View Full Version : Chiefs Holmes not expected to make team

Pages : [1] 2

Hootie
08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Am I always right or what?

Reerun_KC
08-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Nice link and info there detective...

Might want to add something a little more factual?

petegz28
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

I am shocked....SHOCKED I say! I am calling shenanigans...."Shenanigans!!!"

WTF is Lil' Bush when you need him???/

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Nice link and info there detective...

Might want to add something a little more factual?
He's gone all WPI on us.

HemiEd
08-14-2007, 03:37 PM
WTF!!! You are wasting my time! Where the **** is the link!!!11!!! :rolleyes:

Direckshun
08-14-2007, 03:39 PM
You went way the hell out on a limb there, Hootie, predicting a 34-year-old RB with a severe injury history that's been out of the NFL for two years would fail to make a comeback.

Do you think the Colts will have a winning season this year?

Crashride
08-14-2007, 03:40 PM
fail

Hootie
08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
The Kansas City Star doesn't believe Priest Holmes will make the team if Larry Johnson signs.
Holmes hasn't practiced with the team and says he's at least ten days away from being ready to do so. He'll probably suit up for the Chiefs preseason finale, which should be his final time in a Chiefs uniform. The whole comeback has been a bizarre exercise. Holmes probably needs an injury to Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett, or Kolby Smith just for a chance. Aug. 13 - 9:30 pm et
Source: Kansas City Star

StcChief
08-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I'll go with OR WHAT.

Reerun_KC
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Hootie is this you?

http://www.thecinemalaser.com/image_2004/04/ppfc-dvd-i-04.jpg

jeffery
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Kolby Smith sucked in the first game...he seemed a little sluggish, like the speed of the game was to fast...so i think Priest makes it over Kolby

Direckshun
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Kolby Smith sucked in the first game...he seemed a little sluggish, like the speed of the game was to fast...so i think Priest makes it over Kolby
He wasn't sluggish. He decision-making was poor.

Skip Towne
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Enjoy Hootie while we have him. He'll be snatched up as a GM any day now.

ChiefsFire
08-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Werent you quoted as saying Holmes wouldnt take a live snap and if he did you would leave the Planet?

BigRock
08-14-2007, 04:22 PM
The Kansas City Star doesn't believe Priest Holmes will make the team if Larry Johnson signs.
Holmes hasn't practiced with the team and says he's at least ten days away from being ready to do so. He'll probably suit up for the Chiefs preseason finale, which should be his final time in a Chiefs uniform. The whole comeback has been a bizarre exercise. Holmes probably needs an injury to Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett, or Kolby Smith just for a chance. Aug. 13 - 9:30 pm et
Source: Kansas City Star
Get the stone tablets ready, Adam Teicher has made a prediction.

Stewie
08-14-2007, 04:24 PM
He wasn't sluggish. He decision-making was poor.

kcnut, is that you? :)

DenverChief
08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

I swear to god I'll pistol whip the next guy who says shenanigans!

Adept Havelock
08-14-2007, 04:53 PM

shenanigans

Bowser
08-14-2007, 04:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVZnqri0bwI

DenverChief
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM

shenanigans

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDaom-o7Ic4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDaom-o7Ic4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Adept Havelock
08-14-2007, 04:58 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDaom-o7Ic4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lDaom-o7Ic4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ouch! ROFL

Bowser
08-14-2007, 05:04 PM

Depends on what your definition of "right" is.

Bwana
08-14-2007, 05:36 PM

Nope, but you are always a complete douche.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2007, 05:44 PM
they will put him on pup or something ...... this game about the money is still being played.

Bowser
08-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Brodie Croyle doesn't think so.

KC Dan
08-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Keep F'n DOUBTING THE PRIEST!

Hydrae
08-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Keep Kolby as a FB and there is no issue with keeping Priest. If he is really capable of course.

CHIEF4EVER
08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Hootie may not always be right but at least he is a stupid douche. Give him credit.

Hootie
08-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Werent you quoted as saying Holmes wouldnt take a live snap and if he did you would leave the Planet?
I said if he had 20 carries for the Chiefs this year, I'd never post again.

Hootie
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Brodie Croyle doesn't think so.
that's funny...

Croyle looked awful (as did Damon) against the Browns...I still think Huard has JUST as good of a chance to start the season as Croyle.

Maybe CP and Herm realize they have two pretty awful QB's and they might as well give the ball to Huard against the brutal four game stretch we have to start the season.

teedubya
08-14-2007, 10:29 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!

As long as there are no Mike Shanahanigans, Im okay.

Hammock Parties
08-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Croyle looked awful .

He was 5 out of 8. With two drops.

B_Ambuehl
08-14-2007, 10:30 PM
It's hard to get a decent read on any of those backup running backs with them getting hit 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage on every play.

Bob Dole
08-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Oddly enough, if you had not quoted the post, nobody but you would have seen it.

Mojo Rising
08-15-2007, 12:55 AM
If Holmes proves he can take a hit and still poseses 80% of his former self then he is the perfect 3rd down and 2 minute back.

He picks up the blitz very well and is also extremely effective out of the backfield on the swing and screen passes.

Kolby has played FB in the past and has tailback experience. Move him to FB until Holmes or Bennett is out of the picture.

Grigsby has the killer instinct to be a fb but he doesn't have the balance to create the correct leverage points and insticts of where the TB should go and how the fb should lead him there.

Smed1065
08-15-2007, 01:00 AM
If Holmes proves he can take a hit and still poseses 80% of his former self then he is the perfect 3rd down and 2 minute back.

This is the part I have concerns with. I know and remember he came back once with everyone doubting him but twice at his age and minus playing recently?

I hope I eat crow,

and Ph0bia BBQ's it.

el borracho
08-15-2007, 01:00 AM
Grigsby doesn't have the balance? Where did you get that info?

Smed1065
08-15-2007, 01:09 AM
From HBO hard knocks.

He is learning a new position on the other side and should be perfect before the season starts. :)

No one has even witnessed him at game speed or for the last week since we went with no FB last week. I say he was alerted and will improve before week 1.

I did notice this after it was stated but also noticed improvement after it was pointed out in TC.

DenverChief
08-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Oddly enough, if you had not quoted the post, nobody but you would have seen it.

shenanigans

kcxiv
08-15-2007, 03:00 AM
It was Boomers first week in training camp. All that still will get corrected. They already showed at the end of the show he was starting to get the hang of it. It takes time.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 03:55 AM
He throws off his back foot...they need to fix that...he looked hesitant in the pocket.

Just posting what I see...

You're too much of a fanboy at times.

shyguyms
08-15-2007, 05:00 AM

if Priest doesn't make the team Herm should be strung up and beaten

chagrin
08-15-2007, 05:09 AM

Haha, busted - let's see iffen he owns that.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 06:02 AM
He throws off his back foot...they need to fix that...he looked hesitant in the pocket.

Yeah, it's not like he had a left tackle stepping on his feet on every play...

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 06:06 AM

Nope, that's not what Hootie said.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4096612

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 06:08 AM

What's Huard's excuse? He's a 10-year veteran FIGHTING for a job, yet he sucked beyond sucked.

You calling anyone else a fanboy is irony at it's finest.

crazycoffey
08-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Sorry I was late to post in this thread.....

SHUT UP HOOTIE!!!

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:39 AM
What's Huard's excuse? He's a 10-year veteran FIGHTING for a job, yet he sucked beyond sucked.

You calling anyone else a fanboy is irony at it's finest.
Huard sucked last preseason, too...

I SAID Huard looked awful as well...

Which, since they both looked awful, if they continue to look awful, might as well go with Damon and let him take the heat from the fans after the Chiefs start 1-3...then turn over the reins to Brodie...

WHICH IS WHAT I'VE SAID ALL ALONG.

I can't wait until it happens so I can hear you backtrack some more.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Huard sucked last preseason, too...

