PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana

Jenson71
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM
The thread in D.C. makes me wonder some other things.

1. I smoke marijuana and want it to be legal
2. I smoke marijuana but want it to stay illegal
3. I do not smoke marijuana but would if it were legal
4. I do not smoke marijuana and would still not even if it were legal

Poll forthcoming.

The Franchise
08-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Where's the "I used to smoke marijuana....and I really don't care either way" option?

ChiefFripp
08-13-2007, 03:38 PM
I hate smoking weed but think it should be legal. It has way too many uses and some of the coolest people I know are potheads.

kc rush
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't and won't. Thats just me.

FAX
Shouldn't this be a public poll so we can make some money out of this deal, Mr. Jenson71?

FAX

JohninGpt
Where's the "I used to smoke marijuana....and I really don't care either way" option?
Talley up another vote for this one.

Sure-Oz
where is the "im ****ing stoned out of my gord" option

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 03:41 PM
where is the "im ****ing stoned out of my gord" option

LMAO Was that a line in a movie or something? I've never heard anyone but my buddies say they were stoned out of their gord.

luv
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
If you smoke it, why would you want it to stay illegal? I know it would probably be heavily taxed, but wouldn't it be worth not having to risk going to jail?

Skip Towne
08-13-2007, 04:01 PM
LMAO Was that a line in a movie or something? I've never heard anyone but my buddies say they were stoned out of their gord.
I've been saying that since 1948.

plbrdude
08-13-2007, 04:05 PM
i used to smoke it. as far as legality goes, they could make it legal and tax it. could raise significant money for uncle sam. the way i see it, if booze is legal, weed should be. personally i don't have anything to do with either anymore and would recommend anyone else not to also. but hey, i'm a redneck.

StcChief
No and NO

Nzoner
No man it can't be legalized,I mean man I'd like be out of a job man.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w93/Nzoner_photos/chong.gif

boogblaster
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Used too.. It's less harmfull than booze.....

FAX
08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
There is no question that drugs (most of them, anyway) should be legalized. The war on drugs could not be any more stupid.

Hemp, for example, is a miracle plant that midwestern farmers can't grow because our politicians are idiots. We import hemp from throughout the world and pay out the nose for it.

If we decriminalize drugs, we would save countless billions in prison costs, insurance rates, and glass repair. I say, let's go for it.

FAX

JBucc
08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't and don't care.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 04:12 PM
The I smoke it but want it illegal option should have been "I don't smoke it, wouldn't if it were legal, but drink like a fish"

Nzoner
08-13-2007, 04:14 PM
There is no question that drugs (most of them, anyway) should be legalized. The war on drugs could not be any more stupid.

Hemp, for example, is a miracle plant that midwestern farmers can't grow because our politicians are idiots. We import hemp from throughout the world and pay out the nose for it.

If we decriminalize drugs, we would save countless billions in prison costs, insurance rates, and glass repair. I say, let's go for it.

FAX

Also from my view in advertising what a great new marketing promo

POT SMOKER'S SPECIAL

Large biscuits and gravy
4 eggs
hash browns
1/2 lb of bacon
Large cinnamon bun

Only....

$9.99

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 04:15 PM

POT SMOKER'S SPECIAL

Large biscuits and gravy
4 eggs
hash browns
1/2 lb of bacon
Large cinnamon bun

Only....

$9.99

LMAO Don't forget the orange juice. I've always heard the large amounts of vitamin C will stimulate the high.

FAX
08-13-2007, 04:16 PM
If we grew our own hemp, we could have used it to make paper and particle board and other things and that would have saved the rain forest. And, if we had saved the rain forest, it wouldn't be so damnedably hot here right now.

FAX

htismaqe
08-13-2007, 04:16 PM
LMAO Don't forget the orange juice. I've always heard the large amounts of vitamin C will stimulate the high.

Vit C only works with LSD...

htismaqe
08-13-2007, 04:17 PM
I've been saying that since 1948.

You had a bit part in "Reefer Madness".

FAX
08-13-2007, 04:17 PM
If we grew our own hemp, we wouldn't use pesticides because bugs don't eat hemp. And, if we didn't use pesticides, our erections would be 25% larger.

FAX

JohninGpt
08-13-2007, 04:18 PM

POT SMOKER'S SPECIAL

Large biscuits and gravy
4 eggs
hash browns
1/2 lb of bacon
Large cinnamon bun

Only....

$9.99
Damn, that breakfast (or dinner, or snack, or whatever) rocks. I haven't smoked in over 20 years and that gives me the munchies. Can you really do that for $9.99?

