08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/08/15/chiefs_unveil_the_new_arrowhead/

Needs more details.....

Wile_E_Coyote
08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Chiefs Unveil The New Arrowhead

Aug 15, 2007, 11:20:00 AM

Hunt family contributes additional $50 million

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/2FADE4A3C2F44B6995C499DEF310BF4E.JPG?0.8177958362244303

Game days at Arrowhead Stadium will soon provide an even greater experience for fans visiting this legendary sporting venue. Today, the Kansas City Chiefs gave the public its first look at the stunning improvements to The New Arrowhead Stadium during an unveiling ceremony.

Chiefs Chairman of the Board Clark Hunt and President, General Manager and Chief Executive Officcer Carl Peterson, as well as Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders, Jackson County Legislative Chairman Dan Tarwater and representatives of the architectural firm HOK Sport, were on hand at the Arrowhead Club to announce the unveiling of the design for The New Arrowhead Stadium, which Jackson County voters approved in 2006.

“We’re excited to unveil for the citizens of Jackson County, metro area residents and every Chiefs fan ‘The New Arrowhead Stadium,’” Sanders said. “The taxpayers kept their part of the bargain, and you’ll see today that the Kansas City Chiefs have delivered on their promise to modernize Arrowhead Stadium and, along with the Hunt family, remain committed to Kansas City.

“Sanders announced an additional $50 million contribution from the Hunt family.”

I think it is now apparent to everyone that the Hunt Family’s commitment to Jackson County and the entire community is being taken to a new level,” Sanders said.

The contribution raises the family’s total investment in the project to $125 million.

“While the modernization, as required by our agreement with Jackson County, could have been achieved within the original $325 million budget, we felt that to ‘get it right,’ it was important to go beyond what was required to ensure that Arrowhead remains one of the greatest stadiums in the NFL for decades to come,” Hunt said.

“The New Arrowhead” will give fans a greater variety of experiences beyond the on-field action. Stadium improvements include concourses that will be nearly doubled in size, allowing fans to get to their seats – and back to the action on the field – in less time; more restrooms; a greater variety of food and beverages to enjoy; a broad range of bars, concessions and seating areas within the concourses; and club lounge spaces to enjoy with family and friends.

Other additions will feature an upgraded sound system, new video board displays - including a 360 degree ribbon board around the lower fascia of the stadium - a new press box, and a new group seating area - the Horizon Level.

The improvements also call for a Chiefs’ Hall of Fame – The Hall of Honor - and an expanded team store.

“The Hall of Honor will be a lasting monument to all the great Chiefs players, coaches and administrators who have helped build this storied franchise over the years, but especially to the late Lamar Hunt,” Peterson said. “The Hall will be, in football folklore, sacred ground for Chiefs fans who have supported this team throughout its history.”

“Our ultimate goal is to enhance the Arrowhead experience for Chiefs fans,” Peterson said. “These improvements will add even more excitement and emotion to the legendary atmosphere that places Arrowhead in the highest echelon of NFL stadiums, while remaining, in our opponents’ eyes, one of the loudest and most feared places to play in the league.”

The Horizon Level is designed to give fans in the upper level a coach’s view of the game. The south side will rise above the original Arrowhead bowl and will feature new concessions and bathroom facilities for patrons at the rear of upper deck seating; cabaret, suite and premium seating; additional provisions for disabled patrons; and an expanded press box area for coaches and media. The north side is the sunny side, providing warmth to fans on cool days.

The suites will increase in size and be reconstructed to create an upscale environment with all the features expected in today’s professional sport venue. They will give patrons an unobstructed view of the field, as well as unparalleled luxury and service. In addition, the suite walls will be shift ed to eliminate structural columns from obstructing the view to the field from the suite interior.

“Arrowhead Stadium, with its swooping sculptural forms, is a revered icon,” said Dennis Wellner, HOK Sport’s lead architect for the stadium renovations. “The challenge has been to sensitively integrate all of the attributes and current trends that we would normally include in a new NFL stadium into “The New Arrowhead,” which respects tradition and continues its use of contemporary materials to create a bold, new form.”

dirk digler
08-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Looks great. I can't wait to sit in the Horizons level 500 miles up.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2007, 11:03 AM
New fan aminenties and replacing all the stuff like wiring, pluming that we cant see.

