receiver can come back for the ball? You know, the kind all the excellent pro quarterbacks throw?

Or, was it just a bad pass?

FAX

I would say it was purposely underthrown.

Wright had good coverage, but had no clue where the ball was.

Samie blew it.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Croyle to me looks like a real talent. Honestly, the Chiefs would only be cheating their future by not starting this kid over Huard.

I love Croyles quick release , arm strength and mobility. havent seen that combo in KC in a long time.

Yes, hes going to make tons of mistakes....but i can see a real upside to him.

MOhillbilly
08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
his field vision needs alot of work. he locks on and has a single reciever mindset. he threw acouple short passes on a rope but underthrew the deep ball down the sideline.
hes young and is making all the young headed mistakes youd expect. cut down on those and KC might have a bona-fide QB.

FAX
08-12-2007, 10:04 AM
his field vision needs alot of work. he locks on and has a single reciever mindset. he threw acouple short passes on a rope but underthrew the deep ball down the sideline.
hes young and is making all the young headed mistakes youd expect. cut down on those and KC might have a bona-fide QB.

It was difficult to tell via the miracle of Sopcast, Mr. MOhillbilly. But, I thought he actually looked off the safety once or twice. And, didn't he take his second option a couple of times?

FAX

morphius
08-12-2007, 10:05 AM
I would say it was purposely underthrown.

Wright had good coverage, but had no clue where the ball was.

Samie blew it.
Wasn't Samie getting the arm bar treatment on that play?

OnTheWarpath15
08-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Wasn't Samie getting the arm bar treatment on that play?

I'd have to go back and watch it again to be sure.

Wright had good coverage, but had his back to the play the entire time.

Either way, Samie has to make that catch. It went right through his hands.

He knows where the ball is. Wright didn't...and didn't tip or deflect the pass.

MOhillbilly
08-12-2007, 10:13 AM
It was difficult to tell via the miracle of Sopcast, Mr. MOhillbilly. But, I thought he actually looked off the safety once or twice. And, didn't he take his second option a couple of times?

FAX

yeah he looked off acouple times but when he locks on he doesnt come off. good or bad DBs will start to anticipate where the balls going by the angle his shoulders take.

FAX
08-12-2007, 10:20 AM
yeah he looked off acouple times but when he locks on he doesnt come off. good or bad DBs will start to anticipate where the balls going by the angle his shoulders take.

Ah. Thanks. That's far more detail than the miracle of Sopcast affords.

I think he'll improve. That's just experience, knowing the playbook, and working with the receivers. The thing to probably watch for is whether or not we see week to week improvement.

FAX

Eleazar
08-12-2007, 10:22 AM

I think the only reason that happened was because of the false start.

Frankie
08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
He's going to throw int's that will cost us games this year, no question. In that respect, I'm more worried about our fans (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167500) than Brodie.
Exactly my thoughts. Fans were violently mean to Trent his first year hear. I hope they learned something about that experience and allow Croyle his growing pains. Consider this year a 3-13 rebuilding year. That's what I'm gonna do and I'm pretty relaxed about '07. With that attitude, every additional win will taste very sweet. Let our young ones find their role in this team.

Disclaimer:

If by game 10 we are something like 7-3 and in the hunt, my "relaxness" will evaporate and I will curse any player who loses a game for us. ;)

CosmicPal
08-12-2007, 10:39 AM
He looked good.

1. He has a rocket for an arm- reminds me of a rookie Elway when Elway would throw the ball so hard, the receivers had trouble catching it. His rocket to Hannon was thrown way too hard for Hannon or anyone to hold on to it. He'll soon learn he doesn't have to fire every single pass.

2. He had great poise and picked up a couple of blitzes. As the announcers said, he did a fine job picking up the blitz.

3. The bomb to Parker wasn't his fault. He put it where his receiver had the best chance to get to it. Wright made a good play on it, but as others said- Parker should've caught that. I'm getting more and more disappointed with Parker.