Nzoner
08-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Damn, that breakfast (or dinner, or snack, or whatever) rocks. I haven't smoked in over 20 years and that gives me the munchies. Can you really do that for $9.99?

I don't know I'm not in the food business but being in advertising I do know that breakfast is fairly cheap in regards to food costs.

FAX
08-13-2007, 04:21 PM

Absolutely, Mr. JohninGpt. If we grew our own hemp, we could cook eggs in hemp oil which would bring down the cost of breakfast. And, if we could bring down the cost of breakfast, we wouldn't be tempted to eat at the Chinese "all you can eat" buffets. And, if we didn't eat at the Chinese "all you can eat" buffets, our cells wouldn't be 40% MSG. And, if our cells weren't 40% MSG, we would all live to be one hundred and six years old.

FAX

JohninGpt
08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
If we grew our own hemp, we wouldn't use pesticides because bugs don't eat hemp. And, if we didn't use pesticides, our erections would be 25% larger.

FAX
So, bugs don't like buds, resulting in bigger bulges?

stumppy
08-13-2007, 04:24 PM

FAX

I think we've finally found a reasonable arguement for legalization. This fact alone should bring at least 75% of the anti-legal. crowd over to the enlightened side.

stumppy
08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Absolutely, Mr. JohninGpt. If we grew our own hemp, we could cook eggs in hemp oil which would bring down the cost of breakfast. And, if we could bring down the cost of breakfast, we wouldn't be tempted to eat at the Chinese "all you can eat" buffets. And, if we didn't eat at the Chinese "all you can eat" buffets, our cells wouldn't be 40% MSG. And, if our cells weren't 40% MSG, we would all live to be one hundred and six years old.

FAX

With 25% longer erections.

JohninGpt
08-13-2007, 04:26 PM

FAX
Imagine...with hemp we could all enjoy a longer life with a longer penis.

stevieray
08-13-2007, 04:27 PM
You mean Cannabis...? Marijuana is Spanish...the name was used by society after the flood of mexican immigrants came to America in 1910 and intoduced it as a recreational drug, whereas before the government had farmers growing hemp...

Jenson71
08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
You mean Cannabis...? Marijuana is Spanish...

Hmm, interesting. What is it Spanish for?

FAX
08-13-2007, 04:35 PM
You mean Cannabis...? Marijuana is Spanish...the name was used by society after the flood of mexican immigrants came to America in 1910 and intoduced it as a recreational drug, whereas before the government had farmers growing hemp...

Your trueness is a thing to behold, Mr. stevieray.

The thing is that, when the federal government illegalized pot, they illegalized the growing of hemp as well. That's why we import hemp from places like ... China. And, we pay a premium price. It's one of the stupidest laws of all times because, if we could grow our own hemp, farmers could afford to donate more money to political campaigns. And, if farmers could afford to donate more money to political campaigns, we wouldn't have stupid politicians who won't let us grow hemp.

FAX

stevieray
08-13-2007, 04:36 PM

We used the Spanish term to associate it with Mexicans.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 04:37 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that marijuana is Spanish for cannabis. And yes, mexican immigrants did have a large role in it becoming illegal. Only from the aspect of the racism that perverted this country at the time...........oh wait...........

stevieray
08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Your trueness is a thing to behold, Mr. stevieray.

The thing is that, when the federal government illegalized pot, they illegalized the growing of hemp as well. That's why we import hemp from places like ... China. And, we pay a premium price. It's one of the stupidest laws of all times because, if we could grow our own hemp, farmers could afford to donate more money to political campaigns. And, if farmers could afford to donate more money to political campaigns, we wouldn't have stupid politicians who won't let us grow hemp.

FAX

yup. I heard something along the lines that a 1/4 acre produces the same amount of pulp that takes five acres of trees to produce...

it truly is pathetic.

Hydrae
08-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Heck, by now we could have a way to power vehicles similar to E-85 but using hemp in some fashion. Even if that were not possible we certainly know we could make paper out of it and the light oil from the seeds could have a wide variety of uses. Even if we wanted to keep the THC laden product out of the country we should be planting and harvesting large quantities of industrial grade hemp.

Hydrae
08-13-2007, 04:40 PM
yup. I heard something along the lines that a 1/4 acre produces the same amount of pulp that takes five acres of trees to produce...

it truly is pathetic.

And you can get multiple crops per year and it grows damned near anywhere.

