PDA

View Full Version : Who's This Patterson Guy?

CosmicPal
08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't recall hearing anything about him during training camp, but he made a couple of nice plays in the first half: broke up a pass with good timing and made a nice tackle in the backfield to break up what would've been a screen play.

InChiefsHeaven
08-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Exactly. All I hear about is Brackenridge, Patterson looks pretty decent.

FAX
08-12-2007, 10:53 AM
From kcchiefs.com, Mr. CosmicPal.

Pro Career

Defensive back prospect joined the Chiefs as a free agent on February 12th … Attended training camp with Washington in 2006, but was released prior to the start of the regular season … Served the final week of the 2006 season on Minnesota’s practice squad … Spent portions of 2005 on both Washington’s active roster and developmental squad … Appeared in three games with the Redskins, recording an INT (20 yards), one pass defensed and a special teams tackle … Originally entered the NFL with Washington as a rookie free agent in 2005.

Transactions: Signed a two-year contract with Kansas City (2/12/07) ... Added to Minnesota’s practice squad (12/27/06) ... Released by Washington (8/30/06) ... Signed a three-year contract with Washington (12/17/05) ... Added to Washington’s practice squad (11/8/05) ... Released by Washington (11/5/05) ... Signed a three-year contract with Washington (10/15/05) ... Added to Washington’s practice squad (10/5/05) ... Released by Washington (10/3/05) ... Signed a three-year contract with Washington (10/1/05) ... Added to Washington’s practice squad (9/5/05).

College Bio

Transferred to Tuskegee prior to his senior campaign in 2004 after spending his first three collegiate seasons at Southeast Missouri State … Named preseason All-American by Lindy’s in 2004 … Earned first team all-SIAC honors as a senior … Returned two blocked field goals for touchdowns and a blocked PAT for two points … Saw action in 12 games for SE Missouri as a junior in 2003, amassing 62 tackles (44 solo), 7.5 tackles for loss (-27.0 yards). 1.5 sacks (-10.0 yards), six INTs (33 yards), 12 passes defensed, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery … His six interceptions and 12 passes defensed led the Ohio Valley Conference … Named to multiple NCAA Division I-AA All-America teams … Played in 10 games as a sophomore in 2002, recording 35 tackles (22 solo), 2.0 tackles for loss (-3.0 yards), nine passes defensed and a QB pressure … Appeared in 11 games during freshman campaign in 2001, registering 53 tackles, (42 solo), 2.0 tackles for loss (-7.0 yards), three INTs (21 yards), nine passes defensed, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries ... Majored in Business Administration at Tuskegee.

FAX

KevB
08-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I believe he was also the guy that completely evacuated his lane on the kickoff return TD.

blueballs
08-12-2007, 12:36 PM
sounds like his
make it or break it
clock is ticking

Coach
08-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I believe he was also the guy that completely evacuated his lane on the kickoff return TD.

Same thing with 10 other guys as well.

morphius
08-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I didn't watch too closely, but I thought Bragg made a couple of nice plays.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-12-2007, 12:51 PM

He did. He also completely whiffed on a sure sack. Overall though, I was very impressed with his play.

KevB
08-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Same thing with 10 other guys as well.

The returner ran right into the lane Patterson vacated though. Patterson literally took a left turn to avoid contact and run around a blocker. Returner hit right up behind that blocker and was gone. Certainly don't want to imply he was the only one to make a mistake on that coverage.

Mr. Laz
08-12-2007, 03:36 PM
patterson showed flashes ...... he also showed suckiness.

seemed like for every good play he made he had to make a crappy one too.

if he can cut out the bad stuff he could make the team.

InChiefsHeaven
08-13-2007, 06:55 AM
The returner ran right into the lane Patterson vacated though. Patterson literally took a left turn to avoid contact and run around a blocker. Returner hit right up behind that blocker and was gone. Certainly don't want to imply he was the only one to make a mistake on that coverage.

Didn't realize that was him, but I did notice how badly he looked there. While I agree, it's not all on him, when he vacated that lane he gave the guy a clear shot up the middle. Pitiful.

Direckshun
08-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Patterson's got a very outside shot to make this team, all things considered.

But he's got a legitimate chance at practice squad if he can continue making noise in the preseason.

buddha
08-13-2007, 09:08 AM
It's impossible to know what coverage call the Chiefs had on that particular kick off. They don't always just run straight down the field. Based on what I saw from Patterson the rest of the night, he certainly didn't look shy about hitting people, so I doubt that he avoided contact on that play. It was a preseason game with a bunch of guys who don't completely know what they're doing. I'd rather base our judgements on how the CBs do in coverage.