Braincase
08-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Wow. Just wow. Gotta love our owners.

BigRedChief
08-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Nice website. A helluva lot better than their current one. Nice artist rendering, plans etc.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-15-2007, 11:06 AM
shows a small corner of the new K

Eleazar
08-15-2007, 11:07 AM
The Hunts throwing in $50 million of their own money. Nice.

CoMoChief
08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Still dont understand of why we dont just build a new stadium? Perfect example of how the Hunts are cheap.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
The Hunts throwing in $50 million of their own money. Nice.

The contribution raises the family’s total investment in the project to $125 million.

StcChief
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
New fan aminenties and replacing all the stuff like wiring, pluming that we cant see.

You have no clue the condition of the infastructure... my X-FIL worked in Electrical/Plumbing at Arrowhead since 1972....

This kind of upgrade more restrooms, restraurants etc how do you think the work? Electrical/Plumbing....which loads the existing system....

teedubya
08-15-2007, 11:10 AM
One picture? One lousy picture?

chagrin
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
All I want to know - are they giving us new and improved fuggin bathrooms?

unothadeal
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Can someone post a picture of the current Arrowhead Stadium?

gblowfish
08-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Where's the roof?

Lzen
08-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Still dont understand of why we dont just build a new stadium? Perfect example of how the Hunts are cheap.

Nonsense. The Chiefs chose to do what the Packers did. Arrowhead would not be the same if they just built a new Arrowhead. I think this was the right thing to do.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2007, 11:16 AM
You have no clue the condition of the infastructure... my X-FIL worked in Electrical/Plumbing at Arrowhead since 1972....

This kind of upgrade more restrooms, restraurants etc how do you think the work? Electrical/Plumbing....which loads the existing system....

I know a couple of people in the Chiefs front office, they were the ones who told me about the infastructure problems right now in the stadium, not to mention the new stuff needed when all that stuff opens up.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Nonsense. The Chiefs chose to do what the Packers did. Arrowhead would not be the same if they just built a new Arrowhead. I think this was the right thing to do.

Amen to that. New stadiums are nice, but never get the same vibe as the original, especially when it is trying to replace a legendary field such as Arrowhead.

Reaper16
08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
They had better keep the hollow plastic seats; they're the secret to Arrowhead's deafening noise.

StcChief
08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
I know a couple of people in the Chiefs front office, they were the ones who told me about the infastructure problems right now in the stadium, not to mention the new stuff needed when all that stuff opens up.
That's cool.... another insider. I lost my insider when the X-Fil retired.
I've been in the bowls of arrowhead, seen a few issues and some patch jobs etc.

Looking forward to the "NEW Arrowhead"

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Looking forward to the "NEW Arrowhead"

Amen to that.

Frazod
08-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I can't say I'm a fan of this "horizon level" - kind of ruins the asthetics of the stadium, IMO. If they're going to do that, they should add one on the other side as well. It looks lopsided.

CoMoChief
08-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Amen to that. New stadiums are nice, but never get the same vibe as the original, especially when it is trying to replace a legendary field such as Arrowhead.
I wouldnt call Arrowhead legendary. Lambeau Field is a different story though. Hell, Arrowhead could never get filled up until Peterson arrived.

I will however agree that after Peterson arrived, it quickly turned into the best place to watch a live NFL game.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Very sweet...

pikesome
08-15-2007, 11:32 AM
I wouldnt call Arrowhead legendary. Lambeau Field is a different story though. Hell, Arrowhead could never get filled up until Peterson arrived.

I will however agree that after Peterson arrived, it quickly turned into the best place to watch a live NFL game.

It's routinely labeled as one of the worst places for visiting teams, loudest stadiums, best game day atmospheres as well as an incredibly well engineered stadium. These are the things, as fans, we ought to love about the stadium. A new one won't, necessarily, have these things.

jynni
08-15-2007, 11:39 AM
So is it gaining seats, loosing seats or staying at the same capacity?