JohninGpt
08-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Heck, by now we could have a way to power vehicles similar to E-85 but using hemp in some fashion. Even if that were not possible we certainly know we could make paper out of it and the light oil from the seeds could have a wide variety of uses. Even if we wanted to keep the THC laden product out of the country we should be planting and harvesting large quantities of industrial grade hemp.
That stuff is still growing wild all over northern Kansas, at least it was a couple decades ago, it looks great, but wouldn't give you anything but a headache.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 04:42 PM

Yeah, but the problem is that we are a Christian society. That stuff is the Devil's harvest. Don't believe me?

Hydrae
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
That stuff is still growing wild all over northern Kansas, at least it was a couple decades ago, it looks great, but wouldn't give you anything but a headache.

Exactly the difference between pot and hemp. They killed a huge industry to try to control the recreational uses. Of course if you believe the story of how Hearst was involved in the push for illegalization (is that even a word?) then he was really going after the industrial form anyway and the recreational was the collateral loss.

Hydrae
08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah, but the problem is that we are a Christian society. That stuff is the Devil's harvest. Don't believe me?

You know, I don't remember anything in the bible talking about these horrible plants that the devil got onto this planet after God created perfection. :hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
How it all began............

http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/AMA_opposes_1937.html

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
You know, I don't remember anything in the bible talking about these horrible plants that the devil got onto this planet after God created perfection. :hmmm:

YOUR INTERPRETATION IS ENTIRELY INCORRECT!!!!1!!11!!!!!

Hydrae
08-13-2007, 04:50 PM
As I said in the thread in DC, it amazes me that I have yet to see a poll anywhere that shows people in favor of it remaining illegal. But somehow we can not seem to change the laws. Confuses me so much I have to smoke a little to stop thinking about it. :bong:

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2007, 04:57 PM
As I said in the thread in DC, it amazes me that I have yet to see a poll anywhere that shows people in favor of it remaining illegal. But somehow we can not seem to change the laws. Confuses me so much I have to smoke a little to stop thinking about it. :bong:

The biggest illusion of all is that we think we have some control over what goes on in this country. Another great example.

htismaqe
08-13-2007, 04:59 PM

The people that want to keep it illegal, just like the people who successfully lobbied to make it illegal in the first place, have ALOT of money.

teedubya
08-13-2007, 05:07 PM
[exhale]

... 'ere.

DaFace
08-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Weird poll. The top two options and the bottom two options really don't answer the same question.

luv
08-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Weird poll. The top two options and the bottom two options really don't answer the same question.
Heh. Good catch.

Hydrae
08-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Heh. Good catch.

He must not be stoned. :)

Adept Havelock
08-13-2007, 05:11 PM
I haven't in a long time, but I think it should be legal...and taxed. Just like alcohol.

Sadly, keeping the yammerheads over at the DEA employed is a greater priority than exploiting a great source of tax revenue.

Jenson71
08-13-2007, 05:14 PM

Watchu talkin bout willis?

Rain Man
08-13-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd rather just supply it to the terrorists to stunt their drive and ambition.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I'd rather just supply it to the terrorists to stunt their drive and ambition.

Those two things, drive and ambition, are the 2 pitfalls to pot. True, non made up shit. For A LOT (not all) of people smoking pot = not giving a **** about anything.

DaFace
08-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Watchu talkin bout willis?

The top two ask "Should it be illegal?" while the bottom two ask "Would you smoke it if it were legal?"

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2007, 05:18 PM
The top two ask "Should it be illegal?" while the bottom two ask "Would you smoke it if it were legal?"

It's a Jenson poll. How about I don't smoke it but I am for the legalization of it? :shrug:

Jenson71
08-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Those two things, drive and ambition, are the 2 pitfalls to pot. True, non made up shit. For A LOT (not all) of people smoking pot = not giving a **** about anything.

I had a few classmates that got into pot and really damaged their life. Dropping out of school, taking menial jobs when they could be doing more, focusing only on pot and getting it or dealing it.

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM

What about the munchies?

Jenson71
08-13-2007, 05:21 PM

The top two are directed towards smokers. The bottom two are directed towards non-smokers.

Jenson71
08-13-2007, 05:22 PM
It's a Jenson poll. How about I don't smoke it but I am for the legalization of it? :shrug:

That's a different poll that I don't care about.

DaFace
08-13-2007, 05:23 PM
The top two are directed towards smokers. The bottom two are directed towards non-smokers.

I understand that, but I would be interested in non-smokers' answer to the "Should it be illegal?" question as well. There are likely people who do not smoke, and would not smoke if it were legal, but feel that it should be legal.