I SAID Huard looked awful as well...

Which, since they both looked awful, if they continue to look awful, might as well go with Damon and let him take the heat from the fans after the Chiefs start 1-3...then turn over the reins to Brodie...

WHICH IS WHAT I'VE SAID ALL ALONG.

I can't wait until it happens so I can hear you backtrack some more.

Last season, Huard was the backup. He knew he was the backup. He knew he had no chance at the starting job.

What's his excuse THIS YEAR, when he's SUPPOSED to be competing for a starting job? Perhaps he's not actually competing for anything and KNOWS he's going to be the backup, just like he did when he signed a tiny contract prior to the start of free agency.

Why should we go with Damon? The only argument you've ever made is that we need to save Brodie from the FANS. **** the fans. What else does starting Huard accomplish, if we're going to lose those games anyway?

By the way, speaking of backtracking, what happened to Damon WINNING those early games? Now you're resigned that we're gonna lose them even if he DOES start.

You're pathetic.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Last season, Huard was the backup. He knew he was the backup. He knew he had no chance at the starting job.

What's his excuse THIS YEAR, when he's SUPPOSED to be competing for a starting job? Perhaps he's not actually competing for anything and KNOWS he's going to be the backup, just like he did when he signed a tiny contract prior to the start of free agency.

Why should we go with Damon? The only argument you've ever made is that we need to save Brodie from the FANS. **** the fans. What else does starting Huard accomplish, if we're going to lose those games anyway?

By the way, speaking of backtracking, what happened to Damon WINNING those early games? Now you're resigned that we're gonna lose them even if he DOES start.

You're pathetic.
Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yo...

Here you go...

I challenge you to find a post where I said Damon was going to win those first four games.

LMFAO

My whole stance this ENTIRE offseason was LET DAMON START 1-3 and turn over the ship to Brodie when he gets 7 of 9 at Arrowhead.

Go look.

Asshole.

cdcox
08-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Huard doesn't want to be an NFL starter. He's very comfortable being a backup. Why else would he take back up money to remain in KC without even testing the market?

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Huard doesn't want to be an NFL starter. He's very comfortable being a backup. Why else would he take back up money to remain in KC without even testing the market?
I don't give a **** what Huard is...

All I'm saying is, he should start the first four because the Chiefs are going to go 0-4 or 1-3 anyways...

Might as well not **** with the new guys morale...

Young QB's don't progress well when their team is horrible and the fans turn on them.

Friggin' Mike Golic was comparing Charlie Frye's charisma to that of Joe Montana last year.

Say what you want about Croyle but as soon as he starts losing confidence, he's useless to the Chiefs, and we'll really be regretting not drafting Brady Quinn and having to settle for a high QB in next year's draft...

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Here's some post evidence for htismaqe...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164770&page=4&pp=15&highlight=damon+huard

I can find more...I posted the 1-3 thing in SEVERAL threads...

That's the only reason I want Damon starting...failure against our first four is highly likely...why not have the veteran booed rather than the rookie?

Give Croyle the stretch with 7 of 9 at Arrowhead...a little confidence goes a long with for a QB...

The best QB's are the ones like Brady who walk around thinking they have a 10" dick...

Fire Me Boy!
08-15-2007, 07:07 AM
In the new Madden, Holmes is rated at 85 OVR, I think... he's rated 95 as a 3rd down back.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:10 AM
In the new Madden, Holmes is rated at 85 OVR, I think... he's rated 95 as a 3rd down back.
Not on the XBOX version...he's an 82 and an 81 3RB

Fire Me Boy!
08-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Not on the XBOX version...he's an 82 and an 81 3RB
On my 360 he is. The first number might be wrong, but I know he was a 93 3RB.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Some fan Hootie is.

Throw Huard into the fire, knowing he's gonna fail. Let him be the sacrificial lamb and absorb the ire of the fans. Walk all over him and then throw him away to pave the way for the young kid.

How compassionate.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 07:22 AM

ROFL

That's some damn fine backtracking there...

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2007, 07:31 AM
That's the only reason I want Damon starting...failure against our first four is highly likely...why not have the veteran booed rather than the rookie?

This is the lamest reasoning I have ever heard. Your real thinking is let Huard start the first 4 so we go 4-0 and then I will tell everyone "told ya so". Lame

TEX
08-15-2007, 07:32 AM

All I'm saying is, he should start the first four because the Chiefs are going to go 0-4 or 1-3 anyways...

Might as well not **** with the new guys morale...

Young QB's don't progress well when their team is horrible and the fans turn on them.

Friggin' Mike Golic was comparing Charlie Frye's charisma to that of Joe Montana last year.

Say what you want about Croyle but as soon as he starts losing confidence, he's useless to the Chiefs, and we'll really be regretting not drafting Brady Quinn and having to settle for a high QB in next year's draft...

David Carr syndrome?

TEX
08-15-2007, 07:38 AM

Be careful Hootie,
Around here you're toast if you say anything negative about Croyle regardless if you're correct...

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Be careful Hootie,
Around here you're toast if you say anything negative about Croyle regardless if you're correct...

Says the clown who is looking for a reason to be a Texans fan. It is his second year. Probably his first year starting. He is going to make mistakes. I don't think anyone around here has said otherwise. I think most peoples opinions are if you think Croyle is our QBOTF start him and let him LEARN the position. Huard is insurance in case of an injury.

TEX
08-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Says the clown who is looking for a reason to be a Texans fan. It is his second year. Probably his first year starting. He is going to make mistakes. I don't think anyone around here has said otherwise. I think most peoples opinions are if you think Croyle is our QBOTF start him and let him LEARN the position. Huard is insurance in case of an injury.

As expected...What is it with the culture of this bb now where most everyone resorts to name calling right out of the shoot when encountering different opinions? Isn't that what this place is for? For discussing different points of view? I agree that Croyle needs to "LEARN the position." However, I like some others feel that with the OL the way it is with huge ??? at both Tackle positions, learning might be replaced by running for one's life. I'm concerned with ruining the kid that represents the best chance for a legit QBOTF that KC has had in more than 2 decades. That's all. It's just an opinion and it could be wrong.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2007, 08:02 AM
As expected...What is it with the culture of this bb now where most everyone resorts to name calling right out of the shoot when encountering different opinions? Isn't that what this place is for? For discussing different points of view? I agree that Croyle needs to "LEARN the position." However, I like some others feel that with the OL the way it is with huge ??? at both Tackle positions, learning might be replaced by running for one's life. I'm concerned with ruining the kid that represents the best chance for a legit QBOTF that KC has had in more than 2 decades. That's all. It's just an opinion and it could be wrong.

I don't mind discussing other people's points of view. That IS what this/all BB's are about. But in the realm of things, if you root for a team, you should focus more on the positive than the negative. The day I talk about or focus more on the negative, is the day I stop rooting for that team. Watching the Chiefs is supposed to be fun. To me whether they win or lose I enjoy watching them play. Some people(not necessarily pointing the finger at you) ONLY talk about the negative. Why? But then again, I tend to see more positive in life than negatives.

TEX
08-15-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't mind discussing other people's points of view. That IS what this/all BB's are about. But in the realm of things, if you root for a team, you should focus more on the positive than the negative. The day I talk about or focus more on the negative, is the day I stop rooting for that team. Watching the Chiefs is supposed to be fun. To me whether they win or lose I enjoy watching them play. Some people(not necessarily pointing the finger at you) ONLY talk about the negative. Why? But then again, I tend to see more positive in life than negatives.

I hear ya. But what's with the name calling and how is not wanting to ruin Croyle a negative?

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2007, 08:15 AM
I hear ya. But what's with the name calling and how is not wanting to ruin Croyle a negative?

