PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching the Bronx is Burning?

ChiefsCountry
08-14-2007, 10:45 PM
It has some great video footage from the Royals playoff games against the Yankees.

Buck
08-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Damnit, the new episode was on tonight.

I always miss that shit.

Demonpenz
08-14-2007, 10:59 PM
that was good umpiring not to throw nettles and brett out of that game.

Frazod
08-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I've watched a few minutes of it here and there, which is about all I can stand. If Turturro is doing this show for free he's getting paid too much. And who would have ever thought Oliver Platt could portray an unlikeable character? What a steaming pile of shit. F#ck this show and the Yankmees. 4321

Buck
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
I've watched a few minutes of it here and there, which is about all I can stand. If Turturro is doing this show for free he's getting paid too much. And who would have ever thought Oliver Platt could portray an unlikeable character? What a steaming pile of shit. F#ck this show and the Yankmees. 4321

**** you, somebody had to say it.

This show is no "Playmakers" but I think its pretty interesting.

ChiefsCountry
08-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Question for some you older guys - was Game 4 on Sunday afternoon and Game 5 on Monday night?

kcxiv
08-14-2007, 11:04 PM
ITs good. I forgot it was on today, but they show hell of replays.

Frazod
08-14-2007, 11:05 PM
**** you, somebody had to say it.

This show is no "Playmakers" but I think its pretty interesting.

F#ck you back. I thought you were a Fadres fan.

Demonpenz
08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh the K back in the day. Orange seats. Astroturf. The walls were about 10 feet high. 100 yards of grass in left (no jumbotron) I bet that was fun playing on the turf with 105 degree heat. I remember one year in highschool the last year they had turf I went to a game it was about 90 degrees and it just rained ugh the steam coming off that rug with the heat i felt like I was in vietnam

ChiefsCountry
08-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh the K back in the day. Orange seats. Astroturf. The walls were about 10 feet high. 100 yards of grass in left (no jumbotron) I bet that was fun playing on the turf with 105 degree heat. I remember one year in highschool the last year they had turf I went to a game it was about 90 degrees and it just rained ugh the steam coming off that rug with the heat i felt like I was in vietnam

Even with those ugly features, the stadium still looked awesome. The old clips on that show make it worth watching, the rest of it can just suck off the Yankmes even more.

Buck
08-14-2007, 11:11 PM
F#ck you back. I thought you were a Fadres fan.

I am a padres fan, but I can enjoy a good sports drama.

The padres dont have much of a history, so I am forced to learn about other teams too.

DJJasonp
08-14-2007, 11:12 PM
That brought back some great memories....but a lot of heartbreaking ones too.

I was watching with my roommate...and we saw a white outfielder....for the life of me, I could only think of one guy that might have been in the OF in 1977-78...Pete Lacock...

For those too young...that's a real name and not a joke!

Anybody else remember who that could have been?

DJJasonp
08-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Alright...got un-lazy and looked it up...

Tom Poquette.

Frazod
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM
I am a padres fan, but I can enjoy a good sports drama.

The padres dont have much of a history, so I am forced to learn about other teams too.

Good sports drama my ass. It's vile.

Sort of like San Diego's play in St. Louis last week.... :D

Demonpenz
08-14-2007, 11:17 PM
I remember when "hide the ball" in the hat, the hot dog race was all on the big screen in the middle talk about lame. Having this digitized old school "war games" era hot dog go around the bases.