Doesn't really matter, though. It's your poll, you can cry if you want to (or something like that).

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 05:23 PM
What about the munchies?

Only for a while. Well, until they get high again anyway. Pot is GREAT in regards to its ability to enhance almost everything. Cigarettes, food, sex, you name it. It's all better "on weed"

DaFace
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Only for a while. Well, until they get high again anyway. Pot is GREAT in regards to its ability to enhance almost everything. Cigarettes, food, sex, you name it. It's all better "on weed"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BTNa2Wjq9Fw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BTNa2Wjq9Fw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FAX
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
How about, "I don't smoke and I don't want it legalized, but if I did smoke I would want it legalized, but if I didn't smoke and I did want it legalized, I would prefer brownies"?

FAX

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2007, 05:26 PM

I don't like being tired and stupid. It works wonders on lil momma's migrains though.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't like being tired and stupid. It works wonders on lil momma's migrains though.

I like being tired and stupid every once in a while. Not with any more frequency than drinking a few beers though. Certainly not everyday like in my early 20's. It's not for everyone, but is a nice alternative to alcohol. It works great for pain relief, and curing hangovers. Whatever you do though, don't smoke it to cure a tooth ache. LMAO F*ckin horrible. It just accentuates the pain for some reason.

MichaelH
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM

Ditto for me although I would love to be pie eyed after the day I had.

BIG_DADDY
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
That's a different poll that I don't care about.

I see you are very particular about your polls.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I see you are very particular about your polls.

LMAO Racist.

FAX
08-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I notice that, when I smoke pot, my nuts get floppy.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 05:44 PM
I notice that, when I smoke pot, my nuts get floppy.

FAX

Trust me. After years of abuse, even when you quit, they stay that way. Plus God kills a kitten every time your nuts get floppy. They don't teach kids that in school and I think it should be a crime.

Rain Man
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm high on life.

stevieray
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm high on life.

that's why a stoner stole your bike...

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 05:48 PM
that's why a stoner stole your bike...

ROFL LMAO AWESOME!

bogie
08-13-2007, 06:18 PM

I'm one of those (not all's). Honestly, it motivates me to get shit done.

Donger
08-13-2007, 06:23 PM
I've never tried it and never will. I'm fine with it remaining illegal.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I've never tried it and never will. I'm fine with it remaining illegal.

Is that because you don't use? What if they made I don't know, say gas illegal? Would you be okay with it then?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm one of those (not all's). Honestly, it motivates me to get shit done.

That's the weird thing about pot. It affects people in entirely different ways. Psychologists can track what part of your brain is affected by almost every chemical known to man. THC though goes to different parts at different times in different people. It really is wacky tobacky.

QuikSsurfer
08-13-2007, 06:42 PM
It works wonders on lil momma's migrains though.
yup

Donger
08-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Is that because you don't use?

I just don't care about it.

What if they made I don't know, say gas illegal? Would you be okay with it then?

I suppose I would make a choice whether or not I was willing to break the law in order to use it.

Molitoth
08-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Great for new music albums.

Ebolapox
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't smoke marijuana, and probably wouldn't even if it were legal. however, I believe the fact that marijuana is illegal is a farce of our legal system (thanks, textile industry and william randolph hearst!) and that the money we throw away in the 'war on drugs' is even worse than almost any other government dreg project.

88TG88
08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
thats my answer

When i was in HS I was getting high everyday. We were smokin in the boys room as the old song goes. Not so much fun after HS

Mojo Rising
08-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Why was Hearst against it? If they made paper out of it you'd think it would have lowered his cost of production.

Nzoner
08-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Here's a classic that only aired once on the old show FRIDAYS

3 STOOGES GET STONED

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eo-4p8L0jiY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eo-4p8L0jiY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Logical
08-13-2007, 08:27 PM
I am not really represented in this poll as I would like to see it legalized, even though I still would not smoke it.

Extra Point
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM

I've got dibs on the "Service Engine Soon, Man" dash light invention.

Totally agree with FAX on the issue. No deficit upon taxation of it for packaged rec consumption, greener earth. It's a win-win-win deal.

teedubya
08-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Why was Hearst against it? If they made paper out of it you'd think it would have lowered his cost of production.

he had like a bagillion acres of trees in the Northwest. He wanted to use his supply instead of having to buy hemp.

Hearst was a douche.

QuikSsurfer
08-13-2007, 08:32 PM
I am not really represented in this poll as I would like to see it legalized, even though I still would not smoke it.
how old were you when you last got "high"?