The name calling was in jest. Sorry. But I don't think Croyle playing and sucking is going to ruin him. It didn't ruin Peyton Manning. His team was horrible when he first came in but he played. You only get experience through playing. You can't wait for the stars to align, because it may never happen. Now is Croyle's time.

KC Kings
08-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Yes, but when you have the great WR corps that we have the QB can still manage 5/8 by throwing horrible passes.

TEX
08-15-2007, 09:33 AM
The name calling was in jest. Sorry. But I don't think Croyle playing and sucking is going to ruin him. It didn't ruin Peyton Manning. His team was horrible when he first came in but he played. You only get experience through playing. You can't wait for the stars to align, because it may never happen. Now is Croyle's time.

Yeah. I remember that season. All those picks, but didn't the Colts have a decent OL? I've just seen what a lack of protection can do to a QB recently here in Houston, and I don't want that to happen to Croyle. That's all I'm saying.

jjjayb
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM

Pot, meet kettle.

Reerun_KC
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Pot, meet kettle.

LMAO

HonestChieffan
08-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I have not resorted to name calling in quite some time.

I think y'all are just butts.

So there.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Actually, by my count you actually said Huard WOULD start 116 times since January.

That there is some backtracking.

And don't forget this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3817065&highlight=huard#post3817065

Direckshun
08-15-2007, 11:44 AM
If Croyle can't handle the ire of the fans he's not cut out to be an NFL QB.

Simply Red
08-15-2007, 11:58 AM
BEEN STANDIN' AROUND SUCKING ON MY BIG OL' CHILIDOG!!

Chiefnj2
08-15-2007, 12:07 PM
IMHO, Herm is hoping he doesn't have to make a QB decision. IMHO, Herm would be happy if the decision makes itself - like a minor injury to one of the QB's on Thursday night.

Herm hates making important decisions and having the media focus on his decision. The guy is even reluctant to post a preseason QB depth chart for crying out loud.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2007, 12:08 PM
IMHO, Herm is hoping he doesn't have to make a QB decision. IMHO, Herm would be happy if the decision makes itself - like a minor injury to one of the QB's on Thursday night.

Herm hates making important decisions and having the media focus on his decision. The guy is even reluctant to post a preseason QB depth chart for crying out loud.

Yeah Herm is just waiting for one of his 3 Qb's to go down.
:rolleyes:

Chiefnj2
08-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah Herm is just waiting for one of his 3 Qb's to go down.
:rolleyes:
I don't think he'd be upset at all with a minor injury to one of the two.

Sure-Oz
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I doubt they cut Kolby Smith for holmes, he seems kinda screwed anyway, oh well, ill watch the last pre-season game and see how he does with that shit line.

PastorMikH
08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Nope, that's not what Hootie said.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4096612

Yet another reason to pull for Priest!

C'mon Priest! The Planet needs you!!!

Reerun_KC
08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Yet another reason to pull for Priest!

C'mon Priest! The Planet needs you!!!

Could we be so lucky.... 21 touches for Holmes and Hootie is gone for ever!!!!

PastorMikH
08-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Could we be so lucky.... 21 touches for Holmes and Hootie is gone for ever!!!!

For some reason I think he'd stick around even if Holmes were named starter and became the league MPV this year.

FWIW, Holmes is still probably the best all around back we have. He can't handle the running load anymore like LJ, but he can block and catch - two things LJ struggles with.

Sfeihc
08-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I'll go with OR WHAT.
LMAO

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 02:22 PM
FWIW, Holmes is still probably the best all around back we have..

LOL...that's hilarious.

If Holmes replaced LJ as the starter the dropoff in production would be astronomical.

kcxiv
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I think LJ can catch the ball pretty well. He does struggle at times with the pass blocking, but i also seen some nice blocks by him as well. He's definately improved.

PastorMikH
08-15-2007, 02:32 PM
LOL...that's hilarious.

If Holmes replaced LJ as the starter the dropoff in production would be astronomical.

You are a putz aren't you? I would think that a self-proclaimed football expert as yourself would realize there is more to the RB position than just running the ball. As I stated, he CAN'T handle the running load like LJ, but he is much better at pass blocking and was a lot more consistent catching the ball out of the backfield. Shoot, I'd bet our red-zone production would go up with Priest running in goal-line situations.

the Talking Can
08-15-2007, 02:34 PM
For some reason I think he'd stick around even if Holmes were named starter and became the league MPV this year.

FWIW, Holmes is still probably the best all around back we have. He can't handle the running load anymore like LJ, but he can block and catch - two things LJ struggles with.

Priest Holmes can't even have full contact.

He's the best player we have at running around in shorts.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 02:35 PM
As I stated, he CAN'T handle the running load like LJ, but he is much better at pass blocking and was a lot more consistent catching the ball out of the backfield. .

And as I stated, that's irrelevant. Starting Priest Holmes would be a death knell for the offense. I bet he wouldn't even average 4 YPC.

Chief Faithful
08-15-2007, 02:39 PM

Are you asking if you are right that you don't expect Holmes to make the team? :hmmm:

That doesn't even make sense.

I fully expect Holmes to make the team. I thought Croyles performance in the first preseason game was encouraging. And, I still think the OL is going to be much improved over last season even if Svitek is the starter.

I don't expect how the team looks in the preseason to be an indication of how the team will look in the regular season.

Anyone who likes Huard should understand that preseason is not a true performance indicator for the regular season.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I fully expect Holmes to make the team.

As the fourth halfback?

Hootie
08-15-2007, 03:26 PM

You're an idiot, plain and simple. You must be a serious fanboy to believe this nonsense.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
If Holmes makes the team, it's one less roster spot for one of the young guys...because we'd have to keep 4 tailbacks...makes no sense.

I was, however, very unimpressed with Kolby Smith's vision against the Browns. Ouch.

And even with the hall of fame line Priest ran behind, he never ONCE ran for over 1,700 yards...something LJ has done two seasons in a row...once when he started only 9 games.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 03:30 PM
You're an idiot, plain and simple. You must be a serious fanboy to believe this nonsense.

There are a lot of Priest homers still around here. They think he is god's gift to running backs. Dude should have stayed retired. This whole thing has been a farce. He won't play this year.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 03:31 PM
There are a lot of Priest homers still around here. They think he is god's gift to running backs. Dude should have stayed retired. This whole thing has been a farce. He won't play this year.
Even in his ABSOLUTE prime he wasn't near the running back LJ was...sure, he was a better receiver...but the position is called RUNNING BACK for a reason.

Seriously, how many yards would LJ have rushed for in 2005 had he been the starter from day 1? 2,500?

KurtCobain
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
If Holmes makes the team, it's one less roster spot for one of the young guys...because we'd have to keep 4 tailbacks...makes no sense.

I was, however, very unimpressed with Kolby Smith's vision against the Browns. Ouch.

And even with the hall of fame line Priest ran behind, he never ONCE ran for over 1,700 yards...something LJ has done two seasons in a row...once when he started only 9 games.

Take your pick.

1700 yards and 17 TDs
1400 yards and 27 TDs

I'll take the scores.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Even in his ABSOLUTE prime he wasn't near the running back LJ was...sure, he was a better receiver...but the position is called RUNNING BACK for a reason.

Seriously, how many yards would LJ have rushed for in 2005 had he been the starter from day 1? 2,500?

I bet he would have cracked 2K easy.

People around here have elevated Priest to godhood status but shun LJ at every available opportunity. He's underappreciated. It sickens me.

StcChief
08-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't see Holmes on the 53 unless LJ can't pull the trigger by Game 1.. Wants way more than a non-blocking/catching back deserves.... at this point $20M would have to major improvements in those areas

Time will tell still 2 more weeks of PS games.(after TH) for Priest to get in pads and hit.

KurtCobain
08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
Hootie should go gather Huard and LJ, line himself as reciever and start his own suckass football team so we can criticize his ass.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Take your pick.

