PDA

View Full Version : New Nissan Can Detect If You're Schlitz-Faced

gblowfish
08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Drunk Drivers’ Detection System by Nissan

In a move to curb drink driving, Nissan has come out with the latest detection systems that function like a built-in breathalyzer in a car. The smart car can detect odor, sweat, and driver alertness to issue a verbal warning and even lock up the ignition in dire circumstances. Odor sensors on the driver and passenger seats read alcohol levels, while a detector in the gear-shift knob measures the perspiration of the driver’s palm when starting the car. A nervous driver with bad breath may get a shock if not forewarned.

The car also has a built-in camera that scans the eye for alertness levels. Other high-tech features of the smart car include on-the-road monitor systems which detect if the car is swerving off a lane and car seat belts that automatically tighten if drowsiness is detected. In other words, the car acts as a moral guardian or traffic policeman. A few celebrities who can’t control their drinking problem might want this car.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/08/05/drunk-drivers-detection-system-by-nissan/

Planetman
08-13-2007, 08:52 AM
I hate big auto.

Eleazar
08-13-2007, 08:53 AM
That alertness stuff is kind of cool. It would be nice to have a car that detected you nodding off if you were doing so.

sedated
08-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Pretty soon the breathalyzer will be required in all cars.

TinyEvel
08-13-2007, 09:49 AM
They had a new Nissan Altima coupe on display at the mall. Didn't look too shabby. THough I rented a full-size Altima on vacation and the "continuously variable transmission" was a bit unusual. It seemed to over-rev the engine.

HemiEd
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
**** that! So you pay many thousands for a car, and it decides if you are fit to drive it? I'll pass.

FAX
08-13-2007, 10:44 AM
I wonder if it can sense Lortab breath.

Here, in the land of the free, we have a lot of people driving under the influence of mind-altering pharmaceuticals the authorities don't test for. The truth is our streets are filled with women stoned out of their hairdos on Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and Luvox. I call upon Japanese everywhere to find ways to keep these crazy-ass ladies off the roads.

FAX

StcChief
08-13-2007, 10:46 AM

Here, in the land of the free, we have a lot of people driving under the influence of mind-altering pharmaceuticals the authorities don't test for. The truth is our streets are filled with women stoned out of their hairdos on Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and Luvox. I call upon Japanese everywhere to find ways to keep these crazy-ass ladies off the roads.

FAX
I call upon the Japanese to keep all Asian drivers off the road.

Demonpenz
08-13-2007, 10:46 AM

FAX
You can still get a driving under the infuence if you fail a sobriety test but you are on medication

FAX
08-13-2007, 10:55 AM
You can still get a driving under the infuence if you fail a sobriety test but you are on medication

Granted, Mr. Demonpenz. However, I submit for your consideration that the police don't test, because they don't smell alcohol, so they don't know if the person is impaired or not.

Earlier this month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that antidepressants are now the most commonly prescribed drugs in the U.S. totaling 118 million prescriptions in 2005. That's a lot.

The vast majority of these people drive cars. And a lot of them drive cars right into each other.

FAX

Skip Towne
08-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Granted, Mr. Demonpenz. However, I submit for your consideration that the police don't test, because they don't smell alcohol, so they don't know if the person is impaired or not.

Earlier this month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that antidepressants are now the most commonly prescribed drugs in the U.S. totaling 118 million prescriptions in 2005. That's a lot.

The vast majority of these people drive cars. And a lot of them drive cars right into each other.

FAX
Indeed they do Mr. FAX.

Smed1065
08-13-2007, 12:50 PM

FAX

This is very true but it is fine because it is pharmaceutical drugs.

