PDA

View Full Version : Why was Jaws sucking off Huard?

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Did anybody catch that segment on SportsCenter, he complained so much about Croyle's INT more than how crappy Huard played tonight. Unreal especially coming from Jaws who normally is one of the best tv guys.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 12:44 AM
I was upset by Croyle's pick, but Huard couldn't even dump it off to Bennett without hanging it up there.

Tribal Warfare
08-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Did anybody catch that segment on SportsCenter, he complained so much about Croyle's INT more than how crappy Huard played tonight. Unreal especially coming from Jaws who normally is one of the best tv guys.

Carl tipped him with a President Frankin

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 12:51 AM
He works for WPI? =CP.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Jaws is Hootie?

tk13
08-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Pretty much every ESPN guy was leaning toward Huard. Salisbury said he'd pick Huard. And the Monday Night Countdown crew, Keyshawn and Emmitt Smith both said we should go with Huard. Tom Jackson was the only one who kinda waivered, and he said if we wanted to win this year go with Huard.

ChiefsCountry
08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Pretty much every ESPN guy was leaning toward Huard. Salisbury said he'd pick Huard. And the Monday Night Countdown crew, Keyshawn and Emmitt Smith both said we should go with Huard. Tom Jackson was the only one who kinda waivered, and he said if we wanted to win this year go with Huard.

Thats good then, means we should go with Croyle bc those dipsticks always get it wrong.

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 01:01 AM
I wonder why our CB's are about 100 years old and the QB is fine @98 YO according to them?

keg in kc
08-17-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm still trying to figure out why Huard = winning.

You take the good with the bad with Croyle as he grows up, but at least you know they'll be some good. Whereas Huard basically throws wounded ducks and fumbles a lot, which, oh yeah, has 'championship' written all over it.

08-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Why are we the only team in the damn league that is scared to death to go with a young QB. Blackledge was a long time ago and Carl wasn't even around then.

I just don't get the fear anymore. I am glad we had Huard last year and he was great. I think that Croyle is the way to go though. I can live with the growing pains as long as he doesn't repeat the same mistake over and over. Which he really hasn't yet.

mikey23545
08-17-2007, 03:45 AM

You take the good with the bad with Croyle as he grows up, but at least you know they'll be some good. Whereas Huard basically throws wounded ducks and fumbles a lot, which, oh yeah, has 'championship' written all over it.

Yep....Huard had his chance to show he could play competently last year and blew it...

08-17-2007, 03:48 AM

In Huards defense, he may fumble but at least a chief generally always recovers it.

kcxiv
08-17-2007, 04:29 AM
I dont think anyone in their right minds thinks the Chiefs are a Championship team. They just think he has the better chance at winning now.

Analysts dont care about letting Croyle go through growing pains. I agree Huard will probalby win more games, but i wanna go with Croyle now. May as well suffer them now. The thing with that is CP is just about done, and he's going to go out as a ****ing failure. I dont care that he made the Hunts so much money, he just failed at getting done what your supposed to get done.

the Talking Can
08-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Croyle's TD pass was the first the Chiefs had thrown in a preseason game since 2005, acording to ESPN....

and I can't figure why people react as if Croyle is the only young QB who ever threw an int....none of them talked about the obvious: he was better than last week....that's called "progess"...that's all that matters...

08-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Croyle's TD pass was the first the Chiefs had thrown in a preseason game since 2005, acording to ESPN....

and I can't figure why people react as if Croyle is the only young QB who ever threw an int....none of them talked about the obvious: he was better than last week....that's called "progess"...that's all that matters...
yep

Bugeater
08-17-2007, 05:16 AM
The real question is why was Jaws in the booth to begin with. I hope he's not a permanent addition to MNF.

MadMax
08-17-2007, 05:35 AM

Huard is a retarded Trent Green rofl Seriously though, we need to find out if Croyle is the answer before the next draft.

Ultra Peanut
08-17-2007, 05:36 AM
I dont think anyone in their right minds thinks the Chiefs are a Championship team. They just think he has the better chance at winning now.That's the thing. Just for the sake of argument, let's say Huard takes us from 6-10 with Croyle at the helm to 9-7 instead. That's a stretch, frankly, but let's say those are the options.

And for what? Another "sneak into the playoffs for an early exit," at best. I like what Huard did for us when things looked dire last year, but it's time to invest in the future. Croyle will make mistakes, but the only way he can get better is if he's out there making them at some point.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Yep....Huard had his chance to show he could play competently last year and blew it...

Keep it up. Eventually you might just be able to generate a few yucks.

Oh, you want people to take you seriously, despite the weak sarcasm.

So, remind me again why we're settling for COMPETENT? Oh yeah, because we'd rather be 9-7 every year than actually compete for a Super Bowl some day...

Hootie
08-17-2007, 06:38 AM
The real question is why was Jaws in the booth to begin with. I hope he's not a permanent addition to MNF.
are you kidding? He's way better than Theismann and in all reality, he's the best friggin' analyst/voice for the NFL.

tmax63
08-17-2007, 07:10 AM
That's why they have preseason isn't it? To get players to learn and apply things at game speed. I'm hoping a lightbulb went on over Croyle's head on both drives, the first saying okay that's how it's supposed to look and the second one saying sh!t I can't get away with that at this level. The next light bulb I want to see come on is when Croyle doesn't let that int affect him on the next drive.