Chiefnj2
08-15-2007, 11:51 AM
What is cabaret seating? Is Barry Manilow going to walk around at half time and shake hands?

pikesome
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
What is cabaret seating? Is Barry Manilow going to walk around at half time and shake hands?

Dancers with feathery headgear and bare breasts?

Frazod
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
So is it gaining seats, loosing seats or staying at the same capacity?

Looks like its adding skyboxes.

$$$$

Bowser
08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Huh. I thought the renovation was to do away with the "Gold" parking spots, and make that a terrace between the two stadiums for shops and restaurants and such.

Looks nice, but I agree with fraz that there should be Horizon levels on both sides.

HemiEd
08-15-2007, 12:00 PM
$125,000,000.00 contribution by the Hunt family is not being cheap. Wow, that place is going to be nice.

Demonpenz
08-15-2007, 12:02 PM
they are going to loose some seats because of the handicapped people

Chief Chief
08-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of this "horizon level" - kind of ruins the asthetics of the stadium, IMO. If they're going to do that, they should add one on the other side as well. It looks lopsided.

Just be patient: The Hunts will add the other one in 5 years after they make a cool $200 million off the ticket sales for the seats/suites in this first horizon level AND hit up the county voters for another small tax hike.

ChiefsfaninPA

I agree with you. But I imagine the horror you must feel every time you drive downtown and see that "thing" in the middle of Soldiers Field. But I will say when I visited I took a lot of pictures of that because to me it is amazing looking.

Deberg_1990
Im a little disappointed. Pales in comparison to the new Cowboys Stadium...

DaKCMan AP
08-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Looks like the skybox addition is similar to what was done to Ben Hill Griffin (The Swamp) which is pretty similar to Arrowhead.

Here's a picture of the swamp before and after:

before:
http://www.bushwood.org/FloridaBenHillGriffin_stadium_north_air3.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/www.flickr.com/images/spaceball.gif

after:

http://www.fussballtempel.net/concacaf/USA/Ben_Hill_Griffin_A3.jpg

penguinz
08-15-2007, 12:08 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of this "horizon level" - kind of ruins the asthetics of the stadium, IMO. If they're going to do that, they should add one on the other side as well. It looks lopsided.It is called the horizon level because you get a good view of the western horizon. If they put one on the other side you get a view of a chunk of metal. ;)

pikesome
08-15-2007, 12:10 PM

If they gave lap dances between plays and had nipple taps with free beer I still wouldn't want to be around that many Cowboys fans in one place.

the Talking Can
08-15-2007, 12:15 PM

you could spend 2 billion on the football equivalent of Mall of America and not replicate the Atmosphere at Arrowhead....

unless of course you just have to have Sushsi while you enjoy the climate controlled air and green carpet field....no thanks...

they did the right and responsible thing by keeping Arrowhead as is...

Chiefnj2
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Looks like the skybox addition is similar to what was done to Ben Hill Griffin (The Swamp) which is pretty similar to Arrowhead.

Yes, but do they have cabaret seating??

DaKCMan AP
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Yes, but do they have cabaret seating??

does the student section on a hot summer day count?

HypnotizedMonkey
08-15-2007, 12:23 PM
i just had a horrible image of that horizons level thing collapsing and sliding all the way down to the field, smashing everyone in the seats... better hope they put enough $$$ into that! ... is the rolling roof completely ruled out for the future?? how about develloping CLEAR turf and letting people walk UNDER the field to watch the action?

freezing rain is still freezing rain.. now you can just get your hot chocolate faster!! haha

hypnotizedmonkey.net

tomahawk kid
08-15-2007, 12:25 PM
i just had a horrible image of that horizons level thing collapsing and sliding all the way down to the field, smashing everyone in the seats... better hope they put enough $$$ into that! ... is the rolling roof completely ruled out for the future?? how about develloping CLEAR turf and letting people walk UNDER the field to watch the action?

freezing rain is still freezing rain.. now you can just get your hot chocolate faster!! haha

hypnotizedmonkey.net

:spock:

ChiefsfaninPA
08-15-2007, 12:26 PM

hypnotizedmonkey.net

I hope this is your last post.