4. He made some nice passes to the TE and Kennison.

5. On the screen, he needs to learn to throw the ball away by throwing it out of bounds.

There are a few things I really liked: He's got poise, he's got an arm, and he's picking up the defense. All marks of a good QB.

I fully expect he'll be throwing a few INT's, and I will take those. But, I also expect him to be making some spectacular throws.

I'm not as concerned with Croyle as I am with our receivers. If Bowe pans out and if we have success drafting another WR in next year's draft (We have 10 picks), then I could see a very bright future for Croyle.

htismaqe
08-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Other than the dumb interception, he looked pretty good. The touch was there, the passes were right on the money, especially the short ones.

As opposed to Huard, who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, even on a ****ing screen play.

FAX
08-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Other than the dumb interception, he looked pretty good. The touch was there, the passes were right on the money, especially the short ones.

As opposed to Huard, who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, even on a ****ing screen play.

Mr. milkman said it best somewhere on the board today, but Downfield Damon seems to throw the ball high on a pretty consistent basis. Last year, he was helped by some very athletic catches. Last night, however, that wasn't happening for him.

You have to believe that, if you based your decision on last night's performances, Brodie would be the starter which is fine by me. Hermoine needs to line up a dependable left tackle, though, or he's screwed.

FAX

nychief
08-12-2007, 11:06 AM
tex is an expert.

Deberg_1990
08-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Mr. milkman said it best somewhere on the board today, but Downfield Damon seems to throw the ball high on a pretty consistent basis. Last year, he was helped by some very athletic catches. Last night, however, that wasn't happening for him.

You have to believe that, if you based your decision on last night's performances, Brodie would be the starter which is fine by me. Hermoine needs to line up a dependable left tackle, though, or he's screwed.

FAX

Huard also has that "Slower than molasses" release. Combine that with a suspect O-line, and it doesnt look pretty. Hes a decent QB, but he is what he is.

go bo
08-12-2007, 11:38 AM
It is preseason Game #1 I'll be more worried if he looks like this in the regular season game #1hey, mr. j...

how ya doin'?

are you out on the road yet?

we don't see that much of you anymore...

er... don't take that the wrong way...

BigMeatballDave
08-12-2007, 11:43 AM
1. He has a rocket for an arm- reminds me of a rookie Elway when Elway would throw the ball so hard, the receivers had trouble catching it. His rocket to Hannon was thrown way too hard for Hannon or anyone to hold on to it. He'll soon learn he doesn't have to fire every single pass.

No, the recievers need to adjust. I've seen Favre make that throw many times, and his guys catch it.

Coach
08-12-2007, 11:53 AM
At this level - you better believe it.

And I only got 2 words for you. 1st timer. He's not gonna be a all-world professional QB right now, becuase he has to go through growing pains.

Every ****ing goddamned quarterback goes through that, especially when they are young and inexperienced.

I'll tell you this. Which Brodie was better? The useless ****ing meaningless game aganist the $queelers last year? Or was it the ****ing meaningless game aganist the Brownies yesterday?

Yet, I get the feeling that you expect him to be a Peyton Manning. F**k no, he's not gonna be Peyton Manning. He's Brodie F**king Croyle.

TEX
08-12-2007, 12:16 PM
And I only got 2 words for you. 1st timer. He's not gonna be a all-world professional QB right now, becuase he has to go through growing pains.

Every ****ing goddamned quarterback goes through that, especially when they are young and inexperienced.

I'll tell you this. Which Brodie was better? The useless ****ing meaningless game aganist the $queelers last year? Or was it the ****ing meaningless game aganist the Brownies yesterday?

Yet, I get the feeling that you expect him to be a Peyton Manning. F**k no, he's not gonna be Peyton Manning. He's Brodie F**king Croyle.

Great, he's Brodie F**king Croyle, and you're F**king Coach, and I'm F**king Tex.

