08-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Time to declare allegiances.

el borracho
08-16-2007, 10:48 PM
I like the Chiefs pretty well.

Mr Luzcious
08-16-2007, 10:53 PM
I like the Chiefs pretty well.

Yeah.. I was going to say that at first, but I decided it wasn't worth the effort. And then the poll came.

el borracho
08-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Be advised that this poll already exists: other users can see the repost you created.

Archie Bunker
08-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Croyle. Got his jersey on the way.

Buck
08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I stand alone, I guess. Does my vote even really count?

Hammock Parties
08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Put him in coach. He's ready to play.

cdcox
08-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Be advised that this poll already exists: other users can see the repost you created.

This is poll is after the second preseason game.

Mr Luzcious
08-16-2007, 11:15 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167858

Owned.

cdcox
08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=167858

Owned.

Yes, Yes I am.

Rasputin
08-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Is their a competition? Brodie all the way!!! No doupt Brodie is the starter or should be the starter for the next 8 -10 years. (and that would give us two or three Super Bowls, (Maybe four SB)). Brodie is good or at least next to saying Brodie is God for being :arrow: QB. yea I know he is going to throw some ints but the kid can throw a rocket and get more TDs than Huard. Just sayin BRODIE CROYLE is the QB for KC.

arrowheadnation
08-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Just get LJ in the friggin backfield and I don't care.

ClevelandBronco
08-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Croyle if you get LJ back with the team. Huard if LJ holds out.

You can afford to get Huard killed. You don't want to do that with Croyle. I love that kid's arm and his potential, at least as much of it as I've seen.

Tribal Warfare
08-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I stand alone, I guess. Does my vote even really count?

Yes, but it counts to who you didn't select :D

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 01:09 AM
I'll admit I was a Huard fan before but now I am jumping wagons.

I was a Huard fan last year and judged it on his record in NFL starts (maybe hoping some and no choice). I did give him the benefit of the doubt and posted accordingly.

Huards NFL startrecord speaks for itself but I believe Croyle will be better if he can learn that he does not have to save us like he did @ Alabama.

Until his third year anyway.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Until Huard starts to suck in games that actually matter. You should be with Huard. Don't give me that BS about rebuilding. You try to win first, if Huard sucks balls the first 4 games and we go 1 and 3 and his QB rating is 65. By all means go with Croyle. Huard has done everything to be the starter at this point. Preseason games are absolutely meaningless. Even thus far in preseason games, I'd still give the nod to Huard. With our ball control and offensive philosophy we can't afford to throw the gambling picks that Croyle will make. Lets at least ****ing try before we throw in the towel. It's like everybody forget the spark plug he was last year and how he helped salvage our season.

08-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Until Huard starts to suck in games that actually matter. You should be with Huard. Don't give me that BS about rebuilding. You try to win first, if Huard sucks balls the first 4 games and we go 1 and 3 and his QB rating is 65. By all means go with Croyle. Huard has done everything to be the starter at this point. Preseason games are absolutely meaningless. Even thus far in preseason games, I'd still give the nod to Huard. With our ball control and offensive philosophy we can't afford to throw the gambling picks that Croyle will make. Lets at least ****ing try before we throw in the towel. It's like everybody forget the spark plug he was last year and how he helped salvage our season.
Carl? Is that you?

luv
08-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Still a few kinks, but they'll work themselves out with some time. Any option was better than Huard tonight.

Discuss Thrower
08-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Croyle can be all Huard was last year provided he's told that HE plays not to LOSE the game. Don't force anything, manage the offense, and make a great play now and then. Wouldn't hurt to put weights in his left shoe, either.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Still a few kinks, but they'll work themselves out with some time. Any option was better than Huard tonight.

Yeah it's real easy to evaluate a guy who threw 5 freaking passes in a PRESEASON GAME . How about over half of the season last year where he was a freaking stud? I guess that just doesn't matter hu?

luv
08-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Yeah it's real easy to evaluate a guy who threw 5 freaking passes in a PRESEASON GAME . How about over half of the season last year where he was a freaking stud? I guess that just doesn't matter hu?
If he's a vet in a preseason game, and he's that good, he should be shining right now? Why isn't he?

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2007, 01:22 AM
It's like everybody forget the spark plug he was last year and how he helped salvage our season.

I think it was more the piss poor NFC West than anything Huard did. His wonderful spark sure looked great against the powerhouse Steelers and Dolphins teams of last year.

08-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Ok. So we base EVERYTHING on the past then. Sounds wise.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:26 AM
If he's a vet in a preseason game, and he's that good, he should be shining right now? Why isn't he?

You do realize the Indianapolis Colts went 1 and 3 last year don't ya? O YA, by the way, he's threw 5 passes last night. I don't understand you people. You evaluate 5 passes in a game that means nothing, more than 300 passes last year.

luv
08-17-2007, 01:27 AM
You do realize the Indianapolis Colts went 1 and 3 last year don't ya? O YA, by the way, he's threw 5 passes last night. I don't understand you people. You evaluate 5 passes in a game that means nothing, more than 300 passes last year.
I'm not asking about last year. I'm asking why he looks so bad right now.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Ok. So we base EVERYTHING on the past then. Sounds wise.

Past performance is a good indication of the future. You go with Huard, until he sucks. Maybe he will suck, maybe he won't. But for god sakes, you got to try first. You play to win the game!

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:31 AM
I'm not asking about last year. I'm asking why he looks so bad right now.

Preseason. He's thrown a total of 9 passes in the preseason. It's an extremely micro small sample size and is not statistically significant. Anybody can look like shit after 9 passes. We're not talkin' about a game, we're talkin about PRESEASON. Not a game, PRESEASON.

Past performance is a good indication of the future. You go with Huard, until he sucks. Maybe he will suck, maybe he won't. But for god sakes, you got to try first. You play to win the game!
AGree to disagree. He has been fine coming off the bench as a backup yet he has never been considered a starter anywhere he has played. He had the opportunity in Miami and they were not interested even after seeing him play in Marinos place a couple times.

Maybe he is SUPPOSED to be a backup.

Preseason. He's thrown a total of 9 passes in the preseason. It's a huge sample size and is not statistically significant. Anybody can look like shit after 9 passes. We're not talkin' about a game, we're talkin about PRESEASON. Not a game, PRESEASON.
So you are saying that its preseason. Thanks for clearing that up.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:32 AM
AGree to disagree. He has been fine coming off the bench as a backup yet he has never been considered a starter anywhere he has played. He had the opportunity in Miami and they were not interested even after seeing him play in Marinos place a couple times.

You get labeled a backup in this league after a while. If it wasn't for some lucky breaks, alot of household names you know now would still be sitting behind guys if they didn't get their chance.

luv
08-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Preseason. He's thrown a total of 9 passes in the preseason. It's an extremely micro small sample size and is not statistically significant. Anybody can look like shit after 9 passes. We're not talkin' about a game, we're talkin about PRESEASON. Not a game, PRESEASON.
Are we talking about preseason? :p He's not allowed to look good during preseason or something?

08-17-2007, 01:33 AM
You get labeled a backup in this league after a while. If it wasn't for some lucky breaks, alot of household names you know now would still be sitting behind guys if they didn't get their chance.
Young QBs usually.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Young QBs usually.

Or guys that sit behind Tom Brady, Dan Marino, and Trent Green in his prime. At any rate, that is irrelevant. You see what Damon did in 8 games last year. Theres no reason to not play him now. Unless he's being a total dbag in practice and has no idea how to run the offense, he should start, PERIOD.

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 01:37 AM

His record during tonights game showed 1-0 when they showed the Miami record since Dan Marino?

08-17-2007, 01:41 AM
His record during tonights game showed 1-0 when they showed the Miami record since Dan Marino?
OK, so I was counting the game that he came off of the bench too. That is still 2.

08-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Or guys that sit behind Tom Brady, Dan Marino, and Trent Green in his prime. At any rate, that is irrelevant. You see what Damon did in 8 games last year. Theres no reason to not play him now. Unless he's being a total dbag in practice and has no idea how to run the offense, he should start, PERIOD.
OK, who did Tom Brady sit behind? Dan Marino is the only one that started from the beginning. Trent failed as a starter then moved around the league before finding his niche in KC.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:44 AM
OK, who did Tom Brady sit behind? Dan Marino is the only one that started from the beginning. Trent failed as a starter then moved around the league before finding his niche in KC.

I was talking about the guys that were starters on the teams Huard was on.

08-17-2007, 01:48 AM
I was talking about the guys that were starters on the teams Huard was on.

I know you were. I was talking about guys that are young that end up being good in this league. If you don't take the risk you will NEVER know.

luv
08-17-2007, 01:49 AM
I know you were. I was talking about guys that are young that end up being good in this league. If you don't take the risk you will NEVER know.
This is KC. The home of undeveloped QB's.

08-17-2007, 01:50 AM
This is KC. The home of undeveloped QB's.
Because we are the only organization that is scared to death to try it.

BWillie
08-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Because we are the only organization that is scared to death to try it.

You are missing the point here. I'm not saying not to use Croyle. Most teams plug in the newbie some way in the middle to the end of the season, not feed him to the wolves in the beginning and risk going ofer 5 to start. Especially if Larry holds out.

08-17-2007, 01:56 AM
You are missing the point here. I'm not saying not to use Croyle. Most teams plug in the newbie some way in the middle to the end of the season, not feed him to the wolves in the beginning and risk going ofer 5 to start. Especially if Larry holds out.
Well, shit. If we are talking about Larry holding out for the season, then by all means, start Huard or Printers. If Larry signs I still think this is the right year to play Croyle.

Bwana
08-17-2007, 06:01 AM
Croyle is he can get away from his back foot throws. The guy looked like Joe Montana on one drive and Ryan Leaf the next. The QB coach needs to work on his throwing off his back foot crap.

boogblaster
08-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Croyle is a better talent...Huard has more game experince..If LJ returns you have to give the Kid his shot .....

StcChief
08-17-2007, 07:11 AM
for now Huard. Croyle will have to do more

morphius
08-17-2007, 07:24 AM
in 8 games? Don't you mean 5? Denver game nothing, Steelers game pathetic, and his last game was a complete embarrassment only rivaled by the playoff game. As long as we don't play any teams with a D you might have a point...

HonestChieffan
08-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Im a Republican.

Reerun_KC
08-17-2007, 07:42 AM

Huard shouldnt even be on our roster let alone starting... 31 other teams have passed on him for a starting spot for 10 years.

He sucks get over it...

So professor, what did you see from this that has Huard for President written all over it?

vs Cinci: 12/20 140yds 1TD 2fmbls:
vs Denver: 17/23 133yds 0TD 2fmbls:
vs Frisco: 18/23 208yds 2TD:
vs Arizona: 26/38 288yds 2TD 1fmbl:
vs Pittsburg: 16/32 162yds 0TD 1int:
vs San Diego: 15/27 232yds 2TD 1fmbl:
vs Seattle: 17/25 312 yds 1TD 2fmbls:
vs St Louis: 10/15 148yds 3TD 1fmbl:
vs Miami: 15/38 201yds:

HemiEd
08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
After two preseason games, I have no reason to think Huard is the answer. Croyle has an upside.