Chiefnj2
08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
does the student section on a hot summer day count?
Not unless they are blaring some classic Captain and Tenille songs.

...look in my heart and let love keep us together, whatever...

VonneMarie
08-15-2007, 12:32 PM

hypnotizedmonkey.net
TommyKat, is that you?

HypnotizedMonkey
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
we Chiefs fans do a LOT of hoping! hope your wish comes true?

GO CHIEFS!

rtmike
08-15-2007, 12:42 PM
A rolling roof will never fit over that? I guess they don't plan on trying to attract a Super Bowl anymore?

Stinger
08-15-2007, 12:51 PM
It is called the horizon level because you get a good view of the western horizon. If they put one on the other side you get a view of a chunk of metal. ;)

Why are they looking across the field instead of watching what is on the field? Damnit Carl!!!!!! :cuss: :cuss:

tomahawk kid
08-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Official site.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/newarrowhead/

the Talking Can
08-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Official site.

looks pretty nice...

tooge
08-15-2007, 01:02 PM

I went up to the game in Green Bay in '03. I talked to a guy on the architechtural team (albeit a peon) and he said that is exactly what the chiefs wanted to do. It was freakin awesome! You have these real wide concourses, nice restrooms, bars and bands playing. All in doors and out of the elements. Then, you go through the double doors, and walk out into the same bowl that has made the stadium famous, bleacher seats and all. I cant wait till its done! We wont have bleacher seats of course, but I guess they are aiming to copy alot of the other stuff from Lambeau.

HemiEd
08-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I went up to the game in Green Bay in '03.

I think I remember you, where were you setting? ;)

Chief Henry
08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
I went up to the game in Green Bay in '03. I talked to a guy on the architechtural team (albeit a peon) and he said that is exactly what the chiefs wanted to do. It was freakin awesome! You have these real wide concourses, nice restrooms, bars and bands playing. All in doors and out of the elements. Then, you go through the double doors, and walk out into the same bowl that has made the stadium famous, bleacher seats and all. I cant wait till its done! We wont have bleacher seats of course, but I guess they are aiming to copy alot of the other stuff from Lambeau.

I was at that same game in Green Bay. The new concourse on the east side of Lambeau Field was beautiful and full of cool stuff with lots of room. What an incredible finish to that game. I sat about 15 rows
behind the Packers bench on the 34 yard line. What seats and great hsopitality by the Packer fans around me.

08-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Wait list opportunities? Gotta love Carl and his waiting lists.

KCFalcon59
08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Wait list opportunities? Gotta love Carl and his waiting lists.

I've got 20 years in, hopefully I will be somewhere just above the middle of the list.

Frazod
08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Redo the stadium and leave the bench seats. That's cheesehead stupid for you.

4321 bench seats, especially there. You couldn't pay me to watch another game in that cramped pit - remodeled or not. Who cares how wide the concourses are when you only get a square foot of room for your ass on the bench?

dirk digler
08-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Official site.

Thanks for the link damn that looks nice

OnTheWarpath15
I love how the rendition of the concourse has about 20 people milling about.

They should have drawn it at halftime when 50,000 smokers are clogging up the walkways and the line to the bathroom is snaking through the concession lines.....

Seriously...it looks great. Can't wait.

Valiant

It is not their ****ing stadium??? How long have you been a fan??

Frazod
08-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I love how the rendition of the concourse has about 20 people milling about.

They should have drawn it at halftime when 50,000 smokers are clogging up the walkways and the line to the bathroom is snaking through the concession lines.....

Seriously...it looks great. Can't wait.

Starting this season, Soldier Field has banned smoking COMPLETELY. You can't even smoke outside and come back in.

I figure it's only a matter of time until this fascist shit catches on everywhere.

Valiant
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Starting this season, Soldier Field has banned smoking COMPLETELY. You can't even smoke outside and come back in.

I figure it's only a matter of time until this fascist shit catches on everywhere.