Reerun_KC
08-17-2007, 07:13 AM
In Huards defense, he may fumble but at least a chief generally always recovers it.

thats very weak to say the least....

DenverChief
08-17-2007, 07:15 AM

Jumpin jezos another voice of reason

ChiefsfaninPA
08-17-2007, 07:18 AM

He's permanent. You better get used to him. Though he does have a relationship with King Carl, and I am sure King Carl has made it known to him who he wants playing so he is just another of King Carl's mouthpieces.

JohninGpt
08-17-2007, 07:19 AM
They were rookies togather? :shrug:

FringeNC
08-17-2007, 07:22 AM
I didn't think Jaws was sucking off Huard, I thought Jaws was ripping on the Chiefs' coaching staff for having two entirely different gameplans for each QB -- which makes it hard to evaluate their relative performance.

Also, I loved Jaws comment that he hates not-to-lose football. Correctly, he claimed it simply allowed the weaker team to hang around, and possibly steal one at the end.

Jaws is so much better than Thiesmann.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Tony G's interview late in the game gave me the impression that Croyle's INT was going to be a big set back in the eyes of the coaching staff. IIRC, Tony said the coaches are looking for a player to take charge and not make mistakes. It doesn't matter who your are - a young QB is going to make more mental mistakes than a vet with less natural talent.

Buehler445
08-17-2007, 07:23 AM
If I had transcribed my conversation with the TV when Jaws said that, it would look like this **************************************************************************************************** **************stupid******************************************************************************** ********************************************Huard looks like****************

Regardless, based on that game, I'd go with Croyle anyway. Huard didn't throw an INT, but he also did nothing else. He had one fair pass to TG, but Croyle at least moved the chains. He looked like poopy shoes afterwards, but he at least made some plays. Huards showing in the first quarter was embarrasing to ME, I don't even know what it would be like to him.

Reerun_KC
08-17-2007, 07:27 AM
I don't even know what it would be like to him.

Ask Hootie... They have lots of buttsex....

Fly O.T. McWall
08-17-2007, 07:37 AM
just for the record... since it's preseason and all... printers looked better than croyle and huard PUT TOGETHER.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Im guessing Herm will wait one more week to name the starter. If Croyle plays better this next week, im guessing he will be the starter

Simply Red
08-17-2007, 07:46 AM
are you kidding? He's way better than Theismann and in all reality, he's the best friggin' analyst/voice for the NFL.

WRONG, it is Mort.

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 07:46 AM
just for the record... since it's preseason and all... printers looked better than croyle and huard PUT TOGETHER.

I asked if we was going on performance this week?

:)

OL again!

May Mac be a god...........

Nzoner
08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
I'd say Jaws was sucking off CP,and definitely spent part of the day with his old buddy.Not only was he pimping Huard to no end did you hear the comment about how successful the franchise had been and that there WERE STILL 50,000 on the waiting list for tickets,I mean afterall don't forget the NFL is a business.

Fire Me Boy!
08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Anyone other than me see this thread title and see REALLY bad grammar? I know it's right, but "was Jaws" is really messing with my mind.

Chief Faithful
08-17-2007, 07:55 AM
I enjoy Jaws because, while has his opinions, seems to know and follow the team.

The pregame show was a different matter. Emmit Smith in 4 instances referred to Huard as on the the Chiefs "young" QB's. They all had these strong opinions, but not a one knew anything about the team.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Well Huard was good last year... actually one of the top rated passers in the league. No he's not spectacular but he was very, very solid. So it stands to reason the "experts" are going to say it's his job to lose until somebody takes it away from him... which at least in Jaws... and some other opinions... Croyle hasn't done.

Nzoner
08-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Well Huard was good last year... actually one of the top rated passers in the league.

2nd only to Peyton Manning

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Big Business.

Thats why I laugh when people post they hate Big "anything"

But post supporting an NFL team.

LOL

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-17-2007, 08:03 AM
2nd only to Peyton Manning
Yes... thank you.

It's funny how everyone bitched about Huard being benched in favor of Green in the playoffs, now everyone wants to bitch that we haven't announced our undying and unwaivering commitment to a totally unproven and somewhat unimpressive new QB now.

I don't care who starts. I'd rather win though.

Demonpenz
08-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I hate not to lose football luckily we have herm who plays to win the game.

Nzoner
08-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Yes... thank you.

It's funny how everyone bitched about Huard being benched in favor of Green in the playoffs, now everyone wants to bitch that we haven't announced our undying and unwaivering commitment to a totally unproven and somewhat unimpressive new QB now.

I hope I'm wrong but from a slogan standpoint I'm afraid that's what the season could be start to finish...a whole lotta bitchin' goin on.

Reerun_KC
08-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Yes... thank you.