PinkFloyd
08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I was given the option to take the 5mlg. tablet of mary-wanna to help with side effects of my MS... I didn't though...

Buehler445
08-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I have asthma. I can't smoke anything.

irishjayhawk
08-13-2007, 08:59 PM
I understand that, but I would be interested in non-smokers' answer to the "Should it be illegal?" question as well. There are likely people who do not smoke, and would not smoke if it were legal, but feel that it should be legal.

Doesn't really matter, though. It's your poll, you can cry if you want to (or something like that).

And that would be my stance.

Rain Man
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Is that because you don't use? What if they made I don't know, say gas illegal? Would you be okay with it then?

Donger huffs gasoline? I knew it.

Logical
08-13-2007, 09:17 PM
how old were you when you last got "high"?I am guessing 27 or 28.

Mojo Rising
08-13-2007, 09:25 PM
he had like a bagillion acres of trees in the Northwest. He wanted to use his supply instead of having to buy hemp.

Hearst was a douche.

I would guess the alcohol industry is against it as well.

Jenson71
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM

Then you would be represented by the fourth option:

I do not smoke marijuana and would still not even if it were legal

chiefbowe82
08-13-2007, 09:49 PM
make drugs illegal
cig illegal
booze illegal
drugs illegal
chew illegal
how do you like me now? :)

The Dude Abides
08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
"Mind if I do a J?"

RJ
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
I do not smoke marijuana because it is illegal and because it makes me even dumber that I usually am.

If it were legal I still would not smoke it because it would still make me dumb.

Having said that, I have no problem with legalization. To each their own and such.

Mr. Kotter
08-13-2007, 10:48 PM
I do not smoke marijuana because it is illegal and because it makes me even dumber that I usually am.

If it were legal I still would not smoke it because it would still make me dumb.

Having said that, I have no problem with legalization. To each their own and such.

Pretty much, my take. :thumb:

Except I'd probably indulge...well, on occasion anyway. :hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 10:57 PM
I just don't care about it.

I suppose I would make a choice whether or not I was willing to break the law in order to use it.

I understand am certainly not trying to draw you into an argument. I am curious though, if you find prohibition laws to be an issue of morals. If they put pot on the ballet for legalization would you vote yes or no? Furthermore, if you voted no, is it simply because you don't use? If that is the case, does it not bother you in the slightest the government telling you not to do things based on some decades old agenda long outdated? I don't know, it just pisses me off having big brother looking over my shoulder regarding things that harm no one but me, and the last part is pretty debatable.

Donger
08-13-2007, 11:03 PM
I understand am certainly not trying to draw you into an argument. I am curious though, if you find prohibition laws to be an issue of morals. If they put pot on the ballet for legalization would you vote yes or no? Furthermore, if you voted no, is it simply because you don't use? If that is the case, does it not bother you in the slightest the government telling you not to do things based on some decades old agenda long outdated? I don't know, it just pisses me off having big brother looking over my shoulder regarding things that harm no one but me, and the last part is pretty debatable.

It's not a moral issue for me. It's a question of stupidity. There are plenty of stupid people out there. Most of them do not require the assistance of dope. I believe that more people would use it if it were legal, and we would have more stupid, doped up people stumbling around.

Therefore, I don't support legalizing it.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 11:07 PM
It's not a moral issue for me. It's a question of stupidity. There are plenty of stupid people out there. Most of them do not require the assistance of dope. I believe that more people would use it if it were legal, and we would have more stupid, doped up people stumbling around.

Fair enough. I was just curious your true take on it. Thanks.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2007, 11:08 PM

I actually think that's the best reason I've heard so far in regards to being against it.

Donger
08-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Fair enough. I was just curious your true take on it. Thanks.

You're welcome.

Mr. Kotter
08-13-2007, 11:29 PM
I actually think that's the best reason I've heard so far in regards to being against it.

That's as fair, and even-handed and common sense exchange....as you'll ever see here, at the Planet. :hmmm:

:clap:

Abba-Dabba
08-13-2007, 11:43 PM

Marijuana isn't spanish, marihuana is though. Mota is the common reference that they use for it though.

Abba-Dabba
08-14-2007, 04:49 AM

It isn't legal in the Netherlands, but how do you explain the Dutch phenomenon concerning soft drugs then? What I mean is, how do you explain their usage and addiction rates of marijuana are lower than ours and they have a free market on it.