1700 yards and 17 TDs
1400 yards and 27 TDs

I'll take the scores.

Yawn.

You conveniently ignored 2005, when LJ scored 21 touchdowns in only nine starts. If LJ had run behind that 2003 line he probably would have shattered Dickerson's single-season rushing record.

Reerun_KC
08-15-2007, 03:37 PM
I think Hootie and GoChiefs just had CyberSex.....

HemiEd
08-15-2007, 03:39 PM

MPV = Multi Purpose Vehicle Mazda Mini Van, you have them JAP cars on your mind. It has become an obsession. :D

HemiEd
08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Shoot, I'd bet our red-zone production would go up with Priest running in goal-line situations.

I agree with you, it certainly dropped off when LJ took over.

beer bacon
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
If Priest proves he can still take a hit, then he is on the team. It is that simple. Carry four RBs and go short somewhere else.

beer bacon
08-15-2007, 03:43 PM

Not really, as it has already been pointed out, LJ was great at scoring TDs in 2005. Our redzone offense dropped off when Roaf retired.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Gotta agree somewhat with Hootie and GC.

LJ is seriously underappreciated compared to all the hype/love Priest Holmes gets around here.

Hootie
Take your pick.

1700 yards and 17 TDs
1400 yards and 27 TDs

I'll take the scores.
Take your pick.

Roaf/Waters/Weigmann/Shields/Tait
Black/Waters/Weigmann/Shields/Sampson

I'll take the best line ever assembled while still in their playing prime.

Reerun_KC
I agree with you, it certainly dropped off when Herm took over.

FYP

Actually it did drop dramatically after Herm arrived... He was more inclined to kick a FG than risk any chance of a Turnover trying to score....

Hammock Parties
If Priest proves he can still take a hit, then he is on the team. It is that simple. Carry four RBs and go short somewhere else.

That's still just wasting a roster spot. Especially since Boomer and Kris Wilson will both make the 53-man and both will be active on gameday.

Skip Towne
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM

People around here have elevated Priest to godhood status but shun LJ at every available opportunity. He's underappreciated. It sickens me.
He's a punk ass bitch. I root for him only on game days.

Reerun_KC
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM

Go Short in WR's..... Not like they are the focal point anyway...

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 03:46 PM
FYP

Actually it did drop dramatically after Herm arrived... He was more inclined to kick a FG than risk any chance of a Turnover trying to score....

The redzone production dropped off in 2005, too. Don't blame Herm for an offense that was already on the decline before he arrived.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
In 2005 - I certainly said TIME AFTER TIME LJ should be the between the 20's back and Priest should finish it off inside the red zone...

But Dicky V and his blind loyalty cost me years of my life throwing temper tantrums at the television while Priest was dancing behind the line for losses or zero gains...

Shit, even against Oakland he had something like 19 yards on 14 carries in the 4th quarter...finally busted a few decent runs and everyone was talking about how "clutch" he was.

Ridiculous the free pass that guy gets on this site. LJ has 10 times more talent than Holmes ever had. Sorry, he does.

Hammock Parties
He's a punk ass bitch. I root for him only on game days.

LJ is consistently the player who stays the longest to sign autographs. Priest and Tony Gonzalez meanwhile couldn't care less. Yeah, LJ is a real punk ass bitch.

Reerun_KC
The redzone production dropped off in 2005, too. Don't blame Herm for an offense that was already on the decline before he arrived.

Fine I will blame you and WPI.....

Doesnt matter to me, I will find someone to blame...

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Ridiculous the free pass that guy gets on this site. LJ has 10 times more talent than Holmes ever had. Sorry, he does.

LJ already broke Priest's single-season rushing record. In two years he'll have his career touchdown record and be the leading rusher in Chiefs history.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Not really, as it has already been pointed out, LJ was great at scoring TDs in 2005. Our redzone offense dropped off when Roaf retired.
The funny thing about Roaf was, when he was out BOTH Green and Priest were totally inefficient and below average players.

Not LJ. In 2005, even without Roaf, LJ was getting 5+ YPC.

I really can't believe no one was totally outraged seeing Priest get 2:1 series over LJ in 2005...the Chiefs were kings of the 3rd and 8 because Priest was "patient" and waited for holes to open that no longer opened without Big Willie...

Skip Towne
08-15-2007, 03:50 PM
LJ is consistently the player who stays the longest to sign autographs. Priest and Tony Gonzalez meanwhile couldn't care less. Yeah, LJ is a real punk ass bitch.
Yeah but he don't play for Penn State no more. You can have him and his attitude.

Reerun_KC
08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Damn dude, 2005 was a long time ago.. Maybe we should be discussion which back should of been taking the majority of the snaps between Okoye, Word and Williams?

Hootie
LJ already broke Priest's single-season rushing record. In two years he'll have his career touchdown record and be the leading rusher in Chiefs history.
It really is RIDICULOUS.

LJ is definitely part of the rap culture, that's for sure...but it just goes to show you how racist people still are to this day.

I mean, really...he's considered a thug yet should be a fan favorite and goes out of his way to accommodate the fans and has said all of the right things (for the most part) the last few seasons...

And then you have Priest spouting off about 'taking the money up for grabs' and 'being a leader' and blah blah blah...

Isn't this the same "leader" who fumbled in our playoff game in 2003...a fumble that might have cost us the game.

Hammock Parties
Actually I should correct that statement. Priest has 94 career touchdowns, which LJ will most likely bust in two years, but Priest scored 73 as a Chief. LJ will break that this year probably.

Priest Holmes: a footnote on LJ's epic ass.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah but he don't play for Penn State no more. You can have him and his attitude.
What's the difference?

He had a temper when he wasn't playing and was pissed off.

Priest is a money grubbing attention whore with ABSOLUTELY no interest in the Kansas City Chiefs, the Lamar Hunt Trophy, or winning a Super Bowl.

Ask Priest, "Would you take 1 million and a Super Bowl with the Chiefs this year or 2 million and a clipboard as backup QB?" ... and he takes option 2 without thinking...and he doesn't even play QB.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry, I guess Priest scored 83 as a Chief. Make it two years, then.

LJ is absolutely going to bury Priest in the Chiefs record book. They're gonna have to add in a whole new section for Larry when he retires.

Reerun_KC
08-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Ask Priest, "Would you take 1 million and a Super Bowl with the Chiefs this year or 2 million and a clipboard as backup QB?" ... and he takes option 2 without thinking...and he doesn't even play QB.

Dude who wouldnt... Hell I wouldnt care if I was the 3rd or 4th string punter as long as the checks didnt bouce and my jersey didnt get dirty...

It doesnt matter if you are winning or losing, it only matters how good you look while you are winning or losing.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:03 PM
In other news...

I bought an Authentic LJ jersey on Ebay for 24.99 (35 with shipping) and I was a bit skeptical because of the low price but it is real (at least looks it) and awesome.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 04:04 PM
In other news...

I bought an Authentic LJ jersey on Ebay for 24.99 (35 with shipping) and I was a bit skeptical because of the low price but it is real (at least looks it) and awesome.

I'm still waiting for LJ to sign long term. Then I'm going to get mine. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7598/cloud9ii9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm still waiting for LJ to sign long term. Then I'm going to get mine. http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7598/cloud9ii9.gif (http://imageshack.us)
dude...35 bucks...with shipping...that's a friggin' BARGAIN.

I'm sure there are still more on there...

I got it today, it's awesome...I'm wearing it as I type.

Adept Havelock
Sorry, I guess Priest scored 83 as a Chief. Make it two years, then.

LJ is absolutely going to bury Priest in the Chiefs record book. They're gonna have to add in a whole new section for Larry when he retires.

If we keep him past this year, perhaps he will. :Poke:

Hammock Parties
dude...35 bucks...with shipping...that's a friggin' BARGAIN.

I'm sure there are still more on there...

I got it today, it's awesome...I'm wearing it as I type.

Take some pictures...got a link?

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Take some pictures...got a link?
I don't have a cam...

I'll go find a link for the one I got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110156609714&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

I got a 48 because I don't like huge, baggy jerseys.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:10 PM
You'll appreciate my ebay name, too =)

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Nice batting cage. What are you doing reading Pete Rose books?

boogblaster
08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Go Larry....hope Priest makes it too .....

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Nice batting cage. What are you doing reading Pete Rose books?
The batting cage was for my friends dad who coaches baseball...

And I'm reading his autobiography...he's a pretty interesting guy.

penchief
08-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't think he'd be upset at all with a minor injury to one of the two.

That's the kind of speculation that exposes hidden feelings. You don't care much for Herm, do you? That's okay, but thinking that Herm (or any other coach) could serve his own selfish agenda by hoping one of the most important pieces to his own success would get injured, is not very reasonable, IMO.

I just think he wants one of the two to step up and take the job.

GoHuge
08-15-2007, 04:17 PM
And as I stated, that's irrelevant. Starting Priest Holmes would be a death knell for the offense. I bet he wouldn't even average 4 YPC.I bet LJ won't either. Not with this team.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I bet LJ won't either. Not with this team.
Oh, that makes sense...

He averaged 4.3 YPC last year behind a worse line...

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Hahhaahahahaha, I just hit sticked Hester with Will Poole and Scanlon picked it up and ran it back for a TD against the Bears week 2 in my first Madden franchise.

penchief
08-15-2007, 04:20 PM

I really tire of hearing that LJ can't catch. He just has to be more than an afterthought. If Solari decided he wanted to pass the ball to LJ more it would be okay.

I'll agree that he's no Michael Irvin but a running back shouldn't have to stretch for a ball. That's bad quarterback play.

He never had the rap for not catching the ball well at Penn State. The bottom line is that you have to hit him quick and you have to put in the vicinity. Because when he catches that ball with enough time to read the open field and pick up steam, watch the hell out.

bringbackmarty
08-15-2007, 04:21 PM
you two guys need to shut the **** up.
It's simple really, we go short on quarterbacks. 2 qb, 3 rb, 2 fb, 6 wr, 3 te, 4 t, 4 g, 2c, 1k, 1p, 5 cb, 4 S, 6 lb, 9 dl, 1 ls
printers sucks anyways put him on ps. There are a bunch of ways to do it. If herm feels we need him and smith he'll make room for both.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:22 PM
you two guys need to shut the **** up.
It's simple really, we go short on quarterbacks. 2 qb, 3 rb, 2 fb, 6 wr, 3 te, 4 t, 4 g, 2c, 1k, 1p, 5 cb, 4 S, 6 lb, 9 dl, 1 ls
printers sucks anyways put him on ps. There are a bunch of ways to do it. If herm feels we need him and smith he'll make room for both.
we'd have to go 4 RB's

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh, that makes sense...

He averaged 4.3 YPC last year behind a worse line...

I've been trying to tell people this ALL OFFSEASON.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I really tire of hearing that LJ can't catch.

Yep. It's fuggin stupid.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Just through a pick 6 with Croyle GD

Baby Lee
08-15-2007, 04:27 PM

1. You're the one ignoring what Priest HAS done while pimping what LJ MIGHT HAVE done, but has NOT done. Who's building a golden calf again?

2. Speaking only for myself, I'm rooting for BOTH LJ and Priest to turn heads. Why? Because they're KC Chiefs.

tk13
08-15-2007, 04:28 PM
I don't have a cam...

I'll go find a link for the one I got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110156609714&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=001

I got a 48 because I don't like huge, baggy jerseys.
For what you paid for it it's not a bad deal or anything, enjoy it. But I wouldn't go around propping that up as an authentic. The number 7 doesn't look right, and neither does the stitching on the white letters really.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
For what you paid for it it's not a bad deal or anything, enjoy it. But I wouldn't go around propping that up as an authentic. The number 7 doesn't look right, and neither does the stitching on the white letters really.
I assume it is fake for the price I paid...but I'm pretty stoked, nonetheless.

Bowser
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
I didn't think authentic jersies were made of mesh? Aren't those just the replicas?

And tk's right. The numbers don't look right.

Baby Lee
That's the kind of speculation that exposes hidden feelings. You don't care much for Herm, do you?
I think the nj in his name reveals all that need be revealed.

Bowser
I assume it is fake for the price I paid...but I'm pretty stoked, nonetheless.

Hell, that was a good price, even if it is just a replica.

KcMizzou
08-15-2007, 04:33 PM
2. Speaking only for myself, I'm rooting for BOTH LJ and Priest to turn heads. Why? Because they're KC Chiefs.Amen.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Hell, that was a good price, even if it is just a replica.
I have a replica, too...and this one is polyester mesh. Definite difference. Don't know what a real replica consists of...but I assume they are polyester mesh, too.

penchief
08-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I think the nj in his name reveals all that need be revealed.

I didn't think of that but probably very true.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:01 PM
In 2005 - I certainly said TIME AFTER TIME LJ should be the between the 20's back and Priest should finish it off inside the red zone...

But Dicky V and his blind loyalty cost me years of my life throwing temper tantrums at the television while Priest was dancing behind the line for losses or zero gains...

Shit, even against Oakland he had something like 19 yards on 14 carries in the 4th quarter...finally busted a few decent runs and everyone was talking about how "clutch" he was.

Holmes had 10 times the work ethic, which evens it out alot.

If LJ had half of Holmes' drive, he'd be the best ever...

Bowser
08-15-2007, 05:02 PM

But he's been working out with Brady Quinn in Arizona!

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not get this twisted. LJ has been working his ASS off this offseason.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Are you kidding?

I'd say LJ works pretty damn hard to keep himself in playing shape...

I've heard a lot of things about LJ, but I've always been under the impression he has a terrific work ethic. He might not pay attention in "class", but the dude works hard. For sure.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Are you kidding?

I'd say LJ works pretty damn hard to keep himself in playing shape...

I've heard a lot of things about LJ, but I've always been under the impression he has a terrific work ethic. He might not pay attention in "class", but the dude works hard. For sure.

LJ works hard physically to STAY in shape.

He doesn't work at the mental aspect, the part that's "boring", and thus he never gets any better at the parts of the game that would springboard him from "great" to "legendary".

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. Let's not get this twisted. LJ has been working his ASS off this offseason.

Lifting weights and running <> studying film and working on technique

There's a reason Peyton Manning is one of the best ever. Larry has SICK talent, the kind that could put him up there with Brown, Payton, and Sanders. The problem is that Larry isn't dedicated to the "academics" of football the way those guys are. If he'd actually apply himself, instead of trying to just get by on his physical gifts, he could be one of, if not THE, most dominant back ever.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 05:08 PM
LJ works hard physically to STAY in shape.

He doesn't work at the mental aspect, the part that's "boring", and thus he never gets any better at the parts of the game that would springboard him from "great" to "legendary".
I don't know about that...

He had some drops this past year, ok...but his blocking DID improve, but everyone was so fixated on that topic that any slight mishap from a blocking standpoint and we all had animated .gif's of his **** up.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't know about that...

He had some drops this past year, ok...but his blocking DID improve, but everyone was so fixated on that topic that any slight mishap from a blocking standpoint and we all had animated .gif's of his **** up.

I never saw his blocking improve. In fact, I saw an offense that reluctantly started to substitute for him instead of expecting more out of him...

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 05:11 PM
How do we even know what LJ does in the classroom? Just because JoPo isn't slobbing his knob with columns about chess and bullshit doesn't mean he isn't studying film.

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
How do we even know what LJ does in the classroom? Just because JoPo isn't slobbing his knob with columns about chess and bullshit doesn't mean he isn't studying film.