Damn Carl is all over this message board today....

donkhater
08-17-2007, 08:15 AM
I hate not to lose football luckily we have herm who plays to win the game.
Herm may say "You play to win the game"

But what he does is "You play the game not to lose by many points".

Deberg_1990
08-17-2007, 08:44 AM

I understand their perspective. But they dont understand it from a fan perspective. They dont see the fan apathy with the CP era.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Well Huard was good last year... actually one of the top rated passers in the league. No he's not spectacular but he was very, very solid. So it stands to reason the "experts" are going to say it's his job to lose until somebody takes it away from him... which at least in Jaws... and some other opinions... Croyle hasn't done.

Huard, outside of last year, hasn't done it either.

Expecting him to do it again is borderline crazy. He got some lucky bounces on fumbles last year and alot of dropped INT's. He's not gonna put up a 98.0 QBR again.

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 08:49 AM

I mentioned it in another thread...that EXACT play - throwing an INT on first down after taking over inside the opponent's red zone - was a STAPLE for Trent Green.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I mentioned it in another thread...that EXACT play - throwing an INT on first down after taking over inside the opponent's red zone - was a STAPLE for Trent Green.

Yea, ive mentioned it many times on here before. I liked what Green did here in KC, but he in no way was a God.

Honestly, everyone thinks it wasnt his fault we never won a playoff game, and that may be true....But he also lost his fair share of games here by making dumb mistakes like you just mentioned.

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 08:55 AM

How many red zone INT's did Trent throw while in KC?

htismaqe
08-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Deberg_1990
08-17-2007, 09:07 AM

I wasnt talking about just red zone INT's. He also did Jeff George like things such as fumble the ball, held on to the ball too long and took sacks, plus he always , always threw bad INT's. He had a knack for that.

I wont dog on him too much. Hes the best QB we had here in decades, but it was time for him to go. He had his time and he didnt get it done.

Reerun_KC
08-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I wasnt talking about just red zone INT's. He also did Jeff George like things such as fumble the ball, held on to the ball too long and took sacks, plus he always , always threw bad INT's. He had a knack for that.

I wont dog on him too much. Hes the best QB we had here in decades, but it was time for him to go. He had his time and he didnt get it done.

yeah so has Carl.....

He started smelling pretty bad about 9 years ago....

Megbert
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Replace the Chiefs with the Giants and Croyle with shEli Manning or any other 'highly touted QB' and the analysts would be saying the exact opposite.

Growing pains are to be expected with a young QB all I want to see is progress on Croyles part. The passes he made last night were really nice and on time and for the most part hit the receiver in stride. Just gotta learn some 'touch' and stop throwing the ball off his back foot.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-17-2007, 09:21 AM
As soon as Croyle threw that ball toward the end zone, I had flashbacks to the nightmare of Green throwing off his back foot when he was pressured and trying to make a play. How many times did we all curse as soon as we saw Green leaning back to throw the ball, and now Croyle does something like this last night?

Apparently Green was a great mentor for Croyle in the off-season. :cuss:

The Red Sea
08-17-2007, 09:28 AM
You know I always loved how Jaws is a Chiefs supporter but sometimes I want him to back the F off!

& is it me or that freakin smile hes got going 24/7 hes stoned or maybe thats a Vicodon smile.

Still I like his love for the Chiefs & how he Wants them to win the big one..finally.

I think Jaws just thinks if its rebuild time then go all the way as many of us feel..sigh...I'm 50/50 on how I feel.

patteeu
08-17-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm on the Hootie bandwagon with Huard starting at the beginning of the season to either win the tough road games or take the lumps and then, if the latter occurs, bring Croyle in to get his first real action during a long home stretch.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Huard, outside of last year, hasn't done it either.

Expecting him to do it again is borderline crazy. He got some lucky bounces on fumbles last year and alot of dropped INT's. He's not gonna put up a 98.0 QBR again.
Yea... I was answering the question of why Jaws was pimping Huard. I'd probably start Croyle.

Skip Towne
08-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm on the Hootie bandwagon with Huard starting at the beginning of the season to either win the tough road games or take the lumps and then, if the latter occurs, bring Croyle in to get his first real action during a long home stretch.
Well, Hootie is always right. If you don't believe that just ask him.

Chiefaholic
08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Huard has been a career backup for a reason. I like him as an insurance plan, but nothing more.

Croyle is young and inexperienced and WILL make some mistakes that could cost us a game or two. But, be honest, what record will we have with Huard under center? Let Croyle play, learn the offense, get used to the speed of the NFL, get timing with his recievers, and trake his lumps this season. He throws a hell of a lot better pass than huard, and Gonzo won't be around forever. Play Croyle this year, take the better draft choice, and look for the playoffs next season.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Trade Huard at first chance. Croyle, Printers & whoever

FAX
08-17-2007, 11:38 AM
I will say this, Brodie Croyle throws a friggin' asteroid of a football. He has the strength in his arm to make passes that will confound and demoralize defensive backs.

If Hermoine can channel that talent, Brodie can bring some excitement to Chiefs football the likes of which we haven't seen for a long time.

The doom train just took on water at Homer Springs.

FAX