PDA

View Full Version : 1st Half Good & Uglies....

petegz28
08-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Good:
Defense
Croyle
Kicker on kickoffs

Uglies:
Huard
early offensive play calling
tackling
kicker missed field goal
Croyle's terrible interception

noa
08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Defense was not good. I don't care that we only gave up 3 points. They went for it on 4th and goal with their backup RB, which wouldn't happen during the regular season. We've been helped by lots of dropped passes. Our missed tackles are absolutely pathetic. Tamba and Jared Allen have been good, but that's about it.
I am not feeling good about our defense about watching this first half.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Croyle looked AMAZING on that one drive...but then he looked awful on the next two...I have a feeling he's going to struggle IMMENSELY against the blitzes come regular season.

Doesn't look comfortable in the pocket at all.

Kraus
08-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Good:

Defensive Ends
Punter
Punt Coverage
Croyle's TD Drive

Bad:

Rest of Defense
Kicker missing a 42 yard FG
Offense

OnTheWarpath15
The 1st team defense did not look good against a bad Dolphins offense.

I was fine with Brodie making the throw on the INT, but he HAS to get that ball to the outside where either Wilson comes down with it, or it falls incomplete, out of bounds.

The OL looked decent pass blocking, but craptacular run blocking. Complete reversal of normal.

dirk digler
I am going to chalk up the D been average to below average especially tackling,to the fact they just finished training camp and are looking forward to a day off tomorrow or the weekend.

If they come out next Thursday and tackle like this then I will admit we might have a problem

Hootie
Eh...

The defense isn't blitzing...we're just using base coverage...we're keeping everything underneath...they aren't playing as poorly as some are implying...missed tackles are annoying.

leviw
08-16-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm going to add Derrick Johnson to the good and Kyle Turley to the bad.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:30 PM
The 1st team defense did not look good against a bad Dolphins offense.

I was fine with Brodie making the throw on the INT, but he HAS to get that ball to the outside where either Wilson comes down with it, or it falls incomplete, out of bounds.

The OL looked decent pass blocking, but craptacular run blocking. Complete reversal of normal.
I'm going to disagree about Brodie's throw...

He threw it like a retarded monkey...from his backfoot?! That was awful.

He went from looking like Peyton friggin' Manning to Rex Grossman in a 3 minute span.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm going to add Derrick Johnson to the good and Kyle Turley to the bad.
Yeah...

DJ was all over the place. One missed tackle, but other than that, awesome.

Randolph looked good, too.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
the redzone D has been solid through 1.5 games

leviw
08-16-2007, 07:32 PM
the redzone D has been solid through 1.5 games

Too many big plays between the redzones, though.

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 07:33 PM

He went from looking like Peyton friggin' Manning to Rex Grossman in a 3 minute span.

We've seen that a million times over the last 6 seasons...Trent Green was notorious for ending drives started inside the opponent red zone with a dumb INT.

Oh well, he's young. He demonstrated on the drive before that that he absolutely can do things that Damon "I can't even throw a screen pass" Huard can't.

OnTheWarpath15

Let me rephrase it:

I'm OK with the decision. But the throw HAS to be to the outside where only Bigfoot has a shot at it, or it's incomplete. He cannot throw the ball to the inside and risk an INT.

Had he done what I suggested, I bet Wilson comes down with that throw.

One on one with a height advantage? Fantastic.

But you gotta get the ball to the pylon.

petegz28
The only problem witht he D has been the tackling. I don;t expect them to blitz all out in pre-season. but the 1st quarter play calling on O either sucked or we sucked cause we looked like total shit. I still say the problem is the coordinator's lack of ability to properly coach an offense

dirk digler
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM

He read the D wrong.

It happens especially with basically a rookie QB.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:35 PM
We've seen that a million times over the last 6 seasons...Trent Green was notorious for ending drives started inside the opponent red zone with a dumb INT.

Oh well, he's young. He demonstrated on the drive before that that he absolutely can do things that Damon "I can't even throw a screen pass" Huard can't.
Oh, I totally agree with Croyle being able to do things Huard can't...