Good Lord dude. We have confirmed reports that he text messages friends during film sessions.

I'm not busting on LJ, I just wish he'd work to realize his full potential.

tk13
08-15-2007, 05:12 PM
This is always a silly argument... both guys were insanely talented, just in different ways. LJ is a punishing runner with great speed for his size. Priest never had the true breakway speed, but his quickness within 8-10 yards was incredible. I don't think there was another person in the NFL who was able to do the things either one of them do when they dominated.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Good Lord dude. We have confirmed reports that he text messages friends during film sessions.

THREE YEARS AGO.

FAX
08-15-2007, 05:17 PM
LJ is a big baby-man. He hates white people. He doesn't make an effort for the ball unless it's passed directly into his hands. He wants to text his homies instead of learn plays. And, the only pick-up blocks that garner his interest are the ones where the hos hang out.

So there.

FAX

tk13
08-15-2007, 05:18 PM
What does LJ think about Goofy, Mr. Fax?

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
THREE YEARS AGO.

It still happened.

And there's other reports about it to. Mitch Holthus just mentioned last week that he still won't work on the things that aren't "flashy".

He's like an NBA basketball player, he'd rather work on his behind-the-back dunk than his bounce pass.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 05:23 PM
It still happened.

And there's other reports about it to. Mitch Holthus just mentioned last week that he still won't work on the things that aren't "flashy".

He's like an NBA basketball player, he'd rather work on his behind-the-back dunk than his bounce pass.
There's nothing FLASHY about LJ...

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:25 PM
There's nothing FLASHY about LJ...

You know what he meant...he's not talking about trick plays...

FAX
08-15-2007, 05:28 PM
What does LJ think about Goofy, Mr. Fax?

I think he probably feels some resentment towards Goofy, Mr. tk13.

Goofy got a big contract without having to hold out and has never been charged with banging Clarabelle upside the head in a bar. Plus, Goofy has that upright running style, a better lean, and is a scoring machine. Once, he put up 42 for his team and 35 for the opponents.

I think LJ knows he's not qualified to carry Goofy's briefcase.

FAX

Hootie
08-15-2007, 05:28 PM
You know what he meant...he's not talking about trick plays...
Yeah, yeah...

I think people just like to bash LJ...

I'll again take up back to 2005 when Priest was averaging like, 3.4 YPC (to LJ's 5.3)...

If it was the other way around, someone in KC would've assassinated LJ for SUCKING so badly... but when Priest sucked, free pass...hell, people STILL think he should be the Chiefs starting running back. It's god damn ridiculous. It embarrasses me as a Chiefs fan.

FAX
08-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Comes with the territory, Mr. Hootie.

Being a Chiefs fan and being embarrassed are sort of synonymous.

FAX

htismaqe
08-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, yeah...

I think people just like to bash LJ...

I'll again take up back to 2005 when Priest was averaging like, 3.4 YPC (to LJ's 5.3)...

If it was the other way around, someone in KC would've assassinated LJ for SUCKING so badly... but when Priest sucked, free pass...hell, people STILL think he should be the Chiefs starting running back. It's god damn ridiculous. It embarrasses me as a Chiefs fan.

You think Mitch Holthus just likes to bash LJ?

In this case, LJ deserves the bashing. He only wants to do the glory stuff, without the guts.

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:13 PM
LJ is a big baby-man. He hates white people. He doesn't make an effort for the ball unless it's passed directly into his hands. He wants to text his homies instead of learn plays. And, the only pick-up blocks that garner his interest are the ones where the hos hang out.

So there.

FAXQuoted for Truth, not just sarcasm.

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Lifting weights and running <> studying film and working on technique

There's a reason Peyton Manning is one of the best ever. Larry has SICK talent, the kind that could put him up there with Brown, Payton, and Sanders. The problem is that Larry isn't dedicated to the "academics" of football the way those guys are. If he'd actually apply himself, instead of trying to just get by on his physical gifts, he could be one of, if not THE, most dominant back ever.

Or as DV said, if he would "take the diaper off".

Skip Towne
08-15-2007, 06:17 PM

So there.

FAX
LJ was raised in the ghetto. You white people just don't understand him.

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:21 PM
1. You're the one ignoring what Priest HAS done while pimping what LJ MIGHT HAVE done, but has NOT done. Who's building a golden calf again?

2. Speaking only for myself, I'm rooting for BOTH LJ and Priest to turn heads. Why? Because they're KC Chiefs.

Amen brother, preach it.

Adept Havelock
08-15-2007, 06:24 PM

Once again BL cuts right through the BS. :clap:

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Actually I should correct that statement. Priest has 94 career touchdowns, which LJ will most likely bust in two years, but Priest scored 73 as a Chief. LJ will break that this year probably.

Priest Holmes: a footnote on LJ's epic ass.When LJ holds the Chiefs record for TDs in a single season, then talk to me. Otherwise shove your talk of epic records.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:33 PM
When LJ holds the Chiefs record for TDs in a single season, then talk to me. Otherwise shove your talk of epic records.

A single-season record is nice, but I'd rather have a guy who consistently scores 20 TDs every year.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:33 PM
When LJ holds the Chiefs record for TDs in a single season, then talk to me. Otherwise shove your talk of epic records.
He had 21 TD's and started only 9 games in 2005...that's pretty close to 27...

He has a barrage of records for the Chiefs that Holmes doesn't have...and Holmes has a few that LJ doesn't have...

How about this...

When Priest can carry the ball 419 times in one season without getting injured, then talk to me. Otherwise shove your talk of epic records.

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:35 PM
He had 21 TD's and started only 9 games in 2005...that's pretty close to 27...

He has a barrage of records for the Chiefs that Holmes doesn't have...and Holmes has a few that LJ doesn't have...

How about this...

When Priest can carry the ball 419 times in one season without getting injured, then talk to me. Otherwise shove your talk of epic records.Frankly I am not proud of the fact we made LJ carry the rock 419 times in fact I am ashamed of that fact. It is the ultimate portrait of Herm and Solari's failures as coaches.

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:37 PM
A single-season record is nice, but I'd rather have a guy who consistently scores 20 TDs every year.I believe this is your method of backing down and saving face, anybody else and I might let it go, but not with you.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Frankly I am not proud of the fact we made LJ carry the rock 419 times in fact I am ashamed of that fact. It is the ultimate portrait of Herm and Solari's failures as coaches.
The fact that LJ was able to do it without slowing down is a testament to how good and durable he really is...

I'll take durable LJ over 2003 Priest any day of the week...

The only time I'd even consider Priest over LJ was pre-hip injury 2002.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:38 PM
but of course pre-hip injury 2002 was the only time Priest ever averaged over 5 YPC with the Chiefs, and he had a healthy Roaf/Shields/Waters/Tait and Weigmann when they were all still in their optimum playing primes.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:38 PM
I believe this is your method of backing down and saving face, anybody else and I might let it go, but not with you.

LOL. Hardly. One great season is awesome, but doing it consistently for seven or eight years is more important.

Hell LJ just might break it anyway. Then what will you say?

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Frankly I am not proud of the fact we made LJ carry the rock 419 times in fact I am ashamed of that fact. It is the ultimate portrait of Herm and Solari's failures as coaches.

How many carries would you have given LJ last year?

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
The fact that LJ was able to do it without slowing down is a testament to how good and durable he really is...

I'll take durable LJ over 2003 Priest any day of the week...

The only time I'd even consider Priest over LJ was pre-hip injury 2002.

Talk to me when LJ has three straight years of 2000+ total yards rushing/receiving

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:45 PM
LOL. Hardly. One great season is awesome, but doing it consistently for seven or eight years is more important.

Hell LJ just might break it anyway. Then what will you say?We can talk when LJ breaks it until then I have nothing I need to say.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Talk to me when LJ has three straight years of 2000+ total yards rushing/receiving

LMAO

So, this time next year?

