PDA

View Full Version : Rule Clarification Please

Chiefnj2
08-17-2007, 07:26 AM
What's the deal with QB contact when the QB has passed the LOS? I thought that if a QB slides or his knee is down the ball is spotted at the beginning of the slide or where his knee touches. With all the QB protection rules in place I thought that once they were down the play is pretty much over and defenders must stay clear (Trent Green slide notwithstanding).

HonestChieffan
08-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Hurts like sin passing an LOS.

If he does that on the field and can walk off he deserves a free kick.

Fly O.T. McWall
08-17-2007, 07:30 AM
What's the deal with QB contact when the QB has passed the LOS? I thought that if a QB slides or his knee is down the ball is spotted at the beginning of the slide or where his knee touches. With all the QB protection rules in place I thought that once they were down the play is pretty much over and defenders must stay clear (Trent Green slide notwithstanding).
to my knowledge, if he slides he gets protection. he's fair game if he dives forward. as the knee, he ain't "down" till someone touches him.

Smed1065
08-17-2007, 07:33 AM
to my knowledge, if he slides he gets protection. he's fair game if he dives forward. as the knee, he ain't "down" till someone touches him.

Bingo-contact and down with no slide otherwise live.

If the win depended on one call, we still R wrong.

Especially @ home. IMO.

StcChief
08-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Ask Trent about the Rule.

Fire Me Boy!
08-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Ask Trent about the Rule.
The only thing I ever heard Trent say about it, I thought was great... he said it was either an illegal hit or a fumble. After he was knocked unconscious, he lost the football.