Personally, I think toleration takes away the curious factor of it. A generation later after being tolerated there, marijuana just isn't that mysterious of a thing to them anymore. I view it kinda like a kid in a candy store, tell them no, they just want whatever it is even more.

cadmonkey
08-14-2007, 06:21 AM
It isn't legal in the Netherlands, but how do you explain the Dutch phenomenon concerning soft drugs then? What I mean is, how do you explain their usage and addiction rates of marijuana are lower than ours and they have a free market on it.

Personally, I think toleration takes away the curious factor of it. A generation later after being tolerated there, marijuana just isn't that mysterious of a thing to them anymore. I view it kinda like a kid in a candy store, tell them no, they just want whatever it is even more.

much like when we had proabition. People went nuts to get their hands on booze. If Marijuana is made legal it will become no more abused than alcohol, which of course isn't really saying much.

I agree, it won't be nearly as taboo to get high if you can just go to the store and pick up a pack of "smokes"

MOhillbilly
08-14-2007, 07:06 AM
i dont smoke but think it should be legal.

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Then you would be represented by the fourth option:

I do not smoke marijuana and would still not even if it were legal

It was a bad poll dude.

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 09:52 AM
yup

THere is one in particular that works wonders on her migrains called purple urkle. 2 and a half days with a terrible migrain taking every med they have ever given her with no relief. 2 hits off of a pipe and 10 minutes later I get a "that's amazing" I said what. "my headache is completely gone"

Inspector
08-14-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't want anyone telling me what to do to myself.

The ONLY actions I want criminalized are those that hurt other people or their property.

I do not and would not use anything like that but damn sure don't want MY money used to lock up others who would or do.

Jenson71
08-14-2007, 10:27 AM
It was a bad poll dude.

Read the options slowly. Work it out, use paper and pen if you need to. 127 people have figured out a response so far. You'll get there.

Make a poll asking if it was a bad poll. Hmm

tooge
08-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Imagine...with hemp we could all enjoy a longer life with a longer penis.

And really now, lets think about this real "hard", Isn't that what the entire purpose of science and technology is all about. In fact isn't that what life is about. I think you have herein found the secret of life. My new mantra "lets all enjoy a longer life with a longer penis" Amen. Where can I get some weed?

Wile_E_Coyote
08-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't smoke the stuff, but I think keeping it illegal is useless & a waste

BIG_DADDY
08-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Read the options slowly. Work it out, use paper and pen if you need to. 127 people have figured out a response so far. You'll get there.

You have had lots of complaints dude it's not like I am out in left field alone on this one.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-14-2007, 11:25 AM

You should really stop crying about this. People understand that this is not a legality question from you. They want to talk about the legality though, and the option for smoking it but keeping it illegal was du-umb. It doesn't mean you are, you don't have to be butt hurt anymore.

Jenson71
08-14-2007, 11:27 AM
You should really stop crying about this. People understand that this is not a legality question from you. They want to talk about the legality though, and the option for smoking it but keeping it illegal was du-umb. It doesn't mean you are, you don't have to be butt hurt anymore.

I don't care about the poll. But I never pass up the chance to rough it up with Big Daddy.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-14-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't care about the poll. But I never pass up the chance to rough it up with Big Daddy.

Today he seems to the The Olive Garden of Chiefsplanet.

sedated
08-14-2007, 12:09 PM
It's a question of stupidity. There are plenty of stupid people out there. Most of them do not require the assistance of dope. I believe that more people would use it if it were legal, and we would have more stupid, doped up people stumbling around.

because alcohol makes people brain surgeons.

tooge
08-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Although most evidence suggests that weed has some addictive properties, most evidence also suggests that it is much less addictive in nature than alcohol due in part to a "addiction" gene that isn't affected by THC. I feel it should be legal. The taxes would be huge, and I for one would love to take a few puffs before a chiefs game and not feel all bloated. Heck, the chips and snacks industries should be all over legalizing it. Really though, people on dope are usually pretty passive and people on alcohol are usually more agressive. Why not legalize it?

Jilly
08-14-2007, 12:29 PM

FAX

Yay! Something for everyone!!!!!

Inspector
08-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Why not legalize it?

I suspect too many people getting a paycheck is a big part of why we need to keep it illegal.

I've heard about 70% of our crime fighting resourses is wasted..I mean spent on prohibition. That's a lot of jobs, prisons to be built, guards to hire, prosecutors, court reporters, police, etc. etc....

I've have also noticed that, at times, it seems that the ones who want others to be locked up for what they do to themselves often get a paycheck from it or have friends / family who get some bucks from prohibition.

And, as always, JMHO.