Just wait till the PC thing to do is make fun of people that BBQ because the smoke effects their senses...

OnTheWarpath15
08-15-2007, 02:26 PM

Yeah, I saw that.

Guys on their message board are worried.....

Apparently the Bears are taking this VERY seriously and revoking PSL's and ST accounts if they catch people in the act. (Don't ask me how)

Anyway, the secondary ticket market is huge up there, as you probably know, but some are concerned about selling their tickets to a stranger who may not care or know about the rule.

I'm not a smoker, but that's ****ed up.

tomahawk kid
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
I wonder what they're going to do with the "Ring of Honor" if the plan is to put a ribbon board along that facade.

OnTheWarpath15
08-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I wonder what they're going to do with the "Ring of Honor" if the plan is to put a ribbon board along that facade.

If I'm understanding the plan correctly, the ribbon board will be between the 100 and 200 levels.

The ROH is between the 200 and 300 levels......

tomahawk kid
08-15-2007, 02:34 PM
If I'm understanding the plan correctly, the ribbon board will be between the 100 and 200 levels.

The ROH is between the 200 and 300 levels......

I thought there were names on both.

Am I smoking something?

OnTheWarpath15
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM

Am I smoking something?

Nope. You're right.

You can tell it's been 9 months since I've been in Arrowhead......

I'm guessing that's where the "Hall of Honor" they are planning fits in.....

Chiefnj2
08-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I always love those artist renditions that show about 100 people at the game and empty concourses, etc.

Mecca
Eventually smoking is going to be banned everywhere other than your own car and house.

DaFace

Am I smoking something?

I think you're right.

EDIT: I need to refresh the page more often. I'm a little late.

beer bacon

I voted for the renovations. I wouldn't have voted for a completely new stadium, unless I knew there was no chance of doing renovations instead. I grew up with the Truman Sports Complex, and I would much rather renovate two already great stadiums, then build two new stadiums.

shaneo69
08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I want to get tickets in the Horizon section so I can watch the game on TV in the bar while I'm talking on my cellphone, like the people in the renderings. That's what football's all about.

ChiefsCountry
08-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Flyover view animation from HOK (http://sb1.thefifthnetwork.com/VCMS/Player.aspx?id=e3fb0048-0297-4564-8f14-11a20c6450d8&UsePlayList=true&videoGUID=4BFD7F79-5A9D-49EE-A729-0DD78037D3ED&channelId=ID0EFF&f=mokas','_blank','width=788,height=598,status=1,scrollbars=1,resizable=1)

Demonpenz
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
alright who is going to be drunk they fall off the top?

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Pales in comparison to the new Cowboys Stadium...
So does the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, La Sagrada Familia, and Mount Everest. That place is gonna be untouchable.

God I hate the Cowboys.

Fairplay
08-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I am so excited after seeing the pics displayed on the website. Im pumped! At the bottom of it it says coming soon photo updates and 3D flythrough tour.

One thing i like about newer stadiums what they have, and now we will have is the 360 degree ribbon board around the lower fascia of the stadium.

Those always looked really cool to me. I am pleased we will get one also.

This is maybe the best news all this off season as a chiefs fan.

FloridaMan88
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
This thread is useless without additional pictures:

http://www.kansascity.com/621/gallery/232996-a232912-t2.html

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/15/12/424-Horizon.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/15/12/43-hall_of_honor.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/15/12/838-south_west.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/15/12/697-sideline_club_lounge.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/15/12/322-upper_concourse.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/08/15/12/928-south_east_aerial.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Nonsense. The Chiefs chose to do what the Packers did. Arrowhead would not be the same if they just built a new Arrowhead. I think this was the right thing to do.I agree. Arrowhead was becoming a bit of a dump, but it's still Arrowhead. The money goes a lot further when fixing up this icon.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I agree. Arrowhead was becoming a bit of a dump, but it's still Arrowhead. The money goes a lot further when fixing up this icon.
I never wanted to say that on here for fear of getting killed... but you're right... from the Outside Arrowhead is just plain ugly. I can't wait till these improvments are made.

08-15-2007, 03:39 PM
I am underwhelmed. They should have just left it alone IMO. Fix the problems of course but this just looks like the patch job that it is.

I love Arrowhead and would hate to see it gone but would much rather them build a new stadium than this.

What Green Bay did made sense. Hell, even Chicago's makes more sense than this and I didn't like that either. This does not.

Fairplay
08-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I never wanted to say that on here for fear of getting killed... but you're right... from the Outside Arrowhead is just plain ugly. I can't wait till these improvments are made.

That mug shot of that dude in your avatar is one ugly S.O.B.

Who is that?

gblowfish
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
How come everbody's still wearing Trent Green jerseys in the future?
Doesn't bode well for Brodie...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM

Who is that?
:D

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 03:43 PM
How come everbody's still wearing Trent Green jerseys in the future?
Doesn't bode well for Brodie...
Good point.

ROFL

Fairplay
08-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Just mess'in with ya beer me. You're a cool dude.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Just mess'in with ya beer me. You're a cool dude.
Don't sweat it... I found it funny... and mostly true...

:(

KcMizzou
08-15-2007, 04:01 PM

Who is that?I'm pretty sure it's Rupert from "Survivor" a few years back.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Rupert from "Survivor" a few years back.

KcMizzou
08-15-2007, 04:04 PM

No relation?

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 04:05 PM
No relation?
If he has money we could talk.

VonneMarie
08-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I freaking love it!

Bugeater
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
I couldn't disagree more. From the outside Arrowhead is a thing of beauty, it's when you get inside you realize it's a dump, especially in the bathrooms.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I couldn't disagree more. From the outside Arrowhead is a thing of beauty, it's when you get inside you realize it's a dump, especially in the bathrooms.
That's sarcasm... right?

:hmmm:

Bowser
08-15-2007, 04:57 PM
That's sarcasm... right?

Not when Bugeater's there. He's proud of the dumps he takes at Arrowhead.

tomahawk kid
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
I am underwhelmed. They should have just left it alone IMO. Fix the problems of course but this just looks like the patch job that it is.

I love Arrowhead and would hate to see it gone but would much rather them build a new stadium than this.

What Green Bay did made sense. Hell, even Chicago's makes more sense than this and I didn't like that either. This does not.

Kietzman?

:)

Deberg_1990
08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
If he has money we could talk.

Actually he does. Rupert won the Fan vote during the Survivor All Stars a few years back.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Actually he does. Rupert won the Fan vote during the Survivor All Stars a few years back.
Yea I remember. I liked Rupert. That was the last Survivor I watched.

Logical
08-15-2007, 05:08 PM

OK why do you believe it is ugly, of course I disagree but I would like to understand why you feel differently?

Bugeater
08-15-2007, 05:08 PM
That's sarcasm... right?

Not at all. I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder.

Not when Bugeater's there. He's proud of the dumps he takes at Arrowhead.
Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever pooped in a football stadium. I'll have to make a point of doing just that next time I'm there.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 05:13 PM
OK why do you believe it is ugly, of course I disagree but I would like to understand why you feel differently?
Poured concrete... all stained looking... old looking... ugly as hell. It just looks crappy on the outside. Inside though I love it.

Kauffman is the same way. Night and day inside and outside on both stadiums.

ChiefaRoo
08-15-2007, 05:17 PM

It's legendary biatch!!

Bugeater
08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Poured concrete... all stained looking... old looking... ugly as hell. It just looks crappy on the outside. Inside though I love it.

The concrete columns definitely look dated, but that's part of the nostalgia IMO. The shape of the upper bowl is very unique and I love the way the light structures overhang the seats. I'm talking about looking at it from far enough away that you don't notice the stained old looking concrete. It's when I'm in it (or really close to it) that I notice that.

Logical
08-15-2007, 05:22 PM

Well the good news for you is you live close to the Cowgirls, the bad news is you probably cannot afford one of their PSLs.ROFL

Logical
08-15-2007, 05:24 PM

Personal choice I guess, I cannot stand the new brick facade pieces of shit they are building for new stadiums but that is my opinion. Everyone is different. Me I love the clean smooth lines of the poured concrete bowls that make up Arrowhead and Kaufmann.