Now that we have that established my point was that unless the line gets better, he's NOT gonna learn a thing and he could actually get worse in the process b/c he could get mentally shell shocked. If the team isn't ready for a young QB - I wouldn't risk the chance of ruining the kid.

milkman
08-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Great, he's Brodie F**king Croyle, and you're F**king Coach, and I'm F**king Tex.

Now that we have that established my point was that unless the line gets better, he's NOT gonna learn a thing and he could actually get worse in the process b/c he could get mentally shell shocked. If the team isn't ready for a young QB - I wouldn't risk the chance of ruining the kid.

Since he's already been run over at 'Bama because of poor O-Line play, and he still has his head in the right place, I highly doubt he'll become mentally shellshocked now, and very well could learn some valuable lessons now.

FAX
08-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I like Cam Cameron's approach. We need to put him in a position to fail miserably to find out if he has what it takes.

FAX

PastorMikH
08-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I liked what I saw. Very quick with his release with lots of ZIP on the ball. Other than the one INT I thought he had a solid debut. Add in that INT was one that he should learn from and not keep making the mistake over and over. His INT didn't bother me nearly as much as Huard's. Huard's INT looked more like Trent's last year, Several passes go high, one goes high and gets picked.

All in all, I'm starting to get excited about what he brings to the team.

FAX
08-12-2007, 12:28 PM
He needs to work on his post-game interview skills. The one with Lenny was a little rough.

He has all the tools, however. Some experience and consistent play out of the o-line and receivers and he'll be fine. Maybe better than fine.

I still worry about Hermoine's ability to develop a quarterback, though. I can see Herm building a defense, but I have trouble envisioning him building up a franchise QB.

FAX

PastorMikH
08-12-2007, 12:36 PM
He needs to work on his post-game interview skills. The one with Lenny was a little rough.

He has all the tools, however. Some experience and consistent play out of the o-line and receivers and he'll be fine. Maybe better than fine.

I still worry about Hermoine's ability to develop a quarterback, though. I can see Herm building a defense, but I have trouble envisioning him building up a franchise QB.

FAX

I honestly thought the grooming of Chad Pennington was somewhat succesful under Herm in NY. His last year was the year Pennington got hurt and was a lot of the reason why they lost so much. While he may not be Peyton Manning, at the same time there are a lot of QBs out there I would take him over.

TEX
08-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Since he's already been run over at 'Bama because of poor O-Line play, and he still has his head in the right place, I highly doubt he'll become mentally shellshocked now, and very well could learn some valuable lessons now.

Well finally something we can agree on in that I hope you're right. The deal is though he's had less then 30 starts at Bama - right? Sometimes, when protection breaks down, Qb's get into bad habits, especially the young ones. If they learn they grow, if not they're out of a job. I'd just prefer Brodie to have the situation that Phillip Rivers had in San Diego in that there was a complete team around him in place when he got his shot. Not turnstiles for Tackles.

the Talking Can
08-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Fans were violently mean to Trent his first year hear. I hope they learned something about that experience and allow Croyle his growing pains. Consider this year a 3-13 rebuilding year. That's what I'm gonna do and I'm pretty relaxed about '07. With that attitude, every additional win will taste very sweet. Let our young ones find their role in this team.

Disclaimer:

If by game 10 we are something like 7-3 and in the hunt, my "relaxness" will evaporate and I will curse any player who loses a game for us. ;)

i was one of those fans who freaked out on Green his first year...that's why I promised myself that I will support Croyle no matter what he does this year...

he's a damn rook, he'll play like one...but I think he has something worth waiting for....

morphius
08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
i was one of those fans who freaked out on Green his first year...that's why I promised myself that I will support Croyle no matter what he does this year...

he's a damn rook, he'll play like one...but I think he has something worth waiting for....
Same thing people did with Priest and LJ. I always try to give players a couple of years.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
08-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Same old Printers, only a tad better than last preseason.

htismaqe
08-12-2007, 05:17 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth.