PDA

View Full Version : Next!

el borracho
08-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Well, the first preseason game has come and gone; what are we looking for and hoping to see in the second game?

I will be hoping we do a better job moving the ball on offense and do a better job protecting the ball. Hopefully, Croyle can up his completion percentage and make it a few series without tossing an interception. It would be nice if he threw a touchdown but I'm not counting on it. By the way, will Croyle start and play with the 1st team again or are we (foolishly) letting Huard start?

I will be very interested to know how our FBs and backup TEs do on Thursday. Who can block and catch and maybe even get a few yards after the catch? Hopefully, we see a little of that this time.

Will there be any improvement in blocking up front? I hope so although I'm not counting on it. It's a little early to give up but, on paper, our Oline looks lacking. Hopefully Thursday some of these guys (Svitek in particular) prove me wrong. On a related note, did Niswanger play at all on Saturday? I know there was some concern about Weigman in this offense and a little Niswanger love going around over the offseason but I haven't ever seen his name in print since camp began. Is he still around? Is he doing anything notable, good or bad? Are we completely satisfied with Weigman?

This Thursday looks like a good time to play our favorite game of "Who Wants to Be a Wide Receiver?" Step it up, men. We'll finally get to see Bowe which is good but he probably won't play much and we need someone else to do something, as well. Webb? Eck? Anyone?

There aren't nearly as many questions on defense but there are some things to watch. Sounds like Tank has been getting schooled a little bit so far. It would be nice if he showed a little improvement each game.

And we need to establish our corners beyond Law and Surtain. The establishment seens high on Brackenridge so I will be eager to know how much he plays and how he does. I'm guessing Sapp makes the roster by default another year (dammit, Carl) which means we will still need a fifth CB. Phinisee, Patterson or Poole seem somewhat equal at this point so it will be interesting to see how much time each of them gets and what they do with it.

A couple of quick wild-ass, based-on-nothing predictions:

Croyle 7 for 10, 68 yards
Bowe 1 reception, 8 yards
Wilson 2 receptions, 10 yards
Grigsby 1 reception, 3 yards
Bennet 6 attempts, 32 yards, 1 touchdown

OnTheWarpath15
08-13-2007, 01:02 PM
I saw Rudy on Saturday.

I could be wrong, but I think he was playing Guard at one point.....

Either way, he did play.

HonestChieffan
08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Im hoping people post questions like this clear up to game time on Thursday

Deberg_1990
I think one of the biggest things is seeing Bowe play and what hes capable of.

Hammock Parties
Huard starts at QB this weekend. It's a retarded game Herm is playing.

Hammock Parties

I doubt Bowe will play Thursday.

el borracho
08-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Ah, crap. How did it work on Saturday? Croyle got three series with the first teamers and then Huard came in with the second team?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I think printers should be our starter cause with the OL that we have , we need a QB that can run like hell!

el borracho
08-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I saw Rudy on Saturday.

I could be wrong, but I think he was playing Guard at one point.....

Either way, he did play.
Can anyone confirm or deny this? That seems odd.

Hammock Parties
08-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Ah, crap. How did it work on Saturday? Croyle got three series with the first teamers and then Huard came in with the second team?

Yeah. :rolleyes:

Putting Croyle behind the second-team OL is just asking to get him hurt.

Deberg_1990

Opps...i read that wrong. I thought he meant the rest of preseason.

Hog's Gone Fishin

Are you refering to the Green vs Huard matchup?

FAX
08-13-2007, 01:09 PM

Yes. Hermoine will probably switch them out this week to keep it "fair".

Personally, I'd like to see Brodie continue to play with the first team until he gives the impression he really isn't ready.

FAX

Hammock Parties
Are you refering to the Green vs Huard matchup?

No. I'm referring to the fact he still hasn't declared a starter when it's obvious who's going to start.

el borracho
I'm guessing he won't be for very long. They will baby him early since he missed all of that time and conditioning. Still, it would be (will be?) nice to see him in for a series or two.

el borracho
08-13-2007, 01:11 PM
You doubt he'll play at all? That seems extremly conservative but it is Herm...

Well, I hope Bowe gets in for at least a series.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Id like to see Gun turn up the heat on Thursday and blitz the crap out of Green!!!

siberian khatru
08-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I'd like to see more of Patterson, Brackenridge, Kershaw, McGraw and Reid.

LOCOChief
08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Id like to see Gun turn up the heat on Thursday and blitz the crap out of Green!!!

ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-13-2007, 01:20 PM
You doubt he'll play at all? That seems extremly conservative but it is Herm...

Well, I hope Bowe gets in for at least a series.

The guy hasn't even practiced yet.

I'd say he'll start practicing this week and play in the third preseason game.

el borracho
08-13-2007, 01:22 PM
That would be fun. It's too bad we don't get to play them in the regular season this year. I think we would have enjoyed that.

el borracho
08-13-2007, 01:23 PM
The guy hasn't even practiced yet.

I'd say he'll start practicing this week and play in the third preseason game.
Oh. Lame.

The Franchise
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Niswanger had a holding penalty in the Browns game.

HonestChieffan
08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
who is our shortstop on Thursday?

Can we expect to see Sweeny play?

MGRS13
08-13-2007, 01:49 PM
I would like to see the first team offense (regardless whos playing qb)to at least get into FG range.

Sure-Oz
08-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Should be a 1st qtr, green will relish it and go 3-8 with 2 ints and a concussion