But will Croyle be able to handle REAL games where teams are blitzing?

I DEFINITELY have my doubts. The way he put his head down and tried to run for a first on the 3rd and 4 a drive later isn't a promising sign.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
He read the D wrong.

I don't think he read the D at all...

I think the play was designed to go to Wilson, and that's where he threw it...

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Tamba Hali picked up where he left off, nice forced fumble.

And I'm ready to eat crow on Donnie Edwards, the guy is in on EVERY PLAY.

Boomer Grigsby doesn't dress, again. Disappointing to say the least.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Tamba Hali picked up where he left off, nice forced fumble.

And I'm ready to eat crow on Donnie Edwards, the guy is in on EVERY PLAY.

Boomer Grigsby doesn't dress, again. Disappointing to say the least.
The Chiefs LB's are going to be phenomenal this year...

I kind of want to see Law/Surtain/Randolph/Brackenridge/Sapp be our corners...screw Will Poole.

Why was Wesley starting today?

Jenson71
He read the D wrong.

I don't think so. It was a bad throw.

dirk digler
I don't think he read the D at all...

I think the play was designed to go to Wilson, and that's where he threw it...

I admit it wasn't a great throw or decision. It was just bad all around

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh, I totally agree with Croyle being able to do things Huard can't...

But will Croyle be able to handle REAL games where teams are blitzing?

I DEFINITELY have my doubts. The way he put his head down and tried to run for a first on the 3rd and 4 a drive later isn't a promising sign.

Huard can't handle it either. He overthrows every screen pass...

Oh and he fumbled 9 times last year.

The solution is to use a moving pocket or the bootleg, which Croyle ran successfully tonight and Huard can't run at all.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:40 PM
All I'm saying is...

Brodie needs to learn how to check down otherwise he's going to have a few huge games to start the season and then the league is going to figure him out and he's going to turn Grossman on us...(which, if he's as good as Grossman I'll be super content).

htismaqe
The Chiefs LB's are going to be phenomenal this year...

I kind of want to see Law/Surtain/Randolph/Brackenridge/Sapp be our corners...screw Will Poole.

Why was Wesley starting today?

I don't think Wesley started. But he was in the game early, subbing for Page.

htismaqe
I admit it wasn't a great throw or decision. It was just bad all around

It was a bad throw, it was bad mechanics, it was a bad read, it was a bad decision. Have to side with Hootie here, there's no excuse for that pass if you're Croyle.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Huard can't handle it either. He overthrows every screen pass...

Oh and he fumbled 9 times last year.

The solution is to use a moving pocket or the bootleg, which Croyle ran successfully tonight and Huard can't run at all.
Huard is more poised in the pocket than Croyle is...

And yeah, Huard has missed every throw.

That doesn't erase my thoughts that he should start the season against our treacherous first four.

Otter
08-16-2007, 07:41 PM

Throwing off his back foot like that worried me a little bit. That habit should be long gone by this point BUT he definitely has potential. No doubt about that.

I can honestly say I was at the "I really don't give a shit anymore" point with this team till we finally drafted a QB that should start.

http://art.blogging.la/archives/pullmebackin.jpg

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:42 PM
BUT HEY...

Let's not overlook that touchdown drive...

He looked like Carson Palmer back there...it was awesome.

The guy has awesome skills, like I said, reminds me A LOT of Rex Grossman right now.

And I'm on record, on this site, of saying Rex will turn out to be a pretty good QB...

But if Brodie starts all 16 this year I can see a 24/20 type season from him.

petegz28
08-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Croyle has the skills he just needs the turf time and a line that won't gt him killed.

dirk digler
08-16-2007, 07:43 PM
It was a bad throw, it was bad mechanics, it was a bad read, it was a bad decision. Have to side with Hootie here, there's no excuse for that pass if you're Croyle.

I was in no way defending the pass at all. It was just bad but shit like this happens with a rookie QB.