:cuss:

big nasty kcnut
08-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I think that it's a little too much i say just take the guy keys and that it. What next we have to take a urine sample to unlock the car door.

el borracho
08-13-2007, 01:04 PM
How lame. I already get annoyed by all the warning noises they build into cars. DING DING DING Yeah, ****ing car, I know my seatbelt isn't fastened. I like to fasten it after I start the car. So what? DING DING DING Shut the **** up, car! Why can't I open my door with the car running? I'm not even moving! DING DING DING Yes, asshole car, I'm going to take my keys with me when I get out of the car. Right now I'm sitting here doing something so shut the **** up, already!

HemiEd
08-13-2007, 01:15 PM
How lame. I already get annoyed by all the warning noises they build into cars. DING DING DING Yeah, ****ing car, I know my seatbelt isn't fastened. I like to fasten it after I start the car. So what? DING DING DING Shut the **** up, car! Why can't I open my door with the car running? I'm not even moving! DING DING DING Yes, asshole car, I'm going to take my keys with me when I get out of the car. Right now I'm sitting here doing something so shut the **** up, already!

Exactly, see post 6. My 300M won't let me open the trunk with the car running, in gear. What a ****ing pain in the ass!
You pull up to the bag drop, I got to take the car out of gear, for the young man to get my clubs out of the trunk! :cuss:

el borracho
08-13-2007, 01:20 PM
It's ridiculous! Either I'm resonsible enough to operate the car or I'm not and I shouldn't have it. I hate having a machine telling me I'm doing something wrong when it doesn't know why I'm doing whatever it is I'm doing.

Nzoner
08-13-2007, 01:23 PM
It's as bad as liquor control being able to come on your property to check for underage drinking if you buy a keg.

Not saying I would serve to minors but it's still wrong.

HemiEd
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
It's ridiculous! Either I'm resonsible enough to operate the car or I'm not and I shouldn't have it. I hate having a machine telling me I'm doing something wrong when it doesn't know why I'm doing whatever it is I'm doing.

Especially when you ****ing OWN said machine. It is supposed to be your slave, not the other way around.

It is a plot I tell ya! They are going to win the war yet!

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have something pre-programmed into the car computers like, well on a certain day, crashing all of us into each other at once! War over!

Valiant
08-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Five minutes later the fuse is out for the breathalyser and we are down the road..

Valiant
08-13-2007, 01:58 PM
It's as bad as liquor control being able to come on your property to check for underage drinking if you buy a keg.

Not saying I would serve to minors but it's still wrong.

As long as you do not have doors open or gates unlocked I do not think they can come in without getting a warrant.. They can scare you by coming in, or worse wait outside your house and pull people over as they leave...

Bob Dole
08-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Why is there a sensor on the passenger seat? So you make sure to put your drunk buddy/date in the trunk before you haul them home?

HemiEd
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Why is there a sensor on the passenger seat? So you make sure to put your drunk buddy/date in the trunk before you haul them home?

I think that is called the Steve McNair feature.

Bwana
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Cool, I wonder if Carl is going to step up and buy one of these bad boys for Jared Allen?

:hmmm:

HemiEd
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Cool, I wonder if Carl is going to step up and buy one of these bad boys for Jared Allen?

:hmmm:

Jared wouldn't be caught drunk, I mean dead, driving a Datsun.

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Like who is going to spend a bunch of money to be monitored by their own car. LMAO

Bwana
08-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Jared wouldn't be caught drunk, I mean dead, driving a Datsun.

Oh I don't know. Perhaps is Peterson hung a set of longhorns on the front of it, he would consider it. :rockon:

Skip Towne
08-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Especially when you ****ing OWN said machine. It is supposed to be your slave, not the other way around.

It is a plot I tell ya! They are going to win the war yet!

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have something pre-programmed into the car computers like, well on a certain day, crashing all of us into each other at once! War over!
Hey, Ed, I like your new avatar. Is that your Sr. picture from high school?

HemiEd
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey, Ed, I like your new avatar. Is that your Sr. picture from high school?

Oh heck no, obviously you don't have HBO. I had no facial hair in High School, they made me start shaving my peach fuzz in the Navy.