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:46 PM
How many carries would you have given LJ last year?

Ideally not more than 320

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Ideally not more than 320

And the other 100?

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:48 PM
LMAO

So, this time next year?If he does it, remember we have a bet about LJ getting injured and missing games, not to mention he may hold out for as many as 10 games.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I'd love to see LJ get 320 and Bennett get 100...I think Bennett is super underrated...he could be a starter in a lot of places IMHO. All he has to do is stay healthy...(that's the tricky part).

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:50 PM
And the other 100?Ideally they go as receptions to WRs or TEs or more carries for the alternate RBs for maybe 90 total more running plays beyond the 320 at most.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Ideally they go as receptions to WRs or TEs or more carries for the alternate RBs for maybe 90 total more running plays beyond the 320 at most.

OK, so 90 more running plays. Who gets those carries?

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I'd love to see LJ get 320 and Bennett get 100...I think Bennett is super underrated...he could be a starter in a lot of places IMHO. All he has to do is stay healthy...(that's the tricky part).Truthfully with this god awful line it is not going to matter, no one is going to do well for the season average wise playing behind it.

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
OK, so 90 more running plays. Who gets those carries?This year or last?

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:52 PM
This year or last?

Last year, obviously. Who would you have split the 90 carries between?

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Last year, obviously. Who would you have split the 90 carries between?Last year Saunders would have thrown the ball more and their would not have been a need for 90 carries. That would have been my choice as O-coordinator as well.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Last year Saunders would have thrown the ball more and their would not have been a need for 90 carries. That would have been my choice as O-coordinator as well.

That's great. But you already stated you would have given more carries to other running backs. Who would you have handed the ball to?

Logical
08-15-2007, 06:56 PM
That's great. But you already stated you would have given more carries to other running backs. Who would you have handed the ball to?

When not injured I would have given more carries to Bennett.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 06:57 PM
When not injured I would have given more carries to Bennett.

Obviously Bennett was hurt, so that doesn't fly. He wasn't available to take carries.

Who else?

Hootie
08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Truthfully with this god awful line it is not going to matter, no one is going to do well for the season average wise playing behind it.
what's the difference between the line this year and the line last year? Other than the fact we have better tackles...

Don't say anything about Will Shields, either...because he was subpar at best last year.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Obviously Bennett was hurt, so that doesn't fly. He wasn't available to take carries.

Who else?
Not Dee Brown...I saw enough of that guy for the rest of my life after his two carries, two fumbles performance at Arizona inside the 5 with the game on the line.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:01 PM
what's the difference between the line this year and the line last year? Other than the fact we have better tackles...

Don't say anything about Will Shields, either...because he was subpar at best last year.

A subpar Will Shields is better than Wellbourn.

Our tackles this year are not any better and I have said that from the start. I am not backing off my statement. This line is not as good as last years line.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM

Who else?Bennett could have had a lot more carries in the games he was not hurt. Please play again.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Ha!

And Welbourn was an above average guard in Philadelphia...

We had him playing out of position since his arrival in KC.

Terry, well the jury is out on that guy, but from what I hear, McIntosh is pretty good.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Bennett could have had a lot more carries in the games he was not hurt. Please play again.

Actually, no, not really. The Chiefs were obviously concerned about getting him hurt again. He was nicked up all year.

So, who else?

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Not Dee Brown...I saw enough of that guy for the rest of my life after his two carries, two fumbles performance at Arizona inside the 5 with the game on the line.

Now hold off there, Hootie. If Logical wants to hand the ball to Dee Brown, that's his right. Let's see what he says.

Logical
Bennett played in 11 games and had 36 carries, he should have had at least 66 carries in those 11 games probably more like 88.

tk13
Haha, great thread. The two guys who have been beating the daylights out of the drum saying "screw Priest, he could never help us".... now arguing that LJ should get 400+ carries a year because we don't have a capable backup. Great stuff.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I never had a problem with TR getting a few carries, but of course CP couldn't afford the 2 year 4 million a team leader was asking for...

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Bennett played in 11 games and had 36 carries, he should have had at least 66 carries in those 11 games probably more like 88.

No way. He couldn't take that kind of work last year. He was in and out of the training room all year long.

So, who else?

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Haha, great thread. The two guys who have been beating the daylights out of the drum saying "screw Priest".... now arguing that LJ should get 400+ carries a year because we don't have a capable backup. Great stuff.
Hey, hey hey...

Hold on...

I said NOT TWO PAGES AGO that I thought Michael Bennett was underrated and wouldn't mind seeing him get 100 carries this year.

Selective reading?

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Haha, great thread. The two guys who have been beating the daylights out of the drum saying "screw Priest, he could never help us".... now arguing that LJ should get 400+ carries a year because we don't have a capable backup. Great stuff.

I think you better read the thread again. I don't want LJ to get 400 carries ever again.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:07 PM
and GC is arguing that we had no one else to give the ball to last year, which is why LJ had over 400 carries, which he is implying wasn't Herm's fault...

He never said he wanted LJ to get 400+ carries this year.

For usually being the voice of reason in every thread tk, you were far off on that one.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Ha!

And Welbourn was an above average guard in Philadelphia...

We had him playing out of position since his arrival in KC.

Terry, well the jury is out on that guy, but from what I hear, McIntosh is pretty good.

Uh, no he was not, above average guards make Pro Bowls, Welbourne is not even close to that caliber. Hell Philly gave him his unconditional release at one point then took him back.

McIntosh ain't shit.

tk13
08-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I need to read the thread again? You guys are sitting here arguing with Logical in clear view of everyone, saying that LJ had to get that many carries because the only capable backup we had couldn't stay healthy. What happens if Bennett gets hurt again? He has a good history of getting nicked up.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:11 PM
No way. He couldn't take that kind of work last year. He was in and out of the training room all year long.

So, who else?

You are making this your game and I am not playing, I said more carries for Michael Bennett and then the rest to go as passes instead of running plays. No matter how many more MBennett gets.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:11 PM
I need to read the thread again? You guys are sitting here arguing with Logical in clear view of everyone, saying that LJ had to get that many carries because the only capable backup we had couldn't stay healthy. What happens if Bennett gets hurt again? He has a good history of getting nicked up.
I didn't say shit...

I said LJ getting 419 carries was a true sign of how good and durable he really is.

I never said it was a good thing, or a bad thing...I was just complimenting LJ's durability.

If LJ gets a contract extension, and our only chance of a Super Bowl hinges on LJ getting 420+ carries this season, hell yeah, bring it on...run him until his legs fall off...

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I need to read the thread again? You guys are sitting here arguing with Logical in clear view of everyone, saying that LJ had to get that many carries because the only capable backup we had couldn't stay healthy. What happens if Bennett gets hurt again? He has a good history of getting nicked up.I am sure they are enthralled with the rookie who has proven absolutely nothing other than he hesitates when handed the ball in a real game.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:14 PM
You are making this your game and I am not playing, I said more carries for Michael Bennett and then the rest to go as passes instead of running plays. No matter how many more MBennett gets.

Michael Bennett was not AVAILABLE to take more carries.

Throwing more passes was a recipe for DISASTER last year.

The Chiefs had NO OTHER OPTION, unless you REALLY want to hand the ball to Dee Brown, which is ALSO a recipe for disaster.

And if you don't believe me, listen to HERM:

“I got dealt some cards early where all of a sudden Michael Bennett was hurt. I didn’t really have another runner, to be quite honest. I’m looking at one guy, but I’m not going to stop running because I’ve only got one runner. I turned around and just kept giving it to him because my mindset was, I’ve got to protect the defense. I also had to protect a quarterback that hadn’t started a game in five years.”

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:14 PM
and besides, dating back to the Green/Huard fiasco, I'm sorry that I'm a realist and call things how I see them...

Green sucked last year, Holmes was overrated. As a Chiefs fan, that's how I see/saw things...

Some of the blind loyalty people on this board show I find ridiculous, but I'm not saying it's a bad thing...some people are fans of the players and fans of their favorites, I'm a fan of WINNING and since even the best players are only around 3-5 years for the most part, at best, I have ZERO player loyalty...

I've had my Green jersey, my Holmes jersey, and even my Dante Hall jersey...but those always get traded in for the next new thing.

This isn't baseball, guys don't play twenty years.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
What happens if Bennett gets hurt again? He has a good history of getting nicked up.

Fortunately we have Kolby Smith, Marcus O'Keith, Derrick Ross...hell maybe even Priest.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I am sure they are enthralled with the rookie who has proven absolutely nothing other than he hesitates when handed the ball in a real game.
Already stated in a different thread that Kolby Smith showed one thing against Cleveland...he has absolutely ZERO field vision whatsoever.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Michael Bennett was not AVAILABLE to take more carries.

Throwing more passes was a recipe for DISASTER last year.

The Chiefs had NO OTHER OPTION, unless you REALLY want to hand the ball to Dee Brown, which is ALSO a recipe for disaster.

And if you don't believe me, listen to HERM:Why on earth would I listen to Herm, give me DV or Al Saunders opinion then I will listen. I have no respect at all for Herm when it comes to offense.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:16 PM
and if Logical really wanted Green to throw the ball last year...with Jordan Black protecting his blindside...wow.

Everytime Green dropped back I figured a sack, fumble, INT or some ridiculous underthrow was on its way.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Already stated in a different thread that Kolby Smith showed one thing against Cleveland...he has absolutely ZERO field vision whatsoever.

Be patient. The dude was fantastic in training camp. He had a bad game but he really is fun to watch.

Hootie
Why on earth would I listen to Herm, give me DV or Al Saunders opinion then I will listen. I have no respect at all for Herm when it comes to offense.
and neither do a lot of us...

But Herm has a passing grade, pretty easily, so far in my book.

Hammock Parties
Why on earth would I listen to Herm, give me DV or Al Saunders opinion then I will listen. I have no respect at all for Herm when it comes to offense.

Uhhhh...OK.

Herm went on to say there was no way LJ would carry it 400 times this year. Why? Because obviously, we have some other options.

Logical
Fortunately we have Kolby Smith, Marcus O'Keith, Derrick Ross...hell maybe even Priest.I will take Priest at post injury level any day over those other three.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:19 PM
and neither do a lot of us...

But Herm has a passing grade, pretty easily, so far in my book.ROFLROFLROFL

All because he fluked his way into the playoffs we did not deserve then made the team look like a joke against Indy.

Hammock Parties
I will take Priest at post injury level any day over those other three.

So far Priest doesn't even want to touch another football player. I doubt he plays this year.

Hootie
I will take Priest at post injury level any day over those other three.
Yeah...

on name alone.

I'd take Phil Nevin over Ryan Braun at the start of baseball season, too...

tk13
08-15-2007, 07:20 PM
If you think we have another RB who's gonna be the next "Ryan Braun" we should've traded LJ months ago.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:20 PM
So far Priest doesn't even want to touch another football player. I doubt he plays this year.Priest has always been smart and did not want contact before he was ready. I trust his instincts. It is not like we don't know what his moves are and that he does not know how to learn an offense.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:21 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

All because he fluked his way into the playoffs we did not deserve then made the team look like a joke against Indy.
No, because he's drafted guys like Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page and has put together a defense that looks to have a chance to be very potent...

If our QB doesn't **** things up and our offense doesn't score points for the other team, we could easily be a lot better than we were last year - and we were a playoff team.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:21 PM
If you think we have another RB who's gonna be the next "Ryan Braun" we should've traded LJ months ago.I agree with tk13.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
If you think we have another RB who's gonna be the next "Ryan Braun" we should've traded LJ months ago.
Well Ryan Braun was a bad example...

but keeping Priest means either cutting Kolby Smith or keeping four running backs (which is ridiculous since Priest wouldn't be on special teams)...

FAX
Mr. Logical = 10
Mr. GoChiefs = 2
Mr. Hootie = 3

Mr. Hootie making a comeback, Mr. GoChiefs lagging behind but still strong down the stretch!

What a contest!!!

FAX

Hootie
I agree with tk13.
Of course you do...

and you probably don't even know who Ryan Braun is...

You just agree with everything that goes against GC.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Priest has always been smart and did not want contact before he was ready. I trust his instincts. It is not like we don't know what his moves are and that he does not know how to learn an offense.
He didn't want another contract? He's been collecting paychecks for two years and hasn't been on the sidelines or had anything to do with the team.

If LJ did something like this, I can only imagine the reaction most would have regarding the "thug."

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:24 PM
No, because he's drafted guys like Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page and has put together a defense that looks to have a chance to be very potent...

If our QB doesn't **** things up and our offense doesn't score points for the other team, we could easily be a lot better than we were last year - and we were a playoff team.May I point out Page and Pollard have not done shit yet in regular season work at safety. They are great special teams players so far. Lets wait to judge them until they have some time at starting safeties. I donl't see that he has been successful yet on D tackle either, the jury is out there as well. All in all we still may have a middle of the pack defense.

FAX
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Mr. tk13 = 8
Mr. Logical = 10
Mr. GoChiefs = 2
Mr. Hootie = 4

Mr. tk13 with a powerful point! Mr. Hootie reaching down deep for obscure references!! Mr. GoChiefs still struggling to make sense!!

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-15-2007, 07:26 PM
May I point out Page and Pollard have not done shit yet in regular season work at safety.

WRONG.

Page had three interceptions in the regular season last year and picked off Manning in the playoffs.

Jarrad Page is THE reason we shut down Antonio Gates last year.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
May I point out Page and Pollard have not done shit yet in regular season work at safety. They are great special teams players so far. Lets wait to judge them until they have some time at starting safeties. I donl't see that he has been successful yet on D tackle either, the jury is out there as well. All in all we still may have a middle of the pack defense.
I think our defense will be elite this year...

I've told all of my friends (not Chiefs fans), and they laugh (because they don't know)...

We have three PERFECT LB's for Herm's system.

Allen and Hali are awesome...our only weak spot is our DT position (and we drafted two guys and brought in Boone)...

I think Pollard has all-pro written all over him. He was a force on special teams and reminds me of Ian Gold when he first burst onto the scenes years ago for the Broncos blocking a punt on Monday Night Football...I thought that guy was going to be awesome.

I think Pollard is a playmaker and Page is steady and disciplined. ESPN Insider named his as one of the most underrated safeties in the NFL from a year ago...

and we have two very experienced CB's, and we can use Page as our nickel and bring in Wesley on passing downs if we wanted to.

Logical
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Of course you do...

and you probably don't even know who Ryan Braun is...

You just agree with everything that goes against GC.I don't know who the rookie of the year candidate in the NL is? Hell he is from just around the corner in Mission Hills Ca. Plays for the Brewers at third base.

Hootie
08-15-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't know who the rookie of the year candidate in the NL is? Hell he is from just around the corner in Mission Hills Ca. Plays for the Brewers at third base.
And all three of my first place fantasy baseball teams!!

FAX
Mr. tk13 = 8
Mr. Logical = 14
Mr. GoChiefs = 3
Mr. Hootie = 7

Mr. Hootie shifts to defense!!! Mr. GoChiefs recalls exact plays!!! Mr. Logical understands obscure reference!!!

FAX

Logical
WRONG.

Page had three interceptions in the regular season last year and picked off Manning in the playoffs.

Jarrad Page is THE reason we shut down Antonio Gates last year.:rolleyes:

Did either one start?

Has either proven they can start?

Get back to me after they prove they are starter quality.