After watching the replay of it I sit here thinking what the hell was he thinking when he threw that pass because there was no way it was going to be completed.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:46 PM
I was in no way defending the pass at all. It was just bad but shit like this happens with a rookie QB.

After watching the replay of it I sit here thinking what the hell was he thinking when he threw that pass because there was no way it was going to be completed.
People are just going to assume any negative thing I say about the kid is me bashing him because I'm "so infatuated" with Damon Huard...

I'd love to see Brodie throw 25 TD passes this year and the Chiefs win 12 games...

But I just call them how I see them.

Deberg_1990
08-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I love Brodies rocket of a release. Love it. Its probably what wins him the job considering the condition of our O-Line

Logical
08-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Good,

In general the LB play
The defensive end play
Croyles first series
The entire punting (including coverage) effort

Bad
O-line play is terrible
D tackle play is terrible
CB play is barely adequate
Tackling in general is still sloppy
Rookies are not showing diddly except the 7th rounder

OnTheWarpath15
08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
MEDLOCK!

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 08:29 PM

That doesn't erase my thoughts that he should start the season against our treacherous first four.

Huard SHOULD be more poised, he's been in the league a decade. And even then, he had NINE fumbles last season. NINE.

the Talking Can
08-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Croyle's going to make a lot more mistakes than that..he hasn't even started a real game yet...

i don't understand why people freak out....there is going to be a lot of ugly plays as he learns...that's part of the deal....that's life with a noob QB....

all I care about is that he improves, and he definetly showed improvement from last week...that can't be argued....

and his arm strength is jaw dropping....and we still don't have McIntosh, LJ, or Bowe...

i'm thrilled...he could throw 20 ints this year and it would still be worth it as long as he shows development...

but I still fear this board freaking out during the season while he learns...it will not be pretty....with someone as dumb as Hootie, it is inevitable...

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 08:30 PM
BUT HEY...

Let's not overlook that touchdown drive...

He looked like Carson Palmer back there...it was awesome.

The guy has awesome skills, like I said, reminds me A LOT of Rex Grossman right now.

And I'm on record, on this site, of saying Rex will turn out to be a pretty good QB...

But if Brodie starts all 16 this year I can see a 24/20 type season from him.

ROFL

If Brodie has a 24/20 season, *I* would be ecstatic. I'll never call you a basher again, because those numbers are about DOUBLE what I'm expecting. :D

noa
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
ROFL

If Brodie has a 24/20 season, *I* would be ecstatic. I'll never call you a basher again, because those numbers are about DOUBLE what I'm expecting. :D

No kidding. We should throw the kid a parade if he puts up numbers that good.

NewChief
08-16-2007, 08:47 PM
That's the first extended Croyle play I've seen, and I was impressed. He's going to make mistakes, but you guys may have your QB of the future. There will definitely be growing pains, but the kid is a gunslinger. That being said, WTF is up with the difference in Solari's play calling for Huard and Croyle? That was just bizarre.

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 08:51 PM
That's the first extended Croyle play I've seen, and I was impressed. He's going to make mistakes, but you guys may have your QB of the future. There will definitely be growing pains, but the kid is a gunslinger. That being said, WTF is up with the difference in Solari's play calling for Huard and Croyle? That was just bizarre.

They know what Huard can and can't do. It's a different offense when you have Croyle's arm in there, notice the bootleg they ran.

FAX
08-16-2007, 09:01 PM
We are doomed. Super duper doomed.

O-line: Can't block jack and jack ain't playin'.
QB: Huard is a tool and Brodie's a work in progress.
RB: No holes means no run game.
WR: Never, ever, ever throw to Samie. Ever.

D: Displayed an amazing team ability to not tackle.

Other than that, we're okayyyyy.

FAX

TEX
08-16-2007, 09:13 PM
MEDLOCK!

Blows...

talastan
08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Croyle looked good for the most part. That damn interception just bites me. :banghead:

However those last couple of series w/ Croyle in I think the kid could have gotten something done if the OL gave him a fighting chance to get the ball to his recievers or at least make a hole for a handoff.

Again this OL is going to determine this offense's success much more than LJ, Huard, Croyle, or Bowe all combined. The only other thing was those two missed FG attempts. Come on Leftie, Lean Right!!!! :shake:

TEX
08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Croyle looked good for the most part. That damn interception just bites me. :banghead:

However those last couple of series w/ Croyle in I think the kid could have gotten something done if the OL gave him a fighting chance to get the ball to his recievers or at least make a hole for a handoff.

Again this OL is going to determine this offense's success much more than LJ, Huard, Croyle, or Bowe all combined. The only other thing was those two missed FG attempts. Come on Leftie, Lean Right!!!! :shake:

You got that right. Medlock scares the hell out of me. If he misses like that in preseason, he will when it counts. With the Chiefs Offense in flux, the kicking game is even more important.

FAX
08-16-2007, 09:27 PM

Agreed, Mr. talastan. The O-line is really troubling and Medlock makes Carl look like Carl. However, I think once we watch the tape, we'll see that the Miami defense confused Brodie on the INT. I believe they disguised a zone on him. Classic N00b (sp?) quarterback error.

FAX

Coogs
08-16-2007, 09:42 PM

Who'ed of thunk it! The Texans being treacherous!

the Talking Can
08-16-2007, 09:47 PM
It was good to see Green play well too. He made Huard look like the career back up that he is, and took one more step towards giving us a high 4th rounder.

If that line can just keep him healthy.

el borracho
08-16-2007, 10:20 PM
If there was any question remaining I would say Ross earned his way off the roster tonight with yet another fumble.

Hammock Parties
08-16-2007, 10:29 PM
If there was any question remaining I would say Ross earned his way off the roster tonight with yet another fumble.

That was very disappointing to see. He's toast.

cdcox
08-16-2007, 10:33 PM
To me it looked like Croyle thought he had the TD and instead it turned into an INT. He started raising his hands like "it's a TD" then dropped them to his head when he saw the INT. The lesson to be learned was that toss-it-up-and-pray crap won't ever work in the NFL.

cdcox
08-16-2007, 10:36 PM
The safety play from Pollage was probably the most dissappionting for me. They were terrible in run support all night long. Both out of position and weak tackling. So far that duo is all hype.

noa
08-16-2007, 10:44 PM
The safety play from Pollage was probably the most dissappionting for me. They were terrible in run support all night long. Both out of position and weak tackling. So far that duo is all hype.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing anything positive from them. Page whiffed on a tackle where Brown turned it into a big run. I'm hoping these guys haven't been completely over-hyped. I expect some growing pains from them, but they should also be making good plays from time to time.

Chief Faithful
08-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I was impressed how much better Svitek played tonight. If he continues to improve at this pace we will not miss McIntosh.

Oh Snap
08-16-2007, 11:02 PM

Yea im really worried about the texans...

08-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Too many big plays between the redzones, though.
I base the D on how many first downs they give up. Tonight.... too ****in many.

ClevelandBronco
08-17-2007, 12:50 AM
I've haven't seen a more passive rushing game for a while. The Chiefs need LJ before the real season starts. Their offensive game plans with him and without him are radically different. They have to know one way or the other.

Croyle looked great on the TD drive.

He looked scared on the interception. He leaned back to get away from the hit he expected, but the hit was still a good way off. He should have leaned into the pass rush, fired the ball and taken the punishment. I'll give him a big pass on that one because it's preseason, though. Why take the chance on getting your bell rung in a televised practice session?

The receivers aren't doing anything interesting. I saw a couple of mismatches and bad coverages, but that's about it. Who's this Bowe guy, BTW?

There was some really good stuff happening up front on defense, but there were also serious lapses when guys should have wrapped up and stopped the play, but didn't.

RedThat
08-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Croyle has the best arm I've seen from a KC quarterback in years.

I think he showed some pretty good poise in the pocket there. Yeah, he has some pretty good attributes for a QB.

It's clear he has waaay more upside then Huard.

I think the mistake he made tonight was mechanical(throwing off the back foot)...Oh well, that is correctable, and I just think he is learning. I expect him to make mistakes. Just part of the developmental process.

Something we're probably going to have to get used to.

I can already see that the blocking is going to suck this year. That is going to be our main weakness this year imo. Our WR's need to learn how to catch better as well. Want to see Bowe play. I hope we draft an OT next year.

*I hope that these weaknesses on offense don't stunt Croyle's growth.

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Uglies:
tackling

I was upset because our strength (LB's) whiffed. I noticed our new MLB whiff in the same game as DJ and DE. I know everyone has bad days- believe me- but the whole unit that we thought was our anchor?

keg in kc
08-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Croyle wasn't happy with the int either. Basically said on the post-game that he saw the coverage and instead of being an intelligent young QB and going to his third progression (his words), he thought he'd give Wilson a chance at a jump ball. I don't think he was feeling any heat at all, he just made a poor decision, and he knows it.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 06:19 AM
Blows...

Yeah, let's go get Morten Andersen! He's automatic. And then we can start Huard, and Priest, and maybe trade some of our young guys for more guys over 30!

YIPPIE!!!!

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 06:19 AM
You got that right. Medlock scares the hell out of me. If he misses like that in preseason, he will when it counts. With the Chiefs Offense in flux, the kicking game is even more important.

Nailing all those preseason kicks sure made a difference for Tynes when it came time to nail a 23-yarder in the playoffs...

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 06:20 AM

They were out of position a few times. The weak tackling came from DERRICK JOHNSON, let's blame the right people here.

Hootie
08-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Yea im really worried about the texans...
You should be...

lancer348
08-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Nailing all those preseason kicks sure made a difference for Tynes when it came time to nail a 23-yarder in the playoffs...

Hitismage, you keep bringing up 1 FG which had minimal impact in the playoff game

How quickly you forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yymk4Xv1FZc

You think Medlock is going to hit that?

Hootie
08-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Hitismage, you keep bringing up 1 FG which had minimal impact in the playoff game

How quickly you forget:

Who knows?

I'll reserve all judgment on the guy once the regular season rolls around...

If he starts missing 37 yard field goals at that time, we'll have a problem...

Until then, WHO CARES?

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 06:42 AM
Who knows?

I'll reserve all judgment on the guy once the regular season rolls around...

If he starts missing 37 yard field goals at that time, we'll have a problem...

Until then, WHO CARES?

Why don't you reserve that same judgment for the QB position as well. You previously posted how bad Croyle looked. You really aren't being objective there. Huard looked even worse. On that one sacked he tucked the ball, bounced off two guys before he LET himself be sacked. Croyle looked poised and comfortable in the pocket. Outside the INT, what more could you have asked for. The game picked up once he was in.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 06:51 AM

How quickly you forget:

Absolutely.

Medlock has a much stronger leg than Tynes. It was nice to see a touchback last night, haven't seen one of those in a DECADE.

BTW, kind of disingenuous telling me I keep bringing up 1 kick when you're doing the same thing.

tmax63
08-17-2007, 06:55 AM
I have to agree with the above statement that Ross helped Priest make the team in his place.

DenverChief
08-17-2007, 06:57 AM
I love how we have expectations of MIDSEASONFORM in the 2nd preseason game :rolleyes:

I'd still rather have Medlock than Tynes

InChiefsHell
08-17-2007, 06:59 AM
OK, does anyone know if this game will be on NFL Network this weekend? I looked but I don't see it for Saturday...

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 07:01 AM
OK, does anyone know if this game will be on NFL Network this weekend? I looked but I don't see it for Saturday...

I looked but haven't seen it. It is probably because ESPN covered it in primetime. That is an assumption on my part but I know I checked the whole week of replays on NFL network and it wasn't listed.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 07:02 AM
They know what Huard can and can't do. It's a different offense when you have Croyle's arm in there, notice the bootleg they ran.Exactly. As exaggerated as it seemed, the offenses were both suited for the players that were in them. A Huard-led offense isn't going to be throwing many bombs, so why even pretend that it will? Short dumpoffs and mid-range passes are more Huard's style.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 07:05 AM
A Huard-led offense isn't going to be throwing many bombs, so why even pretend that it will? Short dumpoffs and mid-range passes are more Huard's style.

The announcers last night keep saying how unfair it was that Huard didn't get a good chance to make a lot of throws, even asking Carl who is responsible for that and Carl said to ask Solari. There is a reason Huard is doing a lot of dinking and dunking. That is the type of QB he is.

Hootie
08-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Why don't you reserve that same judgment for the QB position as well. You previously posted how bad Croyle looked. You really aren't being objective there. Huard looked even worse. On that one sacked he tucked the ball, bounced off two guys before he LET himself be sacked. Croyle looked poised and comfortable in the pocket. Outside the INT, what more could you have asked for. The game picked up once he was in.
wtf are you talking about?

I commented on how well Croyle looked on his one drive...

But after that he was god awful...JUST like Huard was.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 07:08 AM
wtf are you talking about?

I commented on how well Croyle looked on his one drive...

But after that he was god awful...JUST like Huard was.

I wouldn't say he was God awful. He played like an inexperience QB, which he is. Huard looked God awful and he has experience.

Hootie
08-17-2007, 07:11 AM
I wouldn't say he was God awful. He played like an inexperience QB, which he is. Huard looked God awful and he has experience.
Blah blah blah

they were both bad

Reerun_KC
08-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Blah blah blah

they were both bad

maybe so, but Huards bad was much worse than Croyle or Printers....

Other than one play for Brodie, both made Huard look like a Div III QB...

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
The announcers last night keep saying how unfair it was that Huard didn't get a good chance to make a lot of throws, even asking Carl who is responsible for that and Carl said to ask Solari. There is a reason Huard is doing a lot of dinking and dunking. That is the type of QB he is.

The guys on 810 are going on about it too.

Considering how AWFUL Huard's short throws have been through the first 2 games, he can use all the "dink and dunk" work he can get.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Blah blah blah

they were both bad

But one of them is a 1st-year starter and the other is an 11-year vet.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 08:41 AM

How quickly you forget:

I responded to you.

Why are you sending me PM's with the same thing in it?

You're just as fixated on one play as you claim I am.

Inspector
08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I suspect Herm is keeping the real strengths of the players under wraps until regular season.

Kinda like letting other teams think we can't kick field goals and such.

Or fool them into believing our defense has gotten really lousy at tackling.

And who really buys into this Croyle making interceptions crap? We know that's all a ploy so our opponents will take us lightly and look past us.

Herm is BRILLIANT!!! This is a great strategy.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 09:10 AM
I suspect Herm is keeping the real strengths of the players under wraps until regular season.

Kinda like letting other teams think we can't kick field goals and such.

Or fool them into believing our defense has gotten really lousy at tackling.

And who really buys into this Croyle making interceptions crap? We know that's all a ploy so our opponents will take us lightly and look past us.

Herm is BRILLIANT!!! This is a great strategy.

:rolleyes:

I only hope.

talastan
08-17-2007, 09:51 AM
:rolleyes:

I only hope.

Ditto!!

TEX
08-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I love how we have expectations of MIDSEASONFORM in the 2nd preseason game :rolleyes:

I'd still rather have Medlock than Tynes

Kickers can either make 'em or they can't. Usually what you see in preseason is what you get when it counts. Shoot, the Chiefs cut Tynes in past preseasons for kicking how Medlock is now. Medlock $ucks.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Kickers can either make 'em or they can't. Usually what you see in preseason is what you get when it counts. Shoot, the Chiefs cut Tynes in past preseasons for kicking how Medlock is now. Medlock $ucks.

ROFL

Go to NFL.com and look up "Nate Kaeding".

The go and Google "NFL K Ball".

TEX
08-17-2007, 10:37 AM
ROFL

Go to NFL.com and look up "Nate Kaeding".

The go and Google "NFL K Ball".

ROFL

Kaeding was better then Medlock. Everyone new he was the best Kicker coming out of college. That's NOT true of Medlock. And if you remember, we did cut Tynes when he was kicking like Medlock. Actually he had a better %. You go look things up - it's what you do every day.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 10:42 AM
ROFL

Kaeding was better then Medlock. Everyone new he was the best Kicker coming out of college. That's NOT true of Medlock. And if you remember, we did cut Tynes when he was kicking like Medlock. Actually he had a better %. You go look things up - it's what you do every day.

So you're not interested in an honest conversation. You'd rather take the easy way out and challenge me to go look it up?

Ok, I will.

And you're gonna feel stupid afterwards.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Kaeding was 67-89 FG, 166-169 PAT at Iowa.

Medlock was 70-88 FG, and 147-148 PAT at UCLA.

Oops.

You might also want to know what Kaeding himself said about it. He came into the league and immediately missed 5 FG's and 1 PAT in his rookie season. He told an Iowa City newspaper that the NFL K Ball is a HUGE difference between college and pro.

InChiefsHell
08-17-2007, 12:21 PM

Oops.

You might also want to know what Kaeding himself said about it. He came into the league and immediately missed 5 FG's and 1 PAT in his rookie season. He told an Iowa City newspaper that the NFL K Ball is a HUGE difference between college and pro.

That's good pwnage right there...

TEX
08-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Oops.

Here you go with your famous "htis TWIST" that you pull on everyone. So predactible! ROFL

Do tell how it ended for Kaeding his rookie year? You've already disclosed how it began. I believe you'll find that's exactly the scenario I described in my original statement...

Now, next point - Are you trying to dispute the fact that everyone considered Kaeding to be the best Kicker in the draft that year? Who was that guy ths past year? It wasn't Medlock. That was my only other point I was making. Nothing really there to twist - but true to form you did.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Here you go with your famous "htis TWIST" that you pull on everyone. So predactible! ROFL

Everyone pay attention!

TEX has been thoroughly OWNED so now he has to pull some shit out of his ass and give it a name, to make it sound like he's the victim of some "tactic".

Do tell how it ended for Kaeding his rookie year? You've already disclosed how it began. I believe you'll find that's exactly the scenario I described in my original statement...

It ended with him missing a potentially game-winning FG in the playoffs against the Jets. Interestingly enough, that's NOT the scenario you described in your statement, which was:

By the way, your actual ORIGINAL statement was "Medlock blows" which doesn't describe a scenario at all, but is a high quality take...

For a 4th grader.

Finally, the statement you made preceeding my Nate Kaeding mention was "Kickers can either make 'em or they can't."

That's interesting, considering Kaeding, who hit NINETY SIX percent of his FG's in his senior season at Iowa missed TWENTY PERCENT of his FG's his rookie season at San Diego, including the aforementioned game winner. Since then, he's made 88.25% of his kicks, which basically means that your statement is pure bullshit.

Now, next point - Are you trying to dispute the fact that everyone considered Kaeding to be the best Kicker in the draft that year? Who was that guy ths past year? It wasn't Medlock. That was my only other point I was making. Nothing really there to twist - but true to form you did.

Who was the guy last year, pray tell? Oh, wait. After the NFL combine, it was Justin Medlock. Scott Wright, GBN, Gil Brandt. Medlock was the #1 kicker on every board because Mason Crosby exposed a fatal flaw.

Of course there's nothing to spin, you got OWNED.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Kaeding was better then Medlock.

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Damn, Parker.

You make it to Arrowhead this year, and the 1st round is on me.

You've earned it.

Inspector
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Note to self: Don't mess with Mr. Htismaqe.

I get pwned pretty easily anyway. I also have no idea what pwned means but I see it here a lot.

Maybe I'm too damned old.