PDA

View Full Version : This much is clear, IMO, about this season...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-16-2007, 07:35 PM
If we start Huard, we will win at least 7 or 8 games, nothing more.

If we start Croyle, we will win at least 5 or 6 games, but the future will be bright because he will have grown, as well as the other young guys on offense.

So I guess Herm and the Chiefs have to ask themselves if they really believe Croyle is worth the bad year to get the team in the right direction. I'm pretty sure they'll go with Croyle.

Hootie
08-16-2007, 07:47 PM
How will we win less games this year when our QB situation can't get ANY WORSE than last year and we have a better team (assuming LJ signs)?

the Talking Can
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
no risk, no reward....

it is that simple

playing Huard is the same as giving up

Deberg_1990
08-16-2007, 07:50 PM
no risk, no reward....

it is that simple

playing Huard is the same as giving up

Playing Huard is "Business as Usual" for King Carl.

Otter
08-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Cody has seen the light.

Logical
08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Playing Huard is "Business as Usual" for King Carl.Yup

the Talking Can
08-16-2007, 07:55 PM
those last two passes make it clear....mother of lightning...

The Red Sea
08-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Hmmm I thought it was Extremely Clear from the ESPN broadcast CP is leaning towards Brodie.

I forgot his exact words but he fully agreed with the comment that drive can easily get a guy the starting role.

& there was at least one more comment that made me fully realise theres a decision Already made.

& lets not even talk about the obvious play calling for both QBs...one QB to hand off & give our back up RBs a shot the other was to get some experience passing before week 1.

Obvious to me...my families out & I got a chance to actually listen & watch every pllay & my empty cans of Labatts agrees with my Brodie/CP call for sure!

the Talking Can
08-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Hmmm I thought it was Extremely Clear from the ESPN broadcast CP is leaning towards Brodie.

I forgot his exact words but he fully agreed with the comment that drive can easily get a guy the starting role.

& there was at least one more comment that made me fully realise theres a decision Already made.

& lets not even talk about the obvious play calling for both QBs...one QB to hand off & give our back up RBs a shot the other was to get some experience passing before week 1.

Obvious to me...my families out & I got a chance to actually listen & watch every pllay & my empty cans of Labatts agrees with my Brodie/CP call for sure!

welcome to the planet

i hope you're right

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2007, 08:02 PM
But then Tony G. just pointed out that throwing interceptions in the red zone is something that could hurt Croyle's chances.

Fish
08-16-2007, 08:06 PM
But then Tony G. just pointed out that throwing interceptions in the red zone is something that could hurt Croyle's chances.

But then Tony G. said Croyle would be one of the greats...

WTF?

the Talking Can
08-16-2007, 08:21 PM

gee, ya think?

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
How will we win less games this year when our QB situation can't get ANY WORSE than last year and we have a better team (assuming LJ signs)?

While I agree with you in principle, Huard really did have an incredible year, in which at least 4 easy INT's were dropped by a defender. To expect Damon Huard to start 16 games and have a QBR of 98.0 again is probably not a good idea if you're easily disappointed.

mikey23545
08-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Playing Huard is "Business as Usual" for King Carl.

I didn't realize Carl was the Head Coach this year?!?!?

Hydrae
08-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I see no reason to start Huard. The only way you start him is if he is head and shoulders better than the competition.

mikey23545
08-16-2007, 08:35 PM
While I agree with you in principle, Huard really did have an incredible year, in which at least 4 easy INT's were dropped by a defender. To expect Damon Huard to start 16 games and have a QBR of 98.0 again is probably not a good idea if you're easily disappointed.

Yeah, I think I heard them say on ESPN that no QB has ever had an interception dropped in the history of the NFL before...A fluke we are not likely to ever see repeated again....It definitely skewed Huard's numbers....

LanceHunter
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Will it make much difference who the QB is? Once LJ is suited up, won't Herm tell Solari to run run run and run some more? And how did Solari go from being a defensive coordinator at KU to offensive coordinator for the Chiefs? Really have to like what ya see in Broadway Brodie, same alma mater as Broadway Joe lol.

htismaqe
08-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I think I heard them say on ESPN that no QB has ever had an interception dropped in the history of the NFL before...A fluke we are not likely to ever see repeated again....It definitely skewed Huard's numbers....

Nice attempt at sarcasm, but don't quit your day job.

They didn't just drop one, they dropped SEVERAL, and they weren't fingertip drops, they got hit in the breadbasket.

Not only that, but he fell on alot of his own fumbles.

He put the ball up for grabs way too many times, and fortunately for him, it never cost us.

If you actually EXPECT him to only throw 1 INT and put up a 98 QBR next year, you're just asking to be disappointed. It won't happen.

mikey23545
08-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Nice attempt at sarcasm, but don't quit your day job.

They didn't just drop one, they dropped SEVERAL, and they weren't fingertip drops, they got hit in the breadbasket.

Not only that, but he fell on alot of his own fumbles.

He put the ball up for grabs way too many times, and fortunately for him, it never cost us.

If you actually EXPECT him to only throw 1 INT and put up a 98 QBR next year, you're just asking to be disappointed. It won't happen.

I don't "expect" anything. I hope Croyle wins the starting job. But this incredibly stupid, repeated rationalization of Huard's fine season last year is the last refuge of sports retards. Final answer.

Mecca
08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Whoever they start at QB it's going to be a really ugly offensive year....just start Croyle see what he is.

FAX
08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
If we start Huard, we will win at least 7 or 8 games, nothing more.

If we start Croyle, we will win at least 5 or 6 games, but the future will be bright because he will have grown, as well as the other young guys on offense.

So I guess Herm and the Chiefs have to ask themselves if they really believe Croyle is worth the bad year to get the team in the right direction. I'm pretty sure they'll go with Croyle.

I have this uneasy feeling that Hermoine will go with Huard because he hates the turnovers worse than touchdowns, Mr. Vanilla Thunder.

FAX

ClevelandBronco
08-16-2007, 09:14 PM
gee, ya think?

You're right. Athletes can be idiots.