Bugeater
08-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Someone asked for pic of Arrowhead currently so I threw this together for comparison purposes.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8229/arrrowheadnowandthensx7.jpg

Logical
08-15-2007, 05:26 PM
So is it gaining seats, loosing seats or staying at the same capacity?Good question.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 05:27 PM
The concrete columns definitely look dated, but that's part of the nostalgia IMO. The shape of the upper bowl is very unique and I love the way the light structures overhang the seats. I'm talking about looking at it from far enough away that you don't notice the stained old looking concrete. It's when I'm in it (or really close to it) that I notice that.
Yes, from far away it looks pretty cool. The closer you get though... Don't get me wrong, I love the place... but I'm glad it's getting a face lift.

The shape of the upper deck is cool and unique... the light stands look majestic as you're driving up to it. I think we're just talking about different things to a degree. I should have said I meant up close more than over all.

Logical
08-15-2007, 05:28 PM

You and I are similar, we like symetry. This new design loses that.

Bugeater
08-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes, from far away it looks pretty cool. The closer you get though... Don't get me wrong, I love the place... but I'm glad it's getting a face lift.

The shape of the upper deck is cool and unique... the light stands look majestic as you're driving up to it. I think we're just talking about different things to a degree. I should have said I meant up close more than over all.
Yeah I was rather shocked when I went last year at the condition as it had been a long time since I had been there. I would assume they're going to mix in a powerwasher or a sandblaster somewhere in this process to spiff up the concrete otherwise the new stuff will stick out like a sore thumb next to the old stuff.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I would assume they're going to mix in a powerwasher or a sandblaster somewhere in this process to spiff up the concrete otherwise the new stuff will stick out like a sore thumb next to the old stuff.
Agreed.

08-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Kietzman?

:)

Oh hell no!!! Talk about the ultimate insult.
:mad:

morphius
08-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I was really hoping for a more impressive video board. I'm interested in whether of not they have TV's around the concourse anywhere, it is hard to tell if those are menus or TV's in the concession stand.

I'm not a big fan of the lopsided view, but as long as Jack Harry has to sit at the very top of that, in a corner, I'm all for it!

Mojo Rising
08-15-2007, 11:05 PM

That would have required the Hunts to kick in an extra $100m.

Lzen
08-16-2007, 09:07 AM
When are the upgrades supposed to be completed.? Last Summer when the vote passed, I was under the impression that they were going to do that during this past offseason.

HonestChieffan
08-16-2007, 09:10 AM

Hope all the people who were hating the Hunts recognize the new 50 mill aint chump change.

Chiefnj2
08-16-2007, 09:27 AM

Hope all the people who were hating the Hunts recognize the new 50 mill aint chump change.
It's not chump change, but how much will they make back on the suites, exclusive club level, etc. It doesn't seem like much of a change for the average fan - except for increased prices.

HonestChieffan
08-16-2007, 09:29 AM
And you expected an upgraded stadium and lower prices?

They need 70,000 ticket buyers and they will cater to the average fan in TV and such. They make a lot of money on the suites, yes. Thats a good thing. I support profit.

OnTheWarpath15
08-16-2007, 09:30 AM
It's not chump change, but how much will they make back on the suites, exclusive club level, etc. It doesn't seem like much of a change for the average fan - except for increased prices.

They've been increasing prices with the same shitty concourses and the same shitty sound system for years.

Prices were going up, renovations or not.

My seats have gone from $63 to $78 in 4 years.

The Club/Suite holders are the ones the are going to take one for the team.....

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
08-16-2007, 09:32 AM

That's why they are in business....TO MAKE MONEY.

HonestChieffan
08-16-2007, 09:32 AM
lest we forget 8 dollar beer....damn I need to run past the bank...

InChiefsHeaven
08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
That's why I only go to one game a year. Typically it means taking out a 2nd mortgage, but it's worth it... :)

ChiefsCountry
08-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Anybody see the new sideline suites they are putting in?

InChiefsHeaven
08-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Here's the animation on